11 replies to this topic

#1 Arvestaked

Arvestaked

Aspiring Memetic Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 751 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 04:55 PM

If you live in L.A. and you enjoy this sort of acoustic rock you should go out tonight to Hotel Cafe in Hollywood and 9pm to support Melineh Kurdian.

Her Myspace page...

#2 Arvestaked

Arvestaked

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 751 posts

Posted 02 September 2008 - 12:18 PM

SATURDAY, SEPT. 6, 2008
HOTEL CAFE, 8:00pm
1623 1/2 n. Cahuenga Blvd.
Hollywood, CA 90028

#3 Arpa

Arpa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,011 posts
  • Interests:Culture

Posted 02 September 2008 - 12:45 PM

Melineh what the hell-ian?
Is there a ther kurd with a surname of "armen-ian"?
How about a furk with a surname od "ermi-oghlu"?
I she rleated to Armenouhi furk-ian? huh.gif ohmy.gif
I will not attend her concert, neither will I buy any of her records even if one would pay me a zillion of kurdish and furkish liras. msn-cry.gif msn-cry.gif msn-cry.gif Let the kurds attend her concert and buy her records.
Look here and more.
Disgusting!!
http://www.pbase.com/hagluc/profile

Edited by Arpa, 02 September 2008 - 12:53 PM.

#4 Arvestaked

Arvestaked

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 751 posts

Posted 02 September 2008 - 01:30 PM

That's ridiculous. I'm assuming you would also alienate people with the last names Istanbulian, Israelian, etc. who are as Armenian as anyone else? That's ridiculous. You think you're making some patriotic political statement but you aren't. It's immature. Solely based on names with very vague and unimportant origins?

#5 Sip

Sip

Buffet Connoisseur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,365 posts

Posted 02 September 2008 - 02:21 PM

If my last name was Kurdian, I would change it to Nigerian. It has a better ring to it and the look on white people's faces in the US would be awesome when you corrected them on how they should actually pronounce it.

Edited by Sip, 02 September 2008 - 02:22 PM.

#6 Arpa

Arpa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,011 posts

Posted 02 September 2008 - 02:52 PM

QUOTE (Arvestaked @ Sep 2 2008, 07:30 PM)
That's ridiculous. I'm assuming you would also alienate people with the last names Istanbulian, Israelian, etc. who are as Armenian as anyone else? That's ridiculous. You think you're making some patriotic political statement but you aren't. It's immature. Solely based on names with very vague and unimportant origins?

Ridiculous?
Your kind of so called armenians, with names like sultan hamidian (I am not kidding), who go to April 24 gatherings and swear at the furks are ridiculous.
Armenians need to have a life of their own, they need to have ethnic and national pride.
If you show me one kurd with a name like fatmah armenian I will change my name to mustafa mehmetian.
BTW. Will the furkish FM ali babacan (babajan) pay a visit to his "cousin" Arno Babajanian's statue?
http://www.armeniape...an_CIMG1353.JPG

Edited by Arpa, 02 September 2008 - 02:54 PM.

#7 Yervant1

Yervant1

The True North!

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,217 posts

Posted 02 September 2008 - 03:09 PM

QUOTE (Arpa @ Sep 2 2008, 04:52 PM)
Your kind of so called armenians,

Arpa please it's not necessary to make it personal, just state your opinion.
Thanks

#8 Arvestaked

Arvestaked

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 751 posts

Posted 02 September 2008 - 03:19 PM

QUOTE (Arpa @ Sep 2 2008, 01:52 PM)
Ridiculous?
Your kind of so called armenians, with names like sultan hamidian (I am not kidding), who go to April 24 gatherings and swear at the furks are ridiculous.
Armenians need to have a life of their own, they need to have ethnic and national pride.
If you show me one kurd with a name like fatmah armenian I will change my name to mustafa mehmetian.
BTW. Will the furkish FM ali babacan (babajan) pay a visit to his "cousin" Arno Babajanian's statue?
http://www.armeniape...an_CIMG1353.JPG

Do all the different types of Armenians a favor and don't express yourself in a public setting ever again.

#9 Arpa

Arpa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,011 posts

Posted 02 September 2008 - 03:51 PM

QUOTE (Yervant1 @ Sep 2 2008, 09:09 PM)
Arpa please it's not necessary to make it personal, just state your opinion.
Thanks

Thank you Yervant for your kind indulgence. You must understand how my heart breaks every time I see Armenians with such ugly names.
If I only could make an iota of impression...
I Have.
Many have expressed their consternation and despair that they don't know if their surnames are furkish, and what to do about it. Where are our armenologists? "armenologists with surnames like cholak-ian and topal-ian, kazanji-ian, balji-ian and bozabali-ian? http://www.highbeam....1-17814139.html
Istanbulian? How long was it that we left Istanbul?
We have lived in Boston, Toronto and Glendale for over 100 years. Why is it a shame to have surnames like Bostonian, Torontoyan and Glendelian but an honor to have names like Sivasli-ian etc.
Speaking of Israelian. I may have told this story before. One of my best friends, a classmate, had such a surname. Upon becoming an engineer, working in Arab countries, he realized that it was not a good idea having such a surname. Now he is officially, I mean officially and legally known by a surname named after his grandfather's name, which btw happens to be his own personal name as well, something like Armen Armenian? He has millions of documents, diplomas and patents issued to his previous surname. If he can do it, what is our problem?
A bit of ethnic pride is good for the soul, specially for the souls of our ancestors who were massacred for having Armenian surnames..

Edited by Arpa, 02 September 2008 - 04:00 PM.

#10 Sip

Sip

Buffet Connoisseur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,365 posts

Posted 02 September 2008 - 03:58 PM

By the way, is it possible "Kurd" is a by-product of translation to English and it is in fact some other root that is not related to the Kurds from Kurdistan?

#11 Arpa

Arpa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,011 posts

Posted 02 September 2008 - 04:17 PM

QUOTE (Sip @ Sep 2 2008, 10:58 PM)
By the way, is it possible "Kurd" is a by-product of translation to English and it is in fact some other root that is not related to the Kurds from Kurdistan?

Yes. It is blood curdling. tongue.gif
My local (Italian) fromagerie where I buy raw cheese to make tel tel panir http://www.assadsbak...mage_ab0270.jpg calls it "curd" (cheese), some may know it as "farmer's cheese".

Edited by Arpa, 03 September 2008 - 03:44 AM.

#12 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,467 posts

Posted 02 September 2008 - 05:38 PM

Arp apapik Hangstatsy smile.gif hima Tansyon@d ver bid yella noren smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users