#21 armjan

armjan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 703 posts

Posted 23 February 2005 - 03:34 PM

QUOTE (Azat @ Feb 23 2005, 03:27 PM)
Possibly Syria before Iran in September

yes that would seem more likely since the two are different indeed.
from what i understand, majority of Iran's population is very young, and they do not support the regime.

as far as september, your guess would be as good as mine.

Edited by armjan, 23 February 2005 - 03:35 PM.

#22 Nakharar

Nakharar

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 23 February 2005 - 03:34 PM

When I look at Bush I can't help but think that the Dark Horse has pulled through.

#23 Azat

Azat

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,969 posts
  • Interests:wine, beer, food, art, jokes

Posted 23 February 2005 - 03:41 PM

QUOTE (armjan @ Feb 23 2005, 01:34 PM)
yes that would seem more likely since the two are different indeed.
from what i understand, majority of Iran's population is very young, and they do not support the regime.

as far as september, your guess would be as good as mine.

I actually think we could possibly have WWIII if and when we try to hit Iran.

We for sure will have the draft if that were to happen. The reserves are all on active duty and are all demorolized...

#24 armjan

armjan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 703 posts

Posted 23 February 2005 - 03:44 PM

QUOTE (Azat @ Feb 23 2005, 03:41 PM)
I actually think we could possibly have WWIII if and when we try to hit Iran. 

We for sure will have the draft if that were to happen.  The reserves are all on active duty and are all demorolized...

you bring up an interesting pt. i am just wondering, if there was a draft, how many of us would go?

#25 phantom22

phantom22

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 23 February 2005 - 03:46 PM

Do y'all think that Bush has closer sympathies with the Shiite Moslems or the Sunnis? You realize that his whole agenda has to do with two things, religion and oil interests.

#26 Armen

Armen

Veterinarian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,456 posts

Posted 23 February 2005 - 03:46 PM

QUOTE (Azat @ Feb 23 2005, 03:24 PM)
Please why do you guys keep saying this.  I HATE the guy but I am not at all surprised that he is the leader.  He can connect with the common man, prior to becoming a president he was the son of a president and the grandson of a popular senator.  He is a Yale graduate, has GREAT connection all around him.  Was the governor of a state bigger than all European countries.  Very successful business man.  Need we say more?

It is the attitude that he is a fool that did not unite all the democrats and got his fool reelected to the office again.

Azat, I just think that there a lot of "non-fool: same kind of people in the US. Be it democrat of republican. Also, I disagree with neo-conservative view of the world.

#27 Nakharar

Nakharar

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 23 February 2005 - 03:51 PM

I was thinking of 2006 at the earliest, but by the way they are going they will strike Syria no later this summer. Iran is a different matter. I don't think a full scale invasion will be the case, but a massive bombardment of the two countries. In effect those countries will be crippled if not obliterated by the massive firepower. I think it would be wiser for the US to frantically start searching containers that are stored somewhere in LA and New York.

#28 armjan

armjan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 703 posts

Posted 23 February 2005 - 04:01 PM

QUOTE (phantom22 @ Feb 23 2005, 03:46 PM)
Do y'all think that Bush has closer sympathies with the Shiite Moslems or the Sunnis? You realize that his whole agenda has to do with two things, religion and oil interests.

yes, so wouldn't installing dictators in arabia be better? why go through all this trouble.
and yes, i don't think this man gives a hoot about muslims.

somewhere in texas, a village is missing a really well-connected idiot.

Edited by armjan, 23 February 2005 - 04:07 PM.

#29 Azat

Azat

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,969 posts
  • Interests:wine, beer, food, art, jokes

Posted 23 February 2005 - 05:49 PM

QUOTE (armjan @ Feb 23 2005, 01:44 PM)
you bring up an interesting pt. i am just wondering, if there was a draft, how many of us would go?

Maybe you but not this old fart. smile.gif

#30 DominO

DominO

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,455 posts

Posted 23 February 2005 - 06:04 PM

Bush will not attack Iran, Lebanon will be invaded by the Europeans as a replacing force to Syrian forces, to save Syria`s face.

