#21 Armen

Armen

Veterinarian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,456 posts

Posted 21 December 2005 - 02:27 AM

QUOTE (Arpa @ Dec 19 2005, 06:37 AM)
Speaking of stupid. I still cannot understand why it was so urgent that the so called Soviet orthography was devised in such a hurry, as if we had nothing better to do. I may have an idea, and I have heard this as well that it was a compromise to get closer to Russian oergography as there was at the time a movement advocating to drop the Mesropian and adopt the Cyrillic

You think now it is very urgent to switch back?

Whatever were the real reasons behind the change it made Armenian sound not only close to Russian but also to Romance and Germanic languanges. It sounded Middle Eastern before.

#22 Arpa

Arpa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,011 posts
  • Interests:Culture

Posted 21 December 2005 - 09:53 AM

QUOTE (Armen @ Dec 21 2005, 08:27 AM)
You think now it is very urgent to switch back?

Whatever were the real reasons behind the change it made Armenian sound not only close to Russian but also to Romance and Germanic languanges. It sounded Middle Eastern before.

I will post all the oopses here so we can continue.
oops.gif oops.gif oops.gif

Փարէվ Առմէն Պարէւ Առմեն Բարէվ Արմէն
Յաչիս յաճիս հաջիս հաչիս յաջիս փածադրե պացատրէ բածատրե

Is everyone as confused as I?

If by Middle Eastern you mean Persian, Arabic, Turkish (note, neither of the latter two belong to the Armenian linguistic family) you may have a point or two, but if you mean Romance , then how did Russian, another eastern language bring tus closer to Latin and Greek?
In conclusion; Bleez eksbant ant exbleyn.

Edited by Arpa, 21 December 2005 - 10:04 AM.

#23 Sergei_Nagavitsin

Sergei_Nagavitsin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 25 July 2006 - 11:39 PM

Apri Xachatur Abovyan@ tghen ira dzeve derets u kyankits heratsav.

#24 Harut

Harut

Վերնագիր

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,734 posts
  • Interests:uninterested...

Posted 26 July 2006 - 01:29 PM

QUOTE(Sergei_Nagavitsin @ Jul 25 2006, 10:39 PM) View Post
Apri Xachatur Abovyan@ tghen ira dzeve derets u kyankits heratsav.

chherratsav... mughamov tsvrvav...

#25 Դրօ

Դրօ

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 29 July 2006 - 08:39 PM

QUOTE(Arpa @ Dec 19 2005, 09:39 PM) View Post
The hee at the end of a word is again a corruption, that is if it were to remain silent then why use it at all. We have words that end in A but don’t take a hee at the end like na, nora/nra, ima etc The argument is that those words that end in hee were meant to pronounce it , mostly words taken from other cultures as in “abeghaY” . Many other examples.

I've signed up so I can respond to this. The silent Յյ at the end of a word is not a corruption. It was meant to be there for a more visual purpose. I believe it's also supposed to be an indicator of an adjective and a non-imperative verb.

Note that there are three letters which mustn't be the last letter of a word:

Աա
Ոո
Եե

The ա can only be the last letter of a noun, a conjunction, like ահա, հապա, and an imperative verb, such as լուա՛, կարդա՛. But with adjectives, non-imperative verbs, predicates, and maybe another kind of words (I was never formally educated), they must end with յ. Like վրայ, կը հասկանայ, հասկացայ, եկայ, կը կարդայ, and more.

The ո is almost never the last letter of a word. It normally isn't, unless it's a three-letter-or-less word, like քո, այո, յո՞. But the 3- letter words are a whole seperate category; they differ from the rules of all other words (at least, this is how I find it). Besides them, a word should never end in ո. So a յ is added. Some examples are Աստուծոյ, սիրոյ, եկեղեցւոյ, յետոյ. Remember that these rules were made before the letters Օօ and Ֆֆ were added. Now, we have names which end in օ, like Սարօ, Մարօ, Սագօ, Արշօ my name Դրօ, and several others. But even names should never end with ո. There used to be imperative verbs which ended in ո, but that's only in Գրաբառ (Classical Armenian), such as կեցո՛ եւ վողորմեա՛. So you don't really need to keep that in mind.

As for ե, this is the easiest to explain (and has nothing to do with յ). No word should ever end with ե. At least, none that I know of. Not even 3- letter words. After all, եթէ ends with է. Any word with an é ending sound must end with է. I don't know of any exceptions. This even includes names, like Նունէ, Կարինէ, Արմինէ, Նարինէ, Լուսինէ, and others.

Feel free to correct me here. I was never formally educated. Those 3- letter words can be in a whole topic of their own. In fact, the յ is actually pronounced in those words, like Հայ, or Հոյ (sp?) Նազան. Is there a name for these 3- letter words?

#26 Harut

Harut

Վերնագիր

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,734 posts
  • Interests:uninterested...

Posted 30 July 2006 - 05:27 PM

Դրօ,

welcome and thank you for your explanation... i'm sure you had WA in mind when writing this... i don't want to be correcting you, just to let you know that these rules don't apply to current EA...

words do end with ա, ո, and ե, and silant յ is never added to the end of any word...

in fact, է and օ are ever present in or at the end of any word, unless it's a բարդ or ածանցավոր word: կրկնօրինակ, անօդ, լայնէկրան...

