Posted 16 March 2002 - 11:46 AM

Posted Image
Narek.com

Length: 137 min / Color / System: NTSC

Directed by Frunze Dovlatyan
Based on story by Hrachia Kochar
Screenplay by Rouben Hovsepyan & Henrik Malyan
Music by Martin Vartazaryan

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cast
Rafael Atoyan, G. Novents, A. Melikjanyan, H. Kartashyan, L. Sharafyan

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Review
During the 1915 Genocide, many Armenian fled to Eastern Armenia looking for help and relief from Russia. Several years later the new Communist rulers "donated" a huge chunk of Armenian land to Ottoman Turkey, thus cutting any hopes for Armenians to revive their old cities and villages.
Arakel Aloyan is one of the Armenians who witnessed his village burnt and women raped, fled to the East to begin a new life in Soviet Armenia... but still yearns for his home village that is now in Turkey. Nostalgia makes him to cross the Soviet border to visit the tombs of his parents, to kiss the remaining walls of the church. The Soviet government considers that as "Spying against the Nation".

#2 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,403 posts

Posted 16 March 2002 - 11:51 AM

it's one of my most fevered movies. for many years I was only able to find one duplicate, but now good folks at Sharm have digitally re-mastered the film, the quantity is outstanding.

it's nice to see companies like Sharm - Paradise MGN - GTAK spending money and time to preserve what we have,

#3 Samjan

Samjan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 16 March 2002 - 03:24 PM

I want to say to everyone out there that this is one of the best movies I've seen in my life. Excellent story, script, characters, acting, simply fantastic!! Worthy of an award!

#4 Helios

Helios

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 18 January 2005 - 03:29 AM

Wow. I just watched this movie and I loved it. It's such a sad story. Everybody should see it. It once again reminds us of both, the Soviet and Turkish horrors.

#5 Zartonk

Zartonk

Magnificent!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,764 posts

Posted 21 April 2005 - 06:48 PM

This is indeed one great film. The main thing I recall is that it reminded my grandmother of her own childhood in Communist Russia and brought tears to her eyes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users