• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#1 Anileve

Anileve

Epicure Maximus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,201 posts
  • Interests:Running around at dawn and poking innocent bystanders with pipe cleaners.

Posted 22 January 2004 - 06:43 PM

Well humans are apparently not the only creatures of nature that are having complexities in their relationships and mating. Some animals can be poster children of the wild and bizarre world we are living in. In fact some of them I find very original in a very traditional way. I shall tell you about the mating frenzy of 3 species and let you decide if your relationship is really all that bizarre. Let us glance into the fascinating world of the Animal Kingdom.

==================

New Prevention Program guaranteed to keep males on their best behavior and gives the idea “it’s better to be friends first” a whole new outlook.

Female Wolf spiders, for instance prefer to see familiar faces when they mate. An experiment was conducting by allowing male and female spiders interact while the females were maturing. As adults, the female chose to mate with males they’d previously met twice as often as with males they have never seen. And they really discouraged the strangers: Females attacked and ate unfamiliar males twice as often as familiar ones.

Well I guess after retrieving the most important substance the subject becomes useless, thus to prevent any further pollution and future headaches the female population decides to eliminate the problem making it useful twice rather than once, the second time is intended for hunger satisfaction. That way the newborn will never have to learn how to proudly burp.

#2 Anileve

Anileve

Epicure Maximus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,201 posts
  • Interests:Running around at dawn and poking innocent bystanders with pipe cleaners.

Posted 22 January 2004 - 06:45 PM

Our next case is what I would call “Being practical by preserving assets for the future”

Male cockerels preferentially select mates they are not familiar with, a strategy for maximizing the number of young they father. “Until recently, males are assumed to mate with as many females as possible, but the sperm reserves are limited. Successive copulations, males inseminate progressively fewer sperm in female. This allows them to save some for females they will encounter in the future. Now talk about realizing that the well is not bottomless and choosing quantity of seed carriers rather than seeds themselves.

#3 Dan

Dan

Banned. Never to Return.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,589 posts

Posted 22 January 2004 - 06:46 PM

As adults, the female chose to mate with males they’d previously met twice as often as with males they have never seen.

lol.. so spiders date too?!?! huh.gif huh.gif

edit: what's next - gay spiders? lol blink.gif unsure.gif

Edited by Dan, 22 January 2004 - 06:47 PM.

#4 Anileve

Anileve

Epicure Maximus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,201 posts

Posted 22 January 2004 - 06:48 PM

Finally we come to the last evidence that some animals would do anything for love. And when I say anything I mean even changing one’s own gender.

============

Biologists have shown that female nematodes of the species Caenorhabditis elegans will actually change their gender to improve their sex life. As they develop, these semihermaphroditic worms sense the number of bacteria in the surrounding soil. If bacteria are abundant – a sign that many other worms are present – one of the female worm’s X chromosomes deactivates, and it becomes a male. If the local population is dense it is more beneficial to be male because you can mate with lots of different hermaphrodites. In the absence of bacteria, the worms keep both X chromosomes, becoming hermaphrodites that can at least reproduce with themselves.

==============
And then we criticize women that get breast implants for the sake of improving their mating. I guess this is a case of adopting to your environment, why can’t we have those abilities, then perhaps there would never be a discrimination of genders in the first place.

#5 Anileve

Anileve

Epicure Maximus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,201 posts

Posted 22 January 2004 - 06:49 PM

QUOTE (Dan @ Jan 22 2004, 08:46 PM)
lol.. so spiders date too?!?! huh.gif huh.gif

Apperently so Danny, apparently so...

edit: what's next - gay spiders? lol  blink.gif  unsure.gif

Wouldn't you like that! wink.gif

#6 Dan

Dan

Banned. Never to Return.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,589 posts

Posted 22 January 2004 - 07:32 PM

Wouldn't you like that! wink.gif

lol now now.. why would i like that? huh.gif laugh.gif

#7 Anonymouse

Anonymouse

Julius Caesar was a salad dressing dude!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,244 posts

Posted 22 January 2004 - 09:53 PM

I had sex with a nematode. It can't get any bizarre than that.

#8 Anonymouse

Anonymouse

Julius Caesar was a salad dressing dude!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,244 posts

Posted 22 January 2004 - 09:53 PM

Free the nematodes!

When you have nematodes, who needs women?

#9 angel4hope

angel4hope

look at me...i can fly!...sploosh!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,595 posts
  • Interests:too many to list... btw i love eye candy! therefore my addiction, and hence my diabetes :(

Posted 22 January 2004 - 10:02 PM

sorry for my ignorance whats a nematode??is it a fairy??? iknow i know i sound like a blondie here but...please i wanna know what it is/...

