• onjig likes this

#2 onjig

onjig

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts
  • Location:Ranch in Sierra Nevada Mountains, California, Ranch in Nevada
  • Interests:Family, Armenia, Armenians,skiing, crop, too much to list.

Posted 18 August 2017 - 06:03 PM

Very nice~

#3 onjig

onjig

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts
  • Location:Ranch in Sierra Nevada Mountains, California, Ranch in Nevada
  • Interests:Family, Armenia, Armenians,skiing, crop, too much to list.

Posted 18 August 2017 - 06:22 PM

#4 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,192 posts

Posted 07 July 2023 - 08:21 PM

• Yervant1 likes this

#5 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,192 posts

Posted 07 July 2023 - 08:31 PM

• Yervant1 likes this

#6 Yervant1

Yervant1

The True North!

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,599 posts

Posted 08 July 2023 - 08:11 AM

EVERYDAY POWER
July 7 2023

Armenian Quotes on the Culturally Rich Nation  

Curator of Inspiring Quotes and Wise Words

These Armenian quotes showcase the immense pride and rich cultural heritage of its people.

Armenia is a country located in South Caucasus between the borders of Eastern Europe and Western Asia.

Armenia boasts an ancient culture that has been flourishing for centuries. 

These quotes encapsulate the collective values, aspirations, and experiences of the Armenian people.

In Armenia, you can find historical landmarks showing the resilience of the Armenian people.

Armenian history and culture are woven together; each contributes to the identity of this nation.

o embark on a journey through time and learn about some fascinating aspects of Armenian history and culture, continue reading below.

Enduring Armenian Culture and Traditions

The deep-rooted Armenian culture is quite popular in the region and beyond.

The traditions have been passed down from one generation to another. 

For instance, Armenian culture boasts the following aspects:

• Soul-stirring music
  • Vibrant folk dances 
  • Elaborate craftsmanship 
  • Intricate textiles

Armenians show unwavering pride when presenting or displaying their cultural heritage.

Tourists love to explore traditional Armenian cuisine, family customs, art forms, and festivals.

Armenian cultural festivals are also known for their vibrant atmosphere. 

Each of these festivals serves as a colorful aspect of Armenian culture.

Some of the most popular cultural festivals of Armenia include:

• Vardavar: The Festival of Water
  • Navasard: Honoring Armenian Mythology
  • Shoghakat Festival: Embracing Armenian Traditional Dance
  • Areni Wine Festival: Celebrating Armenian Grape Harvest
  • Yerevan Wine Days: Toasting to Armenian Wine Culture
Architectural Elements 

Armenian architecture is a testament to the rich history this land owns. 

This place has been the interplay of various civilizations.

Each civilization has left its mark on the architecture and culture of this land. 

Here, you can find monastic complexes like Geghard and Haghpat.

The iconic Etchmiadzin Cathedral is another example showing a unique blend of different cultures. 

It involves a variety of elements linked to Persian, Byzantine, and Armenian architectural styles. 

When you Delve into the world of these architectural marvels, you can feel the significance of Armenian architecture.

Artistic and Literary Contributions

Armenian literature and artists have gained a lot of popularity throughout the world. 

Some of the famous figures associated with art and literature include:

• Hovhannes Shiraz 
  • Paruyr Sevak
  • Martiros Saryan 

People like these have promoted Armenian culture. 

Top 10 Armenian Quotes 

Following is the collection of top Armenian quotes that you would love to read. These quotes will help you in knowing about Armenian people and culture in a better way. 

1. “Armenian is the language to speak with God.” — Lord Byron

2. “It’s time to recognize the Armenian Genocide.” — Kim Kardashian

3. “The Armenian massacre was the greatest crime of the war.” — Theodore Roosevelt

4. “What a lonely and silly thing it is to be an Armenian writer in America.”  — William Saroyan

5. “The legacy of the Armenian Genocide is woven into the fabric of America.” — Adam Schiff

6. “The first genocide of the 21st century was against you, the Armenian people.” — Pope Francis

7. “He was so depressed, he tried to commit suicide by inhaling next to an Armenian.” — Woody Allen

8. “Armenia remains a dream, a subject of stories; it is still, against all odds, a place.” — Anthony Bourdain

9. “I’m Armenian, but I’m very fair, and I look white… I would always get such hate about it.” — Khloe Kardashian

10. “If I were money-motivated, I wouldn’t have joined a rock band with three other Armenian guys.” — Daron Malakian

Armenian Quotes about Heritage

The quotes below are related to having Armenian family backgrounds.

