The Tradition Of Red Apple

• Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

#81 Nairian

Nairian

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
  • Interests:Literature, Movies, Poker, Music, Hiking...

Posted 06 January 2010 - 09:29 AM

Oh, it IS an old thread!
Arpa had renewed it with that poem :)

#82 Arpa

Arpa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,011 posts
  • Interests:Culture

Posted 06 January 2010 - 11:03 AM

Oh, it IS an old thread!
Arpa had renewed it with that poem :)

Dear Nairian, a belated WARM WELCOME to you.
Yes! We need a new "fresh breath of air" here!
You seem to be well versed in the Armenian and English languages.
Sadly. You will be deeply diasppointed to see that many of us are rather obsessed about "rabiz" V "rubbish". Sadlly. You have arrived here when this Site is in a comatose deathbed, just as most and many other Armenian Forums have run out of "breath", now that the "genocide" has become a matter of "debate.
Do Armenians know any other word, other than "kenotsit"?
WHAT?? AFTER the "genocide" is resolved that WE perpetrated it to the furks and asseris?
Then, WHAT DO WE TALK ABOUT?
You seem to be well worsed in our culture and language.
TOO BAD! You arrived here when after many of our better writers resigned, or banned for expressing their "heretic" opinions. I may be the only "heretic" left here. So, please fire away, tell us how WE are the "first" people that yehovah/jewhova/gagovah created. And that WE WERE/are CHRISTIANS.
Are we really Chrstians? Then why are we staying aside when the entire WORLD celebrates Christmas on Dec. 25, the entire world, including Christians, Molems and Budhists
Is that why Armenia is one zillionth the size of the world map?
Yeah! Yeah! Keep telling us how Armenia is the Center of the Universe!!!

Edited by Arpa, 07 January 2010 - 08:34 AM.

#83 Harut

Harut

Վերնագիր

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,734 posts
  • Interests:uninterested...

Posted 06 January 2010 - 05:04 PM

Nairian jan, you found a really old thread. :) I didn't know Harut back then as I had only been on the forum a short while when that was posted. I didn't think his comment was funny in the least (nor the topic of the thread). Had he posted this lately, I may have taken a different approach in my response to him. :) Relative to equality, I think men and women are different so they cannot ever be equal. I like for men to be men and women to act like women. I just believe some "rights" are (or should be) common to all human beings regardless of one's gender. :)

Regarding the tradition, I think it is outdated and though still widely practiced in some Armenian communities, I think it's distasteful in this day and age. Especially in instances wherein the couple has "known" each other for many years. ;)

This is not a very popular topic for obvious reasons. I shall refrain from elaborating. :)

are you saying you don't take me seriously anymore?

#84 Nairian

Nairian

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
  • Interests:Literature, Movies, Poker, Music, Hiking...

Posted 06 January 2010 - 09:49 PM

Thank you, dear Arpa,
I did notice that the forum is not very active and there are only 8.5 active users, but I'm glad to be here.
As for the genocide, Armenians do seem to be better at getting together for sad reasons rather than happy ones. "Gna meri, ari sirem" characterizes this trait of the nation so well.
But we still pretend in front of others that we're the best. May it be so :)

Edited by Nairian, 06 January 2010 - 09:49 PM.

#85 Em

Em

Em

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,371 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 12:24 AM

are you saying you don't take me seriously anymore?

Not at all but I would be more likely to excuse your poor taste in humor. :-) Kidding. :-)

#86 MadamGarfild

MadamGarfild

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
  • Interests:open your hart to me and i will open the dors to your Fortune <br />Do you know yourself? If not, then take moment <br />and find out. You might Just find some truth in it nonetheless

Posted 07 January 2010 - 01:02 AM

Achqis iystegh im ognutyan kariq ka, sireliner miq qashveq, azat dimeq Madam GArfildin yev dzer bolor bolor xndzorneri xndirner kanhetanan...

BUgdan asum e wor, Arqayazn Haroutik' ir spitak BMW'v xndzori xnddirner chuini yes amis, sakayn kunena April yev Mayis Amisnerin, Arqayaznin xorhurd e trvum, heru mnal, kamramaz & anmaz xndzornerits, iren aveli qich xndirner k'tan tandzikner yve balikner'

Arqayaz Haroutik please papyal $55

#87 Arpa

Arpa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,011 posts
  • Interests:Culture

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:05 AM

&#12288;
Its been a long time since we have had semi-serious discussions here. Let’s see if we can re-inject some life into this forum which has been in a deep coma of late. Get away from dolma, basturma and other such garbage furkish talk.
See if we have matured more since this thread began. Many of the participants are still here, some, who may have been in their teens at the rime would be in their mid-twenties or older, perhaps even married in their turn.. Let us see if things have changed since.
When Harut initiated this innocent topic** he was talking about the Teacher Apple tradition, but it proceeded and wandered away.
Those who cannot read and understand the Armenian posts, most of them are sometime silly jokes and anecdotes. There also are some serious comments as well.
Getting back to the origin of the Apple*** and social mores , see where it originates;
http://www.logodesig...-apple-logo.jpg
http://upload.wikime...Art_Project.jpg
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adam_and_Eve

** Teacher apple tradition. Some say that at one time, just as now teachers were compensated so poorly, so the equally poor farmers’ only gift would be not money but the FRUIT of their labor.
***Some Armenians insist that Eve presented Adam the Fig., and in turn Adam presented her a banana (adamatuz) Literally “adam‘s fig“.***. I will not go into the graphic details. Use your imagination, observe the picture of an overripe fig from the bottom.. In the Armenian language “fig/tuz” is a euphemism for the female organ. Amot!!.

*** See #s 65 and 66 here . http://hyeforum.com/index.php?showtopic=18907&st=60
http://us.cdn3.123rf.com/168nwm/jimdeli/jimdeli0910/jimdeli091000315/5774689-higos.jpg
http://askville.amazon.com/relation-apple-school/AnswerViewer.do?requestId=60956326

Edited by Arpa, 07 February 2013 - 10:17 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users