#41 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,665 posts

Posted 02 February 2006 - 11:59 AM

SMBATIAN: RUSSIAN GAS PRICE TO BE FIXED WITHIN TWO WEEKS

Armenia and Russia are optimistic about the possibility to achieve a compromise over the tariffs for the Russian gas imported to Armenia, RA Ambassador to Russia Armen Smbatian told PanARMENIAN.Net reporter when commenting on the negotiations held on the issue. The Armenian diplomat noted that an expert group to deal with the problem and submit proposals to the Russian and Armenian Presidents has been formed. In his words, Minister of Fuel and Energy Victor Khristenko will coordinate the work from the Russian part. The Ambassador said he does not possess any information whether Armenia can put forth proposals to preserve the tariffs unchangeable. “This is a secret information. I suppose everything will clear up in a fortnight or even sooner,” the Ambassador said.

#42 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,665 posts

Posted 03 April 2006 - 10:54 AM

SINCE APRIL 1 RUSSIAN GAS IMPORTED TO ARMENIA FOR NEW PRICE

Since April 1 Armenia receives Russian gas at the price of $100 for 1000 cubic meters, ArmRosgazprom spokesman Shushan Sardaryan told PanARMENIAN.Net reporter. She said the outcomes of the negotiations held by the Armenian and party and Gazprom representatives will be announced upon their completion. Sardaryan also noted that the gas tariffs for the population will change from April 10. To remind, till April 1, 2006 Armenia used to pay $56 for 1000 cubic meters of gas.

#43 skhara

skhara

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 750 posts

Posted 03 April 2006 - 10:02 PM

I read that Armenia has surrendered the Hrazadan plant and 45% of the pipeline to continue paying $56 for the next two years.

#44 Azat

Azat

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,969 posts
  • Interests:wine, beer, food, art, jokes

Posted 04 April 2006 - 10:06 AM

Gazprom has become the latest weapon of choice for Russia to use against its neighbors and the West. Politicians at all levels have a stake in it and even foreign leaders like Schroader of Germany work for the company.

#45 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,665 posts

Posted 04 April 2006 - 10:48 AM

Russian bear is waking up from Hibernation

#46 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,665 posts

Posted 07 April 2006 - 04:09 PM

RUSSIA HUSHES UP PURCHASE OF IRAN-ARMENIA PIPELINE

article's photo
Russia’s state-run Gazprom monopoly has hastily retracted its official confirmation of reports about its takeover of a planned Armenian-Iranian natural pipeline as part of a controversial agreement to temporarily reduce the cost of Russian gas for Armenia. In a statement posted on its website on Thursday, Gazprom said it will be granted ownership of a major Armenian power plant and the first 40-kilometer section of the pipeline currently under construction in return for keeping the gas price relatively low until the end of 2008. The statement was found to have been altered the next day, containing no references to the pipeline which is due to go into service this November. It now says that Gazprom’s Armenian subsidiary, ArmRosGazprom (ARG), will take over the gas-fired plant in Hrazdan and unspecified “facilities of Armenia’s gas sphere.” The change of wording seems aimed at sparing the Armenian government public embarrassment over its claims that the Russians will get hold of the Hrazdan plant only. Still, the edited version of the Gazprom statement falls short of explicitly denying the imminent Russian takeover of a pipeline that was supposed to reduce Armenia’s dependence on its ex-Soviet master for energy. The Russian energy giant also stood by its claims that its presently 45 percent share in ARG, which owns Armenia’s entire gas infrastructure, will be raised to a “qualitative majority.” According to the Moscow daily “Kommersant,” the Gazprom stake in the gas operator will jump to 82 percent. This will constitute an additional handover of Armenian energy assets to Moscow which the government in Yerevan prefers not publicize for the moment. President Robert Kocharian and other senior officials have spoken instead of the short-term benefits of the deal for hundreds of thousands of Armenians using Russian gas for heating purposes. They will pay 65 drams (14 U.S. cents) per cubic meter of the fuel, instead of the planned 90 drams, until January 2009. Under the terms of the deal, the Russian side is also obliged to pay the Armenian government $60 million in cash and make large-scale capital investments in the incomplete Hrazdan facility. State-run Russian companies already own Armenia’s largest thermal power plant, also located in Hrazdan, several hydro-electric stations as well as the country’s entire electricity distribution network. In addition, Russia’s Unified Energy Systems utility manages the finances of the Metsamor nuclear power plant. “The republic’s energy sector has been taken under Russian control,” “Kommersant” declared on Friday. The paper said that Gazprom will now make sure that Iranian gas is not exported to third countries, including Georgia, through Armenian territory. (Photolur photo)
* By Emil Danielyan