#27 Դրօ

Դրօ

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 30 July 2006 - 09:18 PM

QUOTE(Harut @ Jul 30 2006, 07:27 PM) View Post
Դրօ,

welcome and thank you for your explanation... i'm sure you had WA in mind when writing this... i don't want to be correcting you, just to let you know that these rules don't apply to current EA...

words do end with ա, ո, and ե, and silant յ is never added to the end of any word...

in fact, է and օ are ever present in or at the end of any word, unless it's a բարդ or ածանցավոր word: կրկնօրինակ, անօդ, լայնէկրան...

Actually, I had the Armenian language generally in mind. Eastern and Western were both the same orthography and had the same rules. It's a good thing you used the word "current". In fact, in one of my examples, the word սիրոյ is only in EA. Western speakers never say սիրոյ; it's not even in their dictionaries. I don't know why, it's just a dialect difference.

I'm well aware of those Soviet "rules" that you typed (though, I didn't know about կրկնօրինակ, անօդ, լայնէկրան...). This brings us back to what the topic is, "Soviet Orthography". "Grrrrr" is right. I, too, despise it. It has no rules, no patterns, no systems, nothing. It's all based on the ear. The word սիրոյ loses its յ and becomes սիրո (looks uglier, too).

Thank you for the welcome, by the way.

#28 Nazarian

Nazarian

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 30 August 2006 - 10:01 PM

Looks like no Eastern Armenians have posted here yet. To answer the queastions in the original post:

1. I don't know of a website with the current rules.
2. The Eastern Armenian literary language is what it is. I do not think any of the users hate it because it's their language. I do not think any old people use the dasakan spelling because it's been dead at least since Khachatour Abovian.
3. There must have been a reason for Abovian to initiate the reform. I'm not an expert on dasakan Armenian but to me it seems really bizarre. I find the literary Eastern Armenian much easier to understand.

#29 Arpa

Arpa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,011 posts

Posted 15 December 2006 - 09:10 PM

Hurray!

Rah! Rah!, Ole! Long live! Vive! Viva! Yahya!

APRIS!

Eureka! Everka!

I have found it!

Gtats em!

ԳՏԱԾ ԵՄ!!!

Why should we be satisfied with only a mere 39 letters?
Are we not forgetting that “biblical number forty-40”.
How can we forget that it rained forty days and forty nights (Noah), that the Israelis meandered in the deserts of Sinai for forty years. Not to forget that Ali Baba had forty thieves at his disposal.
Not to fret and worry, lest we incinerate those forty gray cells in our miniscule brains.
I have found the answer.
Our Alphabet /Ayb-Ou Ben, with the addition of “YEV” is not only composed of a miserly 39 letters, it is in fact composed of 40/forty/Qarsun letters. Count them.
Don’t we recite our Alphabet as -Ayb OU Ben?
Then why is YEV between QE and O is considered as a LETTER and the OU between AYB and BEN is not..
Why don’t we add OU to our Ayb-Ben-Gim and make our Ayb-Ben-Gim biblicaly/shitlically correct to conform to that biblical/shitlical correct number of farty/forty//qarsun !!!
After all.
Don’t we recite our alphabet as Ayb-…OU-…Ben…..yev …O Fe?
What a manyuk (Johannes knows what that means) that SOB russo-communsit Abeghian had in mind.
Not to forget FORTY DAYS OF MUSA DAGH. It is not “MUSA DAGH/***”, wherever that Mountain of Moses may be., it is MUSANENERI LER.**
Many of us, including our most learned intellectuals have resigned to the fact that AGRI DAGH means “Mountain of Pain”, without considering that “aghri/pain/ pain in my vorik” is a turkification of Aghori/Agori/Akori”. Who will tell those mq Turks that Aghri is none than AGHORI!!!

** Jebel Musa is at the southernmost of that desert at the tip of the Sinai Peninsula, whatever the hell it may mean. Whoever that marqunats Moses/Moshe may have been..

Edited by Arpa, 16 December 2006 - 07:45 AM.

#30 Johannes

Johannes

Յովհաննէս

• Nobility
  • 2,911 posts

Posted 16 December 2006 - 12:06 PM

''Maniuc'' is the same as ''maniac'' in Arabic.
The root of the word is ''neik'' (nikah).
If we turn the letters ''k'' and ''n'', we will have ''kien'', which is the same in Armenian ''Qoun'' (love in bed).
Therefore, maniuc means` ''loved''.
Did he (Mr. Manuk Abelian) forced to change the orthography & alphabet ?
Կարծեմ «եւ»-ն այլեւս առանձին տառ չէ հայաստանի մէջ, այլ Ե + Ւ :

#31 Eurocentric

Eurocentric

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 16 December 2006 - 06:51 PM

The current orthography is here to stay.

#32 Arpa

Arpa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,011 posts

Posted 17 December 2006 - 02:07 PM

QUOTE(Eurocentric @ Dec 17 2006, 12:51 AM) View Post

I don’t think so.
That is not the right attitude.
What we need is not another senseless war (of words).
Above, Nazarian wrote this;
Looks like no Eastern Armenians have posted here yet. To answer the queastions in the original post:
Look at item 3.
1. I don't know of a website with the current rules.
2. The Eastern Armenian literary language is what it is. I do not think any of the users hate it because it's their language. I do not think any old people use the dasakan spelling because it's been dead at least since Khachatour Abovian.
3. There must have been a reason for Abovian to initiate the reform. I'm not an expert on dasakan Armenian but to me it seems really bizarre. I find the literary Eastern Armenian much easier to understand.

