59 replies to this topic

#1 Yervant1

Yervant1

The True North!

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,506 posts

Posted 24 February 2006 - 02:27 PM

Several year's ago this Turkish citizen used to post a lot on the topic of Genocide. At that time his prediction was that, Turkey will start the preparation of it's people to an eventual recognition of Genocide. He also said that Turkey will accept Genocide today if Armenians would give up heavy monetary compensation and forget about land claims.
Since then some countries such as France, Canada and Poland to name a few, accepted the Genocide. More than ever Turkish scholars and professors are now talking openly about the topic under the guise of free speach.
I'm wondering if the activities are genuine or predetermined and it's taking it's course. Once the Turkish puplic is prepared, will Turkey accept it?
One other thing, the Turkish scholars in diaspora do they truly believe in what they are saying that Genocide is a reality or are they befriending Armenians in order to prepare Armenians to a concession on land claims.
Do you think the West is on it as well, since so many countries accepted Genocide as of late?
Your opinions please!

#2 ED

ED

Քեռի

• Nobility
  • 5,960 posts
  • Interests:Music, traveling, Salvador Dali, Tolstoy, Sevak, Charents
    wine, sushi and lots lots more

Posted 24 February 2006 - 02:48 PM

I think none of the major players in the world (including Russia) is interested or its there national interest to have a greater Armenia, what we must realise now days! insthed of demanding monetary compansation and land from Turkey; consintrate on bringing ROA to a point where she can dictate her terms, for this and most importantly is economy, stibility and social order within ROA, lands are not handed over, if and when (by miracle) Armenians realise this, only then we would be able to get our lands back.

That is my openion

#3 Arpa

Arpa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,011 posts
  • Interests:Culture

Posted 24 February 2006 - 02:52 PM

Where is Ali?
I have asked that question many times, in public as well.
Even though at times I would entertain the notion that he was a “plant/an agent of some sort” , so to speak, to elicit comments. Yet my gut feeling was that he was sincere, perhaps even a ”closet Armenian”. I have tried to locate him, to se if he posts in other fora, no success. Another gut feeling of mine is that he was “silenced”. I had indirectly asked him if hewas not concerned that the state apparatus may be monitoring his posts.
Ali was optimistic about recognition, but of course the matter of territories was out of question, as in “what is lost to the sword can only be retaken by the sword”. However, recognition, reparation aside Armenia does need some territory, most importantly unencumbered access to the world, instead of relying and being at the mercy on the territories of “unfriendly, blockading and capricious neighbors.

Edited by Arpa, 24 February 2006 - 03:09 PM.

#4 Yervant1

Yervant1

The True North!

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,506 posts

Posted 24 February 2006 - 03:08 PM

QUOTE(Arpa @ Feb 24 2006, 03:52 PM) View Post
Where is Ali?
I have asked that question many times, in public as well.
Even though at times I would entertain the notion that he was a “plant/an agent of some sort” , so to speak, to elicit comments. Yet my gut feeling was that he was sincere, perhaps even was a ”closet Armenian”. I have tried to locate him, to se if posts in other for a, no success. Another gut feeling of mine is that he was “silenced”. I had indirectly asked him if he concerned that the state apparatus may be monitoring his posts.
Ali was optimistic about recognition, but of course the matter of territories was out of question, as in “what is lost to the sword can only be retaken by the sword”. However, recognition, reparation aside Armenian does need some territory, most importantly unencumbered access to the world, instead of relying and being at the mercy on the territories of “unfriendly and capricious neighbors.

Arpa I also remember him saying that he was from a well known aristocratic family with high connections. This what he said when asked about not being afraid of the government. I think he was an agent for the army, because he was daring and unfearful. Also he had this arrogance in his tone when someone feels untouchable.
In my opinion he was testing the waters with Armenian reality.

#5 Yervant1

Yervant1

The True North!

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,506 posts

Posted 24 February 2006 - 03:26 PM

QUOTE(Edward @ Feb 24 2006, 03:48 PM) View Post
I think none of the major players in the world (including Russia) is interested or its there national interest to have a greater Armenia, what we must realise now days! insthed of demanding monetary compansation and land from Turkey; consintrate on bringing ROA to a point where she can dictate her terms, for this and most importantly is economy, stibility and social order within ROA, lands are not handed over, if and when (by miracle) Armenians realise this, only then we would be able to get our lands back.

