66 replies to this topic

#21 Sip

Sip

Buffet Connoisseur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,366 posts

Posted 10 July 2006 - 02:48 AM

Homosexuality cannot possibly be as big a mental sickness as religion (if at all).

#22 phantom22

phantom22

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 10 July 2006 - 06:36 AM

Its more like common non-sense. They are not hurting anyone. Just leave them alone. The article states that they have tried to change. It is not possible. Their condition is in-bred.Only genetic engineering can prevent this in the future.

QUOTE(sSebB @ Jul 10 2006, 03:40 AM) View Post
It's common sense phantom.

#23 aSoldier

aSoldier

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 10 July 2006 - 09:15 AM

I have nothing against them.

#24 Takoush

Takoush

Veteran

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,025 posts

Posted 10 July 2006 - 09:28 AM

QUOTE(Sip @ Jul 10 2006, 04:48 AM) View Post
Homosexuality cannot possibly be as big a mental sickness as religion (if at all).

Is it really Sip? You should try it sometime and then call a religion sickness.

#25 Takoush

Takoush

Veteran

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,025 posts

Posted 10 July 2006 - 09:32 AM

QUOTE(phantom22 @ Jul 10 2006, 08:36 AM) View Post
Its more like common non-sense. They are not hurting anyone. Just leave them alone. The article states that they have tried to change. It is not possible. Their condition is in-bred.Only genetic engineering can prevent this in the future.

I don't think it's common sense to announce it and put their pictures on the front page and go about town proclaiming it, especially when the same country and the people just about condems it and the existence of it. You call that common sense? I rest my case.

Edited by Anahid Takouhi, 10 July 2006 - 09:35 AM.

#26 phantom22

phantom22

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 10 July 2006 - 12:09 PM

They didn't announce it until after they had returned to Paris!

I parrot the late US President Ronald Reagan, who stated "Don't cross the mother alligator until after you have forded (crossed over) the river."

QUOTE(Anahid Takouhi @ Jul 10 2006, 10:32 AM) View Post
I don't think it's common sense to announce it and put their pictures on the front page and go about town proclaiming it, especially when the same country and the people just about condems it and the existence of it. You call that common sense? I rest my case.

#27 phantom22

phantom22

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 10 July 2006 - 12:13 PM

Christianity in its purest form is a beautiful religion.

When you have conclaves of old men sit around and interpret the teachings of Jesus is where it becomes sickness. Then the blood of hundreds of thousands is shed.

QUOTE(Anahid Takouhi @ Jul 10 2006, 10:28 AM) View Post

#28 aSoldier

aSoldier

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 10 July 2006 - 01:04 PM

True Christians are not followers of religion.

#29 Sip

Sip

Buffet Connoisseur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,366 posts

Posted 10 July 2006 - 01:08 PM

QUOTE(Anahid Takouhi @ Jul 10 2006, 10:28 AM) View Post

I'll try it if you and sSebB will try homosexuality before calling it a sickness. Deal?

#30 Takoush

Takoush

Veteran

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,025 posts

Posted 10 July 2006 - 01:47 PM

QUOTE(phantom22 @ Jul 10 2006, 02:09 PM) View Post
They didn't announce it until after they had returned to Paris!

I parrot the late US President Ronald Reagan, who stated "Don't cross the mother alligator until after you have forded (crossed over) the river."

I understand; but they still want the Armenian Church to marry them and the Christian Church does not believe in a marriage other than a man's and a woman's. Personally I have nothing against homosexuality; but the way they are announcing it to Armenians who usually don't believe in it and they are against it, it's not a very sane behaviour.

Now the reason why I stated earlier about homos being not normal because a while back I have read about it and from professionals too. The way I think is if they want to do whatever they want to do it in private is I don't care, let them; but announcing it to the Armenians in Armenia or wherever is absurd. That was basically my point. And also about marrying in our Armenian Church is also absurd.

#31 Takoush

Takoush

Veteran

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,025 posts

Posted 10 July 2006 - 01:50 PM

QUOTE(phantom22 @ Jul 10 2006, 02:13 PM) View Post
Christianity in its purest form is a beautiful religion.

When you have conclaves of old men sit around and interpret the teachings of Jesus is where it becomes sickness. Then the blood of hundreds of thousands is shed.

We are not conclaves here; we are human beings to our own and we are also followers not teachers of a religion and of Christianity; so you can keep your comments.

#32 Takoush

Takoush

Veteran

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,025 posts

Posted 10 July 2006 - 01:54 PM

QUOTE(Sip @ Jul 10 2006, 03:08 PM) View Post
I'll try it if you and sSebB will try homosexuality before calling it a sickness. Deal?

That will NEVER happen!!!!!!!

First off, SebB didn't say anything about it, and second I merely repeated what I have read about it a while back from literatures written by a professional.

Thirdly, I have stated above that I mostly found bizarre these particular guys announcing it to the Armenian community at large and wanting to be married in our Armenian Church where only heterosexuals are allowed to be married in a Christian Church.

#33 phantom22

phantom22

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 10 July 2006 - 01:59 PM

No one is aking heterosexuals to try homosexuality. It is not like trying a new restaurant or a new article of clothing. One must be "wired that way." As for the ones like me, I am not sure. The ages from one to five are the most critical formative years. To have experienced such a transgression from a member of the church at such a tender age surely has impacted my perceptions and feelings. I am still strongly attacted to beautiful women. But for the homos, who have not had such a traumatic experience in early childhood, it is clearly an issue of genetics.

