#1 Aaron

Aaron

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts
  • Interests:traveling, reading, science

Posted 16 February 2008 - 08:44 PM

Hi everyone,

Message especially intended for members from Montreal ... and the phenomenally rich private jet owners of California, lol! We (a group of young armenians) started a new cinema club in the armenian community. Long story made short, we show a film once every three weeks in the armenian community center (AGBU center), a discussion follows the movie. It's open to everyone; armenian, other nationalities, young, old, etc. We try to pick movies that have had some sort of impact on cinema history, or that have brought something new to film making, in terms of genre, technique, screenplay, etc! I have always loved cinema and we started this group to offer some quality films to those who appreciate it. We're not just a bunch of kids killing time by watching movies ... the first two showings gathered a crowd of all ages and all backgrounds. Best way to learn about this is facebook (for those who have it ... who doesn't these days?). The group is called "AGBU Cinema Network", join the group and you'll receive automatic updates on what's coming, the next event is also advertised there ... it's going to be this Monday (18th of February), we'll show "Run Lola Run". The first 2 films were "Vertigo" from Alfred Hitchcock and "The Celebration" form Thomas Vinterberg. If you don't like "Run Lola Run", you can always come to the following ones!

See you all there,
A.

Nicolas, Vava, and the rest, hope to see you guys there. And if you have questions don't hesitate a second!

Edited by Aaron, 16 February 2008 - 08:45 PM.

#2 AVO

AVO

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,184 posts

Posted 16 February 2008 - 10:00 PM

Run Lola Run is a nice movie. Good choice, but I doubt that elders would like it.

#3 DominO

DominO

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,455 posts

Posted 16 February 2008 - 10:04 PM

QUOTE (AVO @ Feb 16 2008, 11:00 PM)
Run Lola Run is a nice movie. Good choice, but I doubt that elders would like it.

I love that movie, that's a true movie.

Edited by DominO, 16 February 2008 - 10:04 PM.

#4 Armenak

Armenak

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 816 posts

Posted 17 February 2008 - 07:25 PM

QUOTE (Aaron @ Feb 16 2008, 06:44 PM)
the first two showings gathered a crowd of all ages and all backgrounds.

The Celebration is definitely not for the youngsters. ohmy.gif

I'm assuming most of the attendees are over 16 years old?

#5 Aaron

Aaron

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts
  • Interests:traveling, reading, science

Posted 17 February 2008 - 10:05 PM

yes, the overwhelming majority (in fact, all) were over 16, and even over 18 ... and the movie was very much appreciated by the crowd.

A.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users