Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,343 posts
  • Interests:Theology, Tennis, Jazz, Modern Art, Red Wine

Posted 13 December 2002 - 07:50 PM

---------------------------------------------------------------
++ ANCA News Update ++ ANCA News Update ++ ANCA News Update ++
--------------------------------------------------------------- http://www.anca.org
December 13, 2002

ANCA Calls On The Bush Administration To Explain New Regulation Requiring
Registration of Armenian Citizens

Armenian Immigrants Targeted Along With Saudi Arabian and Pakistani Immigrants

Washington, DC - In a deeply troubling development, the Republic of Armenia
will be added to a list of countries whose non-immigrant male
nationals over the age of 16 residing in the United States must register with
the U.S. Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS).

After September 11, 2001, the INS began requiring nationals from designated
countries believed to harbor terrorists to submit to this special
registration process. These designated countries include: Iraq, Iran, Lebanon,
Libya, Sudan, Syria, and the United Arab Emirates, among
others.

The news, however, of the Republic of Armenia being included into this group
of nations has raised concerns for the Armenian community across
the nation. Anticipating an announcement, the ANCA and Armenian community
leaders have expressed outrage at this decision by the INS and the
Bush Administration, questioning why Armenia is being singled out and included
on such a list. Armenia is the only former Soviet republic to
be included as well as the only Christian country. Since the events on
September 11, 2001, Armenia was one of the first countries to offer
the United States its full cooperation in the War on Terrorism.

The ANCA issued a statement to be delivered to President George W. Bush
calling on him to explain this sudden and inexplicable decision by the
Administration, and to make public any information that may have led to the
inclusion of Armenia on such a list.

"We are deeply troubled by this decision on the part of the Bush
Administration," stated Aram Hamparian, ANCA Executive Director. "We call
upon President Bush to explain why Armenia has been singled out for this
treatment when the U.S. government has never considered Armenia to be
the home of any terrorist organization, unlike the other countries on the INS
list. Armenian Americans throughout the United States deserve
to know why the President has chosen this discriminatory policy when only a
few months ago he was expressing the United States' profound
gratitude for Armenia's cooperation in the War on Terrorism."

On April 24 2002, President Bush stated: "The United States greatly values the
contributions Armenians make to our national life (…) The
United States is also deeply grateful for Armenia's swift and decisive
cooperation in the war against terrorism.
Just as the United States reached out to the Armenian people to provide
shelter and freedom early in the last century, so did Armenia extend a
supportive hand to the American people in the immediate aftermath of September
11. Our two peoples stand together in this fight in support of
values that define civilization itself."

The ANCA has also raised the issue of Azerbaijan's conspicuous absence form
this list, given its record of harboring Al-Qaeda terrorists
dating back to 1992. Additionally, the Republic of Georgia, which has
frequently been cited by the U.S. government as being a place of refuge
for Al-Qaeda and other terrorist groups, is also absent from the INS list.

The Armenian National Committee of America (ANCA) is the largest and most
influential Armenian American grassroots political organization.
Working in coordination with a network of offices, chapters, and supporters
throughout the United States and affiliated organizations around
the world, the ANCA actively advances the concerns of the Armenian American
community on a broad range of issues.

=====================================================================

Published by the:

Armenian National Committee of America
888 17th Street NW Suite 904
Washington, DC 20006
Tel: (202) 775-1918
Fax: (202) 775-5648
E-mail: anca@anca.org
Internet:
http://www.anca.org

For more information, contact:
Elizabeth S. Chouldjian
(202) 775-1918

#2 wh00t

wh00t

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 521 posts

Posted 13 December 2002 - 08:02 PM

WHAT?! That came out of left field.

[ December 13, 2002, 08:06 PM: Message edited by: wh00t ]

#3 Azat

Azat

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,969 posts
  • Interests:wine, beer, food, art, jokes

Posted 13 December 2002 - 09:08 PM

WOW, I wonder what this was based on

#4 gamavor

gamavor

-= Nobility =-

• Nobility
  • 5,049 posts

Posted 13 December 2002 - 09:15 PM

He, He, He, He, He, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha

God have mercy! Such an idiots.
Ladyies and Gentelman now we can rename our Forum - Terrorist Forum!

Osama, Center, Osama there are some more high buildings in New York left!

#5 khodja

khodja

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,295 posts
  • Interests:genocide recognition

Posted 13 December 2002 - 10:37 PM

All you SUPER-ESHEG conservative Armenians who ardently supported Bush will now feel the sting of his administration. You didn't realize how good we had it under Clinton. Weems has succeeded. Armenia is now considered the ONLY Christian terrorist state in the world. Bush's administration has become a Turkish military mouthpiece.

