HELP !!!!!!!!!

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 12 June 2000 - 01:01 AM

I AM NOT ABLE TO STUDY FOR MY FINAL EXAMS !!!!!!! IS THERE SOMETHING WRONG WITH THE SOLAR SYSTEM?

I keep on remembering the famous Armenian saying. "Esh@ kerav, pochits xrovets." How true, how true...

Sulamik

#2 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 13 June 2000 - 11:44 PM

lol..

join the club..i'm never able to study for finals..lol

i plan to do graduate work in psychology and i've already self diagnosed myself (true to the "medical student syndrome" tendency to diagnose themselves with everything in the book) with the adult form of attention deficit disorder..lol

in any case, don't feel too bad...we're all in the same boat, i think

)..gayane

#3 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 13 June 2000 - 03:21 PM

Well, I totally can hear you! I find it helpful to break up study sessions into small pieces rather than attempting to study two, three hours straight. Also, try going to a chapel or Catholic church(Which are open all hours to the public) and take your reading. I find it to be quiet, a place to reflect, and it is not sacrilegious to do so, God enlightens us and created our brains, he is honored if we study with him. I don't me haul your backpack, laptop etc inside the church, but take a few note cards, a reading you need to do and read and reflect, God will help you!

#4 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 14 June 2000 - 11:04 AM

Thanx for the support guys. Two down, one to go... Whoooo hoooooo !!!!!!

Sulamita

#5 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 16 June 2000 - 08:00 PM

YES !!!!!!!

I am officially a college graduate now. No more exams !!!!!! Life is sweet

Sulamik

[This message has been edited by Sulamita (edited June 16, 2000).]

#6 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 17 June 2000 - 07:37 AM

Shunorhavor! Tabrik! Congratulations! I know how great a feeling graduation from college can be. Make sure you treat yourself to something.

#7 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 17 June 2000 - 08:21 AM

I don't know what kind of religious person you are to go to church and revise your lessons. Do they allow you to do that??? This idea is crazy.
Go to church and pray it will help you spiritually to take your exams and prepare for it so you feel confident. But taking your notes to the church is disrespectful to your religion.

#8 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 17 June 2000 - 07:39 PM

Artur, you need to get away from the legalism of the Pharisees. St. Teresa of Avila and St Thomas Aquinas used to study in the chapel! Aquinas did not just ponder religious themes, but also science and philosophy. I did not tell Sulamita to take the whole kit and caboodle of laptop, backpack and textbooks, I was only suggesting for her to meditate while studying! Actually I don't have a "religion" I have a personal relationship with God through Jesus Christ, religion is man-made with legalism, rules and little love. Why not congratulate Sulamita on her passing her exams instead of coming to criticize?

#9 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 18 June 2000 - 11:58 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Artur:
I don't know what kind of religious person you are to go to church and revise your lessons. Do they allow you to do that??? This idea is crazy.
Go to church and pray it will help you spiritually to take your exams and prepare for it so you feel confident. But taking your notes to the church is disrespectful to your religion.

Artur jan,
The only thing to do in the church that is not disrespectful to religion (surely along with praying) is to STUDY!!!. Don't you know that in middle ages all Armenian schools, academies, scientific centers etc. were situated near and even inside our churches. Gladzor Monastery, Haghpat and Sanahin Monasteries, Tatev Monastery and many others were gathering all the advanced youth of that time to create the elite of our nation. Our Alphabet was invented in a church by a monk. Anania Shirakaci (actually also from Gumry like you) proposed that the Earth is round many centuries before Galiley and Kopernicus, all his researches were done in Monastry. Studying is the closest thing to the God. Well, I don't meen to install nuclear lab inside a church...
Presently a magnificant chapel is being constructed in the center of Yerevan, St. Gregories chapel (Surb Griqor). It's being constructed from white tuff. It's really huge and will become the tallest building in the center of the city. The underground floor will be a Library!!!

Sulamita shnorhavor!

#10 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 18 June 2000 - 12:14 AM

Thank you for all the kind words. Shnorhakal em !!!

Sulamik

#11 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 19 June 2000 - 02:18 AM

Berj, take it easy, man... I just did not think about it, but you are right... The first thing came to my mind is that the idea about studying in church is crazy, but you are totally right that kids used to study in churches... etc.

Take it easy, you don't need to react like this ...

AA

[This message has been edited by Artur (edited June 19, 2000).]

#12 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 19 June 2000 - 02:23 AM

To be honest, Sulamita, I have the same problems... I can't concentrate on my work, even though it is 1 week left till I go home... But if I think about failing... that scares me ... The whole idea about returning to England to retake my exams during the summer holidays if I fail makes me study: )) So you might find something similar

Wish you the best! Good luck and God bless you with your exams
AA

#13 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 19 June 2000 - 03:50 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Artur:
[B]Berj, take it easy, man... I just did not think about it, but you are right... The first thing came to my mind is that the idea about studying in church is crazy, but you are totally right that kids used to study in churches... etc.

Take it easy, you don't need to react like this ...

Dzo Artur,
Ap jan inch react-mreact, ban e gkhosanq ge or. Chdnes ap jan, tngats pahe. Mernem ed Leynagatsi janid.
Es Inderned el mi kom gca or qnnutyune lav tas ap jan.
Gumrva chshtic den@ chisht chga.

P.s. Sulamik jan, ashkis topiki hern anitsvum a, bayc sagh topiknerum nuyn vichakn a tirum. Kneres.

#14 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 19 June 2000 - 03:56 AM

Harts chka!

#15 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 26 June 2000 - 10:40 AM

Hi people, I have always followed this board but never wanted to post anything. Well there is first time to everythin. Your heated debates are fun to read. Mi bur azg enk bayts amen meks uzuma president lini. Sulamik congratulations on your graduation. Is it UCLA or USC? Anybode from USC here. That's my alma mater.

#16 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 27 June 2000 - 10:59 PM

quote:
Originally posted by alpha:
Sulamik congratulations on your graduation. Is it UCLA or USC? Anybode from USC here. That's my alma mater.

UCLA of course

#17 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 28 June 2000 - 12:44 AM

quote:
Your heated debates are fun to read. Mi bur azg enk bayts amen meks uzuma president lini.

Judging form your name you are also fond of being FIRST!. Change it to Betta or Gamma then we'll talk.

Regards

#18 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 28 June 2000 - 05:02 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Berj:
Judging form your name you are also fond of being FIRST!. Change it to Betta or Gamma then we'll talk.

Regards

Gee thanks for the welcome. I always strive to be the best and the first. That's why it's alpha not omega.

#19 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 29 June 2000 - 01:47 AM

quote:
Gee thanks for the welcome. I always strive to be the best and the first. That's why it's alpha not omega.

To be alpha or omega is the same thing. Remember what Jesus said:"I am your alpha and omega". It's the same like being the best or the worst, good or bad. If not for the bad things, we would never have found out what the good things are. So lets change your name to Alphega or Ompha.

What do you think?

P.S. Sulamik congratulations on your graduation!

#20 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 29 June 2000 - 06:34 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Berj:

P.S. Sulamik congratulations on your graduation!

Thank you Berj

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users