#1 Azat

Azat

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,969 posts
  • Interests:wine, beer, food, art, jokes

Posted 28 January 2004 - 09:27 PM

I know we have talked about this in different threads in this forum, but I feel it is worth bringing it up again.

I have met 3 different Armenian women in the last couple of months who all have told me that they would ABSOLUTELY not go out or marry any Armenian man. sad.gif

What has happened that all of a sudden we ALL are scums? I thought a person was suppose to choose their soul mate based on the individual and not the group.

Don't get me wrong. I completely know that there are many A-holes out there and I see them each and ever time I go anyplace in Glendale, but to come out and say "I will never go out/marry and Armenian" is wrong and shallow as well. no?

I don't know. Maybe I am completely wrong.

#2 Dan

Dan

Banned. Never to Return.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,589 posts

Posted 28 January 2004 - 09:32 PM

It's called stereotyping, Azat. The pastime of shallow people. rolleyes.gif

#3 Anonymouse

Anonymouse

Julius Caesar was a salad dressing dude!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,244 posts

Posted 28 January 2004 - 09:36 PM

It's just the way the egalitarian ideologies have made there way.

In America the current evil person is the middle class white male, and in the Armenian community, the Armenian male has acquired a similar status.

#4 Dan

Dan

Banned. Never to Return.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,589 posts

Posted 28 January 2004 - 09:38 PM

In America the current evil person is the middle class white male, and in the Armenian community, the Armenian male has acquired a similar status.

wow.. i couldn't have said it any better lol... are you a member of the WNP by any chance?!?!?!!?!? lol!!! laugh.gif just checking.. biggrin.gif o wait, you're in the States though.. rolleyes.gif

#5 angel4hope

angel4hope

look at me...i can fly!...sploosh!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,595 posts
  • Interests:too many to list... btw i love eye candy! therefore my addiction, and hence my diabetes :(

Posted 28 January 2004 - 09:40 PM

hey azat jan...mee mtatsi...i dont think armenian men are sucm! there are alotta creeps..but in every race and even gender...in fact sometimes i believe that our armenian men are more respectful-some not all- and that whities cant try to measure up to certain things..like respect...true its a person to person issue..and i myself hate generalizing..but i dont thikn that i would ever say--ALL armenian men are scumm..there are good ones...somewhere out there..and over the ranibow...lol that wuold make them gay though... lol

#6 Accelerated

Accelerated

eh?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,110 posts
  • Interests:always changing

Posted 28 January 2004 - 09:46 PM

i would ever say--ALL armenian men are scumm..there are good ones...somewhere out there..and over the ranibow...lol

somwhere out there!?! What about the guys on this forum? smile.gif Except for Sip of course....you dont have to justify putting him in the 'scumm' category. laugh.gif j/k

#7 Anonymouse

Anonymouse

Julius Caesar was a salad dressing dude!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,244 posts

Posted 28 January 2004 - 09:48 PM

QUOTE (Dan @ Jan 28 2004, 09:38 PM)
wow.. i couldn't have said it any better lol... are you a member of the WNP by any chance?!?!?!!?!? lol!!! laugh.gif just checking.. biggrin.gif o wait, you're in the States though.. rolleyes.gif

No I refuse to be a member of political fringe groups or ideology for that matter. I'd be better classified as an 'anarchist' for technical purposes.

I'm just stating the truth. When they were handind out victim status to everyone, I forgot to get my victimhood recognized. Us bub eyed peoples are victims too you know. I want some affirmitive action and stuff.

#8 angel4hope

angel4hope

look at me...i can fly!...sploosh!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,595 posts
  • Interests:too many to list... btw i love eye candy! therefore my addiction, and hence my diabetes :(

Posted 28 January 2004 - 09:49 PM

aw acel hmmmm this is a toughie....id have 2 break it 2 yah..ure scum... j/k ure a sweety...most everyone on the forum is....except u know... wink.gif j/k ur cool, armo77's cool, azat, mousie,dan...most everyone..no ones scum... wink.gif so chillax dude!

