#141 Twilight Bark

Twilight Bark

Resigned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,060 posts

Posted 15 April 2004 - 08:22 PM

QUOTE (Domino @ Apr 15 2004, 05:55 PM)
As an Armenian, I guess the size of my big Armenian nose has some purposes beside being esthetic. smile.gif

I am trying hard to keep an open mind about the smell Domino.

#142 the real pontian

the real pontian

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 16 April 2004 - 02:25 AM

QUOTE (Twilight Bark @ Apr 15 2004, 07:14 PM)
His pledge was not to simply read the forum but to read the forum with a flexible mind, and with his sense-of-humor circuits turned on. So he needs to re-read the stuff then. wink.gif

I'll be through.
just wait another week and i'll come up with cracking funny jokes making you burst with laughter.

#143 gurgen

gurgen

You talking to me?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,031 posts
  • Interests:tennis, chess, football (the real one), games

Posted 16 April 2004 - 05:03 AM

I'm sure we're all bristling with anticipation.

#144 DominO

DominO

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,455 posts

Posted 16 April 2004 - 07:29 AM

QUOTE (the real pontian @ Apr 16 2004, 02:25 AM)
I'll be through.
just wait another week and i'll come up with cracking funny jokes making you burst with laughter.

No one imposed you to come up with jokes.

Since you are posting in the genocide section, why don't you start by telling us what is your take regarding the issue?

#145 the real pontian

the real pontian

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 19 April 2004 - 11:28 AM

QUOTE (Domino @ Apr 16 2004, 07:29 AM)
Since you are posting in the genocide section, why don't you start by telling us what is your take regarding the issue?

Hi Domino,

I think there is crushing evidence that a genocide has been perpetrated by the Ottoman forces. An atrocity that never should happen again.

#146 gurgen

gurgen

You talking to me?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 20 April 2004 - 03:06 AM

QUOTE (the real pontian @ Apr 19 2004, 06:28 PM)
Hi Domino,

I think there is crushing evidence that a genocide has been perpetrated by the Ottoman forces. An atrocity that never should happen again.

Of course you do tongue.gif

#147 the real pontian

the real pontian

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 20 April 2004 - 03:11 PM

thank you for your moral support gurgen. Appreciated..

#148 gurgen

gurgen

You talking to me?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 21 April 2004 - 07:12 AM

Like the wise man said: 'There's no need to restate the obvious..'

#149 the real pontian

the real pontian

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 22 April 2004 - 02:38 PM

QUOTE (gurgen @ Apr 21 2004, 07:12 AM)
Like the wise man said: 'There's no need to restate the obvious..'

Yes
and as the wiser man with a long white beard uses to say:

There's always the need to restate the obvious as there are people who obviously deny the obvious ...

#150 AnoushBabyGirl1

AnoushBabyGirl1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 28 April 2004 - 07:14 PM

"I think there is crushing evidence that a genocide has been perpetrated by the Ottoman forces. An atrocity that never should happen again."

If you are Greek but a turkish citizen, how do you feel about ther land that Greece wants back from turkey? The turks did steal it from your ancestors, just as they stole most of Armenia.

#151 the real pontian

the real pontian

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 29 April 2004 - 07:30 PM

QUOTE (AnoushBabyGirl1 @ Apr 28 2004, 07:14 PM)
If you are Greek but a turkish citizen, how do you feel about ther land that Greece wants back from turkey? The turks did steal it from your ancestors, just as they stole most of Armenia.

Parev,

Well, a considerable number of Pontians want their land back. Not Greece. The Komnenes were quite independant from the Byzantines.

The whole region around Trabzon is being claimed in turn by Armenians, Pontians, Turks, Laz and other Caucasian people.

I contend that the status quo as regards territory should prevail. This will certainly shock some of my friends here ... but I don't want to get in a brawl over these kinds of questions. It's the reason for more bloodshed and I think there has been enough bloodshed over territories.

We always fighted for rights to publish in our language and record tapes of music. Finally this is possible since some years. We'll fight until language teaching in school will be realized and other rights granted.

Well, considering the Macedonians, Albanians and "Turks" in West Thrace of Greece, we're much better off. According to Art. 19 of the Greek constitution they may take away your citizenship (because non-hellenic) if you leave the country.
At least no one is allowed to do sth. like this to us here in TR. It's funny how a EU country like Greece could treat his ethnic minorities like this. If TR did this with the remaining Greeks here some of them would have gone to Greece as so many did before.

Many of my Greek fellows bark at me when I tell them this anecdote. I got used to it. I'm an assimilated Greek :-)
What a shame for me!!

#152 Persian Friend

Persian Friend

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 03 May 2004 - 10:26 PM

Hello Guys:

I was wondering whether anyone of you could provide some insight as to the cultural characteristics of Armenians from Iran as compared to those from Lebanon.

When I see Armenians from Iran I sense they are very similar to us but when I compare them to Armenians from Lebanon I feel there are some differences.

I also hear that the Armenians in Lebanon were not wholeheartedly accepted by the Christian Maronites from Lebanon.

I would appreciate it if somebody could elaborate in an objective manner.

Also what are the statistics on Armenians in Lebanon? Did most of them emigrate during the Lebanese civil war? Are Armenians still a sizeable minority in Lebanon?

Thanks.
Persian Friend.

#153 Armen Half-Celt

Armen Half-Celt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 08 May 2004 - 07:26 AM

Armenians constitiute the largest minority in Lebanon, but it is somehting int he range of 4% of the population unless i am mistaken

#154 Iran01

Iran01

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 09 May 2004 - 01:14 PM

QUOTE (Persian Friend @ Sep 27 2003, 02:00 PM)
A strong Iran will always be a guarantor of Armenian security in the region.

biggrin.gif Sure,
But right now the Mullahs are sucking the blood of Iran.

#155 Persian Friend

Persian Friend

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 08 July 2004 - 11:11 AM

Hello Guys:

I came across this article which I found very disturbing:

http://www.zerbaijan...ide_article.txt

Unfortunately the same people who create this kind of misinformation/disinformation are also fanning the flames of separation in our Azerbaijan province which originally was called Azarbaadeguaan, the original inhabitants being an Aryan nation who after many years of Turkish occupation lost their language.

I further find amazing the Jewish hypocrisy on this issue as properly displayed in this text.

#156 hytga

hytga

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 621 posts
  • Interests:computers

Posted 09 July 2004 - 01:24 PM

persian friend.>>> what do the people in the region consider themselves? azeri, turk or persian. Do they relate themselves to the current republic of azerbaijan?

#157 hytga

hytga

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 621 posts
  • Interests:computers

Posted 09 July 2004 - 01:29 PM

Azerbaijan Mourns Victims of Genocide

2.5 Mil. Azeris Killed by Armenians in 20th Century

muaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh. that's some funny c%$p

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users