74 replies to this topic

#41 hyethga

hyethga

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 24 February 2008 - 06:25 PM

QUOTE (Ashot @ Feb 14 2008, 06:27 AM)
Anoushik jan, i would have to somewhat disagree with you on that case... I was 13 when I came here, and in the past 12 years I have visited Armenia twice, both of them 2 years ago... ever since coming back I have been working hard to accomplish what I need to move back... Let it be the hardest place to live in, let it not have light nor gas, I am used to the dark days, and I can go trough it again, and again, as long as it's in the homeland... I have not adopted in here, I don't belong in here, and I definitely belong there... Even if I had kids, I would do everything in my power to have them grow up in Armenia - and that I shall do, no matter what I have to go trough, but within some years it will be done!!!

Yes hamadzayn em Ashot jan. I feel like a foreigner too and have little desire to raise my kids in a society where there is no chance of escaping the evils of assimilation. I came here when I was only 12 years old and I plan on returning back as soon as I complete my education. The US is in shortage of intellectuals so it would be much better to invest my knowledge in home country. Armenia is on the verge of falling off a cliff and no matter how delusional some people consider me to be after telling them this biggrin.gif , I'm no less dissuaded on returning back to our Hayrenik. I returned last year and have a deep urge on returning permanently, hopefully within a few short years, God willing.

#42 Ashot

Ashot

www.HyeForum.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,080 posts
  • Interests:Anything and Everything

Posted 25 February 2008 - 01:01 AM

ya your right!!! God Willing!!!

Inch asem zhoghovurt jan - Astvats mer het!!!

#43 ExtraHye

ExtraHye

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,611 posts
  • Location:In a world with happy people who like to play all day

Posted 25 February 2008 - 02:47 AM

Don't hate me for saying this, but I can't see myself living anywhere but the US. I went to visit Armenia about ten years ago and the first thing they did was ask for $100.00 per luggage from some people from the same air plane as me. When my uncle was taking me home the cops pulled him over for chewing game, they wanted to know why he was chewing gum and that he must be drunk, so he asked for money so they could let him go. I can't live at a place like this.

#44 Ashot

Ashot

www.HyeForum.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,080 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 03:17 AM

Extra jan, I strongly suggest you re-visit Armenia every now and then... especially this summer... Armenia has spent so much money on international advertisements it's not even funny... go there, think again... sure you will see some things you won't like, but do compare it to 10 years ago and think of the next 10 years, then come to the conclusion one more time!!!

#45 Ashot

Ashot

www.HyeForum.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,080 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 03:12 AM

I said it, I believed it, and I done it... I am here :-) in MY COUNTRY!!!

#46 Arpa

Arpa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,011 posts
  • Interests:Culture

Posted 08 January 2011 - 09:12 AM

How reliable is the source of this news?
BTW. Hetq and Footprints seem to be one and the same, one being the Armenian word for the English “footprints”.
This sounds like what is known in the English an “urban legend”, like “someone told me what someone had told them”, etc.
======
http://hetq.am/en/society/46435/

Is Armenia Really Not a Country?
[ 2011/01/08 | 11:40 ] society
Last night a friend came over and gave me some disturbing information. He had been talking to someone earlier in the day who said that there are only 1.5 million people left in the Republic of Armenia.
Moreover, people are leaving en masse. He said that there was at least one instance of an entire village moving to live somewhere in Russia. Everyone in the village closed their homes and relocated to an area where they were provided with new houses and land to cultivate. But he could not remember the name of the village and couldn’t identify its location, and he didn’t know exactly where in Russia everyone had gone.
Read full story at Footprints

