• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 26 December 2000 - 02:32 PM

ARMENIA TO BECOME REGIONAL CENTER FOR INFORMATION TECHNOLOGIES DEVELOPMENT
26.12.2000 16:11

26.12.2000, MEDIAMAX, YEREVAN. Under the umbrella of the European Union Yerevan will host in 2001 an international conference dedicated to the perspectives of IT (Information technologies) development in the region, Armenian Foreign Minister Vardan Oskanian said today at a press conference in Yerevan.
Armenia strives to become a regional center for IT development, Oskanian noted. -0-

#2 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 27 December 2000 - 08:01 AM

US State Department has project to open (for next 2 years) 50 computer/internet centers in all over Armenia (including all provinces).

(I lost the link. When I find I will post the link)

#3 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 27 December 2000 - 09:34 AM

It's interesting how they're going to connect to Internet. When I was there I was able to connect at the fantastic speed of 2.4K using phone lines. And every minute cost me about 50c (ISP + long distance call).

#4 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 27 December 2000 - 01:59 PM

It is much cheaper now. At least when I was there I connected both at the Arminco center and at Armenia Hotel. It was not lightning fast, but decent. And ve affordable.

They have to break up the telecom and Internet monopoly. It is absolutely essential for the rapid development of the infrastructure.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users