• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#1 Hayuhi16

Hayuhi16

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 September 2006 - 07:30 PM

Hey... I am new, so i got this question for u. Why do many people hate rabiz music? Is it cuz it has some turkish or arabic mixtures? or is there another reason? I mean c'mon. During the war, Turks took too many things from Armenians, and why do u think Armenians take their music and mix, maybe its Armenian? maybe they took our music too. Or even if we are taking it, SO??? there is nothing wrong in that cuz music is music, if its in Armenian then that's it. I like rabiz music and i think it's great. And in a topic some1 said that HAYko is not a good singer? COME ONN!! u shouldn have said that, i say he is the BEST. i am not sure about tatoul, cuz he is already losing his voice, though he was a great singer. but Armen Aloyan is great too. So i want u guys to think, jashakin enger chka. that's the right statement, cuz if u dont like some kind of music, u shouldn't say bad thing about it, if YOU don't like it doesn't mean nobody shouldn't listen it. THINK OVER PLEASE.

I know its long, but read it please....its just my opinion and i think its true... thanx. smile.gif

#2 hayemyes

hayemyes

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 271 posts
  • Interests:armenians, armenian music

Posted 11 September 2006 - 08:57 PM

QUOTE(Hayuhi16 @ Sep 11 2006, 09:30 PM)  
Hey... I am new, so i got this question for u. Why do many people hate rabiz music? Is it cuz it has some turkish or arabic mixtures? or is there another reason? I mean c'mon. During the war, Turks took too many things from Armenians, and why do u think Armenians take their music and mix, maybe its Armenian? maybe they took our music too. Or even if we are taking it, SO??? there is nothing wrong in that cuz music is music, if its in Armenian then that's it. I like rabiz music and i think it's great. And in a topic some1 said that HAYko is not a good singer? COME ONN!! u shouldn have said that, i say he is the BEST. i am not sure about tatoul, cuz he is already losing his voice, though he was a great singer. but Armen Aloyan is great too. So i want u guys to think, jashakin enger chka. that's the right statement, cuz if u dont like some kind of music, u shouldn't say bad thing about it, if YOU don't like it doesn't mean nobody shouldn't listen it. THINK OVER PLEASE.

I know its long, but read it please....its just my opinion and i think its true... thanx. smile.gif

hi there
welcome to the forum...first of all...and im wondering how long it's gona take before some anti-rabiz fanatics start bashing you lol , just kidding tongue.gif
secondly, i agree with you that rabiz shouldn't be irradiated from our culture totally because it is one part of it...and its totally true that jashakin enker chka...the reason ppl cannot accept rabiz, well there are 2 reasons according to me: first is the oriental influence in the music (i don't agree with this) and ssecond, they cannot tolerate the lifestyle people have transformed rabiz into (i agree with this). i think music is free of politics, and i say that as long as we accept russian influenced music like most of today's boring armenian pop scene artists sing (anna khachatryan and the rest of the gang), we should be able to accept turkish or arabic influence...foreign influence is foreign influence, if ur reacting to the fact that were destroying oru music by incorporating turkish in it, why are you incorporating russian influence in it? ur still making it unauthentic? ain't i right? its funny how these western/russian influenced musicians get on tv and criticize their colleagues who sing rabiz, i find it disgusting...as for the lifestyle, i find it ridiculous that ppl have created the whole aperro lifestyle out of rabiz music, its very irrelevant and has nothing to do with culture...as for hayko, he has good vocal capabilities, but personnaly i don't like the fact that he chnges the song music sometimes and sings with wrong words that don't make sense; i find he whines alot too and it becomes annoying to the ear, but i admit his talent is great...