#47 Yervant1

Yervant1

The True North!

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,483 posts

Posted 07 April 2006 - 04:17 PM

When you have friends like this who needs enemies? Sad indeed.

#48 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,665 posts

Posted 14 April 2006 - 11:38 AM

“WE LOST THE CHANCE”

Armenia lost the chance to avoid the pressure of Russia. “I think we must speak to Russia in their own language. When Russia said gas will cost 110 USD, Armenia was to say that they will take a loan from Iran for the fifth block of the heat generating plant and enlarge the diameter of the gas pipeline; now do what you want. That is to say, we could use the opportunity and avoid the pressure,” said Vazgen Manoukyan, head of the National Democratic Union in the “Mirror” club today.

He expressed doubt that the Armenians have their finger in the raise of the costs. “I don’t want to go deep into the matter. The reason of my supposition is the fact that the agreements about the stability of the gas price are usually signed for 25 years, but the agreement with Armenia was signed for three years.” Vazgen Sargsyan said he is sure that the gas tariffs will be raised during these years.

Head of the Armenian Christian-Democratic Party Khosrov Haroutyunyan who was the other guest of the “Mirror” club is not concerned about the sale of the fifth block of the heat generating plant. Instead he is concerned by the gas pipeline Iran-Armenia as it is clear that since 2001 Russia has changed its policy and uses the energy issues as weapon. According to him, it is not important who produces the energy but rather who supplies the raw material. Khosrov Haroutyunyan thinks that Armenia must construct a second nuclear power station and «preferably not with Russia fuel».

As for the gas pipeline Iran-Armenia, according to him, Armenia must not allow the participation of a third party in the project. Khosrov Haroutyunyan thinks that the deal must be discussed in the Parliament and rejected by the Parliamentarians. He also blamed the deputies for not adopting a law prohibiting the sale of state property to a foreign state in order to prevent suchlike deals.

«There is no Parliament. What is the Parliament? Nothing but a toy in the hands of Robert Kocharyan», Vazgen Manoukyan said adding that even if Khosrov Haroutyunyan were in the Parliament he would not be able to do anythin

#49 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,665 posts

Posted 07 July 2006 - 12:26 PM

Sell Out?: Gazprom says it will buy gas pipeline
By Marianna Grigoryan
ArmeniaNow reporter
Talks regarding the partial or the full sale of the Iran-Armenia gas pipeline entered a new stage on June 30th, when a representative of the Russian Gazprom reiterated their clear commitment to buy the pipeline.

The presidents of Armenia and Iran discussed the pipeline during this week’s meeting in Tehran
Armenian authorities avoid evaluations and clear answers around the issue, insisting on the version that they are not going to sell the pipeline to the Russians. Still Vice Chairman of the Gazprom board Alexander Ryazanov once again stated on June 30th they plan to purchase the pipeline and complete its construction.

According to Ryazanov the $130 million pipeline ($30 million constructed so far) will allow Gazprom to minimize the risks of gas supplies to Armenia that are in place due to the difficulties with the transit of the Russian gas through Georgia.

