The True North!

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,603 posts

Posted 15 June 2018 - 09:16 AM

Panorama, Armenia
June 14 2018

Armenia must deal with Nakhichevan issue with its ‘big brother’ – politician

An Armenian politician stresses the need for Armenian authorities to tackle the issue of Nakhichevan, claiming it poses a serious threat to the country’s security.

“The circle around Armenia is constantly tightening, but we must hope the country will become more powerful due to the velvet revolution,” Levon Shirinyan told a news conference on Thursday.

He pointed to the deployment of a separate army in Nakhichevan, which, according to the analyst, can strike any part of the country given Armenia’s small size. “The Armenian side must eventually deal with the Nakhichevan issue with its big brother [referring to Russia]. This is a territory alienated from Armenia and handed over to Azerbaijan amid the silence of the Armenian Bolsheviks,” he said.

Shirinyan sees two options for settling the issue.

“Firstly, Armenia must be ready for a war, abandoning a defense strategy. Armenia’s war can only be preventive, since we have no backing, our troops cannot retreat,” he said.

As the second solution, he stressed the need to clarify the legal and political framework of Nakhichevan to submit it to international structures, up to the Hague court.

“But first of all we need to work with Russia. It was Moscow that violated the 1920 Yerevan Agreement to give away Armenia’s internationally recognized territory to Azerbaijan,” he reminded.

https://www.panorama...n-issue/1964575

#802 Yervant1

Yervant1

The True North!

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,603 posts

Posted 19 June 2018 - 11:27 AM

God loves you!

Panorama, Armenia

June 18 2018

Shuli: The 22-year-old hero makes haste slowly

Shuli Hakobyan, participant of the April-four-day war, awardee of Order of “Battle Cross” 2nd marks today his 22nd birthday anniversary. Shuli started his special day at the workplace and received the first congratulations from relatives. Then came wishes from friends, acquaintances and even strangers.

Today, everyone from kids to elders know the hero from Gyumri who hit three tanks in half an hour during the four-day war in April 2016. His friend Rafayel Hovhannisyan was at the frontline during the war as well. Being just three posts away from Shuli, Rafayel also hit three tanks. Speaking of the boys’ heroism, the Gyumri residents proudly state: “Gyumri hit six tanks.”

Shuli does not consider himself a hero. In numerous interviews he used to say what he did was just his military duty, while those who fell during the war for the sake of motherland are the real heroes. 

16195034_1191066844334699_38754362197290

In an interview with Panorama.am, Shuli said there is no special way to mark the birthday, yet the relatives every year turn the day into a holiday for him.  Hei has no idea what is waiting for him today yet admits -  surprises are not excluded.

The most memorable birthday for Shuli was two years ago - his 20th birthday he met while carrying out engineering work in a military post

“It was right after the April war that changed much in my life and in the lives of my fellow servicemen. I had different perceptions before the 20th anniversary, different goals, while everything changed just within days as I reconsidered the values after the April military actions,” Shuli recalled.

The young man, who passed through the flames of the war and lost numerous friends, cherishes one single wish: “I just want peace, positive changes in the people’s life, as all my wishes and dreams are about the peace. If peace is established everything will come true,” Shuli assured.  

The hero refuses to talk about his goals and has no plans about forming a family yet. As he confessed he has no girlfriend, yet added smiling shyly he had received congratulations from ladies as well he added

We join all his relatives and friends in wishing a happy birthday to Shuli.

98(6).jpg

Born in Gyumri in 1996, Shuli was called to army in 2014, to serve in a military base in Mataghis. During the April four-day war, Shuli was in Talish, serving as a deputy commander of an antitank platoon

Shuli Hakobyan was one of those heroes, who managed to withdraw the enemy from the distance of 1200 meters by targeting three of their tanks with antitank missile system. Today, Shuli works at the ministry of defense and studies at Yerevan State University.

Photos by Panorama.am and from Shuli Hakobyan’s Facebook account 

112(5).jpg

shuli(2).jpg

16649275_164461034055889_604312864717978

19029256_1329547800486602_88723284414741

24176906_1497623127012401_14541141378642

https://www.panorama...8/Shuli/1966129

#803 Yervant1

Yervant1

The True North!

