• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,682 posts

Posted 07 August 2019 - 10:57 AM

Panorama, Armenia
Aug 6 2019

f5d498eda8e5ec_5d498eda8e62b.thumb.jpg
Culture 18:30 06/08/2019 Armenia
Istanbul-Armenian singer says it’s hard to preserve Armenian culture in a foreign country

Istanbul-Armenian singer Maral Ayvaz, who released her first album “Maral Gibi” and her first music video, “Kuşagi Yerki” (The Song of the Fortune Teller) in June, is set to arrive in Armenia in the near future to present the album to her Armenian fans.

In an interview to Panorama.am, the singer said several meetings are planned in Armenia, but she is most excited about the meeting with poet Suren Muradyan, who has written the lyrics of ‘The Song of the Fortune Teller’.

“I will be giving concerts and other performances in the homeland. My biggest dream is to be in my homeland soon and to communicate with people,” Maral said.

The singer’s first album features eight traditional and modern Armenian songs with new arrangements. The album also stands out with its harmonious alignment of the modern and traditional Armenian musical instruments.

Maral says the music director of the album is Istanbul-Armenian musician Ari Hergel, who arranged seven songs of the album. One of the most noteworthy songs of “Maral Gibi” is “Anverç Khavar” (Eternal Darkness). The singer has written Armenian lyrics to the song “Picture/Ağladıkça” by renowned musician Ara Dinkjian.

Asked whether she performs Armenian songs in Istanbul frequently and whether she faces any difficulties while performing those songs, Maral replied: “We have numerous colleges, churches, unions and choirs in Istanbul. We have many performances throughout the year, including concerts of Armenian music.”

The singer says she has started her music career at a very young age by attending the Lusavorich Choir, an Armenian church choir, which has performed numerous concerts in Yerevan. “So, yes, I sing Armenian songs very often. I am planning to perform various solo performances to present my album,” Maral says.

Meanwhile, the singer confesses it’s not easy to perform Armenian music in Turkey, but it is also the case with other countries with unique local languages.

“It’s quite difficult to preserve the Armenian culture and traditions and speak and create in Armenian in a foreign country. I and people like me have chosen this difficult path, striving to always hold fast to our national values and to present them to people as much as we can,” she stressed.

Speaking about the upcoming projects, Maral said in winter months she is due to take part in various community development concerts, as well as in a private concert of the Lusavorich Choir marking the 90th anniversary of the choir. Subsequently, she is going to hold two concerts in Istanbul.

The singer also unveiled her plans to make another music video based on one of the songs included in the album and a dream to shoot the music video of one of her songs in Armenia. “As I already said, I am dreaming of performing in my homeland. With the help of God, I shall do that,” she said.

Commenting on her Armenian roots, Maral said her ancestors were from Constantinople and Sebastia, adding her paternal grandfather was the founder of Istanbul-based Kulis theater magazine, theater worker Hagop Ayvaz.

“It’s a great honor to have patriotic parents who love culture. We would speak Armenian, would listen to and sing Armenian songs in my childhood home. So, I first heard and learned our wonderful language in my family. Now I continue preserving those traditions in my own little family,” she said.

67840224_533086307452981_738103012142507

67751072_2483043371741961_35705349345504

https://www.panorama...-singer/2150221

#2 onjig

onjig

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts
  • Location:Ranch in Sierra Nevada Mountains, California, Ranch in Nevada
  • Interests:Family, Armenia, Armenians,skiing, crop, too much to list.

Posted 08 August 2019 - 07:27 PM

Well, She looks like us ~ 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALMbmhq9z2k

Edited by Yervant1, 09 August 2019 - 08:32 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users