#201 Takoush

Takoush

Veteran

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,025 posts

Posted 11 February 2007 - 12:07 PM

QUOTE(Harut @ Feb 11 2007, 05:15 AM) View Post

yes, of course... women are not after the money... it's just that sense of accomplitionment that drives them crazy... think about it... who doesn't like men with achievements? men who have sacrified so much to realize their dreams... who went agaist all the odds... who started from nothing and ended up have it all - the house, the cars, the boat, the diamonds... come on... it's not about the money... it's just that women can't help falling for men with carimsa... say for example, an accomplitioned lawyer... or men with great leadership skills, a successful ceo... you know what i mean... i don't have to go on...

Yeah I know what you mean; it's the charisma that goes with the brains and the accompishments and with it the money too. But some women and especially a great many Armenian women they want money a great deal and it's not very complementing and desirable to the particular men that they go after, as men want to be loved too and they want some pretty girl to go after his tush and for his dark eyes and not so much for his pocket.

Personally, I didn't pursue money, but feelings and love and for his smarts too. Money came afterwards; because I concentrated on him being a smart man as well and also the fact that he wasn't a lazy person, he worked with his smarts and later he became rich. wink.gif

Edited by Anahid Takouhi, 11 February 2007 - 12:09 PM.

#202 SanVal

SanVal

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 11 February 2007 - 05:16 PM

QUOTE(Harut @ Feb 11 2007, 02:15 AM) View Post

yes, of course... women are not after the money... it's just that sense of accomplitionment that drives them crazy... think about it... who doesn't like men with achievements? men who have sacrified so much to realize their dreams... who went agaist all the odds... who started from nothing and ended up have it all - the house, the cars, the boat, the diamonds... come on... it's not about the money... it's just that women can't help falling for men with carimsa... say for example, an accomplitioned lawyer... or men with great leadership skills, a successful ceo... you know what i mean... i don't have to go on...

I agree. I think most women are like that. My comment was about the majority. It's hard for me to understand, for example, how much emphasis they put on their engagement rings. If I were to get engaged, I wouldn't even want one.

As for me, I care about three things in a man: 1) good, decent, down to earth personality (that's the most important thing), 2) the quality of the conversation and how much I let my guard down with him, and 3) sex appeal. I care about money only to the extent it can buy him those three things.

#203 Ariane

Ariane

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 24 February 2007 - 07:53 AM

Hi e.one, I just come to read all the topic, very interresting, that's why I want to submit my point of view too, please.

_I think humans are not done to be single, cause we all need each other for living,

_Women are not always looking for men with a lot of money and men, for women with nice attributes, if they both have, GREAT !!! If not, they keep it in their minds like a phantasm,

_Doesn't matter who's the younger, the oldest, IMPORTANT IS THE LOVE WE SHARE. E.one looks for a good life, just have to work for, it starts now, don't wait....

_No need to be married to have good time, love, life, childrens (e.one knows how to do), but childrens need to be loved by both parents, even if they're separated ! Parents can and must still love, make grow up and educate their kids,

_FOR MEN AND WOMEN :

- having childrens after 40, sure it's possible, but not very good and right for the childrens. You won't have the same patience, the same strengh as if you are 25-30 when they born. Your babies won't stay baby, you'll be 55-60 when they'll be 15. You'll have to do a lot of effort for understand'em, cause there'll be a great difference between your teen-ager time and their. More it's very difficult for young children, teen-ager, to assume old parents. Childrens don't want to be different of them friends, look how they all wear the same clothes, listen the same music and, REMEMBER YOU !!!!!
- if u r parents at 6O, you'll push ur baby in the pram for a few years, but after he will push u in your chair !!!!!
- u won't see your descendance, you won't have this great pleasure, I'm definitly not an old woman, but I've seen and I've SHARED the joy and the happiness of my grandparents and GREATgranparents (i've had my great granmother till the age of 13), it's rare and it was so GREAT,

_ABOUT MEN AND WOMEN ROLES

-Men have to stay men, with their strengh ( listen to me men, women love it, SO !), keep their patriarch's place and spend love with their women and kids,
-Sure both have to work, cause 1st, it's so cool to work and bring money home, 2nd it couldn't be different in our today's society, if not, you have to live in the mountains without needs ( no more Internet, S***!!!),
-Women have to stay women with their sensibility and keep their mother's place, where all the family could find the warm it needs ( listen to me women, men love it, SO, too !),
-So, men or women, please never stop to be pleasant one to the other, it's the most important !