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,603 posts

Posted 24 June 2018 - 08:09 AM

PanArmenian, Armenia
June 23 2018

Azerbaijan launched an attempted subversive attack against Artsakh
257118.jpg
June 23, 2018 - 15:22 AMT

PanARMENIAN.Net - The Azerbaijani army initiated an attempted subversive attack on the contact line with Nagorno Karabakh on June 17, Karabakh Defense Army spokesman Senor Hasratyan said on a Facebook post.

The Karabakh troops took the necessary measures to thwart the attack and threw the saboteurs back to their positions.

According to Hasratyan, the situation along the contact line changed in the period between June 17 and 23. In particular, he said, an RPG-7 grenade launcher has been used by Azerbaijan in some sections of the frontline.

“Besides, the rival forces continued with the maneuvers of manpower and military equipment in areas close to the contact line,” Hasratyan said.

“The Karabakh frontline units continue controlling the situation on the contact line and retaliating in the event of necessity.”

http://www.panarmeni...against_Artsakh

#804 Yervant1

Yervant1

The True North!

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,603 posts

Posted 28 June 2018 - 10:59 AM

Asbarez.com

Armenia Keeps Azerbaijani Forces ‘Under Control’ at Nakhichevan
8 hours ago
%5E747052299FB01980BE6FE4297BB8C995F3039An Armenian soldier on border patrol

YEREVAN—Armenian border troops are keeping Azerbaijani forces under control on the Nakhichevan border, said a major in the Armenian army when he accompanied a group of journalists to the border on Wednesday to dispel Baku’s recent propaganda claiming that Azerbaijani forces “liberated” a major hill on the border.

The reporters were taken to the Armenian border at Areni where they toured the border patrol detachments and met with the soldiers stationed there.

Major Andranik Tsaturyan told the reporters that indeed the Azerbaijani forces had advanced toward Armenian border, but they had not crossed the border nor had they violated the neutral zone. He explained that Armenian border troops have a strong hold on the four defensive positions, despite the Azerbaijani forces movement within its own territory.

“Azerbaijan has not created a favorable situation for itself with this advancement,” Tsaturyan told reporters. “In case of any violation, the Armenian side can open fire from three directions and compel the enemy.”

The soldiers stationed at the border assured reporters that the Azerbaijani military positions are at a safe distance from Armenian villages, as it is impossible to hit the settlement by using firearms from that distance.

“The rival’s movements took place on its own territory or in the neutral zone. It did not gain any advantage,” explained Armenian Defense Ministry spokesperson Artsrun Hovhannisyan who accompanied the reporters to the frontline.

“We should not forget that their [Azerbaijani] villages are even closer to our positions. Without new positions, they are not able to shell the road and the village [in Armenia], as they have claimed. It is impossible to do with small arms, even from a machine gun, only by rocket fire, which is another story,” said Hovhannisyan.

“For 20 years the situation has been relatively calm on this direction. Now the authorities in Baku are trying to create tensions and intensify the enmity. It was the only direction where it was relatively calm. Perhaps, this is the political goal of [Azerbaijan’s President Ilham] Aliyev. After all, it was after his visit [to Nakhichevan] that the situation began to change,” explained Hovhannisyan.

http://asbarez.com/1...at-nakhichevan/

#805 Yervant1

Yervant1

The True North!

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,603 posts

Posted 02 July 2018 - 10:44 AM

Public Radio of Armenia
July 1 2018

Armenian forces destroy one of Azerbaijan’s defense positions

Artsrun-Hovhannisyan-15-620x300.jpg

The Armenian side has completely destroyed one of Azerbaijan’s defense positions.

“Last night and this morning the Azerbaijani armed forces tried to carry out engineering works at some sections of the border in the direction of Azerbaijan,” Spokesman for the Armenian Defense Ministry Artsrn Hovhannisyan said in a Facebook post.

He said the Armenian Armed Forces opened retaliatory fire and prevented the rival from carrying out its task.

One of the Azerbaijani defense position was completely destroyed as a result of Armenian firing.