And the rest from Footprints;
====

You hear the same story about Gyumri. People are being approached to give up everything they have and move to somewhere in Russia, where they will be provided housing and work, fulfilled by signing some sort of contract. Who was sponsoring this initiative–Russian private interests, Armenian or from elsewhere–wasn’t clear at all.
Naturally I cannot attest to the reliability of this source but will say that I think the new population figure is a bit of a stretch. It was only five or six years ago when I started hearing unofficial statistics that the actual number of people living on Armenian soil was 2.5 million. It seems this number, although unofficial, has become an accepted reality, as I’m hearing not only Armenian citizens telling me this, but even people living in the diaspora who are close to me acknowledging the same. The regional populations are indeed thinning, but to say that 1 million people have managed to clear out in five years’ time without the government realizing what was happening or even giving a damn that it was is not logical. My friend’s argument is that people are forced to leave because there is by and large no economic development in rural areas, and there are no jobs to be had, both of which are certainly true. He pins sole blame of everyone’s economic distress on the government and scorns it for not addressing the problem of mass exodus as officials are too focused on lining their own pockets than to be concerned about how the other half lives.
Let’s assume that state officials, from the president down, only care about exploiting their positions to make money. In order to have a country to rule over, you need citizenry to form an active society that must be governed. Even if government officials didn’t give a damn as my friend claims, it would not be in their interests to let another million people leave their homes. In order to have power you need to rule over a populace and assert that power and prove to neighboring countries that you do indeed have power to wield, that your country has significant importance in the region.
Regardless of how authentic that information he relayed to me is, the main problem is that this issue is being discussed in closed circles via rumor as fact. This is most troubling to me because now my friend believes there is nothing left to do but to leave the country as he sees no future here. And he is middle class—he is not necessarily hurting for work being a professional photographer sought after by foreign news agencies. He is giving up after prolonged exposure to self-defeating, bitter rhetoric that only fuels apathy, as are countless others, without doing anything to bring about good governance. The country is not a country.
I mentioned to him in our heated conversation that citizens need to start engaging their lawmakers, they need to meet with them as special interest lobbying groups or individually, to make them understand that elected parliamentarians are in office to serve the people. He shrugged off what I was telling him, claiming that a parliament member would only keep his door closed and refuse to talk with his constituents. Without even making an attempt to try, that it is even futile to do so, he has convinced himself that lawmakers don’t want to do their jobs. Moreover, he is convinced that nothing good can ever come from the current government, or apparently any government for that matter.
He is not alone, and that’s where the real problem lies.

Edited by Arpa, 08 January 2011 - 09:44 AM.

#47 Ashot

Ashot

www.HyeForum.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,080 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 02:18 PM

This is to clarify that there are many jobs available in here...

http://recruiter.am/

http://www.ashxatanq.net/

http://www.list.am/category/29

http://www.careercenter.am/

http://www.armhr.am/Vacancies.aspx

http://www.jobfinder.am/

http://www.job.am/

Here is a list of most companies in Armenia - just a general idea of how many people are employed.
http://www.spyur.am/...s_directory/new

And this is just some samples... not to mention "online" jobs for our "hetamnac" people, imagine how many more jobs there are offered daily.
To be honest with you, it's all a b.s. when they say there are no jobs we can't work we can't live, it's easier for those who are lazy to hit their remote control to change the channel and call our brothers, sisters, fathers and mothers out in the diaspora and ask for money. Ask anyone in here they all think that money comes easy in America or even in Russia. But to live and see is different. How many of you come by easy money? Do our fellow Armenians living here in Armenia really think that others outside of Armenia make easy money - oh heck yes they do... Is that the truth - oh hell it ain't. Same thing goes in here, it's hard to work, it's hard to make money. But, no they all want to be "Gagig Tsarukyan" become a millionaire in a day or so. Don't believe anything they say, ask me I will tell you the truth. They have to lie to you guys and tell you that everything is bad, how else are they suppose to get the green stuff from your pockets on to their tables? How else are they going to drive German made cars instead of the cheap Russian made? And in the end, when they get the chance and get their buts out of here, how else are they going to explain why they left? Indeed by lying and telling everyone that Armenia is the worst place to live in.

Did you know that there has been over 10,000 Armenians that returned to Armenia in year 2010? The statistics say that in 2011 over 5,000 families will return home, not to count another 20,000 families will be deported from Europe back to Armenia... The more they come back the better it will be. It's that time to come back to homeland and build it up. Enough is enough, running away from our problems won't resolve a damn thing. Sure we need the Diaspora, sure they help us a lot, but now more then ever we need more people back on our fatherland, it's time to build inside the house, the roof is already built!

#48 Yervant1

Yervant1

The True North!

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,686 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 05:57 PM

Well said Ashot Jan! :) Nothing could be nicer than easy money, once you taste it you want more of it forever.

#49 Anoushik

Anoushik

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,973 posts
  • Interests:Armenians, music, philosophy...

Posted 09 January 2011 - 12:10 AM

I said it, I believed it, and I done it... I am here :-) in MY COUNTRY!!!

What? Are you in Armenia??? Do you live there? Since when? How do you like it? Tell us more! :) :) :)

#50 Ashot

Ashot

www.HyeForum.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,080 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 02:59 AM

Ayo Anoushik jan, I have been living here since September. Things are well, waiting for my wife to join me in February... anything in particular you want to know?

#51 Veilside

Veilside

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Interests:Ինքնաշարժներ եւ հայկական գիրքեր

Posted 09 January 2011 - 11:44 AM

Ayo Anoushik jan, I have been living here since September. Things are well, waiting for my wife to join me in February... anything in particular you want to know?