#9 Armo77

Armo77

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 397 posts

Posted 28 January 2004 - 10:01 PM

Ok, so Armenian women dont like us Armenian men.. There is plenty of other women that do. I dont worry about it too much.

#10 Sip

Sip

Buffet Connoisseur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,366 posts

Posted 28 January 2004 - 10:20 PM

QUOTE (Dan @ Jan 28 2004, 09:32 PM)
It's called stereotyping, Azat. The pastime of shallow people. rolleyes.gif

Did that post make you shallow too? tongue.gif

#11 Dan

Dan

Banned. Never to Return.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,589 posts

Posted 28 January 2004 - 10:23 PM

QUOTE (Sip @ Jan 28 2004, 11:20 PM)
Did that post make you shallow too? tongue.gif

What post? I meant, stereotyping all men as shallow.. not the post being shallow lol.. unsure.gif

#12 hyebruin

hyebruin

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 28 January 2004 - 10:58 PM

QUOTE (Anonymouse @ Jan 28 2004, 08:48 PM)
When they were handind out victim status to everyone, I forgot to get my victimhood recognized. Us bub eyed peoples are victims too you know. I want some affirmitive action and stuff.

oooohhhh!!! so honest and soooo true!!! you have Baaaaals!!! i just LOVE it when people get real with what's on their mind!!! especially about poltical and social stuff!!! wink.gif great job mousey jan! (meant that as a noun, not an adjective!) tongue.gif

#13 Sip

Sip

Buffet Connoisseur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,366 posts

Posted 28 January 2004 - 11:01 PM

QUOTE (Dan @ Jan 28 2004, 10:23 PM)
What post? I meant, stereotyping all men as shallow.. not the post being shallow lol..  unsure.gif

Dan, posting "stereotyping ... the passtime of shallow people" is an act of stereotyping in and of itself. wink.gif

#14 Anileve

Anileve

Epicure Maximus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,201 posts
  • Interests:Running around at dawn and poking innocent bystanders with pipe cleaners.

Posted 28 January 2004 - 11:03 PM

QUOTE (Azat @ Jan 28 2004, 11:27 PM)
I know we have talked about this in different threads in this forum, but I feel it is worth bringing it up again.

I have met 3 different Armenian women in the last couple of months who all have told me that they would ABSOLUTELY not go out or marry any Armenian man. sad.gif

What has happened that all of a sudden we ALL are scums? I thought a person was suppose to choose their soul mate based on the individual and not the group.

Don't get me wrong. I completely know that there are many A-holes out there and I see them each and ever time I go anyplace in Glendale, but to come out and say "I will never go out/marry and Armenian" is wrong and shallow as well. no?

I don't know. Maybe I am completely wrong.

Azatik jan, 3 women is not enough to generalize. For example I do not fit such category, although I wouldn't date you I did accept your proposal to be your Mother. Anyway, that would be the same thing as dating you, since pretty much every Armenian woman has to play both roles of a Mother and...a Mother. At least this way we live by official titles. tongue.gif

#15 hyebruin

hyebruin

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 28 January 2004 - 11:10 PM

to more specifically answer your question there azat jan: it's not that they're "scum" or whatever...some certainly are!! more like toxic fungus i would say....but the fact is: men, especially armenian men for the most part are not good at communicating! and don't even consider it a very essential part of a relationship! they "know what's right" and that's the end of it! "g@neegner@ khelque chunen!" dry.gif that's another popular one i've heard quite a few times!! and what women need is someone who will listen to them and will try to understand their point of view; of course once someone is "too busy" for putting in the time required for their partner, then they should not be surprised with the growing resentment and the distance that will come between them!

so, attitude like that turns women off eventually if they have any self-respect for themselves! not ALL men are that way, but come on now! isn't this type of mentality juuuust a little too pervasive? ---and as far as odar women...they'll find out soon enough and won't put up with it either unless they're feeble minded and don't know any better!

#16 Anileve

Anileve

Epicure Maximus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,201 posts
  • Interests:Running around at dawn and poking innocent bystanders with pipe cleaners.

