Photo

Do you believe in God?

• Please log in to reply
427 replies to this topic

Poll: Do you believe in God?

Believe/disbelief ratio

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#421 Sip

Sip

Buffet Connoisseur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,366 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 02:20 PM

QUOTE (LK82 @ May 20 2008, 10:36 AM)
Holy crap, are you guys still on this topic?

That's typically THE n00b reaction around here ... just give it a few months ... this thread is still going places. tongue.gif biggrin.gif

#422 Ashot

Ashot

www.HyeForum.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,080 posts
  • Interests:Anything and Everything

Posted 20 May 2008 - 04:16 PM

LK jan, no just had the caps lock on!!! not screaming - talking out loud!!! ehheeee hima minchev batsatrem erku karmir keteri masin... do en asa vontses???

#423 LK82

LK82

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 10:59 PM

* Mental note, Ashot talks loud * wink.gif Yes lavem Ash jan, du vonces?

#424 AK-47

AK-47

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 624 posts
  • Interests:Armenian history, music, sports, politics...the usual stuff.

Posted 21 July 2008 - 01:38 PM

European (and Turkish) belief in God

Edited by AK-47, 21 July 2008 - 01:38 PM.

#425 Arvestaked

Arvestaked

Aspiring Memetic Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 751 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 12:19 PM

Looks like I need to go to either the Czech Republic or Estonia.

#426 Rewell

Rewell

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 05:23 AM

For me we I can say that what I did is good when there is no guilt, regret, nightmares at the end of the day. I believe that God is the source of all goodness. He is definitely the force that persuades us to do good. I have a faith that we are heaven-worthy if and only if we are doing good and we are obeying God's commandments with exactness.

#427 Rog

Rog

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 08:09 AM

Rewell,

You mentioned that God is the source of all goodness, which I agree. You made the statement, "I have a faith that we are heaven-worthy if and only if we are doing good and we are obeying God's commandments with exactness."

The Bible says that even if you break one of God's commandments, you are guilty of all of them (James 2:10 "For whoever keeps the whole law and yet stumbles in one point, he has become guilty of all"). What this means is that you will never be able to keep all of God's commandments with exactness. God never intended that. God's commandments are like a mirror to reveal to us that we fail to keep God's commands. At the same time, there is only one person who ever kept God's command perfectly, Jesus Christ (1 Peter 2:22 "Who committed no sin, nor was any deceit found in His mouth"). Jesus lived the perfect life we could never live, and then God punished man's sins on Jesus, the punishment we deserved (2 Corinthians 5:21 "He made Him who knew no sin to be sin on our behalf, so that we might become the righteousness of God in Him").

The Bible states that the only way to gain God's acceptance is by faith in Jesus, you cannot earn God's favor (Romans 3:28 "For we maintain that a man is justified ("made right with God") by faith apart from the works of the Law"; Ephesians 2:8-9 "For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, so that no one may boast").

Our response should be to turn away from our sin and to turn to Jesus. That means to have faith (believe and trust) in Jesus. Believe that Jesus was God's one and only Son who lived a perfect life and then was crucified on a roman cross to pay the punishment for sin, and then rose three days later. Trust that Jesus is the only one who could pay the punishment that your sins deserve and He is the only one who can change you so that you can obey God (Romans 3:23 "For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord"). Then and only then can you be fully rid guilt, regret, and nightmares (Romans 8:1 "Therefore there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus"). I encourage you today to place your faith in Jesus.

Take care,
Rog

#428 onjig

onjig

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts
  • Location:Ranch in Sierra Nevada Mountains, California, Ranch in Nevada
  • Interests:Family, Armenia, Armenians,skiing, crop, too much to list.

Posted 21 March 2013 - 09:06 PM

Glory to our God

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users