օդը ինչպէս՞է, շատ պաղ՞է: Գիշերները ապահով՞են: ամէն բան աւելի սուղ՞է կամ աւելի աժան՞է: Չեմ կարծեր հոն պիտի ապրիմ երբեք բայց ես կ'ուզեմ այցելել:

#52 Ashot

Ashot

www.HyeForum.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,080 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 02:59 PM

Ot@ shat lave Veilside jan, nor tarva nver zyun ekav gisherov, voric heto der dzyun chi ekel. Aravotyan +5 - +9 celcius taqe isk gishernerov -3 - 0 sar@... Gisherner@ shat apahove - hangist karoghes gishernerov zbosnel aranc voreve xochndotneri. Vostikanucyun@ amboxch gisher hskume qaghaq@. Gisherva zham@ 1ic heto bolorin kangnecnum yev stugumen xmatsucyun nayev pastatxter. Isk gnayin paymannerov voch ezhan che, zhoghovurti hamar miqich tanke, sakayn aynqanel tank che bolornel karoghanum s@nvel yev apahovel tan jerucum, luys yev jur.

mi qani bar apahovucyan masin...

According to the head of the center of legal and psychological assistance in emergency situations, Mikhail Vinogradov, Armenia controls juvenile crime through preservation of national identity and mentality.

WHO's European report on preventing violence and knife crime among young people says that 15,000 young people were killed in Europe every year, with 40% of these deaths involving knives, but much of the violence could be prevented by using a public health approach.

Russia has the highest rate of violence among youth in Europe. Sixteen out of every 100,000 people aged ten to 29 were murdered in Russia each year between 2004 and 2007.

Germany and Armenia are among the safest countries.

An estimated four to six million women in the United States are assaulted by a domestic partner every year, and approximately one in three U.S. women will be abused in their lifetime.vs The United Nations Population Fund surveyed nearly 2,800 Armenian women in recent years and found that one in every twenty respondents was subjected to occasional or regular beatings by her husband or partner.

not to mention that they have started paying close attention to domestic violence in Armenia after the death of Zaruhi Petrosyan from Ararat Marz, and the punishment may be harsh.

In general Crime rate in Armenia has dropped significantly from 3.8 percent in year 2002 to 1.8 percent in 2010

#53 Anoushik

Anoushik

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,973 posts
  • Interests:Armenians, music, philosophy...

Posted 09 January 2011 - 10:52 PM

Wow, that's great! Congratulations on your decision to move back to Armenia and on your marriage!

#54 Ashot

Ashot

www.HyeForum.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,080 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 10:19 AM

Thanks Anoushik jan!

#55 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,253 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 05:05 PM

MAladets Ashot :ap:

#56 Ashot

Ashot

www.HyeForum.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,080 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 09:42 AM

Mos jan do en asa Erpes galis mi lavvvvvvvv man ganq irar het, es sarerov en dzorerov, en antarum xash utenq en dzorerum dzuk utenq...

#57 nairi

nairi

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,704 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 02:55 PM

I didn't return; I moved here. And I'm loving every minute.

#58 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,253 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 03:34 PM

Mos jan do en asa Erpes galis mi lavvvvvvvv man ganq irar het, es sarerov en dzorerov, en antarum xash utenq en dzorerum dzuk utenq...

Ash jan voch utelu het em lav voch el xmelu :) du el ho et gidas :)

iy s isk Sar & Dzor@ :) achqis vra enqan man tam qez or poshman lines hets man galu durs galun :)

#59 Ashot

Ashot

www.HyeForum.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,080 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 04:19 PM

Kyanqum ch@havatas Mos jan vor yes inch vor banic qo het kapvats poshman linem... Achqovtel tesnes ch@havatas... wranglers 2 oric hasnuma tegh, do ari tes incherenq anum...

Nairi jan - dueles hayreniqum? mshtakanapes?

Mos jogumes kamanc kamanc es mer forumi zhoghovurt@ teghapoxvuma...

#60 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,253 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 06:49 PM

aper gone niva pit lini kam G55... cheghni chem galis chem nstum..

aper mi chnashxarik tegh gitem, Anun@ Xndzoresk...
ettegh Mer Sparapetna Taghvats.. koxqi matturn el qaruqanda.. asum en Srbateghi a.. te mi or hnaravorutyun unenam... uzzum em et matur@ mi dzevov verakangnem..

Posted Image

Posted Image

http://armenians.com...resk/index.html

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users