#121 Harut

Harut

Վերնագիր

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,734 posts
  • Interests:uninterested...

Posted 24 September 2007 - 06:12 PM

anybody else follows the World Chess Championship 2007? http://www.chessmexico.com/

Aronian is not doing too great, but still has some chances to win...

#122 DominO

DominO

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,455 posts

Posted 31 October 2007 - 09:01 PM

What the hell is happening to Aronian? Not doing in the team neither. Armenia is underperforming. The Women team is doing better though.

#123 AVO

AVO

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,184 posts

Posted 31 October 2007 - 09:22 PM

Probably the drama with the girlfriend is taking a toll

#124 Ani

Ani

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,656 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 01:20 AM

"Haylur" reported that he had a cold or something like that (grip maybe)...But it was more than a month ago...

#125 AVO

AVO

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,184 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 10:59 PM

ARMENIA DEFEATS TURKEY AND AZERBAIJAN

[12:35 pm] 02 November, 2007

Armenia's chess team won over Turkey 2.5:1.5 at the fifth round of the European Team Championship.

Armenian GM Vladimir Hakobian enjoyed victory while Levon Aronian, Gabriel Sargsian and Smbat Lputian played a tie.

Russia defeated Azerbaijan 3.5:0.5 thus becoming a sole leader.

The men’s chess team of Armenia advanced to the 10th place, gaining 7 points in team competitions and 12 points in individual games.

Armenia is to compete with Hungary at the sixth round.

Our team stands a good chance to take a prize-winning place. The team lacks only one point to outnumber Israel, Slovenia and Azerbaijan taking the second place.

The women's chess team of Armenia defeated Azerbaijan 2.5:1.5. Elina Danielian and Lilit Mkrtchian celebrated victory among the women chess players.

Currently, the team takes the 12th place with 6 points in team competitions and 11 points in individual games. The fixture table is led by Poland.
http://www.a1plus.am...issue&iid=54071

#126 DominO

DominO

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,455 posts

Posted 05 November 2007 - 04:19 PM

Both men and women at third position after the 8th round, Aronian is still underperforming.

#127 Harut

Harut

Վերնագիր

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,734 posts

Posted 10 November 2007 - 01:22 PM

european team chess championships 2007
final results
men
Rk. SNo Team Team Games + = - TB1 TB2 TB3
1 1 RUSSIA RUS 9 8 1 0 17 25,0 180,5
2 4 ARMENIA ARM 9 6 2 1 14 21,5 175,0
3 3 AZERBAIJAN AZE 9 6 1 2 13 20,5 183,5
women
Rk. SNo Team Team Games + = - TB1 TB2 TB3
1 1 RUSSIA RUS 9 6 3 0 15 25,0 184,5
2 6 POLAND POL 9 5 3 1 13 23,5 179,5
3 10 ARMENIA ARM 9 5 3 1 13 21,0 176,0

silver medal for men, bronze medal for women

Edited by Harut, 10 November 2007 - 01:23 PM.

#128 nairi

nairi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,704 posts

Posted 10 November 2007 - 06:45 PM

Azerbaijan and Turkey cheated. Turkey gave away four points to Azerbaijan for free. At least that's the only way that I can explain how Turkey lost all of its games to Azerbaijan, but played relatively strongly against Armenia, and how Armenia beat Azerbaijan.

#129 Boghos

Boghos

-= Mr Nobility =-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts
  • Interests:literature, cinema, chess, history

Posted 11 November 2007 - 08:32 AM

It may very well be.But Azerbaijan played Turkey in the first round, also the first board for Turkey is a strong Russian GM, Mikhail Gurevich.

#130 AK-47

AK-47

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 624 posts
  • Interests:Armenian history, music, sports, politics...the usual stuff.

Posted 11 November 2007 - 10:19 PM

Teimur Radjabov: We all hate Armenians
12.11.2007 – Recently, at the European Championship, the team of Azerbaijan got Bronze, behind the Russians and Armenians. The latter are historical enemies of the Azeris, politically, culturally and in chess. One of the stars of the Azerbaijan team, Teimour Radjabov, gives vent to his personal feelings and how it affected the play of his team against the enemy in this startling APA interview.

Teimur Radjabov: The enemy is the enemy – we all hate Armenians

The head of the Azerbaijani national chess team that won the bronze medal at the European Team Championship, behind Russia and Armenia, Teimour Radjabov, gave an exclusive interview to the Russian sports news agency APA. It contains some very startling comments.

On the Bronze Medal win at the European Championship: This is of course a great success. I think our players competed well – we should not forget that European chess is the strongest in the world. I am sure that we will achieve more success in future.

On the clash with Russia, after leading until round five: We lost to the main favorites of the European Championship, the Russian team, and it had a bad influence on me. We lost three games in round five, and one ended in a draw. But this score does not reflect the potential of our players at all. Before competing with the Russians we were thinking about defeating our rivals. We were scoring well until that round. The Russians defeated us and won the gold medals.

