• Please log in to reply
194 replies to this topic

#1 shiner

shiner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 14 August 2004 - 01:51 PM

The upcoming election in the US boils down to a very simple fact: the only reason to vote for Kerry is hating Bush.

Thus Kerry will not take a stand on anything and will be as vague as possible in order to not upset anyone. His only hope to get elected is Bush dislike.

It's impossible to vote for Kerry because you agree with him. There is absolutely nothing to agree (or disagree) with, because he has no stand on anything.

While the above might come back to haunt a candidate, in this case it might not because the masses (who the Democrats pander to) don't have a thought process complex enough to realize this. And as always the masses outnumber the nonmasses.

#2 bellthecat

bellthecat

A poor kitty, lost in the rain.

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,643 posts
  • Interests:mreowing purring snuggling sleeping

Posted 14 August 2004 - 02:24 PM

QUOTE (shiner @ Aug 14 2004, 07:51 PM)
the masses (who the Democrats pander to) don't have a thought process complex enough to realize this. And as always the masses outnumber the nonmasses.

So if the masses here tell you that we are not at all interested in reading sad, juvenile and shitty little postings from a nonmass like yourself, will you take a hike and leave for good? I hope so. mad.gif

#3 shiner

shiner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 14 August 2004 - 02:55 PM

Steve,
You bring up a very interesting question: Should the masses go uncontested?

In other words should everyone give in to the masses automatically no matter what the cost?

#4 Armat

Armat

A R M A T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 14 August 2004 - 11:31 PM

Shiner
Kerry did a great job on Armenian issues even helping other Armenian politicians such as STATE REPRESENTATIVE
RACHEL KAPRIELIAN get elected here in my home state Mass. This is a public record. You seem to read Republican rhetoric from news media. Kerry is clear on Iraq and domestic issues. I don’t consider myself mainstream whatever but realistically does voting Ralph Nadir would have any impact? None! In greater context. Choosing to vote for Kerry does not mean “brainwashed masses” choosing to keep the statue quote is the real brainwashing specially when Bush had no reason to invade Iraq other then neo con objectives that are inherently serve towards misguided principles.
Worth reading his speech.
http://www.johnkerry..._2004_0729.html
No deferance?Read closely.

Edited by Armat, 14 August 2004 - 11:37 PM.

#5 ED

ED

Քեռի

• Nobility
  • 5,960 posts
  • Interests:Music, traveling, Salvador Dali, Tolstoy, Sevak, Charents
    wine, sushi and lots lots more

Posted 18 August 2004 - 11:35 AM

sometime I wonder how much more rediculios those guys would get
its somewhat funny also

By BOBBY ROSS JR., Associated Press Writer
AUSTIN, Texas - Just a few miles from George W. Bush's former office at the state Capitol, a panel of religious experts weighed a question with relevance to many people of faith: How would Jesus vote?
It's a complex topic that can't be boiled down to simple political terms, said religious leaders who attended a Texas Faith Network conference in Austin on Tuesday. Many at the conference voiced concerns that the religious right dominates discussions of faith and morality in politics. They complained that issues such as abortion and gay marriage seem to take priority over hunger, corporate crime and even the war in Iraq (news - web sites).
James C. Moore, co-author of "Bush's Brain: How Karl Rove Made George Bush Presidential," drew laughter and applause when he offered his view to the moderate to left-leaning crowd of about 250 clergy and lay leaders.
"If ever there were a bleeding-heart liberal, it was Jesus Christ," Moore said at Congregation Agudas Achim synagogue. "I think the carpenter from Galilee was the original Democrat."
Some research has found that white Christians who attend worship services at least once a week are far more likely to vote Republican, while less frequent worshippers and those who are not religious tend to lean Democratic. Many analysts have criticized Democrats for failing to more effectively reach religious voters.
"The sound bites and the headlines have co-opted people of faith," said the Rev. Tom Heger, pastor of St. John's Presbyterian Church in Manchaca, south of Austin. "It would be a surprise to a lot of folks to discover that there are some very faithful, regular church attendees who aren't going to vote for Bush."
Conservative pastors such as Jerry Falwell and Pat Robertson "would have us believe that morality is all about where you stand on abortion, how you treat homosexuals. I think that is simply wrong," said John D. Moyers, senior fellow at the Washington-based Center for American Progress.
The presidential race pits President Bush (news - web sites), a Republican who openly professes his evangelical Christian beliefs, against Democratic Sen. John Kerry (news - web sites) of Massachusetts, a Roman Catholic who is more hesitant to discuss his faith publicly.
The Rev. Timothy Tutt, pastor of United Christian Church in Austin, declined to say whom he will support in November, but balked at the perception that Bush is the only choice for people of faith.