_When men or women are chasing married ones, it's may be cause :
_they're MASOCHIST,
_without RULES, EDUCATION,
_or simply not ARMENIANS....LOL, LOL, LOL

_You can be an happy person and a philosopher, when u get maturity by the experiences you' had,
You HAVE to be a philosopher for to BE a happy person....

_YES WOMEN LOVE DIAMOND, CAUSE IT'S SHINING LIKE YOU MEN !!!!!!!
For the size doesn't matter to us, Men , it's just the way u use it, which counts, Ah ! Ah ! Ah !
It MEANS, it could be a little diamond, but it'll enjoy us for EVER !!!!!

#204 Azat

Azat

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,969 posts
  • Interests:wine, beer, food, art, jokes

Posted 24 February 2007 - 09:49 AM

QUOTE(SanVal @ Feb 11 2007, 03:16 PM) View Post

I agree. I think most women are like that. My comment was about the majority. It's hard for me to understand, for example, how much emphasis they put on their engagement rings. If I were to get engaged, I wouldn't even want one.

As for me, I care about three things in a man: 1) good, decent, down to earth personality (that's the most important thing), 2) the quality of the conversation and how much I let my guard down with him, and 3) sex appeal. I care about money only to the extent it can buy him those three things.

>>1) good, decent, down to earth personality (that's the most important thing)
me

>>2) the quality of the conversation and how much I let my guard down with him, and
me

>>3) sex appeal. I care about money only to the extent it can buy him those three things.
and me

#205 Yervant1

Yervant1

The True North!

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,599 posts

Posted 24 February 2007 - 09:56 AM

QUOTE(Azat @ Feb 24 2007, 10:49 AM) View Post

>>1) good, decent, down to earth personality (that's the most important thing)
me

>>2) the quality of the conversation and how much I let my guard down with him, and
me

>>3) sex appeal. I care about money only to the extent it can buy him those three things.
and me

Azat will you stop pretanding to be ME. tongue.gif

#206 Azat

Azat

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,969 posts

Posted 24 February 2007 - 09:57 AM

QUOTE(Ariane @ Feb 24 2007, 05:53 AM) View Post

_FOR MEN AND WOMEN :

- having childrens after 40, sure it's possible, but not very good and right for the childrens. You won't have the same patience, the same strengh as if you are 25-30 when they born. Your babies won't stay baby, you'll be 55-60 when they'll be 15. You'll have to do a lot of effort for understand'em, cause there'll be a great difference between your teen-ager time and their. More it's very difficult for young children, teen-ager, to assume old parents. Childrens don't want to be different of them friends, look how they all wear the same clothes, listen the same music and, REMEMBER YOU !!!!!
- if u r parents at 6O, you'll push ur baby in the pram for a few years, but after he will push u in your chair !!!!!
- u won't see your descendance, you won't have this great pleasure, I'm definitly not an old woman, but I've seen and I've SHARED the joy and the happiness of my grandparents and GREATgranparents (i've had my great granmother till the age of 13), it's rare and it was so GREAT,

I am very happy for you... However I was raised by very mature parents who were 39 and 38 when I was born who had already accomplished many of their life's goals and had time to spend with me as I was growing up unlike many young parents who are working 50-60 hours a week while their child at home calls the nanny and or grandma mommy

#207 Azat

Azat

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,969 posts

Posted 24 February 2007 - 09:58 AM

QUOTE(Yervant1 @ Feb 24 2007, 07:56 AM) View Post

Azat will you stop pretanding to be ME. tongue.gif

Its hard not to want to be perfect Yervand jan biggrin.gif

#208 Yervant1

Yervant1

The True North!

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,599 posts

Posted 24 February 2007 - 10:01 AM

QUOTE(Azat @ Feb 24 2007, 10:58 AM) View Post

Its hard not to want to be perfect Yervand jan biggrin.gif

Oh I like that, please continue. biggrin.gif

#209 Ariane

Ariane

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 24 February 2007 - 11:27 AM

QUOTE(Azat @ Feb 24 2007, 04:57 PM) View Post

I am very happy for you... However I was raised by very mature parents who were 39 and 38 when I was born who had already accomplished many of their life's goals and had time to spend with me as I was growing up unlike many young parents who are working 50-60 hours a week while their child at home calls the nanny and or grandma mommy
I said over 40, I know wot i'm speaking about too, my parents were 36 and 38, and I'm their 1st child on 2, my granparents were there when my parents need of em, even if they were not working 50/60 hours a week and i've never called granma and granpa, mummy and daddy, I knew who they were !!!!!!
I was 12 when my mother was 50, it was old for me, even if my brother and I have received modern education, the relationships are more difficult. but my friend yhis is my point of view, and I accept yours