This may be the root of all the argument.
If I understand the above correctly it is referring to idiom and composition, whereas this debate is about orthography/ՈՒՂՂԱԳՐԱՆՔ. Yes, Abovian and his likes, both in the east and the west did popularize the աշխարհաբառ as opposed to գրաբառ, the language of the people v the language of the elite.
As a whole the Armenian language is composed of two main families. The western ԿԸ/K@ family and the eastern ՈՒՄ/OUM. It is no secret that westerners have felt inadequate, specially when it comes to verbal declensions, most obviously the present continuous tense, whereas the easterners will say ASUM EM, the westerners had to go through acrobatic contortions to impart the message, like using KOR after the verb, K@SEM KOR. Redundant? In another post I explained where the “kor” comes from. If one listens to Sebastatsis speak, K@SEM K@, it becomes evident that that the latter K@ has turned into “kor” , perhaps to conform and rhyme with Turkish idiom.
As above. One will notice that western Armenians are more and more approaching the “OUM” family and getting away fro the K@ KOR, it is even evident on this forum. While at the same time many easterners are discovering the western vernacular and loving it. If these two idiomatic families were to merge we would be so much linguistically richer.
Yes! We know. The westerners must retrain their phonetics and learn to sound the GIM and GIM and the DA as DA, stop teaching their children the AYPPP, PPPEN, KKKIM, TTTA. It is coming. Many do realize that the westerners have and are corrupting our phonology.

Yet.

The war goes on.

Ours is the correct one!

NO!

Ours is!

And you must acknowledge defeat and submit to us!

Shall we take up arms to resolve the issue?

Like I said above. The westerners would be so much happier to adopt some of the grammatical idioms of the eastern, expecting in return to see some semblance of compromise and good will. I have yet to see that conciliatory compromise when it comes to orthography.
Yes, yes! We know it will take millions of drams to reprogram and reprint, and may be a little humility to admit that this so called “Soviet orthography” has all but crucified Mashtots who, as we know, was not an idiot like the likes of Abeghian. He was an accomplished scientist who spent a whole lifetime devising our Ayb Ben Gim to fit our phonology. He was not trying to be funny when he devised the letters HYUN and E. There is a “reason to his madness”. Where are those letters in this so called “modern orthography”? And as long as we are talking about “useless letters”, how about we eliminate Բ Գ Դ Ե Է Կ Լ Ղ Հ Ձ Ց Չ Պ Ջ Ռ Ր Ւ Փ Ֆ. Did I leave any out?
Even go the way of English and put S/Ս and H/Հ together to make SH/Շ, Գ and H to make Չ/CH , K and H to make Խ/KH, G and H/ Ղ.
What is stopping us? There was a time when in our mass Soviet Russophilia we tried to comply. Yet, today English seems to be the Lingua Franca, when 5 billion 900 million 999, 999 of the 6 billion inhabitants of the globe can read and speak English. Who is that ONE IDIOT that does not! Tony Blair or GWB?
Never mind that Sovieto-Putiny-Russky orthography. Let us redesign it to fit the English.
That will reduce our alphabet to the size of that elusive, non-existent Daielian alphabet. It will be so much less burdensome for our students.
And in so doing. Sako P will love this, let us also forget our Apostolic roots and subscribe to the Russian Orthodoxy.
No, no!
Let us conform to Anglicanism.
Why not!
If we can insult St. Mesrop and revise his sacred masterpiece we can also insult Loussavorich.

Edited by Arpa, 17 December 2006 - 06:13 PM.

#33 hosank

hosank

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 397 posts

Posted 21 December 2006 - 11:08 PM

i read that you wanted to know why the haysadantsi alphabet was changed from the original mashtotsi.

in case you are still interested here is why:
its called evil communist interest.
let me explain.
the soviet union's goal at the time of lenin and trotski was "perpetual revolution" till the world was a big communist nation.
when stalin came to power, the strategy changed to "internal revolution". one of the goals of this new system of thought was to morph the multi ethnic USSR into one large and distinct idendity/ethnicity/race?. point being: in the ideal form of this, you would no longer be an armenian, or a russian, or a kazakh and so on, you would be a soviet.

the main language of this new soviet race would be a form of russian, the alphabet would be Cyrillic. while russian language and cyrillic strypt were introduced in the republics, an attempt was made to morph all these ethnic languages into this one new tongue i spoke of earlier. for armenia's example, (which had an already established alphabet and language) the orthography was slowly reformed in order to match the russian grammar and so on. russian words were introduced into the armenian language (ever been to armenia? ever spoken to an armenian?..even if you can speak perfect eastern armenian, you then have to be able to speak russian to understand what some of these people are saying, even when they speak armenian)

in places where there were no already established alphabets, or alphabets borrowed from other cultures (like kazakhstan, or turkmenistan and so on which either had an arabic alphabet or none at all)..the official alphabet became cyrillic, and these nations still use it today, some even have 2 alphabets in an attempt to use latin as the new alphabet.

this was all part of an attempt to make the soviet union a nation state, part of stalin's communist nationalism.

btw, when i say yerevan in armenian, i do not really pronounce the Y too much, if not at all. but we must also realise that the letter Ե is pronounced Yetch as opposed to Է which has a É sound, so that both of these Es have different intonations.

and about the letter և it's not that bad, because its simply Ե and Ւ put together, who cares? i use it some times, though i don't consider it a letter.
i remember when i met a girl in hayasdan, she had a little school book, and the armenian alphabet was printed on the back of the cover. she recited it to me and she would say 'a' 'b' 'ke' 'de' and she would pronounce the և this let to a huge discussion, because i had never seen that letter before, plus, i would say 'ayp' 'pen' 'kim' and so on. it was quite the experience

#34 Dave

Dave

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts

Posted 23 December 2006 - 10:51 AM

Well in the Armenian alphabet, they usually say in the end "yev O, F" in order to put a separation between these 2 letters which were added later on, and the rest.