That is my openion

Edward, I think major players might not want a strong Armenia, but I think they need a stable Armenia for business purposes. Inorder to acheive they must give something to both sides on the Genocide issue.
Turkey gets 1-no compensation, 2-no land claims.
Armenia gets 1-Empty Genocide Recognition.
I don't get this heavy Genocide activity, because they (West) want to help us. I think the West ignored us in the past, now that we're a free country they can't ignore us anymore, that's the political process. But in the meantime they need a peaceful region because of oil so they decided to settle the Armenian issue without giving us what's right. Again Turkey wins by giving us an empty Genocide recognition and move on. This what the West want and that's what Turkey will ever agree.

#6 Arpa

Arpa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,011 posts

Posted 28 March 2006 - 08:22 AM

Tell me I am dreaming.
Did I see "aurguplu", aka Ali Suat perusing the forum?
How are you Ali?
We miss you.
You had us worried that your body was rotting in some "Midnight Express" rat hole for "making love" with "Pis Ermenis".
Our fervent hope is that some day you may decide to amend your name to "Alishan".

Edited by Arpa, 28 March 2006 - 08:25 AM.

#7 Yervant1

Yervant1

The True North!

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,506 posts

Posted 28 March 2006 - 02:24 PM

QUOTE(Arpa @ Mar 28 2006, 09:22 AM) View Post
Tell me I am dreaming.

Arpa wake up you're dreaming. biggrin.gif

#8 vava

vava

:yawn:

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,234 posts

Posted 28 March 2006 - 03:31 PM

I'm curioius Yervant, how do you know Ali? huh.gif

#9 Yervant1

Yervant1

The True North!

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,506 posts

Posted 28 March 2006 - 04:39 PM

QUOTE(vava @ Mar 28 2006, 04:31 PM) View Post
I'm curioius Yervant, how do you know Ali? huh.gif

I used to read Hyeforum but only some threads later in 2003 couldn't read at all. After 2004 I started to read again never wanting to join the forum but one day Arpa got me so angry I said I'll join and teach this fool a lesson but he replied my first post so I forgave him and his sins. biggrin.gif

Note: I just made up the Arpa story. tongue.gif

#10 Yervant1

Yervant1

The True North!

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,506 posts

Posted 28 March 2006 - 05:02 PM

QUOTE(Arpa @ Mar 28 2006, 09:22 AM) View Post
Tell me I am dreaming.
Did I see "aurguplu", aka Ali Suat perusing the forum?
How are you Ali?
We miss you.
You had us worried that your body was rotting in some "Midnight Express" rat hole for "making love" with "Pis Ermenis".
Our fervent hope is that some day you may decide to amend your name to "Alishan".

Arpa shad shnorhagal em vor indzi Alin ge gardzes. Pnav midkes tchantsav ourge ur megen ays panere kretsir payts yerp Vavan harts erav te incbes yes Alin kidem ayn aden kitsa.

Fervent or Yervant very clever, shad aveli lav bidi ellar yete oughagi harstneyik isk Alishan gerna alin ella shan gam shan zavag payts Yervante ge mna Yervant.

Yes bidi sbasem vor vomank inds esen neroghoutiuon.

#11 Aubépine

Aubépine

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 28 March 2006 - 05:13 PM

There was a Prime Minister of Turkey in the 1960s named Ali Suat Hayri Ürgüplü. That they are sharing three out of four names can't be a coincidence. Strange that his name would crop up here. I know that the son of that Prime Minister lived in one of the posh avenues in Brussels. They were quite introverted as was the rest of the family.

#12 DominO

DominO

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,455 posts

Posted 28 March 2006 - 05:39 PM

QUOTE(Aubépine @ Mar 28 2006, 06:13 PM) View Post
There was a Prime Minister of Turkey in the 1960s named Ali Suat Hayri Ürgüplü. That they are sharing three out of four names can't be a coincidence. Strange that his name would crop up here. I know that the son of that Prime Minister lived in one of the posh avenues in Brussels. They were quite introverted as was the rest of the family.

huh.gif Tell us more.