#210 Arpa

Arpa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,011 posts
  • Interests:Culture

Posted 24 February 2007 - 12:40 PM

QUOTE(Azat @ Feb 24 2007, 03:57 PM) View Post

Reminds me of the times when this prominent scientist from Yerevan would survey and look at us , beautiful young men admiringly, and say- Do, tgherq inchou chqeq amousnatsel ew yerekha berel?
And to our protestations - “Bayts ptofessor, menq takavin toun chunenq, oto chunenq, lvatsqi meqena chunenq.” He would say- Menq Yerevanoum amousananoum enq ‘chor getni qari vera”.
Reminds one the song _;
Es gisher, lusnyak gisher
------\
"Sirats, siratsin tayin chor getni qari vera".
Little he may have known that we, in the diaspora did not have the social network and security.
One may wish it were different. When we see 12-13-14-15-16 year olds in America are procreating and making babies who, to them are no different than “Barbie Dolls”.
Who will take care of them?
Long live WELFARE! That is best known for rearing more homeless parasites of society.
Hey Hagaraqaq, Americaqaq or whatwever qaq your name.
Where are you?
If we were to go by your own bi- confession, we would not only be pr-creating at the that aperture but also at that other adjacent one.

Edited by Arpa, 24 February 2007 - 05:20 PM.

#211 SanVal

SanVal

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 24 February 2007 - 04:58 PM

QUOTE(Azat @ Feb 24 2007, 07:57 AM) View Post

clap.gif Exactly. It's very important to have enough time to spend with the kids. Not only that, but it's important to have enough money when you have kids. I wouldn't even think of having kids before I could afford to make a very comfortable living while working 40 hrs/week, and would have no problem buying a house in a nice neighborhood not too far from the private school where my kids will be going, learning to speak at least four languages fluently and making good grades without experimenting with all kinds of crap.

Besides, when you're older and have accomplished a lot, what you say to your kids is more justified, since you can say, "look, those are the tenets by which I lived, and look at me...you have to do the same if you want to live this way."

My family has family friends who don't care that they're raising their kids on welfare or section 8. Ironically, these are not the type of Armenians who get criticized.

#212 Ariane

Ariane

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 24 February 2007 - 05:55 PM

QUOTE(SanVal @ Feb 24 2007, 11:58 PM) View Post

clap.gif Exactly. It's very important to have enough time to spend with the kids. Not only that, but it's important to have enough money when you have kids. I wouldn't even think of having kids before I could afford to make a very comfortable living while working 40 hrs/week, and would have no problem buying a house in a nice neighborhood not too far from the private school where my kids will be going, learning to speak at least four languages fluently and making good grades without experimenting with all kinds of crap.

Besides, when you're older and have accomplished a lot, what you say to your kids is more justified, since you can say, "look, those are the tenets by which I lived, and look at me...you have to do the same if you want to live this way."

My family has family friends who don't care that they're raising their kids on welfare or section 8. Ironically, these are not the type of Armenians who get criticized.
sure it's important to have enough money and time to spend with ur kids, with a nice house, with a garden, super schools etc, etc, etc... but,more of all, for to make grow up ur kids and make them become balanced, you just have to love em, they have to trust in u, to feel the security in your arms, near you. Then in the case u can't access to the super life u wait for, you won't have any kids ????????????? We never know how life turns. For my part I do not prefer to plan all my life, I've aims and I walk and I work for to obtain them on my way of life. I don't live in dreams, but I've dreams for living. My mother said to me " you do your life with ur hands ", that's my way of thinking,

#213 Sip

Sip

Buffet Connoisseur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,366 posts

Posted 24 February 2007 - 08:19 PM

I hate kids but I wouldn't mind having one of these cool.gif

#214 karapet

karapet

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 24 February 2007 - 08:56 PM

QUOTE(Ariane @ Feb 24 2007, 05:53 AM) View Post

_When men or women are chasing married ones, it's may be cause :
_they're MASOCHIST,
_without RULES, EDUCATION,
_or simply not ARMENIANS....LOL, LOL, LOL

_

karoxa amusnazaz mard@ urax chi ira knoj/ amusnu het.... ba inch ani tanjvi..??

#215 Yervant1

Yervant1

The True North!

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,599 posts

Posted 24 February 2007 - 09:14 PM

QUOTE(Sip @ Feb 24 2007, 09:19 PM) View Post

Here I give you two of them. cool.gif cool.gif and a bonus one cool.gif
Happy 7000th post, WOW band.gif

----
WOW! 7000? yiykes I need to get a life tongue.gif ... ps I am editing my reply into your post because I don't want to screw up the 7000. smile.gif --Sip

Edited by Sip, 24 February 2007 - 10:32 PM.