#35 Դրօ

Դրօ

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 24 December 2006 - 11:33 PM

Has anyone seen this article? This shows Eastern Armenian in the Mashtots (correct) orthography. Isn't it beautiful? I became a very happy man after reading it. smile.gif

http://culture.azg.a...&num=2006101401

#36 Դրօ

Դրօ

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 24 December 2006 - 11:37 PM

Հայկազեան ուղղագրութեան վերականգնումը մեր սերնդի հրամայականն է

ՄԵՍՐՈՊ ՔԱՀԱՆԱՅ ԱՐԱՄԵԱՆ

Այսօր տոնն է սրբոց Թարգմանչաց, եւ մենք որոշեցինք այդ առթիվ տպագրել այս հոդվածը, որն առանց միջամուխ լինելու ուղղագրության հարցի շուրջը ծավալված անիմաստ ու երբեմն տգեղ վեճին, փառաբանանք է Մեսրոպ Մաշտոցին ու նրա աշակերտներին, միաժամանակ կոչ է վերադառնալու հարազատ ակունքներին: Այս հավելվածում ընթերցողը որպես ներդիր կգտնի նաեւ ցուցակն այն օրենքների ու բառախմբերի, որոնց յուրացումը կքանդի պատնեշները մեր ու մեր անցյալի լեզվամտածողության, գրաբարի ու ժամանակակից աշխարհաբարի, հին ու նոր ուղղագրությունների միջեւ: Թարգմանչաց տոնը հայության մեկության գաղափարն է խորհրդանշում, նաեւ:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Յաճախ է պատահում, որ մարդկային վէճերի եւ հակառակութիւնների արտաքին թեման կապ չունի հակասութեան ներքին բովանդակութեան հետ, եւ հազուադէպ է պատահում, որ խնդրի էութեանն անհաղորդ տրամախօսները անկեղծանան եւ խոնարհուեն ճշմարտութեան առջեւ: Սակայն բարոյապէս մաքուր հասարակութիւնը միշտ պէտք է ունենայ յստակ սահմաններ, որոնցից անդին մարդիկ պէտք է սթափուեն եւ զերծ մնան «արհեստավարժ» վէճեր ծաւալելու կամ սեփական կարծիքները բացարձակացնելու գայթակղութիւնից: Մենք պէտք է գիտակցենք, որ խորհրդային անցեալի նկատմամբ կարօտախտը կամ նոյն այդ անցեալի ժառանգութիւնից ազատուելու նախանձախնդրութիւնը կարող են բախուել սրբազան ասպարէզներում, ուր ոտք դնելիս պէտք են մեծագոյն զգուշութիւն եւ ակնածանք: Այսպիսի մի խնդրի են այսօր վերածուել հայերէնի ուղղագրութեան քննարկումները: Եւ թէպէտ մենք չունենք այս խնդրի հասարակական պահակներ, պարզւում է, որ բազմաթիւ մարդիկ «մասնագիտական» համոզուածութեամբ ստանձնել են այս պաշտօնը եւ փորձում են պաշտպանել մեզ հայկազեան ուղղագրութեան զանազան «անյարմարութիւններից»: Նրանց ընդդիմախօսներն էլ չեն կարողանում պատշաճ կերպով ցոյց տալ, որ խնդիրը շատ աւելի լուրջ է եւ վեր է յարմարաւէտութիւնների եւ պայմանաւորուածութիւնների հարթութիւնից:

Ուղղագրութեան խնդիրը նախեւառաջ հոգեւոր արժէհամակարգային հարց է եւ ըստ էութեան կապուած է ազգի աշխարհընկալման, լեզուամտածողութեան, պատկերաձայնային վերարտադրութեան կարեւորագոյն կարողութիւնների հետ: Այս ամէնը, գալով մեր ծագումնաբանական ակունքներից, բիւրեղացել է դարերի ընթացքում եւ դարձել խօսք ու գիր, որոնք մեր ժառանգութիւնն ու հարստութիւնն են, մեզ իրար հետ կապող եւ ժողովուրդ դարձնող զօրութիւնը, մեր ինքնութեան թանձրացումը: Սա այն տեղն է, ուր ոչ թէ պէտք է մէկս միւսին զարմացնենք կամ մեր աղաղակներով հասարակութեան ունկը պատռենք, այլ պէտք է լռութեամբ խոնարհուենք: Այստեղ լեզուաբանը ոչ մի առաւելութիւն չունի երաժշտի կամ քաղաքագէտի նկատմամբ, որովհետեւ ուղղագրութիւնը կամ գրագիտութիւնը մասնագիտութիւններ չեն, այլ ազգային ինքնագիտակցութեան դրսեւորումներ, ուր աղաւաղումները ծայրաստիճան վտանգաւոր են:

