#1 ExtraHye

ExtraHye

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,611 posts
  • Location:In a world with happy people who like to play all day

Posted 20 January 2004 - 06:26 PM

I've been doing a lot of thinking lately about life (Well, more so then usual.) How it's full of nothing but crime and hate. Where you can't let your kids play free outside without adult supervision. The sad part is that it's getting worse and worse each year. Who knows how bad it would be 20 years from now. Now my question is, would it be selfish of us to bring kids into this world. A world that's full of crime...

Edit* Why or why not... smile.gif

Edited by ExtraHye, 20 January 2004 - 06:32 PM.

#2 Dan

Dan

Banned. Never to Return.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,589 posts

Posted 20 January 2004 - 06:30 PM

No, I don't think it's selfish of us to bring kids into this world. But I do think that it's selfish of those who propose immigration plans (hint hint) to impose such a condition on our kids... i.e. immigration kills. Or at least, illegal immigration does.. rolleyes.gif

Edit* Why or why not...

Edit: Why is it not selfish? Because that's the way it's been since the beginning of time... think about it, if everyone thought it selfish to bring kids into this world, what would happen to humanity? (Note to all those who will criticise me for this sentence due to my non-procreative lifestyle, I said "IF EVERYONE"). biggrin.gif So yeah, I think no matter how hard life is, procreation will go on, even if there are people out there who choose not to procreate due to the fact that the world has become a "cruel place".. And while agree that the world is indeed a very cruel place, I also think we must address the problem instead of the consequences of that problem (i.e. halting the act of procreation).. address immigration problems, address health problems, address gang related issues.. address gun ownership laws, address why that pedo in town was released when he was supposed to remain in jail for another 2 years.. address the various phobias (including the most recent trend, White-phobia.. [and no, I'm not a White supremacist -- just very realistic])...

Edited by Dan, 20 January 2004 - 09:23 PM.

#3 THOTH

THOTH

Veteran

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts
  • Interests:many

Posted 20 January 2004 - 08:31 PM

Extra..believe me - this concern weighed heavy on my mind for many years..ultimatly I felt that it was my duty to bring children into this world...to give soem hope..thinking that perhaps I might have something of value to pass on (genetically and otherwise - through teaching and by example)...and also - we tend to sometimes/often focus on the bad..but there is much good in the world as well..very much so...and life itself...is that not a blessing in itself...through conception might we be playing a very important part in something much greater then we can ever understand? (please remind those children to brush their teeth daily now....)

#4 Anileve

Anileve

Epicure Maximus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,201 posts
  • Interests:Running around at dawn and poking innocent bystanders with pipe cleaners.

Posted 20 January 2004 - 08:43 PM

I am adopting 25 year olds when I decide to have a family. That way they can quickly move out and have a family and start supporting me, thus I don't have to deal with their poopy vorikner! rolleyes.gif

#5 Azat

Azat

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,969 posts
  • Interests:wine, beer, food, art, jokes

Posted 20 January 2004 - 08:56 PM

hahaha. if you are rich you can always adopt me anileve

#6 angel4hope

angel4hope

look at me...i can fly!...sploosh!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,595 posts
  • Interests:too many to list... btw i love eye candy! therefore my addiction, and hence my diabetes :(

Posted 20 January 2004 - 09:00 PM

ure hilariouso azaticos!!heheeh u got a new name now!

#7 Anonymouse

Anonymouse

Julius Caesar was a salad dressing dude!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,244 posts

Posted 20 January 2004 - 09:08 PM

QUOTE (ExtraHye @ Jan 20 2004, 06:26 PM)
I've been doing a lot of thinking lately about life (Well, more so then usual.) How it's full of nothing but crime and hate. Where you can't let your kids play free outside without adult supervision. The sad part is that it's getting worse and worse each year. Who knows how bad it would be 20 years from now. Now my question is, would it be selfish of us to bring kids into this world. A world that's full of crime...

Edit* Why or why not... smile.gif

The answer to your problem, is to live outside the City. The City is a dehumanizing hell hole.

#8 THOTH

THOTH

Veteran

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts
  • Interests:many

Posted 20 January 2004 - 09:27 PM

QUOTE (Anonymouse @ Jan 20 2004, 10:08 PM)
The answer to your problem, is to live outside the City. The City is a dehumanizing hell hole.