Armenian serviceman Vahagn Baghdasaryan (born in 1974) was slightly injured in the exchange of fire.

http://www.armradio....ense-positions/

#806 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,196 posts

Posted 02 July 2018 - 10:53 AM

ՀՀ ՊՆ մամուլի խոսնակ Արծրուն Հովհաննիսյանը իր ֆեյսբուքյան էջում հրապարակել է տեսանյութ, որտեղ երեւում է, թե ինչպես է Նախիջեւանում այրվում ադրբեջանական դիրքը։ Նախօրեին Արծրուն Հովհաննիսյանը ֆեյսբուքյան իր էջում տեղեկացրել էր, որ ադրբեջանական ԶՈւ-երը նախիջևանյան ուղղությամբ որոշ տեղամասերում փորձել են դիրքային ամրապնդման ինժեներական աշխատանքներ իրականացնել, ինչին ի պատասխան ՀՀ ԶՈւ-երը պատասխան կրակ են բացել և թույլ չեն տվել հակառակորդին կատարել իր խնդիրը:

#807 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,196 posts

Posted 02 July 2018 - 11:03 AM

Armenian military releases video of burning Azerbaijani post (video)

July 2, 2018 - 13:36 AMT
PanARMENIAN.Net - On the evening of June 30 and the morning of July 1, Azerbaijani forces attempted to carry out engineering work aimed at strengthening their positions near the Nakhijevan-Armenia border, a spokesman for the Armenian Defense Ministry said in a Facebook post.

According to Artsrun Hovhannisyan, the Armenian armed forces fired back and did not allow the rival to carry out the work.

“As a result of the fire of the Armenian side, one of the rival’s positions was completely destroyed and burnt down,” Hovhannisyan said.

“During the exchange of fire, contract serviceman of the Armenian Armed Forces Vahagn Baghdasaryan (b. 1974) received a minor injury.”

Below is a video of the burning Azerbaijani post, released by the Armenian Defense Ministry.

#808 Yervant1

Yervant1

The True North!

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,603 posts

Posted 03 July 2018 - 10:50 AM

ARKA, Armenia
July 2 2018

Azerbaijan opening second front against Armenia in Nakhichevan
b714cbde6499ad61c6d9b6fece0cdd1e.jpg?153

YEREVAN, July 2. /ARKA/. An Armenian political analyst Levon Shirinyan said today that Azerbaijan’s military buildup in its exclave Nakhichevan means opening a new front against Armenia. 

On June 30 and July 1 a skirmish between Azerbaijani and Armenian troops on the border between Nakhichevan and Armenia were reported. According to Armenian sources,  Azerbaijani troops attempted to build new engineering structures to strengthen their positions. The Armenian troops fired back destroying and burning one of the enemy's positions. An Armenian contract serviceman Vahagn Baghdasaryan (born in 1974) was slightly wounded in the skirmish.

According to Shirinyan, in addition to the Karabakh front, there is now a second one opening in Nakhichevan. Shirinyan said  the reaction of the Armenian side, which destroyed the Azerbaijani military position, is correct and the official Yerevan should continue this ‘model of behavior.’

"After the velvet revolution in Armenia, I see changes in matters concerning relations with Azerbaijan. Our strategy should be based on preventive strikes, and the destruction of the Azerbaijani military position in this regard should be greeted," the political scientist said.

According to Shirinyan, if Azerbaijan tries to commit new provocations, it must be punished. 
The Nagorno-Karabakh conflict erupted into armed clashes after the collapse of the Soviet Union in the early 1990s as the predominantly Armenian-populated enclave of Azerbaijan sought to secede from Azerbaijan and declared its independence backed by a successful referendum. 

On May 12, 1994, the Bishkek cease-fire agreement put an end to the military operations. A truce was brokered by Russia in 1994, although no permanent peace agreement has been signed. Since then, Nagorno-Karabakh and several adjacent regions have been under the control of Armenian forces of Karabakh. 

