Darling, darling, shweetie, mwwahh!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 05 November 2000 - 05:36 PM

Any one here like Absolutley Fabulous? With Jennifer Saunders and Joanna Lumley.

#2 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 05 November 2000 - 07:23 PM

I like it, but I seldom see it. The Pet Shop Boys had a great single based on AbFab. It had soundbytes running through it and everything.

I like Jennifer Saunders alot. She was part of a show called The Comic Strip Presents (I think). A couple of the Young Ones were on that, too. Now, The Young Ones RULED! That and Python were very popular amongst my college friends.

[This message has been edited by Pilafhead (edited November 05, 2000).]

#3 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 06 November 2000 - 12:38 PM

Pilaf head, STOP! You obsession with eighties english bands will finally drive you MAD But it's good to have some one to talk to about them

Comic Strip? It's hilarious. Did you see the one where Rik Mayall and Jennifer Saunders and Dawn French were Five have spiffing adventures (Enid Blyton) funny! The young ones!!! I used to love that! With Neil the hippie and Vyyvyan the scyhopath

#4 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 06 November 2000 - 09:48 AM

What's "spiffing adventures"? Is that the one where they are these preppy posh snobs?

I don't think there were very many Comic Strips. I have a few on tape. I think there were only 6 or something like that.

This probably wont surprise you but I even have Comic Strip and Young Ones related records (BAD NEWS and NEIL'S HEAVY CONCEPT ALBUM).

I am obsessed with England in general. Especially music from the early 60's to modern day. My favorite bands of all time are The Beatles and The Sex Pistols. And I love British humor, too. At around age 10 or 11 I used to argue with my uncle to watch Monty Python--he hated it. Oh, and Clockwork Orange is one of my favorote movies and on and on and on...

#5 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 06 November 2000 - 01:34 PM

Pilafhead!

You know! The comic strip where they were Famous Five with Timmy the Dog and then the bad little boy ran off with Uncle Quentin. In real life Enid Blyton was a sad case, a real stupid cow.

Also: recently Rik Mayall had a motorbike accident. Hear about that? He's recovering now and apperaing in a few small things, like guest appearances. Him and Ade Edmonson have stopped filming bottom for now.

Did you know Ade Edmonson and Jennifer Saunders are married with three beautiful kids? Dawn French is married to Lenny Henry.

As for the young ones record christams special, with Cliff Richard, me and my cousin giggled our little socks off all the way through.

Monty Python. In those days, that was the height of RUDENESS!! (followed by five year old giggles in the playground) so it broke a few barriers then , and like you say, your uncle did'nt want you watching it.

What, may you ask, has all this got to possibly do with Armenia and Armenians? Well, I have uncovered a report that they are ALL hye and no-one knew it!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users