117 replies to this topic

#41 Sip

Sip

Buffet Connoisseur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,366 posts

Posted 17 November 2005 - 07:23 AM

COME on sSebB ... we all know what "swallowing the apple" is supposed to represent. The reason they got thrown out of eaden was because eve swallowed. If only she had spit, we'd be all fine now.

#42 aSoldier

aSoldier

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 18 November 2005 - 12:31 AM

QUOTE (Sip @ Nov 17 2005, 11:23 PM)
COME on sSebB ... we all know what "swallowing the apple" is supposed to represent. The reason they got thrown out of eaden was because eve swallowed. If only she had spit, we'd be all fine now.

Genesis 3:3

"but God did say, 'You must not eat fruit from the tree that is in the middle of the garden, and you must not touch it, or you will die.' "

So much for your "spitting the apple" theory...

Edited by sSebB, 18 November 2005 - 12:32 AM.

#43 Eloren

Eloren

Mysterious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, art, games, reading and Armenia

Posted 18 November 2005 - 08:44 AM

QUOTE (sSebB @ Nov 17 2005, 02:30 PM)
They were thrown out because satan tempted them and tricked them into thinking they can eat the apple and nothing would come about. That is a direct disobedience towards God, so I don't know what you mean by knowledge as a sin.

And yes, sex out of marriage is adultery...

Just to set the record straight, God did not create sin (sexual desire), satan did. Humans are sinners by nature (because of Adam+Eve) as a result.

That fruit represented knowledge. That is what I mean by "Knowledge is a sin".

And No, Sex out of marriage is not adultery..
Adultery: Voluntary sexual intercourse between a married person and a partner other than the lawful spouse.

Two people not married, loving each other and having sex is NOT adultery.. Adultery is cheating on you wife and THAT, yes, is punishable (by divorce usually).

And i'd rather say humans are curious by nature, not sinners. And because of the tons of things forbidden by the Church.. well.. of course we look like sinners! tongue.gif

#44 Sip

Sip

Buffet Connoisseur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,366 posts

Posted 18 November 2005 - 10:23 AM

QUOTE (Eloren @ Nov 18 2005, 08:44 AM)
And i'd rather say humans are curious by nature, not sinners. And because of the tons of things forbidden by the Church.. well.. of course we look like sinners! tongue.gif

I renounced my religion as soon as I found out too much food is a sin ... heck if hell is like a one big buffet, I'm THERE!!!!! Who needs the celery sticks and uncooked healthy stuff in Heaven when you got ETERNAL xhorovats in Hell? (the fire kindly provided by the devil).

Edit:

I also just reminded myself of this laugh.gif

Edited by Sip, 18 November 2005 - 10:25 AM.

#45 ED

ED

Քեռի

• Nobility
  • 5,960 posts
  • Interests:Music, traveling, Salvador Dali, Tolstoy, Sevak, Charents
    wine, sushi and lots lots more

Posted 18 November 2005 - 03:48 PM

I remember the night before my wedding night, my friends took me out, and got me drunk
next day I hardly could stand on my feet,
after the wedding we came home and sleeped like a baby,
next morning at 6am we had to fly to tahiti so i sleepet all the way 12 hours
becouse of the time zones i sleepet next day also, and a day after,sad.gif
belive it or not i arranged a small wedding just for 2 of us on the 4th day when i came around from the handover

#46 Takoush

Takoush

Veteran

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,025 posts

Posted 18 November 2005 - 04:35 PM

QUOTE (Edward @ Nov 18 2005, 04:48 PM)
I remember the night before my wedding night, my friends took me out, and got me drunk
next day I hardly could stand on my feet,
after the wedding we came home and sleeped like a baby,
next morning at 6am we had to fly to tahiti so i sleepet all the way 12 hours
becouse of the time zones i sleepet next day also, and a day after,sad.gif
belive it or not i arranged a small wedding just for 2 of us on the 4th day when i came around from the handover

Dear Ed:

At least you and your friends didn't do worse things. I heard some guys they reaaally go wild and very very naughty. I don't like that because it would be disrespect towards your spouse to be. But some guys they don't care. That wouldn't be good.

#47 aSoldier

aSoldier

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 18 November 2005 - 08:19 PM

QUOTE (Eloren @ Nov 19 2005, 12:44 AM)
That fruit represented knowledge. That is what I mean by "Knowledge is a sin".