On the loss to Slovenia in round six: We did not think about losing to them. We took risks and that led to our defeat, an unexpected defeat. I think we are to blame, as we did not assess our opponents correctly. We thought that we would win without any difficulty.

On the draw against Armenia in round eight: Of course we had chance to win it. But the situation changed gradually. Vladimir Akopian offered me a draw, after Shahriyar [Mamedyarov] and Rauf [Mamedov] had finished their games with draws. I did not accept, because by then Vugar [Gashimov] had a bad position. He lost, so I had to defeat Akopian to draw the match, and I managed to do it.

On the team's feelings before this round eight match: I will not deny that we were very nervous. Regardless of where we meet, the enemy is the enemy. We all have feelings of hate towards them. But you must try to suppress those feelings and not let them interfere. Chess must be played with a sober head.

On the atmosphere in the hall at the time: The Armenians had a lot of active fans. The Armenian Prime Minister Serge Sarkisian had arrived there, and I saw him in the hall during most matches. The President of our federation, Elman Rustamov, also attended our match with the Armenians and supported us. We understood the importance of the match and adhered to the principles of the encounter.

On the roots of this first historical success for the national team: First of all collective fight. Friendship in the team was one of the main factors. We thought about the team first of all. None of the sportsmen fought to improve his personal rating. This is very important. Our failure in the previous competitions worried us, as we felt that we had the capability to win medals.

On whether the team is capable of winning greater victories: I believe in it. Though our team has been composed of teenagers, we are known in the chess world. All teams fear and respect us. We are in the list of the strongest national teams of the world. For the first time, we have two Azerbaijani chess player is placed in the top ten in the world, which shows that our chess occupies a high place. I do not doubt we will win greater victories in future competitions. The world team championship is being discussed at the moment. Our team is the bronze medalist of the European Championship and so should also participate in this competition, which will involve the ten strongest countries in the world. But I heard they want to give the right to organize the competition to Armenia, and in this case, our team will not be able to take part. If Armenia is commissioned to organize the competition, our federation will appeal to FIDE.

On his your target at the World Cup in Khanti-Mansiysk, Russia: The competition will start on November 24. I am still trying to rest after European Championship. That’s why I will not participate in the Mikhail Tal Memorial. As the World Cup is held according to the knockout system, one defeat is decisive. That’s why I will do my best to be very careful and move forward step-by-step. If I achieve it, I can expect success there.

* Original interview in APA (Russian)
* Rough English language translation
* Wikipedia: Armenia – Azerbaijan – The Nagorno-Karabakh War

Source: http://www.chessbase...asp?newsid=4245

#131 AVO

AVO

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,184 posts

Posted 11 November 2007 - 10:31 PM

I very much doubt that our players would say anything to that extent. They're just bunch of sore losers.

#132 DominO

DominO

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,455 posts

Posted 11 November 2007 - 11:03 PM

QUOTE(Avo47 @ Nov 11 2007, 11:31 PM)
I very much doubt that our players would say anything to that extent. They're just bunch of sore losers.

I absolutly agree, and I doubt Turkish players would have said this too. Damn it, IT'S CHESS!!! Aronyan called you his Caucasian brother and you slap him in his face by claiming that you all hate Armenians.

#133 hagopn

hagopn

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 663 posts

Posted 12 November 2007 - 03:04 AM

QUOTE(Domino @ Nov 12 2007, 05:03 AM)
I absolutly agree, and I doubt Turkish players would have said this too. Damn it, IT'S CHESS!!! Aronyan called you his Caucasian brother and you slap him in his face by claiming that you all hate Armenians.

Why would you doubt that Turkish players would say it? The Azeri is the de facto Turkish Grey Wolf proxy state. I currently don't see much difference between them. Perhaps the Turks would be instructed to use more tact in their pretense of non-involvement in the Atsakh issue. Sure, that could be it.

#134 DominO

DominO

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,455 posts

Posted 12 November 2007 - 12:15 PM

QUOTE(hagopn @ Nov 12 2007, 04:04 AM)
Why would you doubt that Turkish players would say it? The Azeri is the de facto Turkish Grey Wolf proxy state. I currently don't see much difference between them. Perhaps the Turks would be instructed to use more tact in their pretense of non-involvement in the Atsakh issue. Sure, that could be it.

Because Turks have more diplomacy and self control than the Azerbaijanis. When even chess players make statments such as ''we all hate Armenians'' there is really something pathological with the society who form them. Azerbaijan as a society is sicker than Turkey, it is a racist, fascists and pathologically sick.

Edited by Domino, 12 November 2007 - 12:21 PM.

