My message to the 1/2 breed

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 28 September 2000 - 04:53 PM

Listen up. Biologically I'm 50% Armenian, but I consider myself 100% Armenian. My mayr is an assimilated Armenian in my eyes. As for Armenian women not marrying Armenian men? THAT IS THE DUMBEST THING I EVER HEARD. Our ancestors gave up everything, their homeland, their money, EVERYTHING to maintain their Armenian identity. Armenians must marry only Armenian. Our fist languange must be NONE OTHER THAN ARMENIAN. I am ashamed that I do not yet know the language. Deghatsis rule. They are true Armenians, they know the sorrow of the Armenian nation. Diasporan rejects like you, however, do not.

BY Diasporan, I mean assimilated Americans.

[This message has been edited by TigrannesIII (edited September 28, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by Garo (edited September 29, 2000).]

#2 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 28 September 2000 - 05:01 PM

Here we go again...

Steve, let it go, please...

Do you believe now that we need a Code of Conduct?

#3 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 28 September 2000 - 05:21 PM

Tigranness, wow I am amazed there are great Armenians like you! You truly respect your culture which I respect. Steve by the way that 14 yr old guy(me even though Im not 14) who you say is an idiot knows Armenian, Russian, English, Spanish. I guess I am a little smart after all. Also I have a 3.9 GPA being involved in 3 clubs, have 2 credits of communtiy service hours and about to go to UCLA!

[This message has been edited by art (edited September 28, 2000).]

#4 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 28 September 2000 - 05:21 PM

Tigranness, wow I am amazed there are great Armenians like you! You truly respect your culture which I respect. Steve by the way that 14 yr old guy(me even though Im not 14) who you say is an idiot knows Armenian, Russian, English, Spanish. I guess I am a little smart after all. How about you try to learn four languages.

#5 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 29 September 2000 - 04:28 AM

Tigran barekamnes. If you don't know Armenian language go learn it. I am not Armenian, but I am learning it. My aunt's husbend can speak Armenian very well, but he is not Armenian andd we don't have Armenian relatives at all, but many of our relatives know Armenian. So you are 50% Armenian it shouldn't be a big deal to learn it. Also farsisteve is learning Armenian alphabet, these efforts are valuable.

#6 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 29 September 2000 - 09:23 PM

I've edited TigrannesIII's post and deleted Half Breed's and Art's posts.
I'm really getting tired of this.

Half Breed
don't you think it's enough to complain and cry about your discrimination?
Have you read your posts in HyeForum? Most of them are complains and thoughts that are not acceptable for most of the members of this forum. And later or sooner someone gets tired of your posts and we see the results like above posts I deleted.
I have nothing personal against you. I'm able to listen and discuss any opinion about any topic. What I'm trying to do is to keep some basic ethic norms inside this forum.
If these are unsuitable for you, you have chance to leave this forum forever. Otherwise I promise you worse solution.

#7 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 30 September 2000 - 08:45 AM

Garo

What about Art's side of it? He is as much to blame. You say you deleted both their msgs but I only see you having a go at half breed when half the time other ppl are provoking him.

And another thing. You dont mention anything to art about the RACIST topics he brings up (why do ugly armo girls go out with black guys, etc,) and you KEEP his messages on the board!

I'm not trying to argue with ppl here but i just think it is unfair thats all.

#8 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 30 September 2000 - 08:55 AM

Dear all,

I didnt want to upset any1. But i think we should all be peaceful on this forum. It's all about armenian people, (and even people interedted in armenian people!) getting together to find each other and talk, no matter of you are all, half, a quater, a thousanth.

#9 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 30 September 2000 - 12:23 PM

Gazza, Thank you! You are so right!

Garo, why didn't you delete all of Tigranes attack against me? Also you left Art's attack alone, then deleted my rebuttal to him, where I tell him that I do already speak 4 languages? You claim you have nothing against me, but I wonder. You are very selective about what you delete and not. You are so wrong that my postings always offend other people. 90% of my postings are positive, and I avoid personally attacking, until I am provoked. I suppose my recent posts have been very disagreeable? I have many posts about language issues, music and also recently I show quite a bit of Anti Turkish feelings that have recently welled up in me. So what is the problem?

#10 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 30 September 2000 - 01:29 PM

Tigran jan, I agree with your opinion in every matter you have stated. I feel great and my day is brightened when I meet such patriotic people like you. I believe this is key for the survival of Armenians in the Diaspora. I also believe every Armenian should like every Armenian no matter if he is .5 or .25 or .3333 or if he is from Iran Beruit or whatever. If all Armenians had stuck to each other centuries ago we would have controlled much of the Middle East. We shouldnt be fighting, instead we should express our opinions and understand each other. Last thing, please dont make a negative comment which pertains to someone here regarding where he is from!

#11 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 30 September 2000 - 02:42 PM

Art, I don't know, I sense a certain amount of detente in your last posting. I believe your last comment directed to Tigranes was almost (not totally) a rebuttal to his attacking "Diasporan" Armenians such as myself. Fine. I am willing to bury the hatchet and move on. You are obviously a smart kid! But you still do come off as a kid, but that's ok! You are young. By the way, arten chorsat lezu imanumem! Imanumem vor im hayeren's amenalav ashkharum chi, bayts inch anem? khosumem, yev hima aybubenem sovorum. Arten imanumes vor Barskerenem khosum (aveli lav kante hayeren!) yev Spanierenem khosum. Chem manum heres asum "learn 4 languages!" Lay off the personal attacks and we can get along fine. I think what angers me about you is how you dare say I hate my Armenian heritage. Would I be learning the alphabet, speaking Armenian, coming on an Armenian Forum and defending Armenians to odars if I hated my heritage? YOu don't seem to understand how this hurts me when you say things like that. You do have a valid point about me making negative remarks about Hayanstansis. I have already apologized on this forum a long time ago for that. It is time to move on!

#12 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 30 September 2000 - 02:54 PM

Kazza and Half Breed
I'm not going to explain why I did this or that. I blame everyone who breaks the ethic rules of this forum.
Half Breed I'm not sure why your anti turkish feelings have been increased recently. I hope your pro-armenian feelings will increase also and you'll edit some of your posts about our forum and armenians in cyberiran.com's forum.

#13 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 30 September 2000 - 05:36 PM

Garo Farsisteve has not written bad things about hye forum at www.cyberiran.com

beside I have similar problems, I'm also under attack at the Georgian forum because I'm Iranian Georgian. I believe that we in Iran and you from ex-Soviet union have some recently developed differences in menthality, butit shouldn't be a big deal to have peaceful and creative contacts with each other.

#14 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 30 September 2000 - 06:16 PM

Dear Iranyar,

With all due respect, I feel intervening, here. Per your earlier advice, I have visited the Georgian Web site and have ready your discussions with the rest in that forum. I have found that you unduly antagonize them, request them to comfort you for the discomforts that you straggle with in your personal life, as if they are obligated to “pamper” you. I have also found that contrary to your earlier statements, they are very normal, intelligent people, and their tone of conversation is quite civil, at least the part which is taking place in English.

Probably one thing that we - Armenians from Armenia have common with the Georgians from Georgia is that we feel secure, we are in peace with our identity, and while we are ready to be sympathetic and understanding to those who do experience crisis one or another way, we don’t feel guilty for their crisis.

I also found that your “mediation” between the two forums is somewhat biased. I don’t mean you are doing this intentionally, but I feel that you have taken some of the statements of Georgians about Armenia, and the opposite way, out of context, while communicating them to the other side. As a result, in both forums there is an impression that each forum has negative feelings towards the other, or has territorial or some other claims to each other. However, I have found that our feelings to each other are friendlier, than what you have presented to the opposite side.

Again, I don’t mean you are pursuing some kind of negative politics here, but rather I think you feel so emotional about your issues, that are not necessarily acting as an impartial mediator with the purpose of facilitation of improved relations between the two nations.

To attest to the absence of my negative feelings towards you, I just want to say I have visited the Georgian forum quite some time ago – the day you referred me to them- but had not expressed any dissatisfaction as of today. I think today you have taken things out of the context, again, and I just want to say that I don’t find your opinions to be really unbiased in the context of the discussions in this tread.

P.S. Since you have pasted excerpts of my earlier statements regarding Armenian-Georgian issues in their forum, I wonder if you would find expedient to paste there this remark of mine in its entirety.

[This message has been edited by MJ (edited September 30, 2000).]

#15 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 30 September 2000 - 08:14 PM

w

[This message has been edited by art (edited September 30, 2000).]

#16 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 30 September 2000 - 08:16 PM

Steve I'd like to thank you for your willingness to move on. Just 2 things. Bro, I am not a kid. Im 17 years old and active in many programs at my school with a decent GPA. Also I never said learn 4 languages I just said I know 4 languages. Im sorry if you ever were ever offended by my comments but I hate it when I see an Armenian who is not nationalist. I feel as though we have to wish for the best for each other. The one thing I feel strong about is watching some of our beautiful Armenian women go away to odars. In your case Im glad that your mother has kept her roots and passed it on to her children but I guarentee you most will not. I believe that Armenians should always stick to each other and take care of each other. The other day I met this girl at a store. She looked like a Phillipine girl(she was fine by the way). So I started talking to her and she asked what nationality I was and I replied "Armenian." Then she's like "Barev, vonces." I was like "eyaaaaaaa hye ek." Her dad is Armenian and mother Phillipine and she knows how to speak Armenian fluently as well as to read & write. I was amazed. I love to hear things like this. I hope you saw the other side of me.

#17 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 01 October 2000 - 07:36 AM

Dear Art,

Finally, I see the decent MAN behind this exterior that you have been showing. I think we are too few (Armenians) to hate each other. Just realize when I criticize Armenians it is because I expect more from them, which means ultimately I hold them in high esteem. As for the Phillipine/Armenian girl, what a weird coincidence, I have 2nd cousins who are half Philipino/half Armenian but are Armenian from their mom's side. They too speak Armenian and are Armenian Orthodox, though they don't read or write. Yes, I agree somewhat that in mixed marriages Armenian culture tends not to be preserved. Don't think I sometimes don't go through the idea of how much easier it would be if both my parents were Armenian. My pride and coming to terms with being a half Breed is a relatively recent thing(and I guess I am still working on it). Throughout my life I went through one extreme to another, either I was totally Armenian and hating being American, or vice versa. Now I realize God has decided I am going to be both, and for me to enjoy it. Thanks for finally understanding me. I hope we can dialogue rather than fight. Also, I am 32, so technically I could be your dad! So be nice to me

#18 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 01 October 2000 - 07:44 AM

Dear Garo,

I don't know where you are getting the idea that I am Hye Forum bashing on Cyberiran. I did do that at first, because I was angry at some people on this forum, but that was months ago. But see, this is one of the bad traits of our people, grudgeholding, you just won't let it go. I long ago apologized publically on Cyberiran for my misguided comments about Berj, who I thought was the one who came on Cyberiran to antagonize me. I wish you would use the same fervor for chastizing with some of the other Forum users who are just as offensive.

#19 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 01 October 2000 - 10:34 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Half Breed:
Dear Garo,

I don't know where you are getting the idea that I am Hye Forum bashing on Cyberiran. I did do that at first, because I was angry at some people on this forum, but that was months ago

I got that idea from my first and last visit to CynerIran's forum at that time.

#20 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 02 October 2000 - 12:57 AM

Half breed, 30% , 40%, 100%....
Sorry guys , for me all these is ' b u l l '

If you feel Armenian, if you love Armenia, if you love Armenians and 0% of you is biological Armenian , then for me you are 100% Armenian.

Believe me , there are 100% bioligical rmenians , for whom I am not proud to say that they are my brothers.

I know a guy , whose wife was Armenian, but the guy , wow , he is more Armenian than most of us....

Take it easy and don't pay attention to outside voices or 'noises' of stupidity.

However , I would beg you to stop all these discussions of percentage and the parafenaliae. It does not help, it only aggravates the less gifted ones....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users