Nagorno-Karabakh is the longest-running post-Soviet era conflict and has continued to simmer despite the relative peace of the past two decades, with snipers causing tens of deaths a year. On April 2, 2016, Azerbaijan launched military assaults along the entire perimeter of its contact line with Nagorno-Karabakh. Four days later a cease-fire was reached. -0-

http://arka.am/en/ne...in_nakhichevan/

#809 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,196 posts

Posted 03 July 2018 - 11:22 AM

http://hetq.am/arm/n...qeric-meky.html

Ա․ Հովհաննիսյան․ «Նախիջևանյան ուղղությամբ հայկական կրակից ամբողջությամբ ավերվել ու այրվել է հակառակորդի դիրքերից մեկը»

Պաշտպանության նախարարության մամուլի խոսնակ Արծրուն Հովհաննիսյանը ֆեյսբուք իր էջում  գրառում է կատարել նախիջեւանյան ուղղությամբ ադրբեջանական զինուժի ինժեներական աշխատանքները կասեցնելու մասին․

«Երեկ երեկոյան և այսօր առավոտյան Ադրբեջանական ԶՈւ-երը Նախիջևանյան ուղղությամբ որոշ տեղամասերում փորձել են դիրքային ամրապնդման ինժեներական աշխատանքներ իրականացնել, ինչին ի պատասխան ՀՀ ԶՈւ-երը պատասխան կրակ են բացել և թույլ չեն տվել հակառակորդին կատարել իր խնդիրը: Հայկական կրակից ամբողջությամբ ավերվել ու այլրվել է հակառակորդի դիրքերից մեկը: Փոխհրաձգության ընթացքում թեթև (աննշան) վիրավորում է ստացել ՀՀ ԶՈՒ-երի պայմանագրային զինծառայող, 1974 թ. Վահագն Սամվելի Բաղդասարյանը»,- գրել է Ա․Հովհաննիսյանը:

#810 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,196 posts

Posted 03 July 2018 - 11:22 AM

#811 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,196 posts

Posted 03 July 2018 - 11:23 AM

#812 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,196 posts

Posted 03 July 2018 - 03:36 PM

https://www.civilnet...hichevan/340576

2 July, 2018 16:33

Military Tensions Continue in Nakhichevan
Azerbaijani Armed Forces attempted to move their military positions in the region of Nakhichevan on the evening of June 30, according to Armenia’s Defense Minister's spokesperson Artsrun Hovhannisyan.

Nakhichevan is a landlocked exclave of the Republic of Azerbaijan bordering Armenia to the east and north. Nakhchivan is in a political and military conflict situation with Armenia. Skirmishes on the border between the Azerbaijani exclave and Armenia have increased in recent weeks.

On July 1, Hovhannisyan wrote on his Facebook page that the Armenian Armed Forces had stopped the Azerbaijani military from changing their positions within Nakhichevan. “One of the opponents' positions has been completely destroyed and burned down,” Hovhannisyan wrote. Vahagn Samvel Baghdasaryan, an Armenian soldier born in 1974, was slightly injured during the operation.

#813 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,196 posts

Posted 03 July 2018 - 03:36 PM

#814 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,196 posts

Posted 26 July 2018 - 11:12 AM

Azerbaijan Violated Karabakh Ceasefire 150 Times Last Week

http://hetq.am/eng/n...-last-week.html

#815 Yervant1

Yervant1

The True North!

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,603 posts

Posted 27 July 2018 - 09:35 AM

ARKA, Armenia
July 26 2018

War with Azerbaijan is highly likely – Armenian premier
afee9815b3107830a26b6c06ac9c0eb5.jpg?153

YEREVAN, July 26. /ARKA/. Armenian Prime Minister Nikol Pashinyan said in an interview with Echo of Moscow that a war with Azerbaijan is highly likely.

“Things are very tense now in our region,” he said commenting on the statement he made recently at a news conference. “I mean Azerbaijan’s aggressive policy. There is a very high probability of war. And I said that we should be ready for a war, But I also said that I, all Armenians and everybody in Armenia are sure that Russia has every means to prevent a new round of escalation in our region and to deter Azerbaijan from assaulting Armenia and Karabakh.”

Pashinyan repeated what he said then: “I can’t believe that Russians will not use these means to prevent a war.”

The Armenian premier said that Russia has every lever and every opportunity to prevent war. 

However, he refrained from revealing details of his talks with Russian President Vladimir Putin over sales 
of armament to Azerbaijan. 

