#22 Sasun

Sasun

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,533 posts
  • Interests:Art, Yoga, Spirituality

Posted 15 January 2004 - 01:02 PM

Edo, I have had my eye on it last few days, I wish I had bought it then smile.gif Maybe I will buy soon rather than later. Too bad I didn't listen to my friend when it was less than a dollar, then less than 2 dollars, then less than 3 dollars. So many missed opportunities sad.gif

#23 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,192 posts

Posted 15 January 2004 - 01:08 PM

Change -13.10 -3.11%

#24 ED

ED

Քեռի

• Nobility
  • 5,960 posts
  • Interests:Music, traveling, Salvador Dali, Tolstoy, Sevak, Charents
    wine, sushi and lots lots more

Posted 20 January 2004 - 02:29 PM

Stocks to watch Tuesday

January 17, 2004 03:27:00 (ET)

German-based memory-chip maker Infineon (IFX, Trade) leads off the week's reports on Monday. Tuesday brings reports from AMD (AMD, Trade) and Motorola (MOT, Trade). General Motors (GM, Trade) is also in the loop Tuesday, followed by auto rival Ford (F, Trade) on Thursday. In telecom, equipment maker Lucent (LU, Trade) phones it in Wednesday, followed by ex-parent AT&T (T, Trade) and a cousin, BellSouth (BLS, Trade), both on Thursday. Other big companies reporting Tuesday include Citigroup (C, Trade), United Technologies (UTX, Trade), Johnson & Johnson (JNJ, Trade) and 3M (MMM, Trade).

Atrix Laboratories (ATRX, Trade), which makes drug delivery systems, said late Friday that it filed to sell up to $150 million in stock or debt securities.

BioDelivery Sciences International (BDSI, Trade), which develops biotechnology medical products, said late Friday that after discussions with the Securities and Exchange Commission, it is changing how it distributes about 3.5 million Class B shares of its subsidiary Boral Nutrient Delivery, which conducts biotech research on food and personal care products. Instead of a "spinoff," the shares will be distributed as a registered offering.

Cellegy Pharmaceuticals (CLGY, Trade), a biotech drugmaker, said late Friday that it lined up $15 million in financing from Kingsbridge Capital Limited. Kingsbridge will purchase up to 3.74 million shares at prices that are 8 to 12 percent below the market price when exercised, with the larger discount applying to higher stock prices. Sales of the stock will be at Cellegy's discretion once the shares are registered. Kingsbridge also received warrants for 260,000 shares with an exercise price of $5.27 a share.

Cytrx (CYTR, Trade), a biotech drug developer, said late Friday that it will stop financing genomic research companies to focus on larger potential therapies. Most affected will be Blizzard Genomics and Psynomics, in which Cytrx holds stakes via its GGC Pharmaceuticals subsidiary. Cytrx said its investment and losses from Blizzard totaled about 3 cents a share for the first nine months of 2003 and will not recur in its 2004 first quarter.

Elmer's Restaurants (ELMS, Trade), a West Coast chain, said late Friday that it bought back 204,205 shares, about 10 percent of shares outstanding, at $6.43 apiece. Total cost was about $1.3 million. Shares closed Friday at $6.40.

First National Bankshares (FLB, Trade), a Florida-based financial services company reported fourth-quarter net income late Friday of 9 cents a share and 68 cents for full-year 2003. Its outlook for 2004 is a range of 20 to 22 cents in the first quarter and 92 cents to 96 cents for the full year. Analysts reporting to Thomson One Analytics expect 96 cents for the year, on average.

First Niagara Financial Group (FNFG, Trade), a financial services company centered in northern New York state, said late Friday that it completed the purchase of Troy Financial for about $353 million, with $35.50 a share in compensation for Troy stockholders. First Niagara said the total payment was 57 percent stock, totaling 13.3 million common shares, and 43 percent cash, or $151.9 million.

Halliburton (HAL, Trade), the oil services company already under scrutiny for an oil-supply contract in Iraq, won a contract worth up to $1.2 billion late Friday for its Kellogg, Brown & Root subsidiary to help rebuild oil fields in southern Iraq. The Army Corps of Engineers said the competitively bid contract replaces a no-bid

Healthe Tech (HETCD, Trade), which sells medical monitoring devices and software, said late Friday that Steve Webb resigned as chief financial officer and was replaced on an interim basis by Sandy MacPherson, the president and chief operating officer. The company said a recent downsizing led Webb and Chairman James Dennis to conclude that the company "did not require a financial officer of Steve's caliber and experience."

