• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,969 posts
  • Interests:wine, beer, food, art, jokes

Posted 11 January 2005 - 04:40 PM

QUOTE (Harut @ Jan 11 2005, 02:27 PM)
huh.gif
Mesrop Mashtots founded a language?
huh.gif
and Grapar branched off from Western Armenian too?

Vapshe da ara. xi es zarmatsel?

Sorry could not resist. smile.gif it is the best sentence I could come up with with the provided words by gellamelan

BTW: gellamelan welcome to HyeForum. And Apra is the King and not the queen

#42 Armen

Armen

Veterinarian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,456 posts

Posted 11 January 2005 - 05:42 PM

Gellamelan,

I disgree with you on the whole "Hayastantsi" stuff. Everything we do is correct and officially Armenian because we live in Armenia. The Russian words we use come from the natural sythesis of Armenian language with other languages. So, learn to speak proper Armenian smile.gif

I agree with you on Arpa being the Queen of the forum though ...

#43 Arpa

Arpa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,011 posts
  • Interests:Culture

Posted 11 January 2005 - 06:45 PM

QUOTE (Azat @ Jan 11 2005, 10:40 PM)
Vapshe da ara.  xi es zarmatsel?
==
BTW:  gellamelan welcome to HyeForum.  And Apra is the King and not the queen

Thank you Azat.
I may be the arqa but you certainly are the arqayits arqa.

Go ahead boys and girls. Fire away, as long a you still have ammunition, that is, you still remember some Armenian words.
Sooner than we know, we will ALL be speaking like this; Vallah aga, dzo chem haskanum xi k'ses gor. And a few years down we will be saying; Yo! Armen, que passa? Inch ka chka amigo?

#44 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,474 posts

Posted 11 January 2005 - 06:49 PM

Arpa i have send you a PM - please answer !

#45 Armen

Armen

Veterinarian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,456 posts

Posted 11 January 2005 - 07:54 PM

QUOTE (Arpa @ Jan 11 2005, 06:45 PM)
Go ahead boys and girls. Fire away, as long a you still have ammunition, that is, you still remember some Armenian words.
Sooner than we know, we will ALL be speaking like this; Vallah aga, dzo chem haskanum xi k'ses gor.  And a few years down we will be saying; Yo! Armen, que passa? Inch ka chka amigo?

Arpa, you know .. when you fire you should naturally expect to get fired on.

What's bad about speaking like that. It will be a modern Armenian language. I am all for the modern, progressive, cutting edge stuff. People who are against innovelties are retards, backword thinking, closeminded anti-reformists. And Armenian will sound realy good with the whole melodic Arabic and Spanish mixture. So don't act like a sissi Queen.

#46 Azat

Azat

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,969 posts
  • Interests:wine, beer, food, art, jokes

Posted 11 January 2005 - 07:57 PM

Armen it is one thing for a language to evolve (which I am all for) and another to get it mutilated(Yo! Armen, que passa? Inch ka chka amigo?) which I am 100% against

#47 Armen

Armen

Veterinarian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,456 posts

Posted 11 January 2005 - 08:03 PM

Azat jan, but "evolved" and "mutilated" are descriptions that can be viewed as subjective. So, I think everything the Armenian language accepts is progressive and we should never impose and artificial limits and let the language exercise its freedom of choice.

#48 Nané

Nané

Նանե

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,636 posts

Posted 11 January 2005 - 08:42 PM

QUOTE (Armen @ Jan 11 2005, 06:03 PM)
Azat jan, but "evolved" and "mutilated" are descriptions that can be viewed as subjective. So, I think everything the Armenian language accepts is progressive and we should never impose and artificial limits and let the language exercise its freedom of choice.

Emmm ... NO. We tend to adopt "everything" without much thought, thus if we allow, our language will become a garbage can. Come on, we need some resistance.

Edited by Sulamita, 11 January 2005 - 08:44 PM.

#49 Armen

Armen

Veterinarian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,456 posts

Posted 11 January 2005 - 08:47 PM

QUOTE (Sulamita @ Jan 11 2005, 08:42 PM)
Emmm ... NO.  We tend to adopt "everything" without much thought, thus if we allow, our language will become a garbage can.  Come on, we need some resistance.

Why do you call it a garbage can? I call it an evolved and free language.

#50 Nané

Nané

Նանե

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,636 posts

Posted 11 January 2005 - 08:49 PM

QUOTE (Armen @ Jan 11 2005, 06:47 PM)
Why do you call it a garbage can? I call it an evolved and free language.

I call it Armenian language-no more.

#51 Armen

Armen

Veterinarian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,456 posts

Posted 11 January 2005 - 08:54 PM

QUOTE (Sulamita @ Jan 11 2005, 08:49 PM)
I call it Armenian language-no more.