“Arms embargo is a different talk and we will continue this talk not only with Russia, but also with Belarus and our other partners in the Collective Security Treaty Organization, since we are members of the same security organization,” he said. “But, speaking at my press conference, I meant political, geopolitical, economic and direct influence of Russia, possible influence of Russia on our region.”

Pashinyan also confirmed the fact that his son in the military service on the Karabakh frontline.

“He went there as a volunteer,” he said in his interview. “This is very important, and many interpret this as an aggressive gesture. This is a peaceable gesture, since, I think, all of us understand that when I send my son to Karabakh I don’t want war resumption there. God keep my son, sons of my compatriots and sons of Azerbaijan, sons of ordinary Azerbaijani citizens from getting killed!”

He said he would be glad if Ilham Aliyev could send his son there for military service.  

“I would take that as a peaceful gesture, and if so, all of us will be sure that Mr. Aliyev wouldn’t want to have his son killed.”

Karabakh conflict broke out in 1988 when Karabakh, mainly populated by Armenians, declared its independence from Azerbaijan.

On December 10, 1991, a few days after the collapse of the Soviet Union, a referendum took place in Nagorno-Karabakh, and the majority of the population (99.89%) voted for secession from Azerbaijan. 
Afterwards, large-scale military operations began. As a result, Azerbaijan lost control over Nagorno-Karabakh and the seven regions adjacent to it.

Some 30,000 people were killed in this war and about one million people fled their homes.  

On May 12, 1994, the Bishkek cease-fire agreement put an end to the military operations.

Тalks brokered by OSCE Minsk Group are being held over peaceful settlement of the conflict. The group is co-chaired by USA, Russia and France. -0----

http://arka.am/en/ne...enian_premier_/

#816 Yervant1

Yervant1

The True North!

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,603 posts

Posted 15 August 2018 - 10:44 AM

ARKA, Armenia
Aug 14 2018

Armenia vows to suppress Azerbaijani troops’ efforts to regroup in Nakhichevan
a6126a7233d10a61ab99c6238668799d.jpg?153

YEREVAN, August 14. /ARKA/. Azerbaijani troops' attempts  to regroup in Nakhichevan will be suppressed, acting spokesperson for Armenian  Foreign Ministry Anna Naghdalyan said today.

Earlier the press secretary of the Ministry of Defense  Artsrun Hovhannisyan said Armenian troops, deployed along its border with Azerbaijan’s exclave Nakhichevan, opened fire in retaliation to Azerbaijani troops’ provocations.

Anna Naghdalyan said also that the Armenian side informed Azerbaijan through public and other channels that such attempts are unacceptable  and will be suppressed by any means.

The Nakhichevan Autonomous Republic is a historic Armenian territory, now an exclave of Azerbaijan. -0-

http://arka.am/en/ne...in_nakhichevan/

#817 Yervant1

Yervant1

The True North!

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,603 posts

Posted 18 August 2018 - 08:38 AM

Panorama, Armenia
Aug 17 2018

Artsakh soldiers prevent Azerbaijani attack attempt

The Artsakh military has prevented an attack attempted by Azerbaijani forces in the northern direction on Friday.

A group of 15 members of the Azerbaijani armed forces launched an attack attempt towards one of the military positions of the Artsakh Defense Army located in the northern direction on 17 August, at around midnight, the Artsakh Defense Ministry said in a statement. 

The Artsakh frontline units timely detected the advancement of the adversary’s group and pushed them back to their starting positions.

“As a result of the shootout, the Defense Army suffered no losses. The data on the adversary’s losses are being clarified,” the statement says. 

https://www.panorama...-attack/1992094   

#818 Yervant1

Yervant1

The True North!

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,603 posts

Posted 12 February 2019 - 12:17 PM

Panorama, Armenia
Feb 11 2019

New batch of US weapons reportedly sold to Azerbaijan - expert voices concern

Political scientist Suren Sargsyan has published reports stating Azerbaijan has obtained new batch of US weapons amounting for197 million USD. According to Sargsyan, equipment classified as “planes and satellites” at the same value were obtained in September of the previous year.