Hollinger International (HLR, Trade), the international publisher whose top executive recently stepped down, said it consented to a Securities and Exchange Commission order to preserve assets in case there's a change in control.

Manpower (MAN, Trade), which provides temporary workers for clients, said late Friday that its purchase of Right Management Consultants (RHT, Trade) will exchange 0.3874 of a Manpower share for each Right share when the merger is effective Wednesday. The exchange rate was calculated by dividing the 10-day average Manpower price into the Right share price's 10-day average.

Novartis (NVS, Trade), the Switzerland-based medical products maker, said late Friday that a New Jersey jury decided an over-the-counter decongestant was not to blame for a plaintiff's stroke suffered in 1998. Novartis said the case was the first to test liability for phenylpropanolamine, known as PPA. Products containing PPA were taken off the market in November 2000 after a request from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration.

Solutia (SOLUQ, Trade), a chemical company that was spun off from the former Monsanto, said late Friday that a bankruptcy court gave final approval to $525 million of debtor-in-possession financing from Citicorp (C, Trade).

United Rentals (URI, Trade), which leases industrial equipment, said late Friday that it will be restructuring more than $2 billion of its debt soon to cut its debt costs and extend maturities.

Whole Foods Market (WFMI, Trade), a chain of organic food stores, said late Friday that it is expanding to the U.K. as it agreed to buy Fresh & Wild Holdings for $38 million in stock. Whole Food said it does not expect an effect on its full-year 2004 earnings estimate of $1.88 to $1.96 a share. The purchase is expected to close by the end of February. Fresh & Wild owns six markets in London.

#25 ED

ED

Քեռի

• Nobility
  • 5,960 posts

Posted 20 January 2004 - 02:31 PM

Related Quotes
Sym. Price Chg.
LU Trade
News 4.75 0.14
RESEARCH ALERT-Wachovia ups Lucent rating

January 20, 2004 12:00:26 (ET)

NEW YORK, Jan 20 (Reuters) - Wachovia Securities said on Tuesday it raised its rating on Lucent Technologies Inc. (LU,Trade) to "outperform" from "underperform".

#26 ED

ED

Քեռի

• Nobility
  • 5,960 posts

Posted 01 March 2004 - 12:09 AM

Yesterday I opened my water and power bill and it was over $400 for 2 mounts, in winter, and barely watering out lawn, hardly home, with rains pouring, over $400??

For those in California know what I'm talking about, prices for power soared, quadrupled and there is no relive in site, or is it? Good old coal is making a huge comeback, with world’s oil supplies shrinking and natural gas prices keep going up coal is the future I was think, and I was not mistaking, since 30 to 40% of our energy source is coming from fossil deposits coal is the most cheep to mine and its much cleaner then oil.

and not a bad idea to get into coal stocks, do a little homework and convince your self as tomorrow morning I'll be buying some coal stocks!

and you can find some input regarding this here

Edited by Edward, 01 March 2004 - 12:10 AM.

#27 Sasun

Sasun

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,533 posts

Posted 15 April 2004 - 09:47 AM

Lucent was a modestly good buy and sell for me. Any more suggestions? biggrin.gif

#28 Azat

Azat

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,969 posts
  • Interests:wine, beer, food, art, jokes

Posted 15 April 2004 - 10:05 AM

Sasun jan, while you and I were playing with Lucent, here was the stock to buy

http://moneycentral....asp?Symbol=tasr

#29 Sasun

Sasun

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,533 posts

Posted 15 April 2004 - 10:19 AM

QUOTE (Azat @ Apr 15 2004, 12:05 PM)

Oh my... why weren't we told before sad.gif smile.gif

#30 Boghos

Boghos

-= Mr Nobility =-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts
  • Interests:literature, cinema, chess, history

Posted 15 April 2004 - 02:20 PM

Yes, and RIMM, MACE, MAMA...but I would be extremely careful, this is the second bubble in "story" stocks...if history is a good guide you´ll eventually be in for a nasty surprise.

#31 Sip

Sip

Buffet Connoisseur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,366 posts

Posted 15 April 2004 - 04:55 PM

QUOTE (Azat @ Apr 15 2004, 10:05 AM)

ohmy.gif cool.gif And to think ... $1000 last year could have been $100,000 this year!!!! that's a lotta buffets blink.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users