Twilight Bark

Resigned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,060 posts

Posted 10 April 2002 - 03:25 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Boghos:
I share your views but, as you know, regretfully most Armenians in Armenia proper and many elsewhere are still concerned with making a living at the most basic level.[/qb]

Count me in that category.
But the financial requirements are probably not so huge (i.e. more than a few million dollars) that the state budget cannot accomodate it. Heck, it may even be obtained as some sort of a "grant". All I know is, there is enough money sloshing around in foreign bank accounts and Mercedes Benzes to make the excuse of "no money" invalid. Forget that; even the current pathetic state budget probably can squeeze out enough money for internet broadcasting. Despite what our traditional hyper-realists may think, this is not a "luxury item" at all. It is part of the basic survival as Armenians, when the dust settles.

quote:
After reading a few of the most recent posts by some illustrious members, I came to the conclusion that there is one cause for all our maladies. Hint: it is not US.
Thanks for being one of the voices of reason.

#42 Boghos

Boghos

-= Mr Nobility =-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts
  • Interests:literature, cinema, chess, history

Posted 10 April 2002 - 03:55 PM

I don't think money is the problem at all. It is priorities and organization. They are in the wrong order and in short suplly, respectively.

By the way have you tried www.radiohay.com ?

[ April 10, 2002, 04:56 PM: Message edited by: Boghos ]

#43 Twilight Bark

Twilight Bark

Resigned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,060 posts

Posted 10 April 2002 - 04:08 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Boghos:
I don't think money is the problem at all. It is priorities and organization. They are in the wrong order and in short suplly, respectively.

By the way have you tried www.radiohay.com ?

It should be near the top of priorities. The diaspora needs an organic connection to the homeland. In contemporary culture, broadcast media are the threads weaving the culture and identity together.

As for radiohay.com, yes, I did listen to it for quite some time. It has been silent lately. It had a random mix of music genres. I wish they had more conversation (which was almost completely absent) though. Anyway, it seems to have evaporated.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users