Posted 28 January 2004 - 11:34 PM

QUOTE (hyebruin @ Jan 29 2004, 01:10 AM)
to more specifically answer your question there azat jan: it's not that they're "scum" or whatever...some certainly are!! more like toxic fungus i would say....but the fact is: men, especially armenian men for the most part are not good at communicating! and don't even consider it a very essential part of a relationship! they "know what's right" and that's the end of it! "g@neegner@ khelque chunen!" dry.gif  that's another popular one i've heard quite a few times!! and what women need is someone who will listen to them and will try to understand their point of view; of course once someone is "too busy" for putting in the time required for their partner, then they should not be surprised with the growing resentment and the distance that will come between them!

so, attitude like that turns women off eventually if they have any self-respect for themselves! not ALL men are that way, but come on now! isn't this type of mentality juuuust a little too pervasive? ---and as far as odar women...they'll find out soon enough and won't put up with it either unless they're feeble minded and don't know any better!

Bruin jan, Ha! That reminds me, another one I heard very often is that Men think with their brains and women think with their emotions....Ahem, if that was true there wouldn't be that many fights over women.

Another great one I had a pleasure of hearing was after I was very upset with my Economics exam grade. He turned around with a smile and with a self satisfaction in his exceptional ability to comfort one in pain he uttered this profound phrase: “Ah, don't worry about it. Anyway it's not important for a woman to be smart, as long as you look good it's fine” I am not exaggerating, I am sure he expected my many thanks, and Oh I thanked him! Although surprisingly he was offended at the choice of words in my gratitude. blink.gif biggrin.gif And yes he was Armenian, but I still have faith, I pray every night and although sometimes times can be trying and disheartening but it's all about the wait and overcoming the obstacles, I am just afraid that by the time my faith is validated I won't have enough teeth in my mouth to smile at my fortune. wheelchair.gif

Edited by anileve, 28 January 2004 - 11:34 PM.

#17 Azat

Azat

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,969 posts

Posted 29 January 2004 - 12:44 AM

Eve, have you ever listened to Tom Lycus? He has the most popular radio show nation wide and he says that same exact thing all the time about women not needing to be smart. So it is not just Armenian men you say that, it is all kinds of men.

Bruinchik, when I hear stories about Armenian men who say those things or who treat their wifes like crap. I get pissed at those idiot, but I also blame some of these women who don't stand up for them selves and kick those aholes to the curb. They would never say that to an odar woman because they know they would get their asses kicked, so why should our ladies not kick some ass too. I just think that when a women stand up for them selves it automatically makes the men respect them more.

Anyways I talk to much.

#18 hyebruin

hyebruin

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 29 January 2004 - 03:01 AM

right said azat!!! agree 100% evelina jan, what can i say?? it seems this day and age if we want quality we gotta wait 'till osteoporosis kicks in!!! sad.gif sad.gif ...

oh and tom lycus!!! i hate that f*&^% sob!!!! he makes sense though sometimes!!! but he's a *&$%#!!!! he says "men get married when they realize they're not hot enough to get all the chicks they want"....

i used to get very angry and depressed listening to him!! sad.gif

Edited by hyebruin, 29 January 2004 - 03:03 AM.

#19 Azat

Azat

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,969 posts

Posted 29 January 2004 - 08:52 AM

Evelina jan, I know that taking the answers of 3 women and generalizing it is not the right thing to do, and maybe I am wrong and there is no issue about it. But I have a feeling that many women feel this way and I am more interested in the reasons why people may feel like this. After all there are jerks in every single culture out there. Why just come out and say that you would not choose one from your culture just because they are one?

Armo77, that is not the issue. I know there are many who do, but I am wondering how all of a sudden we became so bad.

Angel, agree with much of what you said.

#20 gurgen

gurgen

You talking to me?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,031 posts
  • Interests:tennis, chess, football (the real one), games

Posted 29 January 2004 - 09:18 AM

Just ignore those women, they're just having an indentity crisis tongue.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users