No replies to this topic

#1 onjig

onjig

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts
  • Location:Ranch in Sierra Nevada Mountains, California, Ranch in Nevada
  • Interests:Family, Armenia, Armenians,skiing, crop, too much to list.

Posted 03 June 2018 - 08:38 AM

Armenian-American Pianist Kariné Poghosyan to Debut at Zankel Hall at Carnegie Hall on June 7

Poghosyan.jpg

Kariné Poghosyan

NEW YORK—Armenian-American pianist Kariné Poghosyan will make her debut at Zankel Hall at Carnegie Hall on June 7 at 7:30 p.m. with a solo recital inspired by New York City. Titled “The New York Connection,” the program will feature works by both native New Yorkers as well as composers who visited and worked in New York, including the virtuosic piano sonatas by Samuel Barber, Béla Bartók and Sergei Rachmaninoff; Gershwin’s iconic Rhapsody in Blue; and her own arrangement of the beautiful Lullaby from Khachaturian’s “Gayaneh.”

“I have lived the past 15 years of my life in New York, and my attachment to this city is so deep that it’s not easy to describe in words. It is my home, my biggest challenger, and my incessant source of inspiration. No other city on the planet has the level of energy and artistic creativity! It is no wonder that almost every major composer in the twentieth century at some point visited here, either for a brief stay or for a long-term residence,” Poghosyan said about the upcoming performance.

In response to Poghosyan’s passionate playing, a critic once wrote: “If she had been born a few decades earlier, perhaps the Armenian-American pianist Kariné Poghosyan could have melted the Cold War.” With such ardent devotion to her art, she has been praised for her ability to “get to the heart of the works she performs.”

read more: Kariné Poghosyan

NEW YORK—Armenian-American pianist Kariné Poghosyan will make her debut at Zankel Hall at Carnegie Hall on June 7 at 7:30 p.m. with a solo recital inspired by New York City. Titled “The New York Connection,” the program will feature works by both native New Yorkers as well as composers who visited and worked in New York, including the virtuosic piano sonatas by Samuel Barber, Béla Bartók and Sergei Rachmaninoff; Gershwin’s iconic Rhapsody in Blue; and her own arrangement of the beautiful Lullaby from Khachaturian’s “Gayaneh.”

“I have lived the past 15 years of my life in New York, and my attachment to this city is so deep that it’s not easy to describe in words. It is my home, my biggest challenger, and my incessant source of inspiration. No other city on the planet has the level of energy and artistic creativity! It is no wonder that almost every major composer in the twentieth century at some point visited here, either for a brief stay or for a long-term residence,” Poghosyan said about the upcoming performance.

In response to Poghosyan’s passionate playing, a critic once wrote: “If she had been born a few decades earlier, perhaps the Armenian-American pianist Kariné Poghosyan could have melted the Cold War.” With such ardent devotion to her art, she has been praised for her ability to “get to the heart of the works she performs.”

read more:   https://armenianweek...hall-on-june-7/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users