#21 Harut

Harut

Վերնագիր

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,734 posts
  • Interests:uninterested...

Posted 29 March 2001 - 11:20 PM

I was going to post similar topic when i saw this. i really wander how come Armenians have so wide range of ethnical appearance?
what's the reason for this?
one more question: what are the real roots of Armenians? some say they are Middle Easterns (which i really don't believe), some say eorupeans, some say Coucausians( Kavkasians, I don't know the word in English )

#22 mankun

mankun

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 28 September 2001 - 04:25 PM

The girl looks very beautiful. She can pass for Chinese in our northwestern regions, where this phenotype is not uncommon. More so if she was living in the Xinjiang Uygur region. She looks Uygur, Uzbek and Tajiki.

I have seen one other girl in Belgrade who looks like her. Her father is a Chinese professor and the mother is a Yugoslavian blonde woman.

#23 ThornyRose

ThornyRose

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 761 posts
  • Interests:a little bit of everything.

Posted 28 September 2001 - 10:21 PM

quote:
Originally posted by mankun:
She looks Uygur, Uzbek and Tajiki.

Now you just ınsulted a whole load of people here... LOL...

#24 ThornyRose

ThornyRose

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 761 posts

Posted 28 September 2001 - 10:24 PM

Argh, sorry for the "ı"... Monitor is too far away to tell which one I was last using, sometimes.

#25 mankun

mankun

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 29 September 2001 - 11:56 AM

Uygurs, Uzbeks, Tajikis---to me they are all mixtures of Iranian Aryans with East Asian races. A beautiful mix if you agree with me?

Besides, all ethnicities living on the old silk routes (Chinese, Central Asians, Persians, Indo-Pakistanis, Caucasus peoples, Anatolians, etc.) are not clearly defined races. It is not very conventional to just list these groups as Mongoloid or Caucasoid races as it is nebulus at best. Genetic distances, mtDNA, nuclear (Y) chromosome testing have consistently proven that people living on these old silk routes have mixed frequently via migrations, trade and warfare. They are the most mixed folks on this earth.

#26 ThornyRose

ThornyRose

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 761 posts

Posted 29 September 2001 - 02:00 AM

quote:
Originally posted by mankun:
Uygurs, Uzbeks, Tajikis---to me they are all mixtures of Iranian Aryans with East Asian races. A beautiful mix if you agree with me?

Besides, all ethnicities living on the old silk routes (Chinese, Central Asians, Persians, Indo-Pakistanis, Caucasus peoples, Anatolians, etc.) are not clearly defined races. It is not very conventional to just list these groups as Mongoloid or Caucasoid races as it is nebulus at best. Genetic distances, mtDNA, nuclear (Y) chromosome testing have consistently proven that people living on these old silk routes have mixed frequently via migrations, trade and warfare. They are the most mixed folks on this earth.

Tell that to the load of people out there who would feel insulted - not me!
You wanna know about myself? I am a citizen of this world! I am glad I produced this thread, for future reference: /cgi-bin/forum/ultim...ic&f=1&t=000319

#27 khodja

khodja

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,295 posts
  • Interests:genocide recognition

Posted 29 September 2001 - 09:37 AM

Mankun,

What you speak of has been proven by numerous academics. For Armenians, this is very difficult to digest because they are a Christian nation which looks to the West, instead of the East. There are parts of historic Armenia where there was more mixing with northern Europeans. I, for one, appear French. But anyone who can transcend the Armenian mythology and just look around in an Armenian crowd, can clearly see the East Asian influences in the Armenian gene pool. We are as mixed as the Turks.

#28 mankun

mankun

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 29 September 2001 - 04:42 PM

Khodja,

Even among Europeans, you readily see the apparent physical differences as well. Only the Scandinavians and northern Germans are the least mixed and that is also changing with worldwide contact and immigration.

I think the West has duped us for a long time with these race theories and thinking. Remember, we were all one during Adam and Eve. And, all peoples must have come from Armenia (in Mt. Ararat) after Noah and the Arc.

#29 khodja

khodja

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,295 posts
  • Interests:genocide recognition

Posted 01 October 2001 - 10:47 AM

Mankun,

We are at the threshold of a new age. Just as the Renaissance awakened humankind in Europe centuries ago, the scientific revolution will usher us into this new age of Enlightenment. DNA research will dispel many myths. The central question is how humankind will use this new found knowledge.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users