#6 ED

ED

Քեռի

• Nobility
  • 5,960 posts
  • Interests:Music, traveling, Salvador Dali, Tolstoy, Sevak, Charents
    wine, sushi and lots lots more

Posted 31 October 2004 - 10:20 PM

Amen!!!!

#7 Azat

Azat

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,969 posts
  • Interests:wine, beer, food, art, jokes

Posted 01 November 2004 - 01:04 AM

http://freetune.com/...BrainTenYrs.mov

#8 Arpa

Arpa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,011 posts
  • Interests:Culture

Posted 01 November 2004 - 07:50 AM

QUOTE (Edward @ Nov 1 2004, 04:20 AM)
Amen!!!!

I couldn't quite make out which fickle finger of fate that was.

Is it the ptamat, tsutsamat or the ubiquitous mijnemat?

lol2.gif

punk.gif

nono.gif

thumbsup.gif

thumbup.gif

#9 joseph parikian

joseph parikian

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 442 posts

Posted 01 November 2004 - 10:19 AM

JOB APPLICATION

NAME:
John Kerry

RESIDENCE:

7 mansions, including one in Washington DC, worth multi-millions.

I served in Vietnam (four months).

EXPERIENCE:
Law Enforcement. In my career as a U.S. Senator, I've voted to cut every law enforcement, CIA, and Defense bill. I ordered the city of Boston to remove a fire hydrant in front of my mansion, thereby endangering my neighbors in the event of fire. I served in Vietnam
(four months).

MILITARY:
I served in Vietnam (four months). I used three minor injuries to get an early discharge from the military and service in Vietnam (as documented by the attending doctor). I served in Vietnam (four months). I then returned to the U.S., joined Jane Fonda in protesting the war, and insulted returning Vietnam vets, claiming they committed> atrocities and were baby killers. I served in Vietnam (four months). I threw my ribbons, or something away in protest. Or did I? (I kept the medals) My book "Vietnam Veterans Against the War: The New Soldier", shows how I truly feel about the military. I served in Vietnam (four months).

COLLEGE:
I graduated from Yale University with a low C average. Unlike my counterpart George Bush, I have no higher education and did not get admitted to Harvard nor graduate with an M.B.A

PAST WORK EXPERIENCE:
After College and Vietnam, I ran for the U.S. Congress and have been there ever since. I have no real world experience except marrying very rich women and running their companies vicariously through them. I served in Vietnam (four months).

ACCOMPLISHMENTS:
As a U.S. Senator I set the record for the most liberal voting record, exceeding even Ted Kennedy and Hillary Clinton. I have consistently failed to support our military and CIA by voting against their budgets, thus gutting our country's ability to defend itself. Although I voted for the Iraq War, now I am against it and refuse to admit that I voted for it. I voted for every liberal piece of legislation. I have no plan to help this country but I intend to raise taxes significantly if I am elected. I served in Vietnam (four months).

My wealth so far exceeds that of my counterpart, George Bush, that he will never catch up.

I make little or no charitable contributions and have never agreed to pay any voluntary excess taxes in Massachusetts, despite family wealth in excess of $ 700 million. I served in Vietnam (four months).
I (we) own 28 manufacturing plants (Heinz) outside of the U.S. in places like Asia, Mexico and Europe. We can make more profit from the cheaper cost of labor in those Countries, although I blame George Bush for sending all of the other jobs out of Country. I served in
Vietnam (four months).
Although I claim to be in favor of alternative energy sources, Ted Kennedy and I oppose windmills off Nantucket and Martha's Vineyard as it might spoil our view of the ocean as we cruise on our yachts. I served in Vietnam (four months).