The Gazprom representative, clearly stating the pipeline acquisition, has not excluded the exchange-operation with Iran while supplying the gas from that country to Armenia. However, the Vice Chairman has underlined it is premature to talk about until construction is finished.

Speculation on the validity of the Gazprom claims intensified this week as President Robert Kocharyan and Minister of Energy Armen Movsisyan visited Iran, presumably to discuss the pipeline. Iran is said to be reluctant to have the pipeline owned by the Russians.

“We can’t say anything clear yet,” said Lusine Harutyunyan, Coordinator of the Department for Public Relations at the RA Ministry of Energy. “Whether the pipeline will be sold to Russia or not, will be clear upon the end of the visit to Iran”

But the oppositional politicians of Armenia assert their predictions made long ago are taking shape.

“It was obvious because in 2004 the Russians did everything to exclude the Iran-Armenia pipeline from being a transit route and now they plan to become the owner of the pipeline,” says member of the political council of the Hanrapetutyun (Republic) Party, analyst Suren Surenyants.

Surenyants points to the fact that Russia insisted the gas pipeline was built with low pressure pipes, but even in that condition, the political analyst says, it has strategic meaning and big perspectives for the Armenian-Iranian relations and possibility of supplying the Iranian gas to Europe via Armenia.

Surenyants warns that Russian ownership of the pipeline will further obligate Armenia to the Russians, who already own 70 percent of Armenia’s energy sources. He calls their intentions “neo imperialistic”.

“The policies of the incumbent regime leads to totally depriving Armenia from the opportunity to maneuver in the foreign policy matters,” says the political analyst. “In that case the economy will unilaterally depend on politics, which will inevitably hinder Armenia’s proportionate development.”

#50 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,665 posts

Posted 31 October 2006 - 03:25 AM

KOCHARIAN CONFIRMS RUSSIAN CONTROL OF IRAN-ARMENIA PIPELINE

article's photo
President Robert Kocharian confirmed on Monday that Russia’s state-run Gazprom monopoly will gain a controlling stake in Armenia’s national gas distribution company that will almost certainly own the incoming gas pipeline from Iran. Gazprom’s board approved and announced on Friday the issuance of additional shares in the ArmRosGazprom (ARG) operator, saying that it will buy all of them and thereby raise its ARG stake from 45 percent to 58 percent. Kocharian confirmed the information as he met with Russian President Vladimir Putin in the Kremlin. “I would like to immediately inform you that all of our serious agreements on energy projects with Gazprom are entering the implementation phase,” he said in remarks posted on the Kremlin’s website. “Just a few days ago, they were finally approved by the Gazprom board.” The Armenian government has until now owned another 45 percent of ARG, with the remaining 10 percent belonging to ITERA, a private Russian gas exporter. There has been no word yet on whether the Russian giant will pay Armenia anything for gaining control of its gas distribution network and further tightening the Russian grip on the Armenian energy sector. All the signs are that the ARG takeover is part of last April's controversial deal that allowed Armenia to avoid a doubling of in the price of gas imported from Russia until January 2009 in exchange for handing over more energy assets to Gazprom. One of those assets is the incomplete but modern Fifth Unit of the country’s largest thermal power plant located in the central town of Hrazdan. Gazprom initially confirmed but later refuted reports that it will also get hold of the Armenian pipeline from Iran as part of the deal. Armenian officials also denied that. Nonetheless, Russian control of the first 40-kilometer Armenian section of the pipeline, slated for completion this winter, now seems a forgone conclusion. Prime Minister Andranik Markarian revealed last week Yerevan’s plans to incorporate the pipeline into ARG, saying that “it would be illogical to have two gas distribution networks in Armenia.” The ARG chief executive, Karen Karapetian, likewise indicated on Friday that his company’s ownership of the pipeline is imminent. “The question is whether the Iran-Armenia pipeline will be a separate enterprise or will be given to ARG,” Karapetian told reporters. “In my view, giving to ARG would be logical.” “ARG has offered to take over that pipeline,” he added. The pipeline in question was supposed to end Armenia’s strong dependence on Russian gas and other energy resources. Critics say that by placing it under Russian control the Armenian government would only deepen that dependence. Moscow is thought to have already made sure that the pipeline’s diameter is not large enough to allow Iran to export its gas to Georgia and other countries via Armenia. This and other economic issues apparently topped the agenda of Kocharian’s talks with Putin, who described as “shameful” the fact that Russia is only the third largest foreign investor in Armenia. “I say ‘shameful’ because it is odd that Russia does not occupy the first place in terms of investments in the economy of its strategic partner,” Putin said. It is not clear if the two men discussed the Kremlin’s controversial blockade of Georgia which is seriously hurting Armenian companies trading with Russia. Meeting with their Russian colleagues earlier this month, senior Armenian lawmakers exposed Yerevan’s frustration with Moscow’s perceived failure to reckon with the interests of its main regional ally in its dealings with the pro-Western government in Tbilisi. Some of the visiting Russian parliamentarians demanded, for their part, that Armenia make a clear-cut “choice” between Russia and Georgia. However, the Kocharian administration has avoided taking sides in the latest Georgian-Russian confrontation, expressing hope for its peaceful settlement. Parliament speaker Tigran Torosian reiterated those hopes at a meeting with the Georgian ambassador to Armenia, Revaz Gachechiladze, on Monday. According to Torosian’s office, Gachechiladze praised Yerevan’s stance as “balanced and acceptable to the international community.” (Itar-Tass-Photolur photo)
* By Emil Danielyan

