• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#21 Anoushik

Anoushik

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,973 posts
  • Interests:Armenians, music, philosophy...

Posted 19 November 2004 - 02:17 PM

This happened two years ago:

I was the page-turner for my teacher's piano trio. (As you all know, the page-turners are supposed to get on the stage quietly after the performers have taken bows and the applause have stopped and also, after the performance when the soloists leave then the page-turner exits immediately.) ...Well... I was taken by surprise when suddenly the trio decided to exit after the very first, and relatively short, performance and I didn't have time to react to leave the stage after them wallbash.gif So... My most humiliating ten seconds I spent sitting on the stage under the bright lights as the audience kept applauding and I had no idea what to do. What's worse, I turned to see my piano teacher looking at me with a stunned expression on his face. I thought I was going to die of humiliation. Well... they came back and the recital continued laugh.gif

Even to this day when I remember this incidents I cringe. This was my most embarrassing moment on stage and I wasn't even performing! mad.gif tongue.gif

#22 Armen

Armen

Veterinarian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,456 posts

Posted 19 November 2004 - 02:20 PM

QUOTE (anoushik @ Nov 19 2004, 02:17 PM)
This happened two years ago:

I was the page-turner for my teacher's piano trio. (As you all know, the page-turners are supposed to get on the stage quietly after the performers have taken bows and the applause have stopped and also, after the performance when the soloists leave then the page-turner exits immediately.) ...Well... I was taken by surprise when suddenly the trio decided to exit after the very first, and relatively short, performance and I didn't have time to react to leave the stage after them wallbash.gif  So... My most humiliating ten seconds I spent sitting on the stage under the bright lights as the audience kept applauding and I had no idea what to do. What's worse, I turned to see my piano teacher looking at me with a stunned expression on his face. I thought I was going to die of humiliation. Well... they came back and the recital continued laugh.gif

Even to this day when I remember this incidents I cringe. This was my most embarrassing moment on stage and I wasn't even performing!  mad.gif  tongue.gif

Anoushik, you could have bowed to the audience as if you performed the whole thing... smile.gif

#23 Anoushik

Anoushik

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,973 posts

Posted 19 November 2004 - 02:23 PM

QUOTE (Armen @ Nov 19 2004, 12:20 PM)
Anoushik, you could have bowed to the audience as if you performed the whole thing... smile.gif

Ha ha, no one would've asked me to be a page-turner after that biggrin.gif ... Wait a minute, no one has ever since tongue.gif

PS. Actually, I hated being a page-turner because I only paid attention to my teacher's piano part when otherwise I could've enjoyed a very good recital.

#24 dianjan

dianjan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 19 November 2004 - 02:31 PM

This is very hard, but I decided to share my very embarassing moment tongue.gif
When I was in high school I used to be on the dance team. At the holiday concert in school I had a lead in one of the performances, dancing to "Sleigh Ride". Well, everything was going great until the last few minutes, where I had to leap into my partner's arms. Well, I missed his arms and I fell on stage in front of everyone. I was in 9th grade then, and I thought that my life as I know it was over. But, people were nice, and even though some of my friends still remind me about that, everything turned out to be OK.

#25 Stormig

Stormig

Still water runs deep...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,745 posts

Posted 18 December 2004 - 11:01 AM

This is something that happened within the last year and makes me chuckle even now. smile.gif
I was at my boyfriend's. It was a sleepy Sunday afternoon and we were down in the living room, watching TV with his house-mate.
I was in a rather "frisky" mood that day and I invited him upstairs.
So we went at it and by the time I was done I noticed that while you usually heard Indian type of music from next door, this time you had the radio turned on to some usual station at the other neighbour's house. I made a remark about this and then went to the bathroom.
Around midnight I went to the bathroom again to brush my teeth. And what do I see? My relatively new seven-inch vibrator, hot-pink, on the shelf where I had put it after washing it while I cleaned myself up. I had forgotten it and gone back downstairs, and throughout the day, both of his housemates had visited the bathroom.
I went to bed, laughing my arse off silly. He came in and asked me what had happened. I told him and soon enough we were both giggling freaks. He told me that the music in the afternoon had been turned on when his housemate went to her room and was probably for her to not hear me. Funny how I had thought what came from downstairs to be from next door. I surmised that she deserved a "punishment" for it and that he should go to his other room mate and ask him if he had seen her pink vibrator on the shelf. biggrin.gif laugh.gif tongue.gif
It WAS embarrassing, but I was laughing about it into my sleep. It certainly was funnier than some of the things I say when drunk and which have kept my co-worker from letting his wife sleep while he giggles his way into 5 AM. :|

Edited by Stormig, 18 December 2004 - 11:03 AM.

#26 ED

ED

Քեռի

• Nobility
  • 5,960 posts
  • Interests:Music, traveling, Salvador Dali, Tolstoy, Sevak, Charents
    wine, sushi and lots lots more

Posted 18 December 2004 - 11:38 AM

why dont you return the imberasment and get her a 10 inch vibrator for her birtday, that will turn her red hot, but this part i dident get, you had you boyfriend and a vibrator at the same time? huh.gif

#27 Stormig

Stormig

Still water runs deep...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,745 posts

Posted 18 December 2004 - 11:52 AM

QUOTE (Edward @ Dec 18 2004, 05:38 PM)
why dont you return the imberasment and get her a 10 inch vibrator for her birtday, that will turn her red hot, but this part i dident get, you had you boyfriend and a vibrator at the same time? huh.gif

Everyone asks this question. smile.gif

#28 Anileve

Anileve

Epicure Maximus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,201 posts
  • Interests:Running around at dawn and poking innocent bystanders with pipe cleaners.

