43 replies to this topic

#1 gamavor

gamavor

-= Nobility =-

• Nobility
  • 5,049 posts

Posted 26 April 2004 - 10:55 PM

http://www.armenianhouse.org/

While viewing these pictures from Tsitzernagaberd, something very strange popped up in my mind.

GL 3256

Guess what it is? Many years have past since I was in the Army and I still remember by heart the serial number of my AK-47. Am’ I the only weirdo or it happens to others that went to army.

Now, don't think that I'm militant. Out of curiosity I've checked Kalashnikovs' Websites and discovered some new models that I was not aware of. Like this:

http://kalashnikov.guns.ru/

http://www.norhayer.da.ru/

And last but not least, - viewer discretion adviced - nah, not really cool.gif

http://www.audiobook...ikov/Ak-mp3.asp

Edited by gamavor, 27 April 2004 - 01:45 PM.

#2 Anileve

Anileve

Epicure Maximus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,201 posts
  • Interests:Running around at dawn and poking innocent bystanders with pipe cleaners.

Posted 27 April 2004 - 09:39 AM

I really cannot comprehend this fixation with guns. I mean do they really empower men so much? It's almost a respectable characteristic if a man carries one, or is very knowledgeable about them. Nothing appalls me more than weapons. Sorry gamavor jan.

#3 gurgen

gurgen

You talking to me?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,031 posts
  • Interests:tennis, chess, football (the real one), games

Posted 27 April 2004 - 10:39 AM

Guns are toys for big boys Anileve jan biggrin.gif

#4 DominO

DominO

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,455 posts

Posted 27 April 2004 - 10:57 AM

QUOTE (gurgen @ Apr 27 2004, 10:39 AM)

Toys?

#5 gurgen

gurgen

You talking to me?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 27 April 2004 - 10:58 AM

It's an expression Domino rolleyes.gif

#6 Anileve

Anileve

Epicure Maximus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,201 posts
  • Interests:Running around at dawn and poking innocent bystanders with pipe cleaners.

Posted 27 April 2004 - 11:09 AM

QUOTE (gurgen @ Apr 27 2004, 12:39 PM)

Or a reminder of their shaky manhood? I think it rather sounds peculiar when one "big boy" asks another: "So dude, how big is your Kalashnikov? Tell me quick so we can go play some manly football involving fondling and tackling each other..." Grrrrrrr, yeah, manly! rolleyes.gif

#7 Azat

Azat

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,969 posts
  • Interests:wine, beer, food, art, jokes

Posted 27 April 2004 - 11:36 AM

that reminds me of a good joke

An elephant and a mouse are walking together through the jungle when the the mouse falls into a hole. The elephant immediately stands over the hole and squatting over it, lowers his penis so the mouse can grab it and lift himself out of the hole.

The two friends continue their stroll through the jungle when all of a sudden, the elephant falls into a very large hole. The hole is so large that try as he might, the elephant is unable to climb out.

So the mouse says, "Hang around, I'll get something to drag you out with" and leaves. A little while later the mouse returns driving a Porsche and with a rope tied to the bumper bar and he drags the elephant out of the hole.

Moral of the story: "If your penis is long enough you dont need a Porsche."

Which reminds me, I need me a Ferrari

#8 gevo27

gevo27

Its one of the most beautiful sights... now i have to go see it.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,517 posts

Posted 27 April 2004 - 11:58 AM

QUOTE (anileve @ Apr 27 2004, 11:09 AM)
Or a reminder of their shaky manhood? I think it rather sounds peculiar when one "big boy" asks another: "So dude, how big is your Kalashnikov? Tell me quick so we can go play some manly football involving fondling and tackling each other..." Grrrrrrr, yeah, manly! rolleyes.gif

Whats wrong with playing with guns. Its pure pleasure, and i mean in a very responsible manner, and not even in hunting. I have a few guns and just shooting at clay pigeons is very fun. So, it yeah i think they are toys for big boys.. thats not to mean what they do to people when used innapropriately makes them good... so dont go there.
If you have ever shot a .303 , or a 12 gauge, or a 307 or even a 357. hand gun.. youll know how fun it is. heck a simple .22 caliber rifle is fun..

#9 DominO

DominO

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,455 posts

Posted 27 April 2004 - 12:15 PM

QUOTE (gevo27 @ Apr 27 2004, 11:58 AM)
Whats wrong with playing with guns. Its pure pleasure, and i mean in a very responsible manner, and not even in hunting. I have a few guns and just shooting at clay pigeons is very fun. So, it yeah i think they are toys for big boys.. thats not to mean what they do to people when used innapropriately makes them good... so dont go there.
If you have ever shot a .303 , or a 12 gauge, or a 307 or even a 357. hand gun.. youll know how fun it is. heck a simple .22 caliber rifle is fun..

Yeh, very fun, when they have been build in the first place to kill people.

#10 Anileve

Anileve

Epicure Maximus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,201 posts

Posted 27 April 2004 - 12:17 PM

QUOTE (Azat @ Apr 27 2004, 01:36 PM)
Which reminds me, I need me a Ferrari

lol.gif lol.gif lol.gif lol.gif lol.gif lol.giflol.gif

Love the joke! And the last statement says: "Too much info Azatyush!"