And No, Sex out of marriage is not adultery..
Adultery: Voluntary sexual intercourse between a married person and a partner other than the lawful spouse.

Two people not married, loving each other and having sex is NOT adultery.. Adultery is cheating on you wife and THAT, yes, is punishable (by divorce usually).

As much as you'd like to justify pre-marital sex, It's not gonna work man. That's why there's unwanted pregnancy and STD around.

Do you think they'd exist if everyone followed God? You can't go against God and think you're gonna be fine. Many people regret having pre-marital sex with people they think they "love". You have to be wise, and not let your emotions decide your actions.

Matthew 26:41
#########
"Watch and pray so that you will not fall into temptation. The spirit is willing, but the body is weak."

The physical journey of waiting until you're married has purpose behind it, and is not just a tradition influenced on society by the church.

Adultery is no different than lust. They are both sinful. They both destroy lives.

Matthew 5:28
#########
"But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart."

So yes, sex out of marriage is adultery.

Edited by sSebB, 18 November 2005 - 08:22 PM.

#48 Anoushik

Anoushik

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,973 posts
  • Interests:Armenians, music, philosophy...

Posted 19 November 2005 - 02:24 AM

sSebB, your views regarding pre-marital sex are well taken. But why bring God into the picture? Why quote from the Bible?

#49 Eloren

Eloren

Mysterious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 19 November 2005 - 02:34 AM

QUOTE (sSebB @ Nov 19 2005, 06:19 AM)
As much as you'd like to justify pre-marital sex, It's not gonna work man. That's why there's unwanted pregnancy and STD around.

Do you think they'd exist if everyone followed God? You can't go against God and think you're gonna be fine. Many people regret having pre-marital sex with people they think they "love". You have to be wise, and not let your emotions decide your actions.

Matthew 26:41
#########
"Watch and pray so that you will not fall into temptation. The spirit is willing, but the body is weak."

The physical journey of waiting until you're married has purpose behind it, and is not just a tradition influenced on society by the church.

Adultery is no different than lust. They are both sinful. They both destroy lives.

Matthew 5:28
#########
"But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart."

No no, I still don't agree wink.gif

I am not trying to justify pre-marital sex. I am just trying to make you understand that adultery has NOTHING to do with pre-marital sex.

Look up the definition of the word, adultery is sex between a married person and a person other than the spouse. I don't see any pre-marital thing in here.

Even your quotes from the Bible doesn't talk about pre-marital sex. It talks about adultery, except for this:

And in this sentence, it says it has a purpose, It doesn't say it's a sin. tongue.gif

#50 aSoldier

aSoldier

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 19 November 2005 - 03:05 AM

QUOTE (Eloren @ Nov 19 2005, 06:34 PM)
No no, I still don't agree wink.gif

I am not trying to justify pre-marital sex. I am just trying to make you understand that adultery has NOTHING to do with pre-marital sex.

Look up the definition of the word, adultery is sex between a married person and a person other than the spouse. I don't see any pre-marital thing in here.

Even your quotes from the Bible doesn't talk about pre-marital sex. It talks about adultery, except for this:
And in this sentence, it says it has a purpose, It doesn't say it's a sin. tongue.gif

If that last verse I quoted didn't do it for you, I don't know what will. The purpose part came from me, lol, not the Bible.

And to anoushik, I am expressing my views as a Christian, and as a follower of Christ, that is where my thoughts and mentality originate from (Bible and God). Understood?

Edited by sSebB, 19 November 2005 - 03:09 AM.

#51 Eloren

Eloren

Mysterious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 19 November 2005 - 03:10 AM

The last verse also applies to a married person. Of course it is not "good" to look lustfully at another woman if you are married.

But what about a non-married?

You are completely denying the true meaning from the dictionnary of the word "adultery" smile.gif

#52 aSoldier

aSoldier

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 19 November 2005 - 03:11 AM

QUOTE (Eloren @ Nov 19 2005, 07:10 PM)
The last verse also applies to a married person. Of course it is not "good" to look lustfully at another woman if you are married.

But what about a non-married?

You are completely denying the true meaning from the dictionnary of the word "adultery" smile.gif

It's not good for both non-married and married. Case closed.

