Photo

Financial Investments That Work For You

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#21 Anonymouse

Anonymouse

Julius Caesar was a salad dressing dude!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,244 posts

Posted 31 January 2006 - 01:04 AM

QUOTE(Azat @ Jan 31 2006, 12:47 AM) View