#10 hyebruin

hyebruin

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 22 January 2004 - 10:20 PM

if i recall from a loooong time ago...they're worms!! blink.gif and mouse, seriously now you sound truely strange! extra strange!! strange strange!!! and not in a necessarily good way!!!--- i'm just hoping that you are "kidding"....even then it just sounds eerie and is no joke!!-- maybe i fail to see the humor?! it's kind of on the border of insanity if you ask me! sad.gif sorry for being so blunt!

#11 THOTH

THOTH

Veteran

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts
  • Interests:many

Posted 22 January 2004 - 10:24 PM

Yes Bruin - he obviously has soem deep seated problems..and as a result (?) he is a women hater and quite anti-social in general. Don't let him bother you though...its mostly all an act if you ask me...

#12 hyebruin

hyebruin

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 22 January 2004 - 11:00 PM

QUOTE (THOTH @ Jan 22 2004, 09:24 PM)
Yes Bruin - he obviously has soem deep seated problems..and as a result (?) he is a women hater and quite anti-social in general. Don't let him bother you though...its mostly all an act if you ask me...

oh thoth i am WELL aware that it's an act and it doesn't bother me per se! i just don't understand the need for "shock and awe"...??? attention can be gotten in oooooohhhhh so many other ways...it's kind o' creepy! sad.gif --it's like peeling and peeling the layers...and you still can't find anything!?! huh.gif unsure.gif ....nothing personal here mouse!! i'm just trying to understand you better, that's all smile.gif

#13 Anileve

Anileve

Epicure Maximus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,201 posts

Posted 22 January 2004 - 11:25 PM

QUOTE (hyebruin @ Jan 23 2004, 01:00 AM)
oh thoth i am WELL aware that it's an act and it doesn't bother me per se! i just don't understand the need for "shock and awe"...??? attention can be gotten in oooooohhhhh so many other ways...it's kind o' creepy! sad.gif --it's like peeling and peeling the layers...and you still can't find anything!?! huh.gif unsure.gif ....nothing personal here mouse!! i'm just trying to understand you better, that's all smile.gif

I agree. But we can also assume that it's a lot more efficient when it's obtained through "shock and awe". Look at Howard Stern and O'Reily, surely you don't think they became so popular by talking about "normal" issues.

#14 gamavor

gamavor

-= Nobility =-

• Nobility
  • 5,049 posts

Posted 22 January 2004 - 11:34 PM

Females attacked and ate unfamiliar males twice as often as familiar ones.

Eve, I have the feeling that I know you for a loooong time! smile.gif

#15 gevo27

gevo27

Its one of the most beautiful sights... now i have to go see it.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,517 posts

Posted 22 January 2004 - 11:42 PM

well the way i see it muose is having fun, bruin isnt getting it (maybe ur a blonde)...( .. lol and THOT... you have a problem.... or should i ask do u have a problem?

#16 Anileve

Anileve

Epicure Maximus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,201 posts

Posted 22 January 2004 - 11:49 PM

QUOTE (gamavor @ Jan 23 2004, 01:34 AM)
Eve, I have the feeling that I know you for a loooong time! smile.gif

Likewise my dear, likewise. And where have you been hiding lately, the feminist thread is lacking some gamavor input!

Gevo27 are you 27 years old? If the answer is yes than I must say that it's quite decieving. Here is a song for you: "Don't hurry age no you just have to wait/ I said age don't come easy, but it's a game of wisdom...Hey!"

#17 hyebruin

hyebruin

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 22 January 2004 - 11:51 PM

you're right gevo i don't get it blink.gif but then again when it comes to the mouse, you don't have to be blond to not get it! tongue.gif--maybe he's not getting it-- rolleyes.gif get what i'm saying? lol.gif

#18 hyebruin

hyebruin

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 22 January 2004 - 11:53 PM

anileve i already guessed his age! and it ain't 27!! he's a fresh young thing!! naughty.gif

#19 Anileve

Anileve

Epicure Maximus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,201 posts

Posted 22 January 2004 - 11:57 PM

QUOTE (hyebruin @ Jan 23 2004, 01:53 AM)
anileve i already guessed his age! and it ain't 27!! he's a fresh young thing!! naughty.gif

Feeling the responsibility of defending my beloved fellow forumers (THOTH, you) I would remove the naughty.gif face and replace it with rolleyes.gif. And I kinda figured his age, thus I posted that lovely song for him...

#20 gevo27

gevo27

Its one of the most beautiful sights... now i have to go see it.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,517 posts

Posted 23 January 2004 - 12:08 AM

Gee guys thx... lol. for the song anileve and... hmm Bruin jan, du shat kife aghchik es.. smile.gif bits helle voch aseles ha vochel voch.. hmmmm....????? LOL

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users