Yes - and just what are you or your capitalist masters doing about it? Oh - not your problem..yes I see...

Edited by vava, 20 January 2004 - 10:50 PM.

#9 Dan

Dan

Banned. Never to Return.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,589 posts

Posted 20 January 2004 - 10:42 PM

QUOTE (Anonymouse @ Jan 20 2004, 10:08 PM)

It's a matter of principle. I'd refuse to move away from the city just because a gang of <insert skin colour here>s has terrorised the population by their violence, criminal activities, threats, harassment, etc. What I would do instead is vote for a party that is dedicated to fight the root of the problem instead of the consequences of the problem (e.g.: outlawing gun sales instead of trying to get 500 more cops on the streets to control gun violence -- well guess what, those cops aren't exactly mind readers who can travel at the speed of light to the location of violence before it happens in order to prevent it, they can only try to find the perpetrator after the crime has been committed).. In Canada, the party that would get my votes would be the Conservative Party (PC-Alliance rolleyes.gif ), in the UK, it'd be the BNP, in the States it would be no one (because both Republicans and Democrats have shot themselves in the foot with regards to that issue)... Going away won't solve the problem. And THAT is a very selfish outlook. mad.gif

#10 gevo27

gevo27

Its one of the most beautiful sights... now i have to go see it.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,517 posts

Posted 20 January 2004 - 10:46 PM

anonymous, thats just plain WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LMAO>>>>> u have no idea brother....

I lived outside the city for 3 years went to Kern Valley HS,,, and what i saw there was worse waaaaaaaaaaay worse than here at glendale.... except the crime... but i was more or less relating to your phrase dehumanizing.. lol.. so trust me your wrong... the school consisted of about 460 kids.. and it was impossible for someone to have sex with someone else and everyone not knowing about it.. and then the girl wouldnt show up for couple days, until someone elses name was goin around...lol... anyways... the point is... the country,, as apose to city, is no better humanity wise... but crime.. yes its a little better....

note* everyone having sex with everyone else is not the only reason i say that about that HS,, but one among many...
crack
chew
smoke
crystle
bombs
hitlist in lockers
sex in bathrooms
rape
massiv shit talk to blacks.. (all rednecks mainly, and 98% girls blonde)
and overall very very dumb kids,,

but no more about that,, thats diff topic.. lol

OK OK,, Extrahye jan,, you dont even have to worry about this topic.. LOL... jk....

well, Thot actually is very right, you fel it as a duty almost and he would know better than i woudl about that..
But my take on it is, i love kids, and when you watch your kids grow up and become someone, you are happy, and well i not have too many reasons i guess, but you just kinda have to.. LOL...

think about it, if everyone thought it selfish to bring kids into this world, what would happen to humanity?

Dan, you are comparing different situations here thouhg, back then the crime was significantly less.... and thats the problem hree i guess,,, crime and mean people...

trust me the "none city" situation is worse if not the worst.. LMAO... but i like that anon....

#11 Dan

Dan

Banned. Never to Return.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,589 posts

Posted 20 January 2004 - 11:05 PM

all rednecks mainly, and 98% girls blonde

sheesh, and i thought USA was the gathering place of anti-White folks... rolleyes.gif

Dan, you are comparing different situations here thouhg, back then the crime was significantly less.... and thats the problem hree i guess,,, crime and mean people...

i don't think i was comparing anything..... i was just saying that if people think it's unsafe to raise kids cos they could be in danger of being killed/raped/etc., what's the world gonna come down to? i mean, if everyone stops procreating for that reason... i don't know what would happen.. maybe then the chinese will take over the world. laugh.gif

#12 gevo27

gevo27

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,517 posts

Posted 20 January 2004 - 11:11 PM

i don't think i was comparing anything..... i was just saying that if people think it's unsafe to raise kids cos they could be in danger of being killed/raped/etc., what's the world gonna come down to? i mean, if everyone stops procreating for that reason... i don't know what would happen.. maybe then the chinese will take over the world. 

rgrt Dan...

#13 Dan

Dan

Banned. Never to Return.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,589 posts

Posted 20 January 2004 - 11:26 PM

QUOTE (gevo27 @ Jan 21 2004, 12:11 AM)
rgrt Dan...

eh??? huh.gif unsure.gif

#14 gevo27

gevo27

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,517 posts

Posted 20 January 2004 - 11:31 PM

rgrt means>>> roger that.....