Եթէ մէկն ասի մեզ այսօր, որ ինչ-ինչ յարմարութեան կամ օգտակարութեան սկզբունքներից ելնելով պէտք է փոխել հայերէնի այբուբենը, ապա ոչ միայն կը մերժենք այդպիսի մօտեցումը, այլեւ կը պախարակենք ու կը դատապարտենք այդ առաջարկութեան հեղինակին: Ինչո՞ւ: Որովհետեւ տառերը սրբազան նշանակներ են, եւ դրանց գրելաձեւը պատահական չէ, այլ սերտօրէն կապուած է մեր ներքին հոգեկերտուածքի եւ աշխարհընկալման առանձնայատկութիւնների հետ: Տառերի աղաւաղումը կը յանգեցնի ազգային ինքնագիտակցութեան եւ հոգեբանութեան աղաւաղման: Եթէ այսքան կարեւոր է տառերի գրելաձեւը, ապա ինչո՞ւ նոյնքան կարեւոր չէ բառերի՛ գրելաձեւը: Կարեւո՛ր է, եւ` ո՛չ պակաս կարեւոր: Այդ տառերը մեզ տրուած են իրար հետ համադրելու եւ բառեր գրելու համար, եւ այդ գրելաձեւի մէջ կայ լեզուամտածելակերպային եւ հնչիւնապատկերային ներդաշնակութիւն: Բառի մէջ է իմաստաւորւում տառը, եւ բառն է լեզուի նուազագոյն գաղափարական արտայայտիչը: Հետեւաբար, ինչպէս տառերը, այնպէս էլ բառերը սրբազան նշանակներ են եւ հոգեւոր-ազգային ինքնագիտակցութեան հիմնարար բաղադրիչներ: Եթէ այսօր մենք ունենք մեր ինքնութեան, հոգեւոր արժէքների, պատմական յիշողութեան, լեզուամտածողութեան վնասուածքներ եւ աղճատումներ, ապա դրանք միանշանակ կերպով աղերսուած են բառերի գրելաձեւի աղաւաղման հետ: Բառերը իրենց մէջ ունեն հոգեղէն լիցքեր, եւ գրաւոր խօսքն է պատմական ժառանգութեան եւ յիշողութեան փոխանցման հիմնական գործիքը: Եթէ մենք բառերը գրում ենք այնպէս, ինչպէս գրել են ս. Մեսրոպ Մաշտոցը, ս. Սահակ Պարթեւը, ս. Մովսէս Խորենացին, ս. Յովհաննէս Օձնեցին, ս. Ներսէս Շնորհալին, ս. Գրիգոր Տաթեւացին եւ վերջապէս նոյն Խաչատուր Աբովեանը, Յովհաննէս Թումանեանը, Վահան Տէրեանը, ապա մենք կենդանի-գոյաբանական կապ ունենք այդ անձերի եւ նրանց շնորհիւ մեզ փոխանցուած ժառանգութեան հետ:

Բառը մտքի հագուստն է, եւ ինչպէս գրում ենք, այնպէս էլ մտածում ենք: Երբ մտքի արդիւնքն արտայայտւում է խորթ նշանակներով կամ գրելաձեւով, խախտւում է միտք-բառ փոխյարաբերութեան ներդաշնակութիւնը, որը տանում է մտածելակերպային կաշկանդումների: Այսօր մենք շատ ենք բողոքում մեր լեզուի զգացողութեան ցածր վիճակից եւ հայերէնի գործածութեան անմխիթար մակարդակից: Ասում ենք, թէ ինչպէ՞ս է, որ անցեալ դարասկզբին այդպիսի հզօր գրողների փաղանգ ենք ունեցել, իսկ այսօր կանգնած ենք այս կոտրած տաշտակի առջեւ: Գլխաւոր պատճառներից մէկն այն է, որ անցեալ դարասկզբին հայերէն են սովորել Մաշտոցով, Եղիշէով, Մանդակունիով, այսինքն` հայոց լեզուի հիմնադիրներով, գրաբարը եղել է հայերէնի ուսուցման հիմքը եւ անցեալի հետ հաղորդակցութեան ուղղագրական պատնէշներ չեն եղել: Իսկ այսօր մեր հանրակրթական համակարգում ո՛չ գրաբարը կայ, ո՛չ էլ մեր ոսկեղէն լեզուի ուղղագրութիւնը: Եւ ունենք այն, ինչ ունենք: Միգուցէ շատերին զարմանալի թուայ, որ եւրոպական մի շարք երկրների, օրինակ` Ավստրիայի, հանրակրթական համակարգում պահպանուած է լատիներէնի եւ յունարէնի ուսուցումը: Ժամանակակից գերմաներէնը շատ աւելի հեռու է լատիներէնից եւ յունարէնից, քան հայերէնը` գրաբարից: Բայց մարդիկ հասկանում են, որ այդ երկու դասական լեզուները եւրոպական քաղաքակրթութեան եւ սեփական լեզուի հիմքն են: Իսկ մենք շարունակ վախենում ենք, որ յանկարծ մի երկու կանոն եւ մի երկու բառ աւել չսովորենք: Խօսքն իսկապէս մի քանի կանոնի եւ մի քանի բառի մասին է, եւ այդ ամէնը կարելի է զետեղել մէկ թերթի վրայ: Պատկերացրէք, թէ ինչպիսի ծաւալի մասին է խօսքը: Ուրիշ լեզուներ սովորելու համար հազարաւոր բառերի գրելաձեւ ենք անգիր անում (օրինակ` անգլերէնի պարագայում) եւ չենք բողոքում: Ընդամէնը մէկ թերթի մասին է խօսքը, եւ այսքան աղմուկ ենք հանել:

