- - - - -

Harout Pambukjyan

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#61 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 12 January 2001 - 01:19 AM

Maybe some of you like or don't like Harut.
But I have a lot of friends who are not Armenians. They don't understand words of his songs but they like him because of his voice and maybe something more. When he sing
he has something in his voice and you want to hear him. For me he is one of the best folk Armenian singers and I know a lot of Armenians who agree with me. I don't know much about his private life and I don't want to know. Maybe some of you don't like his songs or he is not in your style but it's not give you right to call him cretin or something like this.

#62 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 12 January 2001 - 09:41 AM

Welcome Taguhi! And thank you for resurrecting my favorite thread .

#63 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 12 January 2001 - 03:39 PM

Yeah!!
Long live Haroutjan!
May he ____________________________ and live a long and happy life.

Pilafjan, you fill in the blank!

#64 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 16 January 2001 - 01:38 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Taguhi:
But I have a lot of friends who are not Armenians. They don't understand words of his songs but they like him because of his voice and maybe something more.

That is so funny I had this Asian class-mate in HS (I can't recall exactly what nationality) and she once told me they play Haruts tapes during their parties. I thought she was pulling my leg, but then she started humming "Alagyoz Acherd" and I was ready to die of surprise How weird eh?

A

PS. For the record, I think Harut has done a whole great deal for the sake of introducing and preserving armenian music in the diaspora (USA especially). Before his move to LA, it was all Turkish tunes during armenian gatherings.

#65 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 16 January 2001 - 09:23 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Sulamita:
Before his move to LA, it was all Turkish tunes during armenian gatherings.

Not turkish tunes! But rather the music brought here by the Western Armenians. Granted, half of them have turkish lyrics, but most/many were written by Armenians (often under pseudonyms).

To me what Harout did was bring not only Beriutsi & Eastern Armenian music, but more importantly, much more contemporary Armenian music than the "kef time" Western Armenian groups play.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users