ara baliozian

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,361 posts
  • Interests:literature

Posted 19 June 2001 - 06:07 AM

OF LIES AND LIARS
"Armenians who emigrate and badmouth the Homeland are liars," I read in a recent commentary by a patriotic pundit. My own experience tells me, the number of lies and liars rises as you rise in the hierarchy. Here are some random cases in point:
On his first visit to New York, President Levon declared: "Unity, unity, unity!" and shortly thereafter kicked the ARF out of Armenia.
On his first visit to Los Angeles, Pres. Kocharian declared: "Under my administration, corruption on all levels has come to an end.!"
The R in ARF (Tashnak Party) stands for Revolutionary: it should stand for Reactionary.
The D in ADL (Ramgavar Party) stands for Democratic: it is nothing of the kind.
During the Soviet era the AGBU was also known as the KGBU; I have also heard it described as "neither Armenian, nor General or Benevolent."
The Catholicos of All Armenians is nothing of the kind since the overwhelming majority of Armenians are Anteliassagans, Protestants, Catholics, atheists, agnostics, and Muslim.
And now from the abstract and the general to the particular and concrete: In a letter written by a woman in Yerevan I once read: "The only way for a woman to survive here is to become a prostitute."
True or false?
Our patriotic pundit mentioned above would probably say "False!" But I for one would take her declaration with some degree of skepticism.

#2 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 19 June 2001 - 07:06 AM

Ara, I will tell you what you are. You are an agent provocateur. What you write here are lies. Big lies. You know it. Still you persist to repeat the same crap. Who is paying you to do that job? The Canadian government? Or are doing this because you have been kicked out of every armenian publication and newspaper you worked for and you are taking your revenge? Tell us the truth.

#3 MJ

MJ

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,343 posts
  • Interests:Theology, Tennis, Jazz, Modern Art, Red Wine

Posted 19 June 2001 - 08:54 AM

Hovik,

You have your first Warning.

#4 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 19 June 2001 - 09:40 AM

[ June 19, 2001: Message edited by: Garo ]

#5 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,196 posts

Posted 19 June 2001 - 09:49 AM

Hovik jan This is your #2 Warning.
man be nice!

#6 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,196 posts

Posted 19 June 2001 - 09:53 AM

Hovik Aran Hye Mtavorakana yete ir garaparneri het hamadziyn ches yev kam ches havanum karor es du inqt qo mtorummnert iyster grel ,
yete MJ linelov Hye Forumi Rekavar zgushatsnum e qez, barekam jan - voch mi baroyakan iravung chunes hayhoyelu iren,

Hovik jan yek barekamner mnanq , mi qich ushadrutyun darstru barerit @entrutyan vra ...

Movses

#7 ara baliozian

ara baliozian

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,361 posts
  • Interests:literature

Posted 19 June 2001 - 10:02 AM

dear forum master:
please don't kick hovik out.
he is one of my most faithful readers.
and the canadian government pays me by the number of my faithful readers.
kicking him out would mean a decrease in my salary.
thank you! / ara

#8 THOTH

THOTH

Veteran

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts
  • Interests:many

Posted 19 June 2001 - 10:06 AM

Hovik - you are a smart guy - don't resort to such. Everyone (every Armenian) at some point I think will have a problem with some particular Ara post or aspect of a post. Many, like you, just don't like what he says at all. However I think there are more constructive ways to disagree. If you think he is posting unfactually or in error I suggest providing examples to refute him. Otherwise I encourage civility - even if you think the worst of Ara (I just think you misunderstand his aims/targets & role etc).

And if MJ may have been heavy handed in giving you the warning (as I first thought) - after your response to Ara - I feel that he is perhaps justified considering your response to him. Please try to keep it cool brother....

#9 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 19 June 2001 - 10:31 AM

I insulted MJ because I was given a warning without me insulting anybody.
The sentences addressed to A.Baliozian are not more insulting than the ones Ara adresses to the armenians in general. So before giving me a warning next time take this into consideration. That's one thing. I am considering that I am in my way bringing my contribution to this forum. If you are not happy with that you can end this right now. It's up to you. This is not an absolute need for me at all. But the first warning I was given was not justified, be honest with yourself. There was no insult in my first posting.

#10 AntranigBey

AntranigBey

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 21 December 2006 - 04:02 PM

There is no greater form of patriotism than self criticism.

Without Ara, many would still wander the Earth wondering "why am I the only one who doesn't see the plank in the communities eye?" It's not 'amot' to say these things. It's a shame to let it exist, and be such a significant part of our modern identity.

#11 zurderer

zurderer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 382 posts

Posted 22 December 2006 - 07:27 AM

I think that canada goverment pays more than Turkish one. I wish, instead of Turkey, I worked for Canada.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users