Մի փոքր խորհրդածենք Մեսրոպ Մաշտոցի գործի էութեան մասին: Մեսրոպ Մաշտոցը հնչիւնային այբուբեն չի ստեղծել: Հնչիւնային նշանագրեր ստեղծելն այնքան էլ մեծ առաքելութիւն չէ: Այդպիսի այբուբեններ յօրինուել են ամենատարբեր լեզուների համար, սակայն կիրառական չեն դարձել: Հնչիւնանշաններով բառեր չեն գրւում, որովհետեւ գրաւոր լեզուն ունի իր օրինաչափութիւնները: Տառերը ոչ միայն իրար հետ ճիշտ պէտք է համադրուեն եւ արտացոլեն լեզուի հնչիւնային համակարգը, այլեւ ճիշտ վերարտադրեն երկբարբառներն ու եռաբարբառները: Այլ կերպ ասած` բառերն իրենք են պահանջում այս կամ այն տառի գոյութիւնը: Շատ խոր պէտք է ճանաչես լեզուն, նրա խօսքի շունչն ու էութիւնը, որպէսզի գտնես այդ լեզուն վերարտադրող տառերը: Այդ պատճառով է շարականագիրն ասում. «Որք զարդարեցին տնօրինաբար զիմաստս Անեղին, հաստատելով յերկրի զգիրս կենդանի...»: Այդ նշանագրերը իսկապէս եղել են կենդանի գրեր եւ կենդանի կերպով մարմնաւորել են հայոց խօսքը: Սուրբ Մեսրոպի, Սահակի եւ նրանց աշակերտների մեծագոյն գործը եղել է գրաւոր լեզուի ստեղծումը, լեզու, որի ողջ հզօրութիւնը արտայայտուեց ոչ միայն սեփականը ցոյց տալու կարողութեամբ, այլեւ համամարդկայինը իւրացներու աննախադէպ ճկունութեամբ: Եւ իրաւամբ մենք նրանց կոչում ենք սուրբ Թարգմանիչներ: Նրանք թարգմանեցին «զիմաստս Անեղին», այսինքն` երկնային ճշմարտութիւնների թարգման դարձան հողեղէններիս համար, նրանք թարգմանեցին համամարդկային բարձր արժէքները, եւ մենք շատ արագ կանգնեցինք մշակութապէս հզօր ազգերի կողքին, նրանք նոյնիսկ թարգմանեցին մերն իսկ մեզ համար, եւ մենք ստացանք մեր ինքնութեան ու ազգային ներուժի բացայայտման գլխաւոր զօրութիւնը` մեր գրաւոր խօսքը:

Սուրբ Թարգմանիչների այս հզօր գործի ժառանգորդները ինչպէ՞ս կարող են իրենց լեզուամտածողութեան մակարդակը իջեցնել հնչիւնագրական պարզունակութեան աստիճանի: Թէպէտ սա էլ մինչեւ վերջ չյաջողուեց որոշ բաղաձայնների յետագայ «վատ վարքագծի» պատճառով: Նորից կան բառեր, որ գրւում են մի կերպ, իսկ հնչում այլ կերպ: Ի՞նչ է, նորի՞ց խորանանք հնչիւնագրութեան մէջ, որ յանկարծ մեր երեխաները չդժուարանա՞ն: Այն ժամանակ սա համայնավարական գաղափարախօսութեան կողմից պարտադրուեց` մշակութային միօրինակութիւն հաստատելու եւ ազգերի հաղորդակցութիւնը դիւրացնելու կեղծ մտահոգութեամբ: Լաւ է` չհասցրին այբուբենը փոխել: Այսօր է՛լ աւելի մեծ վտանգներ կան: Մենք ապրում ենք համընդհանրացուող աշխարհում, ուր ամէն ինչ կապուած է համակարգչի եւ նրա վրայ որոշակի գործողութիւններ կատարելու արագութեան հետ: Հնչում են կարծիքներ, թէ իբրեւ մեր տառերը շատ են եւ անգլիատառ ստեղնաշարը անյարմար է հայերէն գործածողի համար: Սա լուրջ մարտահրաւէր է: Եթէ մենք շարժուենք նոյն յարմարուողական մտայնութեամբ եւ մեր երեխաների մէջ ներդնենք սեփականը չյարգելու եւ «աւելորդ» գիտելիքներից զերծ մնալու հոգեբանութիւնը, ապա համայնավարների չհասցրածը կարող է իրագործուել մեր իսկ ձեռքով:

Եթէ այսօր այսքան խօսւում է մեր ազգային նշանակների վերականգնման մասին, եթէ մենք իսկապէս հասկանում ենք, որ մեր ինքնութիւնը նախ եւ առաջ արտայայտւում է մեր հոգեւոր-ազգային նշանական համակարգով, ապա ժամ առաջ պէտք է վերականգնել հայկազեան լեզուի ուղղագրութեան կանոնները: Սա պակաս կարեւոր չէ, քան զինանշանի եւ օրհներգի խնդիրը: Եւ որպէս յաջորդ տրամաբանական քայլ պէտք է լրջօրէն մտածել դպրոցներում գրաբար դասաւանդելու մասին: Եւ վերջապէս, լեզուն պէտք է ճանաչել իր պատմութեան եւ ճիւղերի հարստութեան մէջ: Գրաբարը, միջին հայերէնը, արեւմտահայերէնը, արեւելահայերէնը տարբեր լեզուներ չեն, այլ մէկ միասնական լեզու իր զարգացման փուլերով եւ ճիւղերով: Այդ միասնական լեզուն ունի իր մէկ միասնական դասական հայկազեան ուղղագրութիւնը:

