#421 Sip

Sip

Buffet Connoisseur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,366 posts

Posted 16 March 2006 - 05:49 PM

QUOTE(Ludwig9 @ Mar 16 2006, 02:53 PM)  
If people are expressing the view of tolerance regarding accepting other religions, make sure that everyone understands by default to be tolerant is to be tolerant of everyone’s view even views that are contrary to each other. If a person is considered tolerant of other views then they must be tolerant of all views. Unfortunately, this is not the case in this thread where bigotry and hypocrisy are quite evident in the non-toleration of the Christian view.

I think most intolerance on the "Christian view" is directed towards the non-tolerant parts of the "Christian view". A religion is not to be tolerated in and of itself just for the sake of tolerance. I think any ideology only earns my tolerance, if it is tolerant of others.

And as demonstrated over and over by many so called "Christians", tolernace for other ideologies seems to be one of the least valued aspects of the religion. And that is expected since many so called Christians are under the firm belief that all non christians will go to Hell. Of course that thinking couldn't be further from the truth (and maybe even TRUE Christianity maybe).

#422 Sip

Sip

Buffet Connoisseur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,366 posts

Posted 16 March 2006 - 05:51 PM

QUOTE(Ludwig9 @ Mar 16 2006, 02:53 PM)  
I know now most of you are going to think that “someone” said “something” to hurt my feelings, but for those people rest assured this is the type of conversation I have before with other people. And once again, I am not forcing anyone to be Armenian or Christian, but don’t change the meanings of these words to accommodate your own personal needs.

Why not? In the end of end, religion, beliefs, culture, identity, etc are all PERSONAL things so why must we always demand some sort of blanket definition where everyone is supposed to live by?

Edited by Sip, 16 March 2006 - 05:52 PM.

#423 Yervant1

Yervant1

The True North!

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,679 posts

Posted 16 March 2006 - 05:53 PM

QUOTE(sSebB @ Mar 16 2006, 04:04 PM)  
Try thinking outside the box.

Vava can you please conjugate box (I think this is a verb too)wink.gif

#424 aSoldier

aSoldier

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 16 March 2006 - 06:30 PM

QUOTE(Yervant1 @ Mar 17 2006, 10:44 AM)  
Assumption #2 that people on this thread is hypocrit and bigots is wrong too. We're not pushing any religion down to anybodies throat or putting any conditions and regulations as how to be Armenian. You are the biggest hypocrit and bigot for saying that nobody is forcing anyone to be Armenian or Christian as if you have the key for Armenianness gate.

Don't speak for others. I recall Arpa calling the Bible a "piece of shit" and other remarks which I will not state.

It doesn't help when you judge others to defend yourself.

If the church is the unifying force behind Armenians, how come most of the time churches are empty. The church might have been a factor in the past but today it's irrelevant, most of the sermons are recycled crap and they don't do what they preach.

yehhhhhhhh.....like you would know...

who are you to question others if they can be Armenian or not with your definition of it. Who gave you the right to decide who gets in and who doesn't others can also make their own criteria and exclude you from it....As a result of these types of mentality of exclusion, narrow mindedness and strict guidelines as to who can be Armenian has driven lots of Armenians into assimilation. Thus loosing lots of potential help for our cause.

Everyone has an opinion. We can choose to see whoever we want as Armenian, but it's your actions that define who you are.

I am to be defined as an Christian Armenian with my actions, not with my words. Claiming to be something is different to actually "being" something.

#425 Yervant1

Yervant1

The True North!

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,679 posts

Posted 16 March 2006 - 06:39 PM

QUOTE(sSebB @ Mar 16 2006, 07:30 PM)  
Don't speak for others. I recall Arpa calling the Bible a "piece of shit" and other remarks which I will not state.

It doesn't help when you judge others to defend yourself.
yehhhhhhhh.....like you would know...
Everyone has an opinion. We can choose to see whoever we want as Armenian, but it's your actions that define who you are.

I am to be defined as an Christian Armenian with my actions, not with my words. Claiming to be something is different to actually "being" something.

Seb you win.

#426 Arpa

Arpa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,011 posts
  • Interests:Culture

Posted 16 March 2006 - 07:00 PM

QUOTE(sSebB @ Mar 17 2006, 12:30 AM)  

I don't recall using those words. But, if those are the words you choose to use, all have to say is "thy will be done", and amen!!
Now, can we move to something Armenians have said. The hell with what "sh*t"those other xenophobes can concoct!!!

#427 aSoldier

aSoldier

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 16 March 2006 - 08:37 PM

http://hyeforum.com/...ndpost&p=164686

close enough

Edited by sSebB, 16 March 2006 - 08:38 PM.

#428 Azat

Azat

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,969 posts
  • Interests:wine, beer, food, art, jokes

Posted 16 March 2006 - 08:45 PM

estegh en asum "Glux ..."

Dont you guys have other stuff to talk about?

#429 Arpa

Arpa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,011 posts
  • Interests:Culture

Posted 17 March 2006 - 09:54 AM

QUOTE(Azat @ Mar 17 2006, 02:45 AM)  
estegh en asum "Glux ..."

Dont you guys have other stuff to talk about?

Apris Azat!
As to Seb's quotes.
I will say it again;
BULLSHIT!! pooh.gif
In case no one has told you there s world of difference between the "bullshit" that emanates form TelAviv and "piece of shit" from Ankara.
The choice is yours.

#430 Sasun

Sasun

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,533 posts
  • Interests:Art, Yoga, Spirituality

Posted 17 March 2006 - 11:15 AM

QUOTE(Arpa @ Mar 17 2006, 10:54 AM)  
Apris Azat!
As to Seb's quotes.
I will say it again;
BULLSHIT!! pooh.gif
In case no one has told you there s world of difference between the "bullshit" that emanates form TelAviv and "piece of shit" from Ankara.
The choice is yours.

That IS bigotry!

#431 aSoldier

aSoldier

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 17 March 2006 - 06:18 PM

QUOTE(Arpa @ Mar 18 2006, 02:54 AM)  
Apris Azat!
As to Seb's quotes.
I will say it again;
BULLSHIT!! pooh.gif
The choice is yours.

thumbsup.gif you'll go far with that

#432 Azat

Azat

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,969 posts
  • Interests:wine, beer, food, art, jokes

Posted 17 March 2006 - 06:24 PM

QUOTE(sSebB @ Mar 17 2006, 04:18 PM)  
thumbsup.gif you'll go far with that

First maybe if you knew Arpa a bit better you would realize what a knowledgeable man he is and one who HAS gone a long way in his life. Somewhere where you would dream of getting to...

And for a journalism major you are such a man of few words. You should consider changing your major to something else as it is evident you are no writer.

#433 Sasun

Sasun

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,533 posts
  • Interests:Art, Yoga, Spirituality

Posted 18 March 2006 - 12:39 AM

QUOTE(Azat @ Mar 17 2006, 07:24 PM)  
First maybe if you knew Arpa a bit better you would realize what a knowledgeable man he is

Azat, dude, you must be kidding. Are you sure you konw Arpa? From what I have observed so far, the culmination of Arpa's "knowledge" is THIS pooh.gif You need evidence? Look the above post lol.gif

Edited by Sasun, 18 March 2006 - 12:41 AM.

#434 vava

vava

:yawn:

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,234 posts

Posted 18 March 2006 - 12:50 AM

Ok. This thread is going nowhere fast. Apologies to anyone who may feel slighted, but for now, this thread is closed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users