#1 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,342 posts

Posted 13 February 2006 - 12:10 PM

ĎARMENIAN SUPERSTARí CONTEST ON SHANT TV

Shant TV Company gained the right to broadcast the Armenian version of world famous "Idles" TV project. This British contest is aired in USA, Russia ("Narodni Artist"), Kazakhstan and in Armenia beginning from today. The Armenian version will be called "Armenian Super Star." At the presentation yesterday it transpired that the initial selection of participants will take place in Gyumri, Vanadzor, Yerevan and Stepanakert. Over time 1000 participants will be gradually shortlisted to 80, 30, 11, 2 and the winner will be announced at the end. The jury of the contest will include Mikael Poghosian, Yegor Glumov and Naira Gurjianian.

The participants should have no experience on a professional stage and should perform one pop song. The organizers hope that this project will bring in new standards in the musical TV shows.
* By Tamar Minasian

#2 ED

ED

Քեռի

• Nobility
  • 5,960 posts
  • Interests:Music, traveling, Salvador Dali, Tolstoy, Sevak, Charents
    wine, sushi and lots lots more

Posted 13 February 2006 - 12:40 PM

hetaqrqira,
bayts....... Aram Asatryan, tatulik, armenchik, dodik, gago, mno, hmo, svo, smo dvo, shavo eyv eyl.......dranq elen maskatselu?

#3 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,342 posts

Posted 13 February 2006 - 01:10 PM

voch .... Edward jan etpes chi smile.gif menak irenq en masnaktselu smile.gif
che ha ay Ed jan .. esi nor TAghandneri masina

#4 Lev7

Lev7

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 418 posts

Posted 01 March 2006 - 02:24 AM

QUOTE(Edward @ Feb 13 2006, 06:40 PM) View Post
hetaqrqira,
bayts....... Aram Asatryan, tatulik, armenchik, dodik, gago, mno, hmo, svo, smo dvo, shavo eyv eyl.......dranq elen maskatselu?

lol, dodi gagon chi gitem, bayc tsxakik rubon ampayman

#5 hayemyes

hayemyes

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 271 posts
  • Interests:armenians, armenian music

Posted 05 March 2006 - 11:35 AM

Yegor Glumov?

I'm not sure who that is...i searched the web to find out without much luck, except for the fact that he's a VJ on Armenian National Radio...but is he russian or something? i mean i thought since it's an ARMENIAN superstar contest, we should be getting Armenian judges, and judges from different musical genres...with the jury put in place, i can imagine how many boring songs are gona be heard at the contest... huh.gif

#6 kakachik77

kakachik77

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 737 posts

Posted 05 March 2006 - 12:23 PM

QUOTE(hayemyes @ Mar 5 2006, 12:35 PM) View Post
Yegor Glumov?

I'm not sure who that is...i searched the web to find out without much luck, except for the fact that he's a VJ on Armenian National Radio...but is he russian or something? i mean i thought since it's an ARMENIAN superstar contest, we should be getting Armenian judges, and judges from different musical genres...with the jury put in place, i can imagine how many boring songs are gona be heard at the contest... huh.gif

stop that narrow-mindedness, tons of armenians live in russia, we can tolerate one, don't you think.

#7 hayemyes

hayemyes

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 271 posts
  • Interests:armenians, armenian music

Posted 05 March 2006 - 02:43 PM

no its not about narrow-mindedness...and non-tolerance, if there's anyone who is tolerant, it's me...i just find that we give way too much importance to russians in our culture and music, but they don't...i have the impression we're like just kissin their i dono wat, and we don't have to...i read articles everywhere condemning modern armenian music for sounding too oriental or turkish, but none condemns the over-expressed russian influence in our music these days, not only russian, but like occidental in general...i find we should either accept all of it or none, and stop being hypocrites, saying that oh we shouldn't listen to this guy cuz he has a few songs that sound like turkish or arabic, but on the other hand listen to yerevan-moscow transit, where there's an AWEFUL performance of Sayat-Nova's song, with an idiot who goes on stage with a tabla to sing that song, or other boring ballads that sound not even close to armenian...and by putting such judges on the jury, we tend to encourage that style which is as far away from armenian music as rabiz is...eventhought theyre both at a different extreme. if i may, heres how i see it:

turkish/arab influenced armenian music---------arm music----------russian/occidental sounding arm music

why should we tolerate one extreme, but not the other, i find that's kind of hypocrite...but again, its only my opinion

#8 kakachik77

kakachik77

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 737 posts

Posted 05 March 2006 - 03:05 PM

Hyemyes, I see your point. I did not like Yerevan-Moskva transit either but it is the fault of our own Armenians who are too INSECURE and quite honestly don't even know who they are - which results in humiliated effort like that. Having said that, few of the Russian artists in that album truly admire Armenian music and have done a substantial effort to get to know it more etc. And this should not be a nationalistic thing either, if a great musician who happens to be Turkish would want to participate as a judge in that contest, we should give equal weight as to the Russian one.

And there is not such category as Russian/occidental music (that's a big enough caterogy and can't really be defined). Russian music is very different form Led Zeppelin (which is Occidental music as you define it)

#9 skhara

skhara

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 750 posts

Posted 05 March 2006 - 08:36 PM

QUOTE(kakachik77 @ Mar 5 2006, 03:05 PM) View Post
Russian music is very different form Led Zeppelin (which is Occidental music as you define it)

By "Russian music" exactly what do you mean? Folk songs like kalinka malinka, or just anything and everything performed in Russian?