«Գանձասար» աստուածաբանական կենտրոնի կողմից այս անկախութեան տարիների ընթացքում հրատարակուել է աւելի քան կէս միլիոն տպաքանակով գիրք, բոլորը` դասական ուղղագրութեամբ: Երբեք որեւէ մէկը չի բողոքել ուղղագրութիւնից, ընդհակառակը` մարդիկ վկայում են, որ այդ ուղղագրութեան մէջ հոգեղէն շունչ կայ: Իսկ բազմաթիւ մարդիկ, որոնց սովորեցրել ենք դասական ուղղագրութեամբ գրել, խոստովանում են, որ իրենք այլեւս չեն կարող վերադառնալ սովետական ուղղագրութեանը, որովհետեւ զգում են, որ դասականն է մեր ճշմարիտ ուղղագրութիւնը, եւ դրա մէջ խորք կայ, հոգի կայ: Հաւատացէ՛ք, որ դասական ուղղագրութեան անցնելը մի երկարատեւ եւ ցաւատանջ գործընթաց չէ, այլ գրագէտ մարդու դէպքում ընդամէնը տեւում է մէկից երկու շաբաթ եւ մեծագոյն բաւականութիւն պատճառում սովորողին: Չէ՞ որ նրանք սկսում են գրել այնպէս, ինչպէս աւանդել է մեզ Մեծն Մեսրոպ Մաշտոցը:

Ես առաջարկում եմ, որ իրար հետ վիճելու փոխարէն մարդիկ մի փոքր ճիգ գործադրեն եւ փորձեն գրել դասական ուղղագրութեամբ, ե՛ւ դասական ուղղագրութեան նախանձայոյզ ջատագովները (որովհետեւ նրանց մեծ մասը այդ ուղղագրութեամբ գրել չգիտի), ե՛ւ դրա դէմ խռովայոյզ պայքարողները (որովհետեւ սա միայն կը հարստացնի նրանց): Իսկ ժողովրդի անգրագիտութեան մասին ոչ թէ պէտք է տեսականօրէն մտահոգութիւններ արտայայտել, այլ անգրագիտութեան յաղթահարումը սկսել մեր իսկ անձերից: Ես չեմ կարծում, թէ որեւէ մէկը, որ դասական ուղղագրութիւն չգիտի, գրաբար չգիտի եւ հետեւաբար հաղորդ չէ իր լեզուի ակունքներին, կարող է իրեն գրագէտ հայ մարդ համարել: Իսկ մեր ժողովրդի գրագիտութեան մակարդակը գնալով ընկնում է: Եւ պատճառներից մէկն այն է, որ մենք մեր երեխաներին զրկում ենք սեփական լեզուի ակունքներին հաղորդ լինելու եւ սեփական լեզուն իր պատմական զարգացման մէջ ճանաչելու հնարաւորութիւնից: Իս

#37 Arpa

Arpa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,011 posts

Posted 01 January 2007 - 04:15 PM

QUOTE(Eurocentric @ Dec 17 2006, 12:51 AM) View Post

Have it your way.
And while we're at it why don't we take the H out and substitute it with the Russian G where Hambar become Gambar, Haik becomes Gaik and Hay becomes Gay. Does that mean happy? smile.gif
ԲԱՐԻ ԱՄԱՆՈՐ ԲՈԼՈՐԻՆ
In another thread I promised to air two stories, one about the Mamikoneans and the other about orthography. I have already aired the first in its proper thread, and here is the other.
Some time ago I had posed this question;
“*Do they know that Ayb=Alpha, Ben=Beta and Gim=Gamma, and as a bonus, Da=Delta. I have a story about the latter letter that you will soon see.”
In addition to that. Do they know that some our immediate neighbors like the Arabs recite their Abjed as Alef-Bet-Jim(gim) and the Hebrews recite it it as Alef-Bet-Gimel-Dalet. Never mind our fascination with our Hellenophilic/ Russophilic/ Latinophilicism. Greek/Latin. You don’t believe me? Look at this site. Go to Saghmos/Psalm 119 and see the “Alef-Beth-Gimel-Daleth ,Ալէֆ Բէթ Կիմել Դալէթ;
http://www.elkalima....a/ot/psalms.pdf
If we only we knew the Armenian Language and its relation to our neighbors FAR and NEAR!
Now. Coming back to Ayb-Ben-Gim-Da, Alpha-Beta-Gamma-Delta.
Why is this a matter of WAR?
We are willing to pronounce Ben as in B, if only those in Yerevan would also reinstate the letters E/ Է and Ւ/U.
Here is the story.
My dear friend had just seen Charles Dicken’s A Christmas Story, with all it’s HUMBUG, Ebenezer Scrooge, and Tiny Tim. No news to me, but it seems it wa news to him.
He, not being fluent in the English language, had tried to find reference to Charles Dickens in the Armenian media. And he, frustrated, had all but given up. It did not take me long to realize his problerm. He, just as I am(?)raised in the Istanbulian/Armenian(?)heritage/orthography was searching under the letter Տ/T. It was news to him when I advised him to search under the letter D/Դ as in Dickens/Դիքենզ. It took me a while a lot of contortions to impress on him that the Latin letter D being the fourth in the Alphabet is equivalent to our DA/Դ, the fourth letter of the Ա/Ayb/A, Բ/Ben/B,Գ/Gim/C and Դ/Da/D.
You don’t search the Armenian Encyclopedia, unless yours is compiled and printed in Istanbul, for Abraham as Apraham/Ափրահամ but as Աբրահամ. You don’t search for Benjmin as Փենյամին but as Բեն(ի)յամին.You don’t search for Garegin as Krekin/Քարեքին but as Գարեգին. You don’t search for David as Tavit/Թավիթ but Դա(ւ)վիդ.
Sure enough Charles Dickens is listed as ԴԻՔԵՆՍ Չարլս . To some it may sound and look like TIKENZ CHARLZ/ՏԻՔԵԵՆԶ, ՉԱՐԼԶ
Can we end this war as to how the Yerevanites have all but forgotten the letter e/ է and substituted the Յinstead of Ի.
Will we ever get together, forget that linguistic and cultural war, between Kilikia and Ejmiatsin, to once again become one NATION, no matter if it is ECHMIADZIN/ ԷՉՄԻԱՑԻՆ or EJMIATSIN/ԷՋՄԻԱԾԻՆ.
It is sad to know how much many of us are missing simply because in their intransigence refuse to learn the basic facts, the ABC, the Ayb-Ben-Gim of our language.
Have it your way. In the words of Shahan Shahnour; Հրաժարիմ Հայութենէ, I give up of being and Armenian.