#3 Hayuhi16

Hayuhi16

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 September 2006 - 11:44 PM

QUOTE(hayemyes @ Sep 11 2006, 09:57 PM)  
hi there
welcome to the forum...first of all...and im wondering how long it's gona take before some anti-rabiz fanatics start bashing you lol , just kidding tongue.gif
secondly, i agree with you that rabiz shouldn't be irradiated from our culture totally because it is one part of it...and its totally true that jashakin enker chka...the reason ppl cannot accept rabiz, well there are 2 reasons according to me: first is the oriental influence in the music (i don't agree with this) and ssecond, they cannot tolerate the lifestyle people have transformed rabiz into (i agree with this). i think music is free of politics, and i say that as long as we accept russian influenced music like most of today's boring armenian pop scene artists sing (anna khachatryan and the rest of the gang), we should be able to accept turkish or arabic influence...foreign influence is foreign influence, if ur reacting to the fact that were destroying oru music by incorporating turkish in it, why are you incorporating russian influence in it? ur still making it unauthentic? ain't i right? its funny how these western/russian influenced musicians get on tv and criticize their colleagues who sing rabiz, i find it disgusting...as for the lifestyle, i find it ridiculous that ppl have created the whole aperro lifestyle out of rabiz music, its very irrelevant and has nothing to do with culture...as for hayko, he has good vocal capabilities, but personnaly i don't like the fact that he chnges the song music sometimes and sings with wrong words that don't make sense; i find he whines alot too and it becomes annoying to the ear, but i admit his talent is great...

hi. thanks for welcoming me. lol. yeah well i agree with you, not the Hayko part, though. I know some people say he needs to sing for dunerals and stuff, but i don't know i just LOVE him. Not the mughams though, i like the slow songs i guess it's all the words of songs. Anyways, I think people get excited about Armenians mixing turkish songs because of the genocide. They think we are letting ourselves down by doing that. I do 't agree though. I don't know. I guess everybody has their own opinions but in MY opinion it is wrong to judge people because of their taste of music.
Liaten to this song, its good. lol. smile.gif

#4 Sip

Sip

Buffet Connoisseur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,366 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 05:33 AM

If someone takes a Britney spears song and sings it in Armenian, would that be an "Armenian" song? Of course not. Same thing with Rabiz ... whether you like it or not, it's not "Armenian". It is Turkish and Arabic songs sang with Armenian words.

#5 Eurocentric

Eurocentric

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 05:46 AM

QUOTE(Sip @ Sep 12 2006, 05:33 AM)  
If someone takes a Britney spears song and sings it in Armenian, would that be an "Armenian" song? Of course not. Same thing with Rabiz ... whether you like it or not, it's not "Armenian". It is Turkish and Arabic songs sang with Armenian words.

Well. The thing is Britney Spears' "music" is not really part of any genre other than the ambiguous pop. So basically anyone can sing that kind of music. Pop is Russian if sang in Russian, Armenian if sang in Armenian.

Rabiz can never be Armenian no matter what. People who enjoy rabiz are masochists.

#6 Harut

Harut

Վերնագիր

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,734 posts
  • Interests:uninterested...

Posted 12 September 2006 - 08:35 AM

rabiz, rabiz yergum em...
harevanis zzvatsnum...
jghats shorer yes hagnum em...
u indz rocker dzevatsnum...

#7 Arpa

Arpa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,011 posts
  • Interests:Culture

Posted 12 September 2006 - 08:45 AM

QUOTE(Sip @ Sep 12 2006, 11:33 AM)  

Is rabiz the Armenian/Russian variant of RUBBISH?
Do they teach music, music appreciation in Armenian schools? Or do they leave it to Mehmet, Ali, Jose and Ivan to teach us our own culture?

#8 hayemyes

hayemyes

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 10:43 AM

QUOTE(Eurocentric @ Sep 12 2006, 07:46 AM)  
Well. The thing is Britney Spears' "music" is not really part of any genre other than the ambiguous pop. So basically anyone can sing that kind of music. Pop is Russian if sang in Russian, Armenian if sang in Armenian.

Rabiz can never be Armenian no matter what. People who enjoy rabiz are masochists.

well that would make all armenians who listen to aram, tata. paul, even harout, masochists...interesting lol

#9 Eurocentric

Eurocentric

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 12:16 PM

QUOTE(hayemyes @ Sep 12 2006, 10:43 AM)  
well that would make all armenians who listen to aram, tata. paul, even harout, masochists...interesting lol

Yes, why is that funny though?

Harout is not rabiz, if we're talking about Pamboukjian.

#10 Yervant1

Yervant1

The True North!

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,603 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 12:20 PM

QUOTE(Eurocentric @ Sep 12 2006, 02:16 PM)  

I think IMO Harout has some Rabiz elements in some of his songs, but not like the Rabiz kings.

#11 kakachik77

kakachik77

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 737 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 02:34 PM

Rabiz is music for trashy Armenians.