#15 Dan

Dan

Banned. Never to Return.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,589 posts

Posted 20 January 2004 - 11:36 PM

QUOTE (gevo27 @ Jan 21 2004, 12:31 AM)
rgrt means>>> roger that.....

lollll... i didn't know that... huh.gif ok thanks for letting me know what it meant. biggrin.gif

#16 Anonymouse

Anonymouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,244 posts

Posted 20 January 2004 - 11:58 PM

QUOTE (Dan @ Jan 20 2004, 10:42 PM)
It's a matter of principle. I'd refuse to move away from the city just because a gang of <insert skin colour here>s has terrorised the population by their violence, criminal activities, threats, harassment, etc. What I would do instead is vote for a party that is dedicated to fight the root of the problem instead of the consequences of the problem (e.g.: outlawing gun sales instead of trying to get 500 more cops on the streets to control gun violence -- well guess what, those cops aren't exactly mind readers who can travel at the speed of light to the location of violence before it happens in order to prevent it, they can only try to find the perpetrator after the crime has been committed).. In Canada, the party that would get my votes would be the Conservative Party (PC-Alliance rolleyes.gif ), in the UK, it'd be the BNP, in the States it would be no one (because both Republicans and Democrats have shot themselves in the foot with regards to that issue)... Going away won't solve the problem. And THAT is a very selfish outlook. mad.gif

Voting doesn't solve anything. If anything, bigger government, welfarism, breeds more crime.

#17 Anonymouse

Anonymouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,244 posts

Posted 20 January 2004 - 11:59 PM

QUOTE (gevo27 @ Jan 20 2004, 10:46 PM)
anonymous, thats just plain WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LMAO>>>>> u have no idea brother....

I lived outside the city for 3 years went to Kern Valley HS,,, and what i saw there was worse waaaaaaaaaaay worse than here at glendale.... except the crime... but i was more or less relating to your phrase dehumanizing.. lol.. so trust me your wrong... the school consisted of about 460 kids.. and it was impossible for someone to have sex with someone else and everyone not knowing about it.. and then the girl wouldnt show up for couple days, until someone elses name was goin around...lol... anyways... the point is... the country,, as apose to city, is no better humanity wise... but crime.. yes its a little better....

note* everyone having sex with everyone else is not the only reason i say that about that HS,, but one among many...
crack
chew
smoke
crystle
bombs
hitlist in lockers
sex in bathrooms
rape
massiv shit talk to blacks.. (all rednecks mainly, and 98% girls blonde)
and overall very very dumb kids,,

but no more about that,, thats diff topic.. lol

OK OK,, Extrahye jan,, you dont even have to worry about this topic.. LOL... jk....

well, Thot actually is very right, you fel it as a duty almost and he would know better than i woudl about that..
But my take on it is, i love kids, and when you watch your kids grow up and become someone, you are happy, and well i not have too many reasons i guess, but you just kinda have to.. LOL...

trust me the "none city" situation is worse if not the worst.. LMAO... but i like that anon....

Um, no you're wrong. I live in the city and I've been to the outskirts of it, and I've seen worse in the city than outside.

My opinion vs your opinion, how is it wrong?

#18 Anonymouse

Anonymouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,244 posts

Posted 21 January 2004 - 12:01 AM

QUOTE (THOTH @ Jan 20 2004, 09:27 PM)
Yes - and just what are you or your capitalist masters doing about it? Oh - not your problem..yes I see...

What makes one a capitalist? I do not own or employ any laborers? Am I a capitalist? I would probably be defined more along the lines of proletariat, than a capitalist.

#19 gevo27

gevo27

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,517 posts

Posted 21 January 2004 - 02:25 AM

hmm, anonymouse its not my opinion vs. your opinion,, i agree that there is more crime in the city, but if you wanna rais kids, you want them to be clean im sure.. and ive been to both myself,... and trust me your kids are not better off in the outskirts than in the city,,, its safer for their humanity in the city, but maybe not their lives.. LOL... well its not funyn though eh... its sad sad.gif

#20 Stormig

Stormig

Still water runs deep...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,745 posts

Posted 21 January 2004 - 03:18 AM

QUOTE (Dan @ Jan 21 2004, 04:42 AM)

So you might suggest people who would like to bear children in a safe environment until things are cleaned up, then? rolleyes.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users