There are Russian groups that do share some similar sounds with the likes of Led Zepplin. The Russian group Arya in some of their songs, sound like the British group Iron Maiden.

To avoid these issues, just put these in their proper genres.

If its heavy metal in Armenian, then call it: Heavy Metal
If its spanish classical guitar performed in Armenian, then call it: Spanish classical guitar performed in Armenian
If its opera in Armenian, then call it: Opera
If its turkic/arabic/oriental sounds in Armenian, then call it: turkic/arabic/oriental sounds

If it is Armenian folk music having originated within the Armenian highland and by Armenians, then call it: Armenian music

#10 mumush

mumush

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 June 2006 - 11:04 PM

Goxovurd ekeq xosenq mer apaga idolneri masin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! mad.gif mad.gif

#11 Eurocentric

Eurocentric

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 10 July 2006 - 02:01 PM

The fact is that actual Armenian music hasn't been around for centuries therefore today what can be called Armenian music as far as i'm concerned is music composed by Armenians free of turkic/arabic/persian influences.
That's my definition; ergo, any rabiz or light rabiz like Tata is not Armenian while Meschian and Hakhverdian are 100% Armenian.

Even Gusan Sheran and Komitas are iffy. I'm not even talking about totally Turkic Sayat Nova.

#12 Dave

Dave

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts

Posted 10 July 2006 - 06:05 PM

As far as I know, they're the ones who were alien to Anatolia, and as they came, they stole most of our music and called it their own. Even the duduk is considered Turkish... Same goes for architecture, etc.

The most recent example of this is the conversion of "Adanayi voghpe" to a perverted Turkish love song and video clip.

#13 Eurocentric

Eurocentric

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 10 July 2006 - 09:44 PM

QUOTE(Dave @ Jul 10 2006, 06:05 PM) View Post
As far as I know, they're the ones who were alien to Anatolia, and as they came, they stole most of our music and called it their own. Even the duduk is considered Turkish... Same goes for architecture, etc.

The most recent example of this is the conversion of "Adanayi voghpe" to a perverted Turkish love song and video clip.

That music is as alien to Anatolia as Turkics themselves.

Duduk is considered Armenian by most people, it's not easy to pinpoint an origin of an ancient instrument such as that but nobody will seriously call it Turkic.

#14 Harut

Harut

Վերնագիր

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,734 posts
  • Interests:uninterested...

Posted 11 July 2006 - 10:37 AM

QUOTE(Eurocentric @ Jul 10 2006, 01:01 PM) View Post
The fact is that actual Armenian music hasn't been around for centuries therefore today what can be called Armenian music as far as i'm concerned is music composed by Armenians free of turkic/arabic/persian influences.
That's my definition; ergo, any rabiz or light rabiz like Tata is not Armenian while Meschian and Hakhverdian are 100% Armenian.

Even Gusan Sheran and Komitas are iffy. I'm not even talking about totally Turkic Sayat Nova.

you've got some wicked way of defining things...

#15 Eurocentric

Eurocentric

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 11 July 2006 - 02:09 PM

QUOTE(Harut @ Jul 11 2006, 10:37 AM) View Post
you've got some wicked way of defining things...

Fo shizzle կամ կասկածողին՛

#16 Harut

Harut

Վերնագիր

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,734 posts
  • Interests:uninterested...

Posted 12 July 2006 - 11:42 PM

QUOTE(Eurocentric @ Jul 11 2006, 01:09 PM) View Post
Fo shizzle կամ կասկածողին՛

չեմ կասկածում... գիտեմ, որ շատ տխմար definition ունես...

"what can be called Armenian music as far as i'm concerned is music composed by Armenians free of turkic/arabic/persian influences." [even if it's full of yezdi/kurdish/russian/american/english/french/italian influences...]

Edited by Harut, 12 July 2006 - 11:50 PM.

#17 Eurocentric

Eurocentric

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 13 July 2006 - 02:09 PM

QUOTE(Harut @ Jul 12 2006, 11:42 PM) View Post
չեմ կասկածում... գիտեմ, որ շատ տխմար definition ունես...

"what can be called Armenian music as far as i'm concerned is music composed by Armenians free of turkic/arabic/persian influences." [even if it's full of yezdi/kurdish/russian/american/english/french/italian influences...]

լավ գիտունիկ, իսկ որ ծակում մնաց քո definitionը

"yezdi/kurdish" are covered by the former.
"russian/american/english/french/italian" are not too different from one another outside the sphere of folk music. We are talking about the mainstream.

#18 Armenak

Armenak

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 816 posts

Posted 13 July 2006 - 04:08 PM

What's wrong with Persian influence?

#19 Eurocentric

Eurocentric

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 13 July 2006 - 04:18 PM

QUOTE(Armenak @ Jul 13 2006, 04:08 PM) View Post

Nothing, if it's Persian and not Turko-Iranian or Islamic.

See http://en.wikipedia..../Sassanid_music

#20 Zartonk

Zartonk

Magnificent!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,764 posts

Posted 15 July 2006 - 02:33 PM

What's wrong is that it is not Armenian. Fin.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users