11. “I was born in Iran; my parents are Armenian.” — Gegard Mousasi

12. “I’m Armenian, so I’m oily and always have blotting papers.” — Khloe Kardashian

13. “My grandmother, Betty Bertha Bright, lived in the Armenian block in Kolkata.” — Pooja Bhatt

14. “I mean, my dad is half-Armenian, his father is 100%, and I actually think he has Armenian citizenship.” — Dan Bilzerian

15. “Raffi Cavoukian was born in Cairo in 1948 and moved with his Armenian parents to Toronto when he was 10.” — Sheila Heti

16. “My biological dad was Armenian. My last name is Lopez, and I have a darker complexion, which throws people for a loop.” — Seth Rollins

17. “I am Armenian, and I understand what it is to lose a country and lose a family and have massacres and genocides and everything against my people.” — Andrea Martin

18. “My forebears were fantastically wealthy Armenians who came to England from India in the 19th century and did what foreign types do – they married into a penniless but well-bred local family.” — Saul David

19. “On my father’s side, I’m descended from immigrants, one of whom was a Syrian refugee from the Armenian genocide, and my mother was an immigrant from Germany whose visa had expired and, for a year and change, was undocumented here in the U.S.” — Alexis Ohanian

20. “My family was very open. My grandfather was German and a Protestant. My father, a lawyer, was Greek Catholic and played the violin. My mother was very religious and went to church twice a day. My grandmother was Armenian. So I was raised with three different faiths – that’s why I am so open.” — Krzysztof Penderecki

Armenian Quotes on Resilience, Cultural Heritage, and Survival

Explore the enduring spirit of Armenia through these inspiring quotes that embody resilience, cultural heritage, and the power of survival.

21. “A woman telling her true age is like a buyer confiding his final price to an Armenian rug dealer.” — Mignon McLaughlin

22. “And I realized more and more that the Armenian story was not so much one of massacre and persecution, as survival.” — Philip Marsden

23. “When I was younger, I was listening to a lot of Armenian music, you know, revolutionary music about freedom and protest.” — Serj Tankian

24. “I was raised with a huge Armenian influence, always hearing stories of Armenia, celebrating Armenian holidays.” — Kim Kardashian

25. “Russia demanded Armenian territories, very cleverly using long-standing, bitter fights between Armenians and Turks.” — Ernst Kaltenbrunner

26. “The idea of telling the story of the Armenian genocide – or, really, any other genocide – and repeating those stories is really important.” — Chris Cornell

27. “Armenian folklore has it that three apples fell from Heaven: one for the teller of a story, one for the listener, and the third for the one who ‘took it to heart.’” — Nancy Willard

28. “The Christian Armenian story was the Polish Jewish story. The efforts of the Armenians to stay alive in Musa Dagh chimed with those struggling to survive the ghetto.” — Howard Jacobson

29. “With faith and courage, generations of Armenians have overcome great suffering and proudly preserved their culture, traditions, and religion and have told the story of the genocide to an often indifferent world.” — Jerry Costello

30. “From May until October, the Ottoman Government pursued methodically a plan of extermination far more hellish than the worst possible massacre. Orders for the deportation of the entire Armenian population to Mesopotamia were dispatched to every province of Asia Minor. These orders were explicit and detailed. No Hamlet was too insignificant to be missed. The news was given by town criers that every Armenian was to be ready to leave at a certain hour for an unknown destination.” — Herbert Adams Gibbons

Armenian Quotes Based on Facts 

There are various facts about every nation which others want to know. Below given quotes show some great facts about the Armenian people.