Posted 19 December 2004 - 01:40 AM

QUOTE (Stormig @ Dec 18 2004, 01:01 PM)
This is something that happened within the last year and makes me chuckle even now. smile.gif
I was at my boyfriend's. It was a sleepy Sunday afternoon and we were down in the living room, watching TV with his house-mate.
I was in a rather "frisky" mood that day and I invited him upstairs.
So we went at it and by the time I was done I noticed that while you usually heard Indian type of music from next door, this time you had the radio turned on to some usual station at the other neighbour's house. I made a remark about this and then went to the bathroom.
Around midnight I went to the bathroom again to brush my teeth. And what do I see? My relatively new seven-inch vibrator, hot-pink, on the shelf where I had put it after washing it while I cleaned myself up. I had forgotten it and gone back downstairs, and throughout the day, both of his housemates had visited the bathroom.
I went to bed, laughing my arse off silly. He came in and asked me what had happened. I told him and soon enough we were both giggling freaks. He told me that the music in the afternoon had been turned on when his housemate went to her room and was probably for her to not hear me. Funny how I had thought what came from downstairs to be from next door. I surmised that she deserved a "punishment" for it and that he should go to his other room mate and ask him if he had seen her pink vibrator on the shelf. biggrin.gif laugh.gif tongue.gif
It WAS embarrassing, but I was laughing about it into my sleep. It certainly was funnier than some of the things I say when drunk and which have kept my co-worker from letting his wife sleep while he giggles his way into 5 AM. :|

laugh.gif Who knows, maybe you have contributed something to her shopping list.

You know, I vaguely remember your excited impressions of a brand new toy. Now, I am wondering if this is the toy you’ve purchased for your “niece.” Because it must be the darnest coincidence, I’ve purchased that one for MY niece.

http://cgi.ebay.com/...6138633657&rd=1

#29 Stormig

Stormig

Still water runs deep...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,745 posts

Posted 19 December 2004 - 12:36 PM

Hmmmmmmm, a bunny, eh? biggrin.gif

#30 Stormig

Stormig

Still water runs deep...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,745 posts

Posted 07 December 2006 - 06:47 AM

Let's revive this thread after nearly two years.
On the way back from vacation (on my first day back at work), intoxicated with fun and adventure, I greeted a superior with the same cheerful "Wassup???" I did everyone else at work up until that moment. Noticing the look on his face and feeling the bristling of goose-bumps of everyone else present, I realised what I had done, backtracked, said, "Oops, sorry, I had meant to say, 'How are you?'"... People still talk about it today. biggrin.gif

#31 Sip

Sip

Buffet Connoisseur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,366 posts

Posted 07 December 2006 - 12:22 PM

I once had my little brother help me with some work under my truck. We were both crawled under the rear springs and I had him hold it in place while I tried to tighten the bolts. In one mement I had to grab a different wrench so I left a wrench hanging from the bolt I was trying to tighten and reached for the other wrench on the floor.

Before I knew it, that wrench I had left on the bolt had slipped off and smacked my poor brother right on his forehead oops.gif

Here's a picture of the aftermath

Then this other time I shot him in the ass with a bb gun while he went on to the shore from the house boat to make some noise so the field mice would start to run around. But that was intentional. smile.gif

#32 Anoushik

Anoushik

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,973 posts

Posted 07 December 2006 - 02:08 PM

Well, I have another moment that's almost as worse as the other one I wrote. Except, here there was no audience.

Last semester at college was the hardest for me. I had a rough start. My counselor informed me that I had to take more units than I thought, and I needed to take a class that they didn't offer anymore (yep, pretty messed up, what we college students have to deal with besides studying). Anyway, so the first two weeks was a nightmare, with me running from one department chair to the next, trying to put my schedule together.

I had to meet the music history department chair. So I go upstairs, completely drowning in my thoughts, trying to figure out how to explain my situation. And I see this tall, huge professor (and I'm short) in the hallway, getting out from the men's restroom, seemingly going to his office, where I'm about to go. I stop him, call his name, Dr. Ongaro, and immediately get into my situation. He listens patiently. Then, he opens his mouth. To my horror he says: "I'm not Prof. Ongaro, I'm Dr. Dehning". !!!???!!! Of course! The horrible part is that before he say's "I'm Dr. Dehning" I realize that it is indeed Dr. Dehning. He's our choral conducting professor, who's always around and has seen me for the past two years. Likewise, I've seen him for the past two years. And if this is not enough, the case with the other professor, Prof. Ongaro, is that he was my music history teacher right the semester before! I know what he looks like, and Ongaro and Dehning look nothing alike, except that they're both tall. I just wanted to die. So I stammer something like ... "ahm, yes, I'm sorry, ahm, I didn't notice, ahm, where's Prof. Ongaro's office?" and he points to the office that's right next door to him. It's horrible when one experiences such moments. Now it's funny, but then it wasn't.

Immediately, after I was done with Ongaro, I get into the college shuttle taking me to the parking and start calling around on my cell. I really wanted to talk to someone. No one's available. Except for my mom. When I tell her I get almost hysterical with laughter, especially when I tell her that I had a whole semester with Ongaro. All the students in the shuttle were looking at me surprised, I was laughing so hard.

#33 Armenak

Armenak

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 816 posts

Posted 07 December 2006 - 05:05 PM

QUOTE(Sip @ Dec 7 2006, 10:22 AM) View Post

That looks painful.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users