7 replies to this topic

#1 hytga

hytga

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 621 posts
  • Interests:computers

Posted 30 December 2004 - 08:43 PM

ok. i ned to make this site for a friend, i'm stuck at one point on the site. i need to add a page where people can edit uploaded images or images that are currently on the server. i don't need much functionality. all i need is for the user to add text, be able to format the text(color font etc), and be able to drag and drop the text anywhere on the picture and then save the image on the server. i basically need the GUI, but i don't want to use activex. i suppose the best way for this is to use .NET, any suggestions or anyone knows of any examples on the net? if there are any .net programmers maybe you can give me a quote on writing this prog, so i can take it to my friend.

ps. the server uses,
asp
asp.net
and php

thanks in advance

Edited by hytga, 30 December 2004 - 08:57 PM.

#2 Sip

Sip

Buffet Connoisseur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,366 posts

Posted 31 December 2004 - 01:37 AM

My guess is you'd need a full blown Java applet but I'm not sure since I've never done something like this.

#3 hytga

hytga

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 621 posts

Posted 31 December 2004 - 11:55 AM

i forgot to add. the server already has the aspimage componenet installed, so the only thing remaining is for the GUI to pass parameters to another page where the other page will take care of the rest (the actual editing and saving of the image)

ps. thanks sep, i'll look into it

Edited by hytga, 31 December 2004 - 12:01 PM.

#4 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,242 posts

Posted 31 December 2004 - 02:27 PM

QUOTE (hytga @ Dec 30 2004, 07:43 PM)
ok. i ned to make this site for a friend, i'm stuck at one point on the site. i need to add a page where people can edit uploaded images or images that are currently on the server. i don't need much functionality. all i need is for the user to add text, be able to format the text(color font etc), and be able to drag and drop the text anywhere on the picture and then save the image on the server. i basically need the GUI, but i don't want to use activex. i suppose the best way for this is to use .NET, any suggestions or anyone knows of any examples on the net? if there are any .net programmers maybe you can give me a quote on writing this prog, so i can take it to my friend.

ps. the server uses,
asp
asp.net
and php

thanks in advance

thats somthing i can also use - let me knwo if you find it - or find a person to make it work

wan useing Ebay pic service - you can add your pic - host it on it's server - it adds the logo of Ebay pic server - don;t knwo if yo can add text or not - but it could be don.

inchyeve - let me know - we can work on it .

MOvses

#5 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,242 posts

Posted 31 December 2004 - 02:34 PM

http://www.myimager....9164_891467.gif

What is myImager.com?
myImager.com is your own free everything online image editor! Upload or call images from anywhere on the web and edit them freely with the the dozens of tools and filters that we offer! This is a 100% free service, offered by the great people at Cool Archive.

How do I start using myImager.com?
Click on File and choose one of the options.

#6 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,242 posts

Posted 31 December 2004 - 02:37 PM

http://www.gifworks.com/

What Is GIFWorks?

It's an online GIF image editor. This unique tool is completely on-line -- nothing to download or install. Better yet, it's ABSOLUTELY FREE -- no prepaid tokens or subscriptions.

What can I do with GIFWorks?

Create your own special effects with any GIF -- even animated ones! Resize it, colorize it, optimize it, and jazzercise it -- then save it and take it with you. You name it and you can do it! If you have any feature suggestions let us know.

#7 hytga

hytga

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 621 posts

Posted 31 December 2004 - 03:34 PM

i could add the text and logo or other things all right, but i need to make it user friendly. I could add the text with simple php or asp, but i need the GUI. like when you add a text in photoshop you see a texbox you type your text in it, and vuala it's part of the image, you drag the text anywhere on the image. that's what i'm looking for, not something that would reload the picture and page every time you add an effect to it. For example if the GUI let's you add a transparent textbox or a label, after the user clicks continue the parameters of the textbox (pixels from top, pixels from left the font, color, font size) are passed to another page where it creates or loads the image and adds text based on these parameters

here's an example of what i'm trying to achieve, but this thing is only pc compatible, a good portion of the users of the site i blieve will be mac useres, and i don't want to bother the users with changing security settings on their browsers that's why i'm steering away from activex
http://www.vistaprin...p... 4:36:01 PM

i dont know, maybe i'm trying to do something impossible?

anyways thanks for the feedbacks, i appreciate it

Edited by hytga, 31 December 2004 - 04:14 PM.

#8 Garo

Garo

Veteran

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts

Posted 31 December 2004 - 05:47 PM

As far as I know vistaprint is not working properly on macs. before it was not supporting macs at all. It uses layers to let you change the text and images and move them. Using JavaScript you should be able to get the current position of the layer and submit it with the text.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users