QUOTE(Sip @ Jul 10 2006, 02:08 PM) View Post

#34 vava

vava

:yawn:

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,234 posts

Posted 10 July 2006 - 02:06 PM

I think some people need to chill-out... so what if a couple of guys want to get married? Who's getting hurt there? Aren't there more important issues out there?

#35 phantom22

phantom22

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 10 July 2006 - 02:08 PM

Are the guys not Armenian? They could have done this in an odar church in Denmark. They are affiming their Armenianness!

I do not condone, however, their making this public. That is being done for political reasons. I think that the homosexual lobby is pursuing frivilous pursuits. The most important things for them should be job security and basic human needs such as housing. Why are they pursuing this marriage in the churches issue?

I wonder who the professional is who you are speaking of? Could it be the Reverend Doctor James Dobson?

QUOTE(Anahid Takouhi @ Jul 10 2006, 02:54 PM) View Post
That will NEVER happen!!!!!!!

First off, SebB didn't say anything about it, and second I merely repeated what I have read about it a while back from literatures written by a professional.

Thirdly, I have stated above that I mostly found bizarre these particular guys announcing it to the Armenian community at large and wanting to be married in our Armenian Church where only heterosexuals are allowed to be married in a Christian Church.

Edited by phantom22, 10 July 2006 - 02:12 PM.

#36 Sip

Sip

Buffet Connoisseur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,366 posts

Posted 10 July 2006 - 02:21 PM

QUOTE(Anahid Takouhi @ Jul 10 2006, 02:54 PM) View Post

I have to say that I DO agree that they should either abide by the rules of the church or get out. Demanding that the church change itself to conform to the lifestyle of everyone defeats the purpose of a church as it is designed.

But being a part of the church or not should have no bearing on their level of "Armenianness". I think the two, the church and being armenian, are two completely separate issues.

As far as "trying it before knocking it", I only suggested it because you did Anahid. All in all, I don't really need to cut my hand to know that it's not something I would like ... same thing with religion ... same thing with homosexuality. smile.gif

#37 Takoush

Takoush

Veteran

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,025 posts

Posted 10 July 2006 - 02:23 PM

Phantom, I feel bad for what happened to you and I am sure that have impacted or impaired you in some sort of way and it was horrible for what those idiots did to you. This has nothing to do with you. I know you are attracted to pretty women in general. But I stated why I talked about this particular case already.

Anyhow, the fact that I read about it a while back, I don't remember now the name of the guy; but I do remember it was a professional who wrote about this issue.

#38 Takoush

Takoush

Veteran

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,025 posts

Posted 10 July 2006 - 02:27 PM

QUOTE(Sip @ Jul 10 2006, 04:21 PM) View Post
As far as "trying it before knocking it", I only suggested it because you did Anahid. All in all, I don't really need to cut my hand to know that it's not something I would like ... same thing with religion ... same thing with homosexuality. smile.gif

I only said try Christianity most part in jest; because I already know how you feel about Christianity. I was mostly jesting really, but I didn't want to start anew talking about Christianity now. smile.gif

#39 phantom22

phantom22

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 10 July 2006 - 03:03 PM

Mind you this did not happen to me in an Armenian Church or even an Armenian Catholic Church but in an odar Roman Cathholic Church in the most exclusive section of a major American city. What "these idiots" (your term) did to me has been going on up to this day as the recent court cases show. It has been going on for a long, long time. If anybody really cared there would be an uproar. Where is the outrage? There is none! Parishoners support their priest and blame the innocent victims as "tempting" the priests. And you wonder why I am such a cynic? So many of you get upset about these two guys and others, yet no one seems to care about what is going on in the church.

QUOTE(Anahid Takouhi @ Jul 10 2006, 03:23 PM) View Post
Phantom, I feel bad for what happened to you and I am sure that have impacted or impaired you in some sort of way and it was horrible for what those idiots did to you. This has nothing to do with you. I know you are attracted to pretty women in general. But I stated why I talked about this particular case already.

Anyhow, the fact that I read about it a while back, I don't remember now the name of the guy; but I do remember it was a professional who wrote about this issue.

#40 Takoush

Takoush

Veteran

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,025 posts

Posted 10 July 2006 - 07:41 PM

QUOTE(phantom22 @ Jul 10 2006, 05:03 PM) View Post
Mind you this did not happen to me in an Armenian Church or even an Armenian Catholic Church but in an odar Roman Cathholic Church in the most exclusive section of a major American city. What "these idiots" (your term) did to me has been going on up to this day as the recent court cases show. It has been going on for a long, long time. If anybody really cared there would be an uproar. Where is the outrage? There is none! Parishoners support their priest and blame the innocent victims as "tempting" the priests. And you wonder why I am such a cynic? So many of you get upset about these two guys and others, yet no one seems to care about what is going on in the church.

I understand what you're trying to say; but we don't know whether these 2 guys were mistreated or not. It is my guess that they were not, but I am only guessing of course.

Anyhow, about what is going on in the Churches, these are odar Catholic Churches you're talking about, what can we do about it? An acquaintance of mine, a writer, wrote about the heads of Armenian Churches that a good number of them don't act or do the right things. I don't care about their behaviours same as you don't. I don't care some of the things they do and act.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users