#51 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,665 posts

Posted 31 October 2006 - 03:26 AM

asum en te chka sut vori kes@ jisht che / iys depqum 100% + jisht er mi ban el avel

#52 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,665 posts

Posted 31 October 2006 - 05:51 AM

Putin: Russia on Shameful Third Place on Investment into Armenian Economy
30.10.2006 18:23 GMT+04:00 Print version Send to mail In Russian In Armenian
/PanARMENIAN.Net/ Russian President Vladimir Putin started the meeting with his Armenian counterpart Robert Kocharian. Putin expects that investments of Russian companies to the economy of Armenia will increase. He stated it, when opening the meeting. “Russia is on shameful third place on investment into Armenian economy,” the Russian leader said. “I say shameful, as it is strange that Russia is not the first on investment into the economy of its strategic partner,” he explained. “However, trade increases and within 8 months it made 60%,” Putin added.

In his turn Robert Kocharian reported that all arrangements between Yerevan and Gazprom are being implemented. “All serious agreements on energy projects are entering the phase of implementation,” he said. He noted Russia’s record of being the third on capital investment volume should be changed. “I do not doubt it will change next year considerably,” Kocharian said. He also reported that the practical implementation of a project of ArmenAl – one of the largest enterprises in the region – was launched a few days ago, reports ITAR-TASS.

#53 Boghos

Boghos

-= Mr Nobility =-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts
  • Interests:literature, cinema, chess, history

Posted 31 October 2006 - 07:18 AM

My take on Gazprom is very different. I really don´t care who owns the pipeline, I just hope he has military might and a good relationship with the owner of the gas. The rest is irrelevant.

Armenian is condemned to be a client state of Russia. This is not bad or good, it is just reality. What are the other choices? Let´s stop dreaming and thinking in unpratical terms. We sometimes get caught up in this nationalistic nonsense. We should use the relationship with Russia as much as we can and not feel victimized. Victimization irritates me profoundly.

#54 Error 404

Error 404

ERROR 404

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 881 posts

Posted 31 October 2006 - 06:20 PM

QUOTE(Boghos @ Oct 31 2006, 05:18 AM) View Post
My take on Gazprom is very different. I really don´t care who owns the pipeline, I just hope he has military might and a good relationship with the owner of the gas. The rest is irrelevant.