“This comes to prove we are dealing with a recurring process, yet the matter is not addressed properly as no one is interested in it,” Sargsyan wrote on his Facebook page. To note, in 1992, the U.S. Congress banned non-humanitarian economic aid and weapons sales to Azerbaijan by adopting Section 907 of the Freedom Support Act.

Earlier, on February 4, Israel’s Defense Ministry lifted its ban on exports to Azerbaijan of “kamikaze” drones that are manufactured by an Israeli company accused of hitting Armenian positions in Nagorno Karabakh.
Aeronautics’ export license was suspended after a complaint was filed with the Israeli Defense Ministry.

The Times of Israel newspaper reported that the Defense Ministry returned the export license on Monday, leading the company to inform the Tel Aviv Stock Exchange that the ban on Orbiter 1K sales to its “central customer ‘A’” has been lifted. “The company can continue to supply the UAV to the aforementioned customer as soon as possible,” Aeronautics said in a statement.

https://www.panorama...rbaijan/2071292

#819 Yervant1

Yervant1

The True North!

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,603 posts

Posted 23 February 2019 - 12:02 PM

War monger!

Caspian News

Feb 22 2019

Azerbaijani Envoy Says Force May Be Used To End Nagorno-Karabakh Conflict

By Mushvig Mehdiyev February 22, 2019                                

•  
1550572109_5400186_1550572068_9014437T-9

Russian-made main battle tank T-90 of Azerbaijan army at a military parade in Baku

•  

Azerbaijan and Armenia have been holding negotiations to solve the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict for more than twenty-five years. However, regular fruitless talks for breaking the deadlock diminish the chances that might fetch a political settlement to the protracted conflict.

Azerbaijan’s ambassador to Ukraine, Azer Khudiev, said in an interview with Public Radio of Ukraine on Monday that after years of fruitless dialogue, Azerbaijan could use force to restore its territorial integrity.

“We don’t see constructive steps by the Armenian leadership regarding the conflict’s settlement, they only make ordinary statements,” Khudiev said, according to Trend. “When it comes to concrete negotiations, they demonstrate a non-constructive position,” he said, adding that while Baku desires a peaceful settlement, military options are not off the table.

"Azerbaijan simultaneously allocates a large portion of the state budget funds to strengthen the national army,” Khudiev noted, saying that if negotiations do not produce positive results, “Azerbaijan will use force to restore its territorial integrity.”

Armenia and Azerbaijan have been at odds over the Nagorno-Karabakh region, which belongs to Azerbaijan but was partially populated by ethnic Armenians alongside indigenous Azerbajanis, since the creation of the two modern states in the early 1990s, shortly after the Soviet Union dissolved.

Khudiev said that the conflict is a result of Armenia’s territorial claims to the region, aggressive policy, and a state policy of occupation that aims to create a greater Armenia.

The pending collapse of the Soviet Union in 1991 set the stage for Armenia to start eyeing Azerbaijani lands. After the USSR officially ended, Armenia kicked off military campaign for seizing the Nagorno-Karabakh region which is historically and internationally recognized as the territory of Azerbaijan.

Armenia’s military actions resulted in the occupation of the Nagorno-Karabakh region plus seven surrounding districts – all totaling about 20 percent of Azerbaijan’s landmass – where tens of thousands of ethnic Azerbaijanis were killed and nearly one million people were displaced.

In 1993, the United Nations Security Council passed four legally binding resolutions calling for Armenia to fully withdraw its forces from Azerbaijan. All four go unfulfilled to this day, making any political and peaceful settlement to the conflict practically impossible.

In addition to the UN’s measures, the Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe created a special task force called the Minsk Group, to assist the two warring neighbors in finding a peaceful solution. High-ranking diplomats from the U.S., France and Russia have served as the Minsk Group’s co-chairs, but their efforts have not yielded any positive results so far.

Armenia’s incumbent government led by Prime Minister Nikol Pashinyan put his vision for solving the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict on the table when he took office last April, saying he wants to have the self-appointed separatist regime in the occupied region be part of any negotiation. Officials in Baku, however, have rejected such a demand outright, saying any self-appointed regime in the occupied region is illegitimate.

