• Please log in to reply
136 replies to this topic

#41 karakash

karakash

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 15 September 2005 - 01:51 PM

QUOTE (phantom22 @ Sep 15 2005, 02:46 PM)
I think that it is becoming increasingly clear to some of the American top brass that in order to adhere Armenia to the West (we are talking about Turkey here) the Turkey-Armenia divide must be settled. This is part of a greater regional strategy, to pull Armenia closer to the West and loosen some of its glue-like ties to Russia and Iran. Turkey is blind to this greater strategy because it is so tied to its myths that it can not see the bigger picture. We are dealing with Turkish xenophobia.

If Kerry had been elected president, would he have used the word genocide. What about Dole? How about Kerry's appearance at the annual Capitol Hill observance in DC in April 2005.

You are absolutely right about Armenia and the West. I'm just concerned about Turkey's repeated threats regarding the military and the influence of certain Jewish groups who are extremely pro-Turkey.

#42 phantom22

phantom22

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 15 September 2005 - 01:58 PM

There was not a more prominent and vocal opponent than Tom Lantos.

He was the fulcrum of anti-Genocide forces. Turkey gave him cover by their idiotic actions, re: rejection of American troop movements, conference of scholars cancellation and Pamuk trial.

#43 karakash

karakash

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 15 September 2005 - 02:01 PM

QUOTE (phantom22 @ Sep 15 2005, 02:58 PM)
There was not a more prominent and vocal opponent than Tom Lantos.

He was the fulcrum of anti-Genocide forces. Turkey gave him cover by their idiotic actions, re: rejection of American troop movements, conference of scholars cancellation and Pamuk trial.

He is the equivalent of Sen. Robert Byrd - the most Anti-Armenian senator. Hopefully he will retire soon, very soon - he's 88 or so.

I'm curious about the 11 no votes. I bet Katherine Harris from Florida is one of them as well. that weasal.

#44 Lev7

Lev7

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 418 posts

Posted 15 September 2005 - 02:05 PM

history in making smile.gif

#45 phantom22

phantom22

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 15 September 2005 - 02:13 PM

QUOTE (karakash @ Sep 15 2005, 02:01 PM)
He is the equivalent of Sen. Robert Byrd - the most Anti-Armenian senator.  Hopefully he will retire soon, very soon - he's 88 or so.

I'm curious about the 11 no votes.  I bet Katherine Harris from Florida is one of them as well.  that weasal.

Karakash,

Why are you "looking at a gift horse in the mouth?" We had a positive vote. Do you understand the intricacies that are behind Lantos' switched vote?
Do you understand that Jewish sensitivities are the mirror image of Armenian sensitivities? That brilliant but flawed Saroyan and some of our fascistic California politicians touched a sore nerve of many Jews.

#46 karakash

karakash

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 15 September 2005 - 02:14 PM

QUOTE (phantom22 @ Sep 15 2005, 03:13 PM)
Karakash,

Why are you "looking at a gift horse in the mouth?" We had a positive vote. Do you understand the intricacies that are behind Lantos' switched vote?
Do you understand that Jewish sensitivities are the mirror image of Armenian sensitivities? That brilliant but flawed Saroyan and some of our fascistic California politicians touched a sore nerve of many Jews.

My comments about retiring were about Byrd, not Lantos.

#47 phantom22

phantom22

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 15 September 2005 - 02:16 PM

Karakash,

Thank you for the clarification.

Edited by phantom22, 15 September 2005 - 02:17 PM.

#48 karakash

karakash

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 15 September 2005 - 02:17 PM

QUOTE (phantom22 @ Sep 15 2005, 03:16 PM)
Thank you for the clarification.

Lantos is only in his late 70s, while Byrd is in his late 80s...

#49 phantom22

phantom22

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 15 September 2005 - 02:21 PM

Karakash,

I should have stretched my hand to my bookcase at my right and perused my copy of "The Almanac of American Politics" before I responded. Lantos' vote will obviously be the top news story.

#50 karakash

karakash

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 15 September 2005 - 02:28 PM

QUOTE (phantom22 @ Sep 15 2005, 03:21 PM)
Karakash,

I should have stretched my hand to my bookcase at my right and perused my copy of "The Almanac of American Politics" before I responded. Lantos' vote will obviously be the top news story.

Indeed! See one of my prior posts - Number 26.

The ANCA has already quickly updated their site. Their work is most impressive... www.anca.org

#51 karakash

karakash

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 15 September 2005 - 02:32 PM

QUOTE (phantom22 @ Sep 15 2005, 02:46 PM)
I think that it is becoming increasingly clear to some of the American top brass that in order to adhere Armenia to the West (we are talking about Turkey here) the Turkey-Armenia divide must be settled. This is part of a greater regional strategy, to pull Armenia closer to the West and loosen some of its glue-like ties to Russia and Iran. Turkey is blind to this greater strategy because it is so tied to its myths that it can not see the bigger picture. We are dealing with Turkish xenophobia.

Nicholas Burns, who i believe was a spokesperson for the state dept. and also ambassador to greece at one point, spoke at one of my political science classes during college. He was asked about the genocide issue and openly discussed it. After the lecture I spoke to him about it and he repeated "it's off the record" a couple of times... this was back in the fall of 1998.

#52 phantom22

phantom22

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 15 September 2005 - 03:01 PM

QUOTE (Lev7 @ Sep 15 2005, 02:05 PM)
history in making smile.gif

Turkey will have to do some real soul-searching, like so many Turks that have to come to terms with their doenmeh (note lower case) Armenian grandmothers.

Then they will have to face up to Ataturk's adopted daughter being an Armenian, the real history of their country like the fact that under my great-grandfather tutelage his vilayet was a garden-of-eden and today is a desert with 70% unemployment, the "events of 1915" as they say, and their own xenophobia vis-a-vis Armenians.