#135 hagopn

hagopn

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 663 posts

Posted 12 November 2007 - 02:55 PM

QUOTE(Domino @ Nov 12 2007, 06:15 PM)
Because Turks have more diplomacy and self control than the Azerbaijanis. When even chess players make statments such as ''we all hate Armenians'' there is really something pathological with the society who form them. Azerbaijan as a society is sicker than Turkey, it is a racist, fascists and pathologically sick.

This is an irony, since pan-Turkism, the novelty that it is in Baku, is freshly received by the Azeri Turkish speakers. The irony is that the principal "race activists" are from Turkish Republic. Vafa Gulizade is a Grey Wolf, for example.

I think Turkish society still has that potential to slip up and slide back into the good old primitivism, as they did with the recent murders. Perhaps they will show it one day, God willing, when Armenians beat the crap out of them in Football/Soccer, for example.

They sore loser status at the world cup in Korea is perfect example. Brazil beat them, and they did not accept it. They accused the Korean arbiter of being a raqcist, biased against Turks.

#136 Harut

Harut

Վերնագիր

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,734 posts

Posted 12 November 2007 - 06:24 PM

i'm glad no one got beheaded...

#137 hagopn

hagopn

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 663 posts

Posted 12 November 2007 - 08:17 PM

QUOTE(Harut @ Nov 13 2007, 12:24 AM)
i'm glad no one got beheaded...

Oh boy!--- smile.gif You right! I had almost forgotten about that stuff!

#138 AVO

AVO

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,184 posts

Posted 14 November 2007 - 11:40 PM

Letter to FIDE leadership regarding hate speech by Azerbaijani chess-player
His Excellency Kirsan ILYUMZHINOV,
FIDE President

Mr. Berik BALGABAEV
Assistant to the FIDE President

Mr. Roberto RIVELLO
FIDE Ethics Commission, Chairman

All the Members of FIDE Secretariat and Ethics Commission

Your Excellency,
Mr. Chairman,
Ladies and Gentlemen,

On November 9th Azerbaijani state information agency APA published an interview with the leader of the Azerbaijani chess-team Mr. Teimur Radjabov, in which he made the following statement regarding the Armenian team: “Regardless of where we meet, enemy remains an enemy. We all hated them.”

In a later communication with the ChessBase.com web site Mr. Radjabov did not deny the fact of such statement, did not apologize for it, instead came up with rather hypocritical statement: “I would like to state that the Azerbaijani people, including me as its representative, are tolerant and will never stoop to pathological nationalism.” A very perverted understanding of tolerance, is not it?

The initial statement by Mr. Radjabov not only constitutes hate speech in its pure form, it also makes impossible his participation in any event held by any organization that values its moral integrity and reputation.

This is why I urge the Leadership of FIDE to unequivocally condemn Mr. Radjabov and take all the relevant disciplinary measures to prevent him from participating in any future FIDE events.

Furthermore, because Mr. Radjabov spoke in the interview on behalf of his teammates, a clear explanation condemning such an expression of hate and xenophobia is required from them too.

Very truly yours,
Karen Vrtanesyan

Editor, www.Genocide.ru

Yerevan, Armenia

http://ahousekeeper....com/124501.html

#139 AVO

AVO

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,184 posts

Posted 15 November 2007 - 02:05 AM

And email addresses if you want to send an email

FIDE Secretariat (Athens, GRE).........................office@fide.com

Elista FIDE Office

Ratings and rating corrections questions...............ratings@fide.com
Directory and updates to federation officials..........directory@fide.com
Titles and title applications, title norms.............titles@fide.com
All Federation questions, Change of Federation.........federations@fide.com
Tournament reports submission..........................tournaments@fide.com
News, Player data and photos...........................newsline@fide.com
Updates to calendar and announcements..................calendar@fide.com
Information on Chess Clubs, questions..................clubs@fide.com

#140 AVO

AVO

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,184 posts

Posted 19 January 2008 - 05:52 PM

Aronian wins

Levon Aronian rebounded today with a comfortable win over Teimur Radjabov. The Armenian said he was surprised by the Modern Benoni that arose after the opening, but “pretended not to be”. After the game he criticized black’s play in the 10...b6 line. 13.Qa4! (see diagram 1) made life immediately unpleasant for black, for example he could not play 13...Qc8? because of 14.Nde4! Nxe4 15.Nxe4 b5 16.Qd1 with problems defending his d-pawn. In the game, black managed to exchange his light squared bishop - a thematic idea of the opening -, but at a cost of a pawn. It is possible that black needed to try 21...Bc3!?, although after 22.Nxc3 Qxc3 23.Qc1 white maintains his advantage. Levon was consolidating for a while, and was slowly improving his position, until, on move 40, he played the inaccurate 40.Qb2+?! (40.Ra1! wins quickly) - “trying hard not to win” - Aronian. Still, white’s edge was considerable, and the strength of his b-pawn decided the issue.

http://www.corusches...r=2008&report=7

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users