#6 wh00t

wh00t

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 521 posts

Posted 13 December 2002 - 11:11 PM

This is an unmitigated outrage which will be exploited by Armenia's enemies for years to come, whether or not the Bush administration decides to withdraw the ROA from the list. Weems is having a field day.

#7 Mher

Mher

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 13 December 2002 - 11:18 PM

This arrogant administration has gone too ******** far.

Some thoughts and FACTS

Any list of countries harboring terrorism excluding US and Israel is incomplete and will only help terrorism to succeed with a different face!!

We must understand the problem to solve it correctly whether it is mathematical, economical, political or international. Thus, the definition of terrorism and terrorists need to be established clearly for the sake of a long lasting world peace. If we consider Newton's Third Law Of Motion - 'Every action has an equal and opposite reaction'. This is equally true for all US actions including Vietnam, Korea, Philippines, Indonesia, throughout South America, Middle East and Africa, and former Yugoslavia. For ideological war or economic interests, most terrorists have been either trained in US or trained by US in some way, including many notorious world dictators!

It is once again unfortunate that President (Non-Democratically Elected) George Bush has started labeling countries with ancient civilization and heritage as terrorist. This is being done at a time when the world was so close to be united against the evils of arms race, global warming, mines, guns as well as weapons of mass destruction including chemical, biological and nuclear weapons.

Our beautiful World had a wonderful chance after World War II for a long lasting peace! Unfortunately, imprudent partitioning and redrawing of many Asian, African and European countries were done to satisfy long term American and British strategic interests. The very interests of the local people, cultures, values and securities, were sacrificed for the sake of the American and British economic and military interests.

There is still time to begin 21st Century in a good note ensuring peace and good environment while maintaining a sustainable worldwide economy considering mutual interests of all countries. We must not miss this wonderful opportunity by separating countries and dividing the world, in the name of a virtual enemy 'terrorism'.

Since its inception, Israel has been terrorizing Palestinians and Arabs armed with latest US weapons including nuclear bombs and missiles. They even destroyed USS Liberty killing 34 and wounding 171 American marines in 1967. Prime Minister Sharon himself has been charged as a war criminal who helped kill and massacre 20,000+ Lebanese and butchered thousands of Palestinians refugees including women and children. Israeli intelligence regularly conducts assassinations throughout the world.

Most people in the world including US and Israel are for peace and common good of mankind. It is the self-censored commercial media which diverts world opinion labeling death and destruction as collateral damage.

This is a time when our beloved world leaders must use their power and intelligence toward uniting the world and not dividing it further in the name of terrorism!

#8 khodja

khodja

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,295 posts

Posted 14 December 2002 - 12:04 PM

Vice-President Cheney has been working feverishly from the first day he took office to bankrupt California. He and his oil-business cronies worked not only to keep the Baku-Ceyhan Pipeline out of Armenia but also out of the Armenian populated regions of Georgia. Deputy Defense Secretary Wolfowitz praises Turkey's civil rights record. This administration is clearly not our friend.

#9 Accelerated

Accelerated

eh?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,110 posts
  • Interests:always changing

Posted 14 December 2002 - 05:42 AM

Wow, this is worrying to say the least. Considering the number of Armenians residing in the States and their substantial collective influence, the Armenian community leadership must really be doing something very wrong for this to happen....

#10 khodja

khodja

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,295 posts

Posted 14 December 2002 - 08:24 AM

There is nothing wrong with the Armenian leadership. For the first time in decades they have made a sincere attempt to work in unison at times. They have achieved too much success. The problem is a total power grab by the present adminstration, one that places politics over policy. It wants to turn the US into another China, where workers are willing to work at wages which will allow them only mere substanance and where the conservative churches rule supreme. NOTHING is out of limits for them even treason. For such a regieme to survive it must severely curtail civil ilberties. That is why the 9/11 events were allowed to play out. So a police state could be formed. Within two short years a bustling US economy has been stopped in it's tracks, and wealth has been massively transferred from the middle classes to the wealthy. Will the American public realize what is transpiring only when it is too late?