31. “Modern Armenia survived only because it was a single province controlled and protected by the Russian Empire.” — John Shimkus

32. “Armenia was always a minority nation. The Armenians were annihilated by the Russians and then by the Turks.” — Ernst Kaltenbrunner

33. “I am Armenian, so, of course, I am obsessed with laser hair removal! Arms, bikini, legs, underarms… my entire body is hairless.” — Kim Kardashian

34. “In 1911, Turkey established gun control. From 1915 to 1917, 1.5 million Armenians, unable to defend themselves, were exterminated.” — Joe Wurzelbacher

35. “Harout Pamboukjian is one of the biggest Armenian folk singers in the world. In the ’70s, he was making these records that were really Zeppelin-influenced.” — Serj Tankian

36. “It is simply in the nature of Armenian to study, to learn, to question, to speculate, to discover, to invent, to revise, to restore, to preserve, to make, and to give.” — William Saroyan

37. “On the eve of World War I, an estimated two million Armenians lived in the Ottoman Empire. Well over a million were deported, and hundreds of thousands were simply killed.” — Eliot Engel

38. “The Jews were gassed. Armenians were killed in every conceivable way… So the Holocaust doesn’t interest me, see? They’ve had a lot of publicity, but they didn’t suffer as much.” — Jack Kevorkian

39. “Not so many Armenian players are given a chance to play in the Champions League, and this is really important for me because I want to do everything to impress the children who are watching me playing.” — Henrikh Mkhitaryan

40. “In the 20th century, the Muslim world created a vision of religious nationalism. Turkey, for example, had to be ethnically Turkish. Kurds, Armenians, and other minorities didn’t have a place in such a vision of a nation-state.” — Feisal Abdul Rauf

Armenian Quotes About Genocide

History is full of events leading to the Armenian genocide, and the Armenian people mourn their genocide to this day. .

41. “What is compelling about the Armenian genocide is how it has been forgotten.” — Atom Egoyan

42. “The Armenian genocide showed what could happen when empires were beaten into nations.” — Niall Ferguson

43. “Our strength lies in our intensive attacks and our barbarity…After all, who today remembers the genocide of the Armenians?” — Adolf Hitler

44. “Like the genocide of the Armenians before it, and the genocide of the Cambodians which followed it … the lessons of the Holocaust must never be forgotten.” — Ronald Reagan

45. “The reality is that most of North America know next to nothing of the 20th century’s first genocide – the systematic slaughter of 1.5 million Armenians in the First World War.” — Chris Bohjalian

46. “This was a tragic event in human history, but by paying tribute to the Armenian community, we ensure the lessons of the Armenian Genocide are properly understood and acknowledged.” — Jerry Costello

47. “The Armenian Genocide is such a controversial and very sensitive issue because the Turkish and Armenian people disagree about the facts of what actually happened.” — Khloe Kardashian

48. “Moreover, as the leadership of the House confirmed last year, the Administration remains opposed to a congressional resolution on the Armenian Genocide due to Turkish objections.” — Patrick J. Kennedy

49. “If Turkey is prepared to acknowledge the Armenian Genocide, then its leaders can proceed immediately to direct dialogue with its counterparts in Armenia to define a common vision for the future.” — Mark Foley

50. “The AXA and New York Life settlements are important building blocks not only toward seeking financial recovery for the losses resulting from the Armenian Genocide but also in our ultimate goal, which is for Turkey and the US to acknowledge the genocide officially.” — Mark Geragos

Which One of these Armenian Quotes is your Favorite? 

The Armenian diaspora has reached almost every corner of the world. 

Armenian history and culture have shown resilience, which is why Armenian traditions are still practiced. 

In addition, Armenian artists and literary people have contributed a lot to the express the identity of Armenian culture. 

This is one of the reasons behind the popularity of Armenian quotes.

You can share these quotes with your friends and family via any social media platform.

If you have found your favorite Armenian quote, do share it with us via our comments section. 

We would love to know about your choice.

https://everydaypowe...rmenian-quotes/

#7 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,192 posts

Posted 18 July 2023 - 10:39 AM

• Yervant1 likes this

#8 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա