• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 gamavor

gamavor

-= Nobility =-

• Nobility
  • 5,049 posts

Posted 10 September 2019 - 03:47 PM

All true, although the trash problem is related more to the outskirts of Yerevan. Armenia desperately needs modern trash management and not just private company concessions, but modern facilities that utilize the trash. The separation of the trash is in its infancy, but I have witnessed outside of Yerevan at few points (gas stations) separate bins for paper, plastic, etc..
About the traffic - 100% agree. Honking resembles the MIddle east where there are no rules at all. I wonder why the police did not penalize those that push the hong without reason. That way they can fill up the budget. The latest amends to traffic laws are a joke. They want to introduce 9 penalty points and the end result would be eventually suspension of the driver's license for 3 months. Total joke. In Armenia, more people die on the roads than in the war zone with Azerbaijan.
And the third point about the girls - again very true. I believe this is Caucasian or more like Eastern Armenian thing. They stare at girls, especially good looking, as if they want to eat them:)Not all of course, but this is something that you cannot ignore.
  • onjig likes this

#2 onjig

onjig

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts
  • Location:Ranch in Sierra Nevada Mountains, California, Ranch in Nevada
  • Interests:Family, Armenia, Armenians,skiing, crop, too much to list.

Posted 11 September 2019 - 09:46 AM

Driving habits ~ true ~ driving is crazy ~ AND TRASH ~ We stayed a few months in Arabkir, ~ plastic water bottles were in mass everywhere along with paper and other junk ~ we spent 3 days cleaning the if front of Saint Gregory Cathedral ~ the vendors who set up shop right outside the Church dumped their trash in areas intended for trees and flowers aside the walkway to the Church ~ a vendor did let us use his trash bins ~ that was nice ```

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users