#11 gamavor

gamavor

-= Nobility =-

• Nobility
  • 5,049 posts

Posted 14 December 2002 - 10:16 AM

Paranoia. That is the name of the disease.
Americans have never had reputation of well informed (educated) people. Why you are so surprised of such decision. America's State Department is all but American institution. Americans and Turks have much more in common than Americans and Armenians, or Americans and Europeans. Just ridicule them, although it will be in vane.
The more important question is whether American-Armenians should continue lobbying for futile causes. If you cannot accomplish something in 50 years, like recognizing Armenian Genocide, why should we continue support lobbying groups.
Isn't it much better to direct these million dollar bills for lobbying to Armenia for economical development?
What is the purpose of having lobby when Armenia has such a bad image. It is widely recognized that Armenian lobby is one of the largest in Capitol Hill - meaning, well financed, and yet only recently Armenia became WTO nation, yet it is not Armenia but our neighbors that take the large chunk of US aid, paid with our Armenian Tax dollars. What is the purpose of having lobby?

#12 khodja

khodja

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,295 posts

Posted 14 December 2002 - 10:40 AM

Gamavor,

You are a typical attorney, obfuscating the issues. The Armenian lobby has been quite successful in attempting to right the wrongs our people have endured. The problem is that with this Bush adminstration we have gone from the frypan into the fire. The likes of you worked feverishly to bring your former governor to the Presidency. Compare the condition of our nation (US) and Armenian affairs under Clinton with what is going on now and you will see that you are an ememy of Armenia.

#13 gamavor

gamavor

-= Nobility =-

• Nobility
  • 5,049 posts

Posted 14 December 2002 - 11:01 AM

First. My nation is not USA.
Second. If someone refuses to call a spade, a spade, I don't see why I should buy him a lunch.
Third. I hope you and all pro-American idiots will realize that in this global world there are 2 new poles. USA (State Department, Exxon-Mobile), Turkey and Israel on one hand and the free world on the other hand.

Make your mind HagaragOglu.

And the ones like Usama are just barbies....

#14 khodja

khodja

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,295 posts

Posted 14 December 2002 - 11:13 AM

Gamavor,

That is the difference between your family and mine. We came here at the turn of the last century, worked long hours, and assimilated. We adopted the US as our nation and became part of the mainstream, while keeping knowledge of the Armenian language. That is why the Bush Administration is so alarming to me and not to many other newly-arrived Armenians who do not know what it is to live in a free country. Now we will all feel the sting of this spider.

#15 THOTH

THOTH

Veteran

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts
  • Interests:many

Posted 14 December 2002 - 11:18 AM

quote:
Originally posted by gamavor:
First. My nation is not USA.

Really now Gamovor? You seem to be prospering quite well in your non-nation. If it disgusts you so much here then why don't you move elsewhere?

quote:
Originally posted by gamavor:
I hope you and all pro-American idiots will realize that in this global world there are 2 new poles. USA (State Department, Exxon-Mobile), Turkey and Israel on one hand and the free world on the other hand.

Come now Gamovor - even you must admit this is quite an overstatement/oversimplification - and the last pert concerning just who is and isn't in the "free world" is just untrue.

#16 ES

ES

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 14 December 2002 - 11:31 AM

It is so thru, what is said of us Armenians. So characteristic what is going on here between Hagarag & Gamavor!

When times call for unity, here, perfect example is set, hargarag and Gamavor!
And the feeding frenzy begins; pretty soon you will forget what the issue was about!

But I could be wrong
Could I?

I tell you what, I would love to be wrong

#17 gamavor

gamavor

-= Nobility =-

• Nobility
  • 5,049 posts

Posted 14 December 2002 - 01:06 PM

Really now Gamovor? You seem to be prospering quite well in your non-nation. If it disgusts you so much here then why don't you move elsewhere?

Yeah. I do not intend to stay too long here. I came for MONEY. And I'm honest enough to say this. I hope after my graduation to find a well paid job (100K), work 3-5 years, doing my best as a profesional performance, and get out of here.

#18 khodja

khodja

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,295 posts

Posted 14 December 2002 - 01:17 PM

Some of us think of the US as OUR country. We want to stay here and make it better. MONEY is important but there are other concerns we have (e.g. environment and human rights). It is sad that the Bush administration welcomes and helps those like Gamavor who are here only to pass through, but does everything in it's power to destroy the lives of people such as myself who have worked so hard all my life.

#19 Guest_Fadi_*

Guest_Fadi_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 December 2002 - 01:25 PM

So which Armenian still support the republicans, that I can come and spank him.

#20 Guest_Fadi_*

Guest_Fadi_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 December 2002 - 01:30 PM

Ah, and I agree with Gamavor here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users