Height

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#1 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 07 November 2000 - 07:19 AM

I am sorry but i just had to open this topic.
I would like to know if anyone here knows the average height for an armenian male so i know where i stand. Does anyone think that height is a sensitive issue in our society?

#2 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 07 November 2000 - 09:34 AM

Just when we thought we had figured out every way to divide ourselves...

Don't worry about. I'd say you're the tallest Alex around here. Oh, and the smallest Alex around here, too

#3 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 07 November 2000 - 10:24 AM

Ur right

#4 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 07 November 2000 - 10:43 AM

Yes, you are both right. It doesn't matter an inch (excuse the pun)

But I still like to know? Are we short or tall or both? My uncle's a great long string bean and my aunt and dad are short.

By the way, open collars and silk shirts? Still popular?

#5 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 07 November 2000 - 10:47 AM

I think we are average right? im 5'11 but i just wanted to know where that ranks
i think silk shirts are still in style kazza
oh by the way do girls in here prefer taller guys??
just a thought

#6 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 07 November 2000 - 11:27 AM

Alex, I maybe beat you by a half-inch or inch on a good day, but otherwise I'm right there with ya. For some reason, I think Armenian men are short. But my cousins and uncles are all my height or taller. One of my great-grandfathers was 6'7" so maybe that's where it comes from.

In terms of women, a man who is 5' 11" is A-OK. I once dated a girl that was my height--that was COOL.

[This message has been edited by Pilafhead (edited November 07, 2000).]

#7 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 07 November 2000 - 06:40 PM

Alex, I am 5'10''. It is about the average height of the armenian male.

#8 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 07 November 2000 - 08:56 PM

Height matters SOMETIMES, gentlemen, not always. Besides, I think Armenian women are used to resigning themselves to marrying a man who doesn't look all that great anyway (bald heads and pot bellies, anyone?...lol)

But seriously, if I were considering talking to/dating/marrying/whatever a man, height would be one of the last issues I'd consider. How it all fits together is more important in terms of looks, I'd say (that's having dated guys 6'4" and 5'4" and in between...lol... don't ask)

Above all, confidence in a man is absolutely mesmerizing!!

#9 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 07 November 2000 - 09:29 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Gayane:

How do you know if you're confident?

(that's a joke--in case it didn't translate well to text)

#10 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 07 November 2000 - 09:40 PM

Lol, good one, Mike...very original..

BTW, we're posting at almost the same time tonight ...it's kinda weird actually, it's like I can almost feel your energy...

okkkk, a little too supernatural for this forum, I suppose, so I think I'll shut up now...lol

#11 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 07 November 2000 - 11:13 PM

It's not too difficult to be on here the same time as me-CONSIDERING I'M AROUND HERE OFF AND ON ABOUT 10-15 HOURS A DAY! UGH! I need help. Gayane develop your practice fast. Can you prescribe drugs? Do I need Prozac or Valium? Kava Kava or St. John's Wort? Electro Shock? Open that DSM-III and help me. Organize an "intervention", please do something!

Betty Fordyan here I come...

#12 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 08 November 2000 - 06:50 AM

quote:

MMMHHMM Preach on sista!

Also, I think it is how the person IS to me, I do not have any particular types/categories I want a person to fit into.

#13 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 08 November 2000 - 08:27 AM

id say that on the confidence issue im not too good on can someone define confidence?

#14 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 08 November 2000 - 09:19 AM

Vay, Mike...lol

It's now DSM-IV (what can I say, psychologists like to revise things just cuz they have nothing better to do...lol, joke) LOL, Mike, sorry to disappoint you, you don't have any identifiable disorder out of the DSM...lol...I know the symptoms of every single one, mostly because (just like the med students) I've tried convincing myself I have a disorder or two at different points in time...lol...no luck so far though...lol... and hey, if I'm normal, think how normal you must be...lol

Oh, and it's Betty Friedan, if I'm not mistaken. I wrote a paper on her back on high school, not a very exciting woman, and ugly too!!! astvats im!

Alex, re: confidence in a man...my definition

It's in the way they walk (I don't mean the gangster walk, I mean something entirely different), enter a room, greet people, summon the waiter at the restaurant, it's in their smile, their manner of speech, their manner of dress, it's in their treatment of a woman, in their ability to show emotion and still be a "man"...I could go on and on, but those are just the outward signs of it, not the core of being confident.

Psychologically speaking, it's all in your head, however. If you think you're confident, you'll act confident (you can't fake it). It's a little like those girls who starve themselves trying to get into those size 4 dresses, thinking that if they could only lose that last pound and a half they would look great. I laugh at them, sometimes to their face...lol. Anyway, the point is, you have to KNOW you look great, you have to KNOW you're confident for you to look great and be confident.

How do you get there? Well, you could do what I do: be ****y and you'll come across as confident (joke, joke...lol). The best advice I have for you is the following: look around you, is there a man around you you absolutely admire and would love to be like (perhaps one that you know is confident or that people talk about as being confident)? Start emulating him, I don't think that's wrong or that it would detract from your individuality. Not at all, I think that's a perfectly good technique for getting ahead and developing the traits in yourself you find desirable.

This wound up being longer than I intended lol

Gayane

#15 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 08 November 2000 - 09:35 AM

quote:
Oh, and it's Betty Friedan, if I'm not mistaken.

No, I meant Betty Ford-yan, as in the Betty Ford Clinic for detox.

And what kind of comment is that about Betty Friedan? Shame on you!

#16 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 08 November 2000 - 04:14 PM

Im not sure what planet's Armenians some of you are talking about 5"10 is the average height of Armenian men? I don't think so. I have see very few Armenians, men or women that surpass 5"6. If they do, there is some Ruski or other odar in their family tree!

#17 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 08 November 2000 - 04:33 PM

ok let's check it out.
There's no odar in my family tree. I'm 5'11'.

#18 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 08 November 2000 - 04:35 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Half Breed:
Im not sure what planet's Armenians some of you are talking about 5"10 is the average height of Armenian men? I don't think so. I have see very few Armenians, men or women that surpass 5"6.

har har har

I THOUGHT so...

Anyway, the internet knows no height

#19 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 08 November 2000 - 04:42 PM

LOL, Kazza...

Anyway, after all's said and done, we like'em tall, right?...lol

#20 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 08 November 2000 - 04:44 PM

Go back farther Garo! Seriously though, can you honestly say 5"10 or 11 is an average height for Armenian men? Armenian men, not Icelandic!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users