Gevo jan, I don't see the thrill. They are too loud and used for destruction. I personally don't like the feel of cold steel in my hands, I prefer stems of flowers instead. laugh.gif I guess that would be a typical thing a woman would say. Or better yet a pool stick is much more of an empowering feeling.

Edited by anileve, 27 April 2004 - 12:17 PM.

#11 gevo27

gevo27

Its one of the most beautiful sights... now i have to go see it.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,517 posts

Posted 27 April 2004 - 12:25 PM

QUOTE (anileve @ Apr 27 2004, 12:17 PM)

Gevo jan, I don't see the thrill. They are too loud and used for destruction. I personally don't like the feel of cold steel in my hands, I prefer stems of flowers instead. laugh.gif I guess that would be a typical thing a woman would say. Or better yet a pool stick is much more of an empowering feeling.

HAHA... Yah.. well first the metal gets hot after a couple of shots.. jk.. lol.. Well.. its personal choice i guess... But actually i would rather be playing pool myself.. lol.. plus playing pool is in our home.. shooting the gun.. gotta drive for that.. less convinient.... as for the stem of the flower.. i'll hand it to girls, and that'll give me pleasure... but i dont think holding it in my hand gives me a thrill.. lol..

Domino, i was in particular trying to show that its fun when used for fun.. like i described, and i obviously didnt make it clear anough.

#12 DominO

DominO

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,455 posts

Posted 27 April 2004 - 12:45 PM

QUOTE (gevo27 @ Apr 27 2004, 12:25 PM)
Domino, i was in particular trying to show that its fun when used for fun.. like i described, and i obviously didnt make it clear anough.

Those guns were build to kill. The reason you are having fun with them is because you feel a kind of power using them, it is in your psychi. There are bb guns which you could use to have fun, but no, you actually use 9 mm etc... with the noice they make, with the vibration etc... there is nothing here that could be joyful unless it is a kind of psychological dependence of power, to handle something that is made to kill.

Edited by Fadix, 27 April 2004 - 12:56 PM.

#13 gurgen

gurgen

You talking to me?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 27 April 2004 - 01:18 PM

QUOTE (anileve @ Apr 27 2004, 07:17 PM)

Just try shooting with an AK once. I guarantee you will feel...empowered biggrin.gif

#14 gamavor

gamavor

-= Nobility =-

• Nobility
  • 5,049 posts

Posted 27 April 2004 - 02:05 PM

QUOTE (gurgen @ Apr 27 2004, 07:18 PM)
Just try shooting with an AK once. I guarantee you will feel...empowered biggrin.gif

Yep, M-16 is just a toy compered to AK.

#15 gamavor

gamavor

-= Nobility =-

• Nobility
  • 5,049 posts

Posted 27 April 2004 - 02:16 PM

this is the next best wink.gif

http://www.rememuseu...fles/armagm.htm

#16 Sip

Sip

Buffet Connoisseur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,366 posts

Posted 27 April 2004 - 02:17 PM

"This gun had a hold on me. I felt this incredible surge of power, like God must feel when he's holding a gun." --Homer J. Simpson

#17 ED

ED

Քեռի

• Nobility
  • 5,960 posts
  • Interests:Music, traveling, Salvador Dali, Tolstoy, Sevak, Charents
    wine, sushi and lots lots more

Posted 27 April 2004 - 02:41 PM

QUOTE (gamavor @ Apr 27 2004, 12:16 PM)

Gem jan, es surp hratsane, iskakan mosin

#18 Sip

Sip

Buffet Connoisseur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,366 posts

Posted 27 April 2004 - 03:01 PM

QUOTE (Domino @ Apr 27 2004, 12:15 PM)
Yeh, very fun, when they have been build in the first place to kill people.

Something like an AK-47, yes ... it is designed to kill people. But there are all sorts of guns as well such as for hunting, target shooting, and self defense. Although some guns have been specifically designed to kill people, much like any other tool, guns have proper uses and improper uses. A blanket statement like "guns are bad" is just as shallow as the opposite statement "guns are good".

Here's mine:

(click for bigger)

Sig Sauer P228 9mm (blue tint) ... haven't had a chance to shoot it much but it is an extremely reliable and accurate gun and very similar to the 226 which is used by a lot of special forces and law enforcement types. And I can tell ya ... I sleep a lot better having this next to me in the middle of the desert or somewhere in the mountains with no help around for miles and miles.

#19 ED

ED

Քեռի

• Nobility
  • 5,960 posts
  • Interests:Music, traveling, Salvador Dali, Tolstoy, Sevak, Charents
    wine, sushi and lots lots more

Posted 27 April 2004 - 03:11 PM

Sip I have that gun right here in my hand now (the Sig), the one in lower left corner, all crome, very reliable and acurate, by far the most imprasive gun i ever fired bought in back 1994, also 9mm bareta, my 2nd choice

#20 DominO

DominO

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,455 posts

Posted 27 April 2004 - 03:45 PM

Let me ask you a question Sip. In your opinion, what would be best, a world where there is no gun at all, or a world where everyone has guns?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users