#216 ALMA

ALMA

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 23 May 2007 - 05:15 AM

QUOTE(gamavor @ Aug 11 2005, 12:51 AM) View Post
smile.gif

I will, if I find a lady who has the looks of Valeria Matsa, the attitude of Lady Di and the devotion of Mother Teresa.

Additional bonus points: Speaks fluently Armenian, cooks better than I do, plays chess, tennis and bridge, speaks at least 4 languages, has 10 000 Euro or $ in her bank account, has never been convicted in a felony, misdemeanor or other criminal charges. Never used drugs (even recreational). Have no health problems in her family. Can swim, likes rock, jazz and classical music - tolerates folk (authentic). Doesn't need advice as to what to wear, when to wear and how to wear it. Posses huge (almost unbearable amount of self-confidence). Is willing to have kids. Have no tattoos. Genuine lover who doesn't recognize boundaries when it comes to sex - that is with her husband of course! smile.gif

Wish me good luck! smile.gif

Hmmm are you not asking a bit too little? If it looks like Pampita and has all the above? Would you still be interested? Valeria Maza isn't great without make up on

#217 Anileve

Anileve

Epicure Maximus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,201 posts
  • Interests:Running around at dawn and poking innocent bystanders with pipe cleaners.

Posted 23 May 2007 - 11:22 AM

QUOTE(Sip @ Feb 24 2007, 10:19 PM) View Post

Which one, the man or the woman?

#218 Sip

Sip

Buffet Connoisseur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,366 posts

Posted 23 May 2007 - 12:03 PM

The cute little baby ... I call it Chuchunezumi wub.gif smoke.gif

#219 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,192 posts

Posted 23 May 2007 - 12:25 PM

Barov Mashes SIpJan

ari es shabat BigBear bartsrananq wink.gif Dzuk:) b@rnelu

#220 Em

Em

Em

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,371 posts

Posted 21 September 2007 - 01:17 PM

Seven year lease with option to buy?!?!?!?!? Lol. wink.gif tongue.gif

Glamorous politician wants law to allow 7-year itch
By Madeline Chambers
Fri Sep 21, 4:00 AM ET

BERLIN (Reuters) - Bavaria's most glamorous politician -- a flame-haired motorcyclist who helped bring down state premier Edmund Stoiber -- has shocked the Catholic state in Germany by suggesting marriage should last just 7 years.

Gabriele Pauli, who poses on her web site in motorcycle leathers, is standing for the leadership of Bavaria's Christian Social Union (CSU) -- sister party of Chancellor Angela Merkel's conservative Christian Democrats (CDU) -- in a vote next week.

She told reporters at the launch of her campaign manifesto on Wednesday she wanted marriage to expire after seven years and accused the CSU, which promotes traditional family values, of nurturing ideals of marriage which are wide of the mark.

"The basic approach is wrong ... many marriages last just because people believe they are safe," she told reporters. "My suggestion is that marriages expire after seven years."

After that time, couples should either agree to extend their marriage or it should be automatically dissolved, she said.

Fifty-year-old Pauli, twice divorced, is a maverick intent on shaking up her male-dominated and mainly Catholic party which has dominated Bavarian politics since World War Two.

"This is about bringing ideas into the CSU and starting a discussion," she told German television on Thursday after she had unleashed a wave of criticism from other politicians.

Former foe Stoiber said she did not belong in the CSU and European lawmaker Ingo Freidrich dismissed her views.

"She is diametrically contradicting our Christian, ethical values," Freidrich said.

Peter Ramsauer, head of the CSU in Germany's parliament, compared Pauli's ideas to "the dirt under your fingernails".

Pauli, who attracted attention earlier this year when she posed for a magazine wearing long black latex gloves, was at the centre of a snooping scandal which eventually led to Stoiber, Bavarian premier for 14 years, saying he would stand down early.

She said his office tried to obtain details about lovers and alcohol consumption to use against her.

The CSU will elect Stoiber's successor as party head at a conference next week. He will be replaced as state premier in early October.

Viewed as a party rebel, Pauli stands almost no chance of winning next week's vote. The contest has been fought mainly between Bavarian state economy minister Erwin Huber and German Consumer Minister Horst Seehofer.

The popularity of Seehofer, a 58-year-old married father of three, has suffered from the disclosure that he had been having an affair with a younger woman who recently had his baby.

Edited by Em124, 21 September 2007 - 02:01 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users