#38 hosank

hosank

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 397 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 01:41 AM

dro?...

where are you from? aisinken, where in montreal?

#39 vartahoor

vartahoor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 06:22 PM

QUOTE(Gor-Gor @ Dec 19 2005, 12:37 AM) View Post
A few questions:

1) Despite my near-hatred of Soviet orthography, I'm interested in learning all the rules, to try make sense of it all.

Does anyone know of a website that details the rules?

I also know there was a more radical version of spelling changes in the beginning, but that they were modified to the current version some decades ago.
2) As a secondary question, I always wondered how the spelling rules were put into place. I imagine that there must have been lots of opposition to it. And, I imagine it was quite an upheaval, quite an undertaking. How long did it take? Were people opposed to it?

And today, do Armenian linguists in Armenia hate the spelling system? Do they oppose it?

Do old people in Armenia still use the 'tasagan' orthography?
3) Finally: What was the point??? I learned the 'crazy' spelling rules of classical orthography. It's not that hard. I imagine if I lived in a country where everyone used Armenian (w/ classical orthography), it would have been even easier to learn. English is a language that has no spelling system. At least classical Armenian orthography had many rules and reasons behind its spelling rules. Why the change?

#40 vartahoor

vartahoor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 07:13 PM

Մանուկ Աբեղյանը մի հսկա էր և այդպէս էլ կմնայ մեր լեզվագիտության մեջ: Նրա ութ հատորյակը մի գանձ է, որ եթե բոլոր նրանք ովքեր այսօր կռվի են դուրս եկել նոր ուղղագրության հանդեպ, կարդան, շատ բան պիտի սովորեն:
Նոր ուղղագրությունը «ոչ Աբեղենական, կամ ըստ դաշնակների Ստալինյան և ուրիշ շատ տիտողողներով հայտնի» պիտի մնա առհավետ, ի հեճուկս նրանց ովքեր լեզվաբանական օրէնքներին ծանօթ չեն:
1918 թվականին երբ կերտվեց Հայաստանի 1-ին հանրապետությունը, չոռնէինք օրինական լեզու և մեր բնակչության 5%-ը միայն գրաճանաչ էր: 1922-ին երբ արդեն սովետական կարգերը հաստատվեցին առանձին հրովարտակով Հայաստանի օրինական լեզուն հռչակվեց «ՀԱՅԵՐԵՆԸ»: Ակադեմիկոս Մանուկ Աբեղյանը որ 1897-ից ի վեր աշխատում էր հայերենի ուղղագրության բարելավման համար, ներկայացրեց իր նոր ուղղագրությունը և դա դարձավ օրինականը մեր հայրենիքում: Աբեղյանի ուղղագրության չորրորդ տարբերան էր որ 1948-ին վերջնականորերն դարձավ մեր այսօրվա ուղղագրությունը:
Ես անձամբ սովորել եմ դասական ուղղագրությամբ, որը անտեղյակները կոչում են «Մաշտոցյան ուղղագրություն», առանց անդրադառնալու որ Մաշտոցը գտավ տառերը, որոնցով դասական ուղղագրություն կառուցեցինք: Հետագային տեսնելով որ նոր ուղղագրությունը ամուր հիմքերի վրա է դրված, սկսեցի այդ ուղղագրությամբ գրել: Վերջերս մոտավորապես վեց ամիս շարունակ մուտքագրել եմ Աբեղյանի քերականության գիրքը որը դասավանդվում էր Իրանում և որն այլևս չի ճարվում, նույնպես նրա «Գրաբարի դասագիրքը» որը նա դասավանդում էր Գևորգյան ճեմարանում: Այդ երկու գործը շուտով պիտի հրատարակության հանձնեմ ի հիշատակ իմ առաջին ուսուցչիս հիշատակին, հօրս Վարդան Հովսեփի Վարդանյանին:
Աբեղյանի աշխարհաբար քերականությունը դասական ուղղագրության հիմունքների վրա է գրված: Այդ գրքում դրված են ցուցակներ «Յ»-ով, «Օ»-ով, «Է»-ով գրվող բառերի համար որ աշակերտին ստիպում է անգիր անել: Ահա հենց այստեղ է որ նոր ուղղագրությունը օգնության է գալիս մեզ և վանում բոլոր այն բացառությունները որ լեցուն են դասականի մեջ:
Բժիշկ Հրաչ Վ. Վարդանյան

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users