”Sticking to a position of principle, we are committed to negotiations,” Azerbaijan’s President Ilham Aliyev said in an interview on February 12, reiterating Baku's desire for a peaceful solution. “Today, negotiations are under way between foreign ministers of Armenia and Azerbaijan. Several rounds of negotiations have already been conducted. We hope they will be productive."

“Today, the “might is right” principle prevails in the world. This is a new reality. We must be ready for it,” President Aliyev noted. “Fortunately, we have been building up our economic and military power for many years. We were somewhat preparing ourselves for the current situation and are now ready for it. Therefore, the force factor has always been and will remain on the agenda.”

https://caspiannews....t-2019-2-21-12/

#820 Yervant1

Yervant1

The True North!

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,603 posts

Posted 04 June 2019 - 10:01 AM

Another handsome young Armenian soldier died needlessly by the fire of uncivilized tyrant country.

Rest in peace you son of Armenia. 

Asbarez.com

Artsakh Soldier Killed by Azerbaijani Fire

•  

•  

•  

•  

•  

7 hours ago
default-40.jpg

Private of the Artsakh Defense Army Sipan Melkonyan (born in 2000) was killed by Azerbaijani fire

Private of the Artsakh Defense Army Sipan Melkonyan (born in 2000) was killed by Azerbaijani fire at about 7:30 a.m. on Saturday, the Artsakh Defense Ministry reported.

The incident took place in the southeastern border of Artsakh-Azerbaijan in Martuni.

The defense ministry has launched an official investigation.

Artsakh President Bako Sahakian posthumously awarded Melkonyan the Medal for Service in Battle in recognition of his bravery during the defense of the Artsakh’s state border.

Melkonyan’s killing, once again, brought the long dormant issue of the need for mechanisms to monitor and control ceasefire violation, a topic that was widely discussed following the April 2016 War.

The Artsakh foreign ministry issued a statement condemning Melkonyan’s killing and also warning about Azerbaijan’s disinformation campaign whereby on May 30 Baku falsely claimed that Artsakh forces had killed an Azerbaijani soldier. Azerbaijan’s claim was immediately refuted by the Artsakh defense ministry.

“On June 1, the Azerbaijan blatantly violated the cease-fire regime, as a result of which a serviceman of the Artsakh Defence Army was killed. This premeditated killing was preceded by a disinformation campaign with fabricated accusations against Artsakh of alleged shooting of positions of the Azerbaijani army, which allegedly resulted in the death of an Azerbaijani serviceman,” said the Artsakh foreign ministry statement.

“It is evident that this disinformation campaign by Azerbaijan aimed to create the necessary background for the subsequent violation of the cease-fire. Both episodes are links in the same chain and may indicate Azerbaijan’s unwillingness to comply with its obligations to strengthen the cease-fire,” observed the Artsakh foreign ministry.

“The attempt by the Azerbaijan to initiate an escalation of tension serves as yet another example of the urgency to introduce an international mechanism to control the cease-fire in the Karabakh conflict zone. As part of these efforts, it is necessary to finally start the implementation of the agreements reached in Vienna and St. Petersburg in 2016 on investigating possible cease-fire violations, as well as on expansion of the office of the Personal Representative of the OSCE Chairperson-in-Office with a view to increasing their monitoring capacities,” said the Artsakh foreign ministry, which added that such a mechanism will allow a prompt response to violations, curtail mutual accusation of ceasefire violations and prevent the escalation of tension under false pretenses.

Armenia’s foreign ministry echoed the need for the monitoring mechanism and reiterated Yerevan’s commitment to the Karabakh peace process.

“The proposal to establish an atmosphere conducive to peace came from Armenia. Therefore, the Armenian side cannot turn down its own offer. Armenia and Artsakh are loyal to their commitments,” said Armenian Foreign Ministry spokesperson Anna Naghdalyan.

She said it would be impossible to disseminate disinformation had an investigation mechanism been in place. She reminded that the mechanism has not been implemented because of Azerbaijan.

“By disseminating fake news, Baku is trying to lay the burden of its non-constructive policy on Armenia and Artsakh,” said Naghdalyan referring to Azerbaijan’s false claim of an attack by Artsakh forces.

http://asbarez.com/1...-g-XSyScB9K22Oc

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users