Armenian is condemned to be a client state of Russia. This is not bad or good, it is just reality. What are the other choices? Let´s stop dreaming and thinking in unpratical terms. We sometimes get caught up in this nationalistic nonsense. We should use the relationship with Russia as much as we can and not feel victimized. Victimization irritates me profoundly.

I aggree with you Boghos. We should just benefit from the deal as much as possible. It doesn't mean that the infrastructure and the pipeline are now gone forever. If the economy is strong enough and Armenia has wise politicians and businessmen maybe some day in the future they may buy those actives back from Russia, France etc.

We don't even need to get them back as far as those actives are managed very efficiently by foreign owners. That is the law of market economy.

Even rival countries are owning each other's strategic infrastructures.

#55 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,665 posts

Posted 01 November 2006 - 12:27 AM

MORE DETAILS OF RUSSIAN-ARMENIAN GAS DEAL RELEASED

article's photo
New details emerged on Tuesday of the latest Russian-Armenia energy deal that will give Russia’s state-run Gazprom monopoly a commanding share in Armenia’s natural gas distribution network and, most probably, the incoming gas pipeline from Iran. Karen Karapetian, director general of the ArmRosGazprom (ARG) network operator, said Gazprom will pay $118.8 million to raise its share in ARG from the current 45 percent to 58 percent. The takeover was officially announced by the Russian energy giant on Friday and confirmed by President Robert Kocharian on Monday. It appears to be part of a broader Russian-Armenian agreement reached last April. That deal allowed Armenia to temporarily avoid a doubling of the price of imported Russian gas in exchange for ceding more energy assets to Moscow. Those include the incomplete Fifth Unit of the big thermal power plant in Hrazdan. Karapetian revealed that Fifth Unit formally belongs ARG, another 45 percent of which has until now been owned by the Armenian government. That stake will be diluted to approximately 30 percent as a result of the latest deal. “This is the sum needed for buying the Fifth Unit,” Karapetian said of the $118.8 million to be paid by Gazprom. “Who is buying it? ArmRosGazprom. By what means? By means of the issuance of additional shares [in ARG]. Who is buying the new shares? Gazprom.” “Why not the government of Armenia? Ask the government,” he added. The government announced in April that the Russians will pay $248.8 million for the modern facility and spend an additional $180 million on completing it in the next few years. The lump sum may well be including the cost of the first Armenian section of the under-construction pipeline from Iran which is widely expected to be incorporated into the ARG network. Armenian officials for months denied reports that Russian control of the Iran-Armenia pipeline is another, unpublicized provision of the April deal. Still, Prime Minister indicated last week that this is the case, arguing that “it would be illogical to have two gas distribution networks in Armenia.” A leading Moscow daily, “Kommersant,” described on Tuesday the anticipated Russian takeover of the pipeline as the Kremlin’s “main, if not the sole, geopolitical victory in the region registered in the last several years.” Karapetian claimed, however, that the government in Yerevan has not yet decided who will own the pipeline. “Gazprom is right to be willing to buy the pipeline,” he said. “But I don’t know whether or not Armenia will agree to sell it.” The overall deal will reinforce Russia’s already pervasive presence in the Armenian energy sector which government critics in Yerevan say is turning into an economic stranglehold. But Karapetian strongly defended it, downplaying the fact that the bulk of the Armenian gas infrastructure is now owned by Gazprom and another Russian energy firm, ITERA. “We remain an Armenian company not only because we pay taxes and are registered in Armenia but because you will find few companies that have invested $83 million here in the last four years,” he told a news conference. Armenia’s severe energy crisis of the early 1990s disrupted centralized gas supplies to virtually all individual consumers. ARG, which currently employs some 6,000 people, began slowly but steadily restoring them shortly after its establishment as a Russian-Armenian joint venture in 1997. The process gained momentum in 2002 and seems to be nearing completion. According to the ARG chief executive, 84 percent of the country’s households now have access to gas, saving at least $160 million in combined expenditures on winter heating each year. (Photolur photo: Karen Karapetian.)
* By Anna Saghabalian

#56 Johannes

Johannes

Յովհաննէս

• Nobility
  • 2,911 posts

Posted 01 November 2006 - 11:42 AM

May be I am wrong

Karogh e skhalvenk. Mite Hayastan Zinamterk gnel e yev partq ouni, sakayn tchi uzum batsahaytel.