#53 Verginne

Verginne

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 15 September 2005 - 03:03 PM

My connection frequently broke up or cut off. What are the details of the amendment that was attached to the resolution?? Does the amendment ruin the whole thing?

#54 Arpa

Arpa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,011 posts
  • Interests:Culture

Posted 15 September 2005 - 03:06 PM

QUOTE (phantom22 @ Sep 15 2005, 06:47 PM)
Lantos supporting it! WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!This is a real breakthrough. It looks like all the positive  dialogue with American Jews is working. It didn't hurt either that Spelling's daughter fell in love with and married an Armenian.

Lantos the “mimos”. What an idiot/clown! He has no idea where his "oss" is.
He struggles with the English laguage, using such highfluting terms to cover his Hungarian ass. Who elects such idiots to the US Congress anyway??! Baring the bankrolling from TelAviv!

The term is often used to mean “clown”. It is obvious that it is just an armenianized version of “mime”, i.e imitator, a mimic. He may be best described as a “manklavik/clown”, based on “manklav=slapstick”, a court jester. “Why did the chicken cross the street?” Har-di-har-har! Slap, slap!!
Lantos the Mimos, the Jewngarian who pretends to be the best Yankee since the “Clipper”, Joe DiMaggio, yet he fails miserably He may pretend to be an all American protagonist, promoting our “staunchest ally”, yet he fails to realize that our “staunchest ally” had total hegemony and absolute control over the Middle East, including Israel/Palestine but chose to prohibit his ilk from settling there, as those lands were designated for the people of the Koran. Don’t forget the Mehmet is not Jewish.
They may write volumes how the Ottomans welcomed the remnants of the Spanish Inquisitions, yet it begs for an explanation why those remnants were not allowed proceed further south , past Istanbul, to the “promised land”.
Is it because they had to wait until the British Mandate would take over the Ottoman hegemony to establish a “homeland”?

And now!

Turkish/Jewrkish brotherhood!!!

Edited by Arpa, 15 September 2005 - 03:13 PM.

#55 karakash

karakash

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 15 September 2005 - 03:13 PM

QUOTE (Verginne @ Sep 15 2005, 04:03 PM)
My connection frequently broke up or cut off.  What are the details of the amendment that was attached to the resolution??  Does the amendment ruin the whole thing?

Does anyone know anything about the amendment? No one had mentioned that before.

#56 Verginne

Verginne

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 15 September 2005 - 03:13 PM

There is NOTHING new about turkish/jewrkish brotherhood and co-conspiracy to commit Genocide on Armenians.

The jews have more reasons than the israel turkey alliance to want to deny and cover it up, they were part of it.

After all Herzl was the first jew denier of the AG.

Edited by Verginne, 15 September 2005 - 03:15 PM.

#57 phantom22

phantom22

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 15 September 2005 - 03:14 PM

Arpa,

Why this outburst from you NOW?? Lantos covered his A** and then voted "Yes."
Why do you feel it is necessary to tirade at this moment? I sense something dis-junctive. Has his vote shaken your "world view?"

QUOTE (Arpa @ Sep 15 2005, 03:06 PM)
Lantos the “mimos”. What an idiot/clown! He has no idea where his "oss" is.
He struggles with the English laguage, using such highfluting terms to cover his Hungarian ass.

The term is often used to mean “clown”. It is obvious that it is just an armenianized version of “mime”, i.e imitator, a mimic.  He may be best described as a “manklavik/clown”, based on “manklav=slapstick”, a court jester. “Why did the chicken cross the street?” Har-di-har-har! Slap, slap!!
Lantos the Mimos, the Jewngarian who pretends to be the best Yankee since the “Clipper”, Joe DiMaggio, yet he fails miserably  He may pretend to be an all American protagonist, promoting  our “staunchest ally”, yet he fails to realize that  our “staunchest ally” had total hegemony and absolute  control over the Middle East, including Israel/Palestine but chose to prohibit his ilk from settling there, as those lands were designated for the people of the Koran. Don’t forget the Mehmet is not Jewish.
They may write volumes how the Ottomans welcomed the remnants of the Spanish Inquisitions, yet it begs for an explanation why those remnants were not allowed proceed further south , past Istanbul, to the “promised land”.
Is it  because they had to wait until the British Mandate would take over the Ottoman hegemony to establish a “homeland”?

And now!

Turkish/Jewrkish brotherhood!!!

#58 phantom22

phantom22

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 15 September 2005 - 03:17 PM

Verginne,

Looks like Lantos' vote has got you shaking. He has done a real job on the likes of you. He has earth-quaked you to the core.

QUOTE (Verginne @ Sep 15 2005, 03:13 PM)
There is NOTHING new about turkish/jewrkish brotherhood and co-conspiracy to commit Genocide on Armenians.

The jews have more reasons than the israel turkey alliance to want to deny and cover it up, they were part of it.

After all Herzl was the first jew denier of the AG.

#59 Verginne

Verginne

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 15 September 2005 - 03:30 PM

QUOTE (phantom22 @ Sep 15 2005, 05:17 PM)
Verginne,

Looks like Lantos' vote has got you shaking. He has done a real job on the likes of you. He has earth-quaked you to the core.

Chasing after bones again? Apparently you missed the jewish lobby pledge to give all out support to turkey in defeating any vote in Congress.

Maybe he quaked and floored you, but it did nothing for me. tongue.gif

Besides...we need to know the details of the amendment that was attached to the resolution. It may make it totally worthless.

Edited by Verginne, 15 September 2005 - 03:32 PM.

#60 Verginne

Verginne

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 15 September 2005 - 03:34 PM

What if the amendment says "Today's turkey bears no responsibility for the actions of the ottoman empire?"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users