Even Bush is not as dumb as to invade Iran, when the Islamic world hate him like hell and that Iraq is still not stablised.

This may change if there is a Palestinian state that satisfy the Arab worl, and that the US would be responsable of that.

Edited by QueBeceR, 23 February 2005 - 06:05 PM.

#31 Nakharar

Nakharar

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 24 February 2005 - 03:30 PM

The Syrians already succumbed to the pressure. The whole thing reminds me of Archduke Franz Ferdinand's assassination where Austrians demanded complete access for an investigation:

Syria Committed to Withdraw From Lebanon

By ALBERT AJI, Associated Press Writer

BEIRUT, Lebanon - Syria said Thursday it will begin withdrawing its troops in Lebanon closer to its own border, a move designed to blunt international demands for a complete pullout and to ease a groundswell of anti-Syrian sentiment.

Both Syria and Lebanon's Damascus-allied government gave no timetable, indicating the troops would not leave Lebanon at this stage and that the withdrawal toward the border would be on their own terms.

The two countries don't want to be seen to be caving in to a U.N. Security Council resolution in September that effectively called on Syria to withdraw all its forces from Lebanon and to end its political interference.

While the redeployment promised Thursday falls well short of U.N. demands, which were endorsed by President Bush, it was still a significant attempt to ease pressure that has been building since the Feb. 14 assassination of former Lebanese Prime Minister Rafik Hariri in Beirut.

There was no sign Thursday night of any movement among Syria's 15,000 troops in Lebanon. At a Syrian intelligence post at Ramlet el-Baida, on the southern edge of Beirut, a gun-wielding plainclothes Syrian agent stood outside one office, while another paced back and forth. Along the Beirut-Damascus highway near the mountain town of Aley, Syrian soldiers collected their dinners from a truck.

"The decision to withdraw has been taken," Lebanese Defense Minister Abdul-Rahim Murad told the local New TV channel. "What remains is the exact timing."

A pullback could start as early as Saturday, said one senior Lebanese security official, who spoke on condition of anonymity.

Murad said Lebanese and Syrian military officers were meeting to define "the dates and the way" of the withdrawal. He stressed it was in line with the Arab-brokered Taif accord of 1989, which provides for Syrian soldiers to be stationed in the eastern Bekaa Valley near the border.

Israel, Syria's arch foe, welcomed the announcement. Egypt said that Syrian Foreign Minister Farouk al-Sharaa would be coming to Cairo at an unspecified date to discuss the issue. Egypt sent its intelligence chief to Damascus on Wednesday for talks on the matter.

A U.S. official in Washington, speaking on condition of anonymity, said the United States has not been notified about a withdrawal, and it remains to be seen how many troops would be removed from Lebanon and when the pullout would occur.

A team dispatched by U.N. Secretary-General Kofi Annan to investigate the Hariri assassination arrived in Beirut late Thursday. The three-member team, headed by Ireland's Deputy Police Commissioner Peter Fitzgerald, was expected to inspect the central Beirut scene of the bombing and to meet with Lebanese investigators.

Lebanon has rejected the international inquiry that the United States and France have demanded, but it has expressed a willingness to cooperate with foreign investigators.

The killing of Hariri, who was credited with rebuilding Lebanon after the 1975-90 civil war, provoked mass demonstrations against Syria. Lebanese opposition leaders accused the government and Syria of playing a role in the assassination — a charge strongly denied by both governments. The opposition has now pledged to bring down the government in a no-confidence motion in parliament on Monday.

Some opposition figures dismissed Thursday's withdrawal statement as vague. Samir Franjieh said the announcement did not refer to a complete pullout from Lebanon.

It was not clear whether the withdrawal would mean the removal of the Syrian intelligence officers whom the opposition accuses of meddling in Lebanese politics.

Syrian troops are currently based on the mountains overlooking the Mediterranean coast to the west and in the eastern Bekaa Valley. They also have positions along the north Lebanese coast around Tripoli, the country's second-largest city.