The Bible doesn't refer to it as "pre-marital sex" and as a result is not seen in the connection to adultery, however, light is shed on the topic in one verse:

Hebrews 13:4
-----------------
Marriage should be honored by all, and the marriage bed kept pure, for God will judge the adulterer and all the sexually immoral.

Edited by sSebB, 19 November 2005 - 03:19 AM.

#53 Eloren

Eloren

Mysterious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 19 November 2005 - 03:23 AM

Enough for the quotes wink.gif

Once again, I am not trying to justify pre-marital sex, I honestly find it respectful of you to remain a virgin until you find THE one and get married. It is good.

But the only annoying thing, is when you judge people. I have another way of life, which is also full of respect towards others. But I don't like it when someone comes and says: I am clean, you are a sinner.

Let only God judge people.

#54 aSoldier

aSoldier

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 19 November 2005 - 03:28 AM

QUOTE (Eloren @ Nov 19 2005, 07:23 PM)
Enough for the quotes wink.gif

Once again, I am not trying to justify pre-marital sex, I honestly find it respectful of you to remain a virgin until you find THE one and get married. It is good.

But the only annoying thing, is when you judge people. I have another way of life, which is also full of respect towards others. But I don't like it when someone comes and says: I am clean, you are a sinner.

Let only God judge people.

I completely agree with you. Only God can judge us. I respect your way of life and have never judged you.

I merely stated I would end my relationship with a girl who never told me she was a non-virgin. That is the source of these posts.

We are all sinners, but with God we can be clean.

Sorry if I let on the impression that I was judging you tongue.gif

Edited by sSebB, 19 November 2005 - 03:30 AM.

#55 kakachik77

kakachik77

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 737 posts

Posted 19 November 2005 - 07:59 AM

do you at least play with yourself, Seb?

Edited by kakachik77, 19 November 2005 - 08:00 AM.

#56 vava

vava

:yawn:

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,234 posts

Posted 19 November 2005 - 10:39 AM

QUOTE (sSebB @ Nov 18 2005, 09:19 PM)
You have to be wise, and not let your emotions decide your actions.

What is love, if not an emotion? Does not love drive marriage? Moreover, isn't it more important that two people should truly commit to eachother for a lifelong bond, rather than simply throw on a ring a declare themselves married, only to be able to reverse the decision in the future? I think one should draw the difference between modern marriage, and the bond of love.

QUOTE (sSebB @ Nov 18 2005, 09:19 PM)

Nope. Does not follow. Two people can be very much in love, and make love, yet not be married. The bond of love has very little to do with the bond of marraige. Marriage is simply and institution - and much less meaningful today than it was in biblical times.

#57 Anoushik

Anoushik

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,973 posts
  • Interests:Armenians, music, philosophy...

Posted 19 November 2005 - 10:42 AM

QUOTE (sSebB @ Nov 19 2005, 01:11 AM)
Marriage should be honored by all, and the marriage bed kept pure, for God will judge the adulterer and all the sexually immoral.

I don't agree with this. It is very vague. What does it mean to be sexually immoral? And isn't there enough evil in this world for God to deal with instead of having to worry about an individual's sexual preference?

We are all sinners, but with God we can be clean.

Do you mean that we are born sinners? I don't agree with this either. I didn't choose to be born. If there is a God, he was responsible for my birth.

#58 ED

ED

Քեռի

• Nobility
  • 5,960 posts
  • Interests:Music, traveling, Salvador Dali, Tolstoy, Sevak, Charents
    wine, sushi and lots lots more

Posted 19 November 2005 - 11:26 AM

QUOTE (kakachik77 @ Nov 19 2005, 05:59 AM)
do you at least play with yourself, Seb?

lol.gif

#59 Harut

Harut

Վերնագիր

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,734 posts
  • Interests:uninterested...

Posted 19 November 2005 - 04:08 PM

in fact everyone should stay virgin untill they die, vor es taghtkali mardkutyan qoq@ ktrvi...

#60 Arpa

Arpa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,011 posts
  • Interests:Culture

Posted 19 November 2005 - 04:47 PM

QUOTE (Harut @ Nov 19 2005, 10:08 PM)
in fact everyone should stay virgin untill they die, vor es taghtkali mardkutyan qoq@ ktrvi...

Հարութ ինչու աշխարհից այսպէս բեզարէլ ես?
Եւ ինչու թրքերեն ես խոսում, արմատ բառը մոռացել ես? smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users