#1 nairi

nairi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,704 posts

Posted 12 November 2006 - 03:29 PM

mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif

I'm so so so tired of this stupid encoding BS. Why not with CDs (or, thank god not with CDs!!!), but with DVDs?? Yeah, yeah, commerce, money, money, money. Alrighty, we get it. But what of us poor people in Europe who have NO access to some of the best films because they have not come out in region 2?? Or are sold for ten times the price an American would pay for region 1 DVDs?? Right, so we do have access to region-free DVD-players, legally. Nice price for anyone who can afford one of those. And there are illegal programs to crack your one-region DVD-player. Anyone know of good ones? I'm so goddamn tired of having to get a simple film that is not available in region 2. How retarded are Europeans? So among others I'm looking for a region 2 DVD version of "Nran guyn@/The Color of Pomegranates" and "Turk 182." Anyone know of any? Where??? If no one knows, then please, you brainy computer nerds, give me a crack code, will you?

#2 Boghos

Boghos

-= Mr Nobility =-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts
  • Interests:literature, cinema, chess, history

Posted 12 November 2006 - 03:45 PM

QUOTE(nairi @ Nov 12 2006, 07:29 PM) View Post
mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif

I'm so so so tired of this stupid encoding BS. Why not with CDs (or, thank god not with CDs!!!), but with DVDs?? Yeah, yeah, commerce, money, money, money. Alrighty, we get it. But what of us poor people in Europe who have NO access to some of the best films because they have not come out in region 2?? Or are sold for ten times the price an American would pay for region 1 DVDs?? Right, so we do have access to region-free DVD-players, legally. Nice price for anyone who can afford one of those. And there are illegal programs to crack your one-region DVD-player. Anyone know of good ones? I'm so goddamn tired of having to get a simple film that is not available in region 2. How retarded are Europeans? So among others I'm looking for a region 2 DVD version of "Nran guyn@/The Color of Pomegranates" and "Turk 182." Anyone know of any? Where??? If no one knows, then please, you brainy computer nerds, give me a crack code, will you?

Dear nairi,

For the great majority of DVD players this is very simple, you can just google your DVD player and "code". Most are available in the internet for free. It is usually very simple to unlock a DVD player using a few remote control commands although a few seem to require more elaborate procedures.

Edited by Boghos, 12 November 2006 - 03:49 PM.

#3 Sip

Sip

Buffet Connoisseur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,365 posts

Posted 12 November 2006 - 04:51 PM

VLC media player for Mac OS X

You're welcome. ... but that's as much as I know about MACs. Obviously it would be much easier to get around region crap on a PC. smile.gif ... Also what Boghos said is good advice. Just google your dvd player to find how to change the region on it.

Edited by Sip, 12 November 2006 - 04:55 PM.

#4 nairi

nairi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,704 posts

Posted 13 November 2006 - 07:22 PM

Thank you!

The region code crack for my DVD player seems more difficult than I hoped. I need to get some sort of weird remote first.

The software works, though for another purpose! I can finally watch .avi files without them going a-synchronical on me. I don't have a DVD-drive, but I sent the link to my daddy-o and he'll be checking if it works on his computer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users