#12 hayemyes

hayemyes

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 02:51 PM

QUOTE(Eurocentric @ Sep 12 2006, 02:16 PM)  

uhhh harout is as rabiz as tata or aram, im talkin about the moderate rabiz stuff, not the hardcore one man band stuff that comes out of armenia once in a while...its interesting cuz i was at this place among some older ppl, and there was a harout song that was being played, one from his newer albums, and this lady close to me said, wowwwwww i thought he was singing in turkish...funny enough, i had said the same thing in my head just a few seconds ago...for sure, one example like this isn't enought o categorize harout as rabiz, but for me he is, especially since he uses alot of voice modulation in his songs, also his music sounds turkish sometimes too, if you listen to that cd with the songs leran lanjin and sasun, you'll be surprised...also if u watch harout on request on horizon tv...and he has a few turkish translated songs, such as hye axchik im annman...

and yes, it is funny that you would classify 90% of armenians in a masochist category...i just find it ridiculous that ppl give qualities or describe individuals based on their musical taste...that's kind of primitive...i mean if i'm a well-trained doctor, let's say, or lawyer, am loved by alot of ppl in the community, i try to help everyone (i'm using an extreme example of course), but i listen to rabiz music, that means i'm a trashy person? and don't tell me that a doctor or lawyer won't listen to such music, i have seen otherwise...it's liek saying all metal listeners are satanists...

#13 Hayuhi16

Hayuhi16

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 06:11 PM

QUOTE(kakachik77 @ Sep 12 2006, 03:34 PM)  
Rabiz is music for trashy Armenians.

I agree only with you Hayemyes that you can't judge people on their taste of music. Rabiz is not for trashy Armenians, it's a kind of music that most of Armenians like to listen. I am sure many of people who hate Rabiz people and music, like u guys are here in Hyeforum are people who are crazy about Armenchik and Tata but you dont realize that they are rabiz too. You think if they dont sing mughams, and they sing soft rabiz they are not rabiz? then you are totally wrong. I dont know how u guys are thinking but i am sure you are wrong.

#14 annannimusss

annannimusss

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 07:33 PM

Rabiz to me as music is cool,but when people start to speak it to me it pisses me off.I mean that Jargon crap where they talk hella slang and start mixing in too much Russian,it is just to much.How do they expect me to understand them they are not pronouncing words and it is especially bad when another Hayastanci can not even understand them.

Edited by SakoPasha, 12 September 2006 - 07:35 PM.

#15 Eurocentric

Eurocentric

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 07:40 PM

Sure Harout has some rabizoid songs but overall his music, especially the early stuff is not rabiz.
Anyone that listens to turkish (call it oriental or islamic if you will, as it's syncretic music) albeit with Armenian lyrics and then bashes turks after his done listening to armenchik or boka (I don't differentiate between soft rabiz or whatever styles, or if its sang in Russian, azeri or Armenian) a masochist and a hypocrite.

I'm not just talking about mugham or the "shakhov" shit. That's the really sad cases when these so called Armenian artists steal azeri songs and lyrics verbatim...
tata, armenchik, aloyan, asatryan...all the same garbage.
Then there's stuff like boka, that's just as equally ***ed..
"так вот и живем теперь родная мама джян, вот какая доля воровская"
Christ almighty!

I wouldn't call them trashy (well the overwhelming majority are), it's just they don't know better. The same people are usually stunned when someone says "zibil" (or insert another commonly used word) is not Armenian.

Most people including myself use turkish words (especially obscenities) once in a while, but we know it and try not to. One needs to accept that there is a problem in order to get rid of it. You don't seem to think there is a problem.

Not the biggest fan of Hetq, but they wrote a pretty good article on rabiz recently: http://www.hetq.am/e...0603-rabiz.html

#16 Eurocentric

Eurocentric

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 07:43 PM

QUOTE(Sako***** @ Sep 12 2006, 07:33 PM)  
Rabiz to me as music is cool,but when people start to speak it to me it pisses me off.I mean that Jargon crap where they talk hella slang and start mixing in too much Russian,it is just to much.How do they expect me to understand them they are not pronouncing words and it is especially bad when another Hayastanci can not even understand them.

As if you speak Armenian without using a different kind of slang (equally disgusting). rolleyes.gif
How often do you say "yalla", lan", "agas", "ahlen" etc.