Petakan gaghtnik e, yev ayspisi paymanagrerov, hatoutsoum e ir partq.

#57 Error 404

Error 404

ERROR 404

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 881 posts

Posted 01 November 2006 - 12:22 PM

QUOTE(Johannes @ Nov 1 2006, 09:42 AM) View Post
May be I am wrong

Karogh e skhalvenk. Mite Hayastan Zinamterk gnel e yev partq ouni, sakayn tchi uzum batsahaytel.

Petakan gaghtnik e, yev ayspisi paymanagrerov, hatoutsoum e ir partq.

Chi bacarvum ...

#58 Yervant1

Yervant1

The True North!

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,483 posts

Posted 02 November 2006 - 09:46 AM

Russia's state-controlled natural gas monopoly said Thursday it will more than double the price it charges Georgia, further heightening tensions between the ex-Soviet neighbors.

Gazprom said in a statement that it will charge Georgia $230 per 1,000 cubic meters of gas -- up from $110 it charges now.

Relations have been rocky since Georgia briefly detained and deported four alleged Russian spies in late September.

High level talks between the countries on Wednesday failed to bridge the divide that exists in several other areas, including Georgia's drive to join NATO and the European Union, as well as the issue of some breakaway regions in Georgia that are being propped up by Moscow.

After the purported deportation of Russian spies, Moscow hit Georgia with a transport and postal blockade, and cracked down on Russia's Georgian migrants, whose financial remittances have been helping to sustain Georgia's economy.

Georgian officials have said they expect the blockade to wipe 1.5 percentage points from its economic growth this year.

Georgian Foreign Minister Gela Bezhuashvili, who's visiting Moscow, said Russia's move to hike gas export prices comes as no surprise. But he urged Moscow to make sure it does not cut off gas and energy to Georgia this winter.

Relations between Moscow and Tbilisi (Georgia's capital) have deteriorated since the 2004 election of Georgian President Mikhail Saakashvili.

With an education that includes a law degree from the U.S. and a diploma from the International Institute of Human Rights in Strasbourg, France, Saakashvili has sought to bolster his country's ties with the West and join NATO in 2008.

Moscow has so far shrugged off Western calls for lifting the sanctions against Georgia.

Russia justified its actions saying the Georgian government is plotting to bring the breakaway provinces of Abkhazia and South Ossetia back into the fold by force -- allegations which Georgia denies.

Gazprom has consistently argued that price increases for former Soviet neighbors are a long overdue recalibration toward market pricing. But the increases have been widely seen in the West as part of the Kremlin's attempts to rein in ex-Soviet neighbors.

Georgia consumes about two billion cubic metres of gas a year. Gazprom supplies around 1.5 billion cubic metres of that supply.

With files from The Associated Press

#59 skhara

skhara

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 750 posts

Posted 02 November 2006 - 04:41 PM

Hopefully they keep to just screwing Georgia and leave Armenia out of this.

#60 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,665 posts

Posted 03 November 2006 - 08:40 PM

the big Brother / Russ Qerin / the nation who has been controlling ARmenia and 14 other republics for 70 years

This is the nation / The Smart / Innovative / ......

that's the president then guess what are normal citizen doing ?? ha ??

so the next day he calls his Brother from Poland to help him
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-I27qCC2BLU

3rd day - has decided to live the bike at home
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4AdD1Sfx3eg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users