#13 DominO

DominO

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,455 posts

Posted 28 March 2006 - 05:41 PM

QUOTE(Yervant1 @ Mar 28 2006, 05:39 PM) View Post
I used to read Hyeforum but only some threads later in 2003 couldn't read at all. After 2004 I started to read again never wanting to join the forum but one day Arpa got me so angry I said I'll join and teach this fool a lesson but he replied my first post so I forgave him and his sins. biggrin.gif

Note: I just made up the Arpa story. tongue.gif

I hate that avatar of yours, but I forgive you. smile.gif

#14 Aubépine

Aubépine

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 28 March 2006 - 05:47 PM

QUOTE(QueBeceR @ Mar 29 2006, 02:39 AM) View Post
huh.gif Tell us more.

The younger Ali Suat Ürgüplü, the one that is mentioned here, is probably the direct descendant of the last Ottoman Emperor Mehmet VI. Vahideddin. His mother was the great-grandaughter of the the Sultan. Both his parents were married more than once so I don't know the exact details. But I know some more about the family. Those who understand Turkish can also tell from his surname.

#15 Yervant1

Yervant1

The True North!

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,506 posts

Posted 28 March 2006 - 05:52 PM

QUOTE(QueBeceR @ Mar 28 2006, 06:41 PM) View Post
I hate that avatar of yours, but I forgive you. smile.gif

Oh thank you I feel much better already. biggrin.gif

#16 Arpa

Arpa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,011 posts

Posted 28 March 2006 - 05:54 PM

QUOTE(Yervant1 @ Mar 28 2006, 11:02 PM) View Post
Arpa shad shnorhagal em vor indzi Alin ge gardzes. Pnav midkes tchantsav ourge ur megen ays panere kretsir payts yerp Vavan harts erav te incbes yes Alin kidem ayn aden kitsa.

Fervent or Yervant very clever, shad aveli lav bidi ellar yete oughagi harstneyik isk Alishan gerna alin ella shan gam shan zavag payts Yervante ge mna Yervant.

Yes bidi sbasem vor vomank inds esen neroghoutiuon.

No, Yervant I am serious. I was not dreaming neither was I hallucinating. I did see his name and when I clicked "on line users" it said he was e-mailing. Did he e-mail anyone here?
Unless, of course someone has hijacked his screen name and password.
Voch, voch Yervant qez Ali-n chem kartser. Wasn,t the Capital of Armenian named after you, i.e Yerevan(t)? smile.gif smile.gif

#17 Yervant1

Yervant1

The True North!

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,506 posts

Posted 28 March 2006 - 06:12 PM

QUOTE(Arpa @ Mar 28 2006, 06:54 PM) View Post
No, Yervant I am serious. I was not dreaming neither was I hallucinating. I did see his name and when I clicked "on line users" it said he was e-mailing. Did he e-mail anyone here?
Unless, of course someone has hijacked his screen name and password.
Voch, voch Yervant qez Ali-n chem kartser. Wasn,t the Capital of Armenian named after you, i.e Yerevan(t)? smile.gif smile.gif

Yes he did e-mail me, he said they have very active imagination and they think you are me and I said who am I? he said you are Arnold (remember the movie I forgot the title) then I said if I'm Arnold who's Yervant he said never mind and vanished in thin air.

#18 Aubépine

Aubépine

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 28 March 2006 - 06:21 PM

QUOTE(QueBeceR @ Mar 29 2006, 02:39 AM) View Post
huh.gif Tell us more.

Whenever we passed by their house is always another story about them was told. It became some sort of an urban legend among the Turks, the diplomatic corps and military personnel in Brussels.

One of the sons was an invalid and the other was away in a boarding school, I forgot which European country.

Edited by Edward, 28 March 2006 - 11:02 PM.

#19 Aubépine

Aubépine

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 30 March 2006 - 11:43 AM

Apparently he is in Germany right now...

#20 Garo

Garo

Veteran

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts

Posted 30 March 2006 - 12:32 PM

Ali asked me to reset his password a few days ago so you may see him posting here again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users