The bulk of the Syrian garrison, which once numbered 35,000, has been withdrawn from the coastal areas in redeployments since 2000. The last withdrawal was in December when Syrian security agents vacated posts at Beirut International Airport and in the north of the country.

The Bekaa is of strategic military importance to Syria, which is technically at war with Israel. In 1982, Israeli troops invading Lebanon drove the Syrian army out of large swaths of the valley and set up bases on Syria's western frontier. The Lebanese border is only a 20-minute drive from Damascus, the Syrian capital.

Syria, which sent its army into Lebanon in 1976 amid a civil war, has for many years pledged to implement that Taif agreement. But significant parts of the accord have never been implemented: a withdrawal of all Syria forces to the Bekaa — which the accord scheduled for the early 1990s, and a later total pullout from Lebanon.

In its statement Thursday, the Syrian Foreign Ministry said its soldiers would not all leave Lebanon immediately because "speeding up the pace of withdrawals requires enabling the Lebanese army and internal security forces to fill the vacuum that could take place in a way that does not undermine the security of Lebanon and Syria."

The Lebanese government has also said that it could be destabilizing to implement the U.N. resolution calling for a total Syrian withdrawal.

#32 ED

ED

Քեռի

• Nobility
  • 5,960 posts
  • Interests:Music, traveling, Salvador Dali, Tolstoy, Sevak, Charents
    wine, sushi and lots lots more

Posted 24 February 2005 - 04:29 PM

as a "thru" christian Bush is commited to see Armagedon come thru, this is the wish of every brainwashed orginized religiuos fanatic. before my father died, i got in an argument with his next bed patiant, he was a starch supporter of Isreal and blind beliver of the bible, and when he spoke of this Armagedon, his remarks was, I would love to see it happen, becouse it says it will happen with a big freaking smile on his face.

Amaizingly, after all this, I always try to find something diplomartic, smart, coherent and minigfull when Bush talks, yet I never experianced that satesfactory experiance.

#33 ED

ED

Քեռի

• Nobility
  • 5,960 posts
  • Interests:Music, traveling, Salvador Dali, Tolstoy, Sevak, Charents
    wine, sushi and lots lots more

Posted 24 February 2005 - 04:43 PM

besides if anybody who thinks Syria is responsible for the death of the former PM he should move to US and vote for Bush, who will benefit from assanating a FORMER PM? Syira is the last country who would pull out a stunt like that, not when there is US who is looking for an excuse to attack her, so who might benefit from instability of a reagion? now palestinians and Jews have relative peace and looks like Palestinians are gong to be less worry for Jews, who is next? if you'll know the answer to that then wolla. games, games are played and games are planed, when there is a need to raise oil pricess you stage a 6 day war or invate Iraq, Lebanon always has been considered part of "historic Isreal" when Syirians leave US will garanty her security? oh first Armenian republic comes to mind, Hagop Paronyan said it well,

"yesal Kudam Hayastan@ dzezi, gnatseq statseq"

#34 armjan

armjan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 703 posts

Posted 24 February 2005 - 04:51 PM

QUOTE (Edward @ Feb 24 2005, 04:29 PM)
as a "thru" christian Bush is commited to see Armagedon come thru, this is the wish of every brainwashed orginized religiuos fanatic. before my father died, i got in an argument with his next bed patiant, he was a starch supporter of Isreal and blind beliver of the bible, and when he spoke of this Armagedon, his remarks was, I would love to see it happen, becouse it says it will happen with a big freaking smile on his face.

Amaizingly, after all this, I always try to find something diplomartic, smart, coherent and minigfull when Bush talks, yet I never experianced that satesfactory experiance.

times of tribulations is a very scary time indeed!
but seeing how other species have gone extinct, whether christian/jewish/muslim view don't matter, the human species is basically hoased to say the least.

Human race is a victim of circumstance, at the mercy of other forces, understood or not is a different matter.(mother nature, god, whatever turns u on).

Edited by armjan, 24 February 2005 - 04:53 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users