#17 hayemyes

hayemyes

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 08:23 PM

QUOTE(Eurocentric @ Sep 12 2006, 09:40 PM)  
Sure Harout has some rabizoid songs but overall his music, especially the early stuff is not rabiz.
Anyone that listens to turkish (call it oriental or islamic if you will, as it's syncretic music) albeit with Armenian lyrics and then bashes turks after his done listening to armenchik or boka (I don't differentiate between soft rabiz or whatever styles, or if its sang in Russian, azeri or Armenian) a masochist and a hypocrite.

I'm not just talking about mugham or the "shakhov" shit. That's the really sad cases when these so called Armenian artists steal azeri songs and lyrics verbatim...
tata, armenchik, aloyan, asatryan...all the same garbage.
Then there's stuff like boka, that's just as equally ***ed..
"так вот и живем теперь родная мама джян, вот какая доля воровская"
Christ almighty!

I wouldn't call them trashy (well the overwhelming majority are), it's just they don't know better. The same people are usually stunned when someone says "zibil" (or insert another commonly used word) is not Armenian.

Most people including myself use turkish words (especially obscenities) once in a while, but we know it and try not to. One needs to accept that there is a problem in order to get rid of it. You don't seem to think there is a problem.

Not the biggest fan of Hetq, but they wrote a pretty good article on rabiz recently: http://www.hetq.am/e...0603-rabiz.html

how would u explain that u consider some of harout's stuff rabiz when u say that u don't differentiate between soft and hardcore rabiz? and some of them do know better, aloyan is a qualified opera singer, its just that the law of supply and demand requires him to sing in another style...i say as long as we appreciate and accept western or russian influence in our music, then we should be accepting the turkish or middle eastern influence, or else THEN we would be hypocrites...

#18 Eurocentric

Eurocentric

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 09:05 PM

QUOTE(hayemyes @ Sep 12 2006, 08:23 PM)  
how would u explain that u consider some of harout's stuff rabiz when u say that u don't differentiate between soft and hardcore rabiz? and some of them do know better, aloyan is a qualified opera singer, its just that the law of supply and demand requires him to sing in another style...i say as long as we appreciate and accept western or russian influence in our music, then we should be accepting the turkish or middle eastern influence, or else THEN we would be hypocrites...

See this is where we can't continue this discussion anymore. You see, as far as i'm concerned we are Western!

Btw, why wont Aloyan start rapping? Join "Hay Tghek" maybe? Demand is high for that shit as well you know.

#19 Hayuhi16

Hayuhi16

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 10:51 PM

[quote name='Eurocentric' date='Sep 12 2006, 10:05 PM' post='178261']
See this is where we can't continue this discussion anymore. You see, as far as i'm concerned we are Western!

Btw, why wont Aloyan start rapping? Join "Hay Tghek" maybe? Demand is high for that shit as well you know.
[/quot

Aloyan is a GREAT singer and yeah, if he wants, he can join to "Hay Tghek", it's in his hands and no one can stop him. I think cuz Rabiz singers are so popular that's why you guys are this excited about them. If rabiz is not good then why do other singers start singing Rabiz like Sirusho?, the gay Hayko (romantic) ro i dunno that Arsen Grigoryan? how come they sing rabiz? i know the answer its cuz its a COOL style of music and MOST of Armenians love it. biggrin.gif Keep going Hayemyes jan. lol

#20 Harut

Harut

Վերնագիր

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,734 posts
  • Interests:uninterested...

Posted 13 September 2006 - 08:53 AM

QUOTE(Hayuhi16 @ Sep 12 2006, 05:11 PM)  
I agree only with you Hayemyes that you can't judge people on their taste of music. Rabiz is not for trashy Armenians, it's a kind of music that most of Armenians like to listen. I am sure many of people who hate Rabiz people and music, like u guys are here in Hyeforum are people who are crazy about Armenchik and Tata but you dont realize that they are rabiz too. You think if they dont sing mughams, and they sing soft rabiz they are not rabiz? then you are totally wrong.

most armenians are trashy... tongue.gif

I dont know how u guys are thinking but i am sure you are wrong.

lol... it's as good as this one... http://hyeforum.com/...t...st&p=177426

btw, sorry for giving you a hard time... but...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users