You are so wrong. What is Armenian language anyway. Isen't it a sythesis of some words from different tribes.

Actually, the world would be better off wholesale if we would have only English. And we would not pay money to millions all those language teachers. Moreover, I think linguists are paid for nothing. They don't produce food or cloths, cars or sex. Who needs these people? What's their good anyway? This whole language affair is useless.

#52 Nané

Nané

Նանե

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,636 posts

Posted 11 January 2005 - 08:59 PM

QUOTE (Armen @ Jan 11 2005, 06:54 PM)
You are so wrong. What is Armenian language anyway. Isen't it a sythesis of some words from different tribes.

Actually, the world would be better off wholesale if we would have only English. And we would not pay money to millions all those language teachers. Moreover, I think linguists are paid for nothing. They don't produce food or cloths, cars or sex. Who needs these people? What's their good anyway? This whole language affair is useless.

OK. Hamozetsir wink.gif

#53 gellamelan

gellamelan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 January 2005 - 11:07 PM

QUOTE (Armen @ Jan 11 2005, 08:54 PM)

Dkidoutian marmnatsoum!
after reading that post, how do you want me to take for granted what you say from now on. or what you've said so far... really!

#54 Armen

Armen

Veterinarian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,456 posts

Posted 12 January 2005 - 11:18 PM

QUOTE (gellamelan @ Jan 12 2005, 11:07 PM)
Dkidoutian marmnatsoum!
after reading that post, how do you want me to take for granted what you say from now on. or what you've said so far... really!

Take it is easy. I don't think that way. I was just making an illustrative point to Her Linguistic Majesty smile.gif

#55 iminhokis

iminhokis

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 09 August 2005 - 08:33 AM

QUOTE (Arpa @ Sep 28 2003, 09:33 PM)
When did the Beirutsis become such linguists. By now their Armenian is probably 25% Turkish, 25% Arabic, 25% French and English and maybe 25% Armenian.

I agree with most of what you said. But this is a typical - armenian- exaggeration msn-wink.gif .

Edited by iminhokis, 09 August 2005 - 08:35 AM.

#56 Vanetsi

Vanetsi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 09 August 2005 - 09:41 AM

(Armen @ Jan 11 2005, 08:54 PM)

Let me be the first to say that that statement was as ridiculous as a Jew in a church. The world would be better if everyone spoke English? Brilliant. Who needs unique cultures whose identities have taken millenia to form? Why don't we just get rid of all the borders and make the world one big country!? Wouldn't the world be better off wholesale?

Edited by Vanetsi, 09 August 2005 - 09:42 AM.

#57 karakash

karakash

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 01 November 2005 - 03:33 PM

QUOTE (Teutonic Knight @ Sep 29 2003, 12:14 AM)
This reminds me how we would mock our teachers making up such sentences as if they were saying: "Tso ankhelq apush kezi k@sem GOR vor Hayeren lezvi mej GOR goyutyun chuni. Ays hazarerord angam e vor kezi k@sem GOR, Hayeren lezvin mej GOR chka, k'uzes GOR vor norem @sem"?
That sentence was DISTURBING blink.gif
lol @ tso

That sounds like some of the Diasporan kids trying to speak Armenian to impress the Yerevantsis.

What's wrong with Diasporan kids trying to speak Armenian to impress the Yerevantsis. At least they are trying. Most Armenians I know barely are able to speak it, so when they go to Armenia and struggle, I think that's a good thing.

#58 karakash

karakash

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 01 November 2005 - 03:40 PM

QUOTE (Proud EXPAT @ Dec 14 2004, 06:24 PM)
No offence to Lebanese Armenians but when I hear Lebanese Armenians (straight from Lebanon now living in Armenia) talking I want to just slap them. Aga this, aga that. It's ANNOYING. Like as it their spoiled attitudes aren't enough of a nuisance.

Sorry guys if I've offended.

I've got many Lebanese Armenians friends that don't talk that way, but the other extreme which I mentioned is BIG in numbers here in Armenia.

The beirutsis I know around where I live are spoiled and snobby. They think they are better than all over Armenians. They make fun of halebtsis and baghdadtsis.

#59 Gor-Gor

Gor-Gor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 02 November 2005 - 09:02 PM

Halebtsis forever! wink.gif

It's so lame, because 60 years ago, all Beirutsis were Halebtsis.

#60 Takoush

Takoush

Veteran

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,025 posts

Posted 02 November 2005 - 10:24 PM

QUOTE (Gor-Gor @ Nov 2 2005, 10:02 PM)
Halebtsis forever! wink.gif

It's so lame, because 60 years ago, all Beirutsis were Halebtsis.

Gor:

Although your girl is pretty, but she's moving so much she makes me dizzy. dizzy.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users