RECORDS AND REFERENCES:
None. However, I served in Vietnam (four months).

PERSONAL:

I practice my Catholic faith whenever cameras are present. I ride a Serotta Bike. I love to ski/snowboard. I call my Gulfstream V Jet the "Flying Squirrel". I call my $850,000 42-foot Hinckley twin diesel yacht the "Scarmouche".
I am fascinated by rap and hip-hop and feel it reflects our real culture.
I own several "Large" SUVs including one parked at my Nantucket summer mansion, though I am against large, polluting, inefficient vehicles and blame George Bush for our energy problems. I served in Vietnam (four months).

PLEASE CONSIDER MY EXPERIENCE WHEN VOTING IN 2004.

#10 Nakharar

Nakharar

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 01 November 2004 - 10:42 AM

So what if he married money and never had a decent job? I can think of others such as Republican John Warner, another carpetbagger who married a very rich woman Catherine Mellon, daughter of Paul Mellon, of the famed Pittsburg Mellons. After he divorced her, his very generous father-in-law gave him a fortune, which was what he needed to launch his political career. His second wife Liz Taylor got him the job.

Edited by Nakharar, 01 November 2004 - 10:43 AM.

#11 dianjan

dianjan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 01 November 2004 - 01:14 PM

QUOTE (shiner @ Aug 14 2004, 03:51 PM)
The upcoming election in the US boils down to a very simple fact: the only reason to vote for Kerry is hating Bush.

Doesn't matter what kind of resume Kerry has, it's still Better then bush's. I am very uncomfortable with having a president who can't speak English, and who's a dumb as a dook knob. PLEASE PLEASE VOTE FOR KERRY. We need to get bush out of office.

#12 Harut

Harut

Վերնագիր

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,734 posts
  • Interests:uninterested...

Posted 01 November 2004 - 01:29 PM

QUOTE (dianjan @ Nov 1 2004, 12:14 PM)
Doesn't matter what kind of resume Kerry has, it's still Better then bush's.

faulty logic...

#13 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,196 posts

Posted 01 November 2004 - 02:01 PM

did not knwo that bush even had a resume.

#14 dianjan

dianjan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 01 November 2004 - 02:14 PM

QUOTE (Harut @ Nov 1 2004, 03:29 PM)
faulty logic...

Please explain....

#15 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,196 posts

Posted 01 November 2004 - 02:16 PM

yes HArout please do explain
and MAnramasn aper please

#16 Nakharar

Nakharar

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 01 November 2004 - 02:19 PM

QUOTE (MosJan @ Nov 1 2004, 09:01 PM)
did not  knwo that bush even  had a  resume.

http://hyeforum.com/...showtopic=10137 biggrin.gif

#17 Stormig

Stormig

Still water runs deep...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,745 posts

Posted 01 November 2004 - 02:22 PM

Even a street bum can have a resume. Oh sorry, shouldn't be so hard on Bush.

#18 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,196 posts

Posted 01 November 2004 - 02:23 PM

QUOTE (Nakharar @ Nov 1 2004, 01:19 PM)

lol2.gif

#19 Harut

Harut

Վերնագիր

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,734 posts
  • Interests:uninterested...

Posted 01 November 2004 - 03:07 PM

QUOTE (dianjan @ Nov 1 2004, 12:14 PM)
Doesn't matter what kind of resume Kerry has, it's still Better then bush's.

QUOTE (Harut @ Nov 1 2004, 12:29 PM)
faulty logic...

QUOTE (dianjan @ Nov 1 2004, 01:14 PM)
Please explain....

i won't go into philosophical details... will just point out that it DOES matter.

if i was john kerry, my resume wouldn't be better than bush's, for example...

Edited by Harut, 01 November 2004 - 03:07 PM.

#20 dianjan

dianjan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 01 November 2004 - 03:12 PM

QUOTE (Harut @ Nov 1 2004, 05:07 PM)
i won't go into philosophical details... will just point out that it DOES matter.

if i was john kerry, my resume wouldn't be better than bush's, for example...

Kerry's resume might not be an impressive resume by many standards. However, I think that we need to go back and review the first post. The only reason to vote for Kerry is hating Bush. Unfortunatelly, we're picking the lesser of two evils in this election.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users