Impressions Of The Day

• Please log in to reply
6840 replies to this topic

#1 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 12 December 2000 - 03:38 AM

I have a suggestion How would you guys like to post your "Impressions Of The Day" under this topic? You can use up the space to express your frustration or you can tell a short funny story or just an interesting thought that has crossed your mind during the day. It will be like a collage of the Hye Forum members' day Any objections?

#2 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 12 December 2000 - 09:18 AM

Glad to see you back here.

(that's mine for today )

#3 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 12 December 2000 - 10:50 AM

barev Sulamita,

So you are back from armenia, you still have not tell me, from which city/town does your father come from. Have you told him about those towns I told you?

#4 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 12 December 2000 - 04:42 PM

Alright, Aneta jan....here we go

this week, my car's in the shop, and it's finals week, and my friend is here from out of town, and i have things to do and my car's in the shop!!!! lol, I've become so spoiled since I got that car, now I can't live without it. Today I took the bus to school and I hadn't done that in the longest time and it just felt so odd. I've always kinda felt sorry for the people riding these buses to their jobs in beverly hills or westwood, etc.. They're mostly low income hispanics that are gardeners, housekeepers, maids, construction workers, you name it. When I used to take the bus more often I'd often think well I got no money but at least I'll have an education which will lead to money. But if you think about it, they don't even have that comforting thought to get them through their day and through their lives. It's a depressing thought. It hit me again today; it always affects me.

that's my thought for the day

gayancho

#5 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 13 December 2000 - 01:43 PM

Different day, different reflection

I'm writing a research paper for a poli sci class, but you know me, I've managed to turn this into a psychology paper almost...lol

I was looking at gender differences in reactions to political speeches when I discovered a variable even the professor had missed. It turns out the wheel turns in this case on the very gender specific styles of communication of men and women. Women tend to use weak language, sound apologetic and explanatory, are less confident and more emotional, use more complex sentence structure, are less demanding, are more future oriented, use more nouns than verbs, etc. Men do the complete opposite.

I realized even I'm guilty of some of this. (lol, just look at my usage of "guilty"...now why would anyone else say that?.. i'm sure no man would...lol)

So from now on, girls, I'm going to be pinpointing all our mistakes in communication with the men on this forum so we can slowly reform

gayanchik

#6 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 13 December 2000 - 10:40 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Pilafhead:
Glad to see you back here.

(that's mine for today )

Thank you

#7 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 13 December 2000 - 10:42 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Iranyar:
barev Sulamita,

So you are back from armenia, you still have not tell me, from which city/town does your father come from. Have you told him about those towns I told you?

I have been back for over 2 months now Actually I have not had that talk with my dad yet. I have to somehow squeeze that in between his paper-reading-hour and news-watching-hour

A

#8 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 13 December 2000 - 10:50 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Gayane:
I've always kinda felt sorry for the people riding these buses to their jobs in beverly hills or westwood, etc.. They're mostly low income hispanics that are gardeners, housekeepers, maids, construction workers, you name it.

Gayancho

I know you are going to think I am crazy ... but I used to envy those people I saw at the bus stations, while driving to school at 7 am down Sunset Blvd. I so much envied them for not having to sit through class, do homework, take exams, blah blah blah . . . I just wanted to be one of them, live a simple life (I know, I know - it is not exactly simple). I guess it was the God-I-Wish-I-Could-Turn-Around-Go-Home-And-Crowl-Into-Bed-Syndrome

A

#9 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 14 December 2000 - 08:17 AM

My boss is back from vacation, so partying is over and I am back to work. I am done with researching high yield market in my boss’ absence and even wrote a small program to analyze risks. It seems like if days were 48 hours I’d be working all 48 of them. By the say Sulamik jan, if I am not wrong I think you are an Econ major from that school in Westwood. So what do you do after graduating?

#10 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 15 December 2000 - 12:23 AM

Alpha, if you care for my two cents' worth, I'd like to inform you that you're headed in the general direction of a nervous breakdown. And you're in the fast lane, too. Relax, dude, slow down. You have to. Trust me.

Aneta, I know the syndrome...lol... except with me it's more like the "god-i wish i could go home--do absolutely nothing i normally do--- no more hectic days full of drives from encino to la canada to westwood back to encino back to glendale" syndrome. No wonder I crash my car so often!! ugh! (that's my official excuse anyhow..lol...the other excuse is "i can't drive"...lol)

Gayancho

#11 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 14 December 2000 - 03:52 PM

My wife and I are taking our son to Disneyland tomorrow. For those outside Southern California, they decorate the park beautifully at Christmas time. Last year at Disneyland was the first time he garnered the courage to sit on Santa's lap. He's so excited to do it again that he drew pictures for Santa and made a envelope WEEKS AGO!

This type of thing is what gets me up in the morning (besides a night out with the missus or a good music swap meet )

MERRY (EARLY) CHRISTMAS, EVERYONE!

[This message has been edited by Pilafhead (edited December 14, 2000).]

#12 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 14 December 2000 - 10:12 PM

quote:
Originally posted by alpha:
By the way Sulamik jan, if I am not wrong I think you are an Econ major from that school in Westwood. So what do you do after graduating?

Ah, you had to rub it in didn't you??? He he he ... Right now, I am doing NOTHING. Actually I am "job hunting" (when I said this to my friend she responded "so how many jobs did you kill today"). I am not really sure why I chose this major, thus I am having great difficulty finding a job I like (that somehow deals with my major). My last job lasted a month (I was a loan officer at this place that was practicing "predatory lending" and I just could not take it anymore). So, I want to spend a little more time finding THE JOB that will turn into a CAREER.

And by the way, the official name of "that school in Westwood" is UCLA (for all that its worth).

A

#13 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 15 December 2000 - 07:37 AM

Thanks Gayane jan for your concern, but it's the end of the year, I have to make things happen. By the way Sulamik if you are interested in working in structured finance let me know. We are probably going to hire an analyst. What's your e mail. Let know and I will e mail you the specifics about the job.

UCLA - University of Caucasians Lost Among Asians or Berkeley Extension

#14 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 16 December 2000 - 06:40 PM

quote:
By the way Sulamik if you are interested in working in structured finance let me know. We are probably going to hire an analyst. What's your e mail. Let know and I will e mail you the specifics about the job.

Oh thank you !!! My e-mail is Sulamita777@aol.com

quote:
UCLA - University of Caucasians Lost Among Asians or Berkeley Extension

So true, so true.

A

#15 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 20 December 2000 - 10:21 PM

Impressions from yesterday

Met my new client....he's ssooooo adorable!!! vay aman, utelu bana... He has wavy blonde hair, beautiful blue eyes, a great smile, is very affectionate, intelligent, charismatic, and gives the warmest hugs!!!

of course he's also 3 years old

#16 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 20 December 2000 - 10:23 PM

Impressions from today:

While checking my voicemail, I came across a message congratulating me on my graduation!!!!!!!!!! ...lol...it left me absolutely baffled; graduation's 6 months away!!!...lol...it was cute though...very cute..

#17 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 21 December 2000 - 06:42 AM

impressons for today
well today is my b day and sofar it is goin off tha hook (good) hopefully the rest of it will be just as pleasant well every1 else have a good 21st

#18 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 21 December 2000 - 09:39 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Alex Kornev:
impressons for today
well today is my b day and sofar it is goin off tha hook (good) hopefully the rest of it will be just as pleasant well every1 else have a good 21st

Happy Birthday Alex.

#19 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 21 December 2000 - 09:46 AM

Happy Birthday, Alex!

Are you 18 today??? If so, I'm almost exactly twice as old as you (my 36th was last month).

Do you have a separate birthday party or does your family combine it with Christmas? My uncle was born on the 26th and has been gypped all his life!

#20 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 21 December 2000 - 09:49 AM

A fun piece of personal trivia:

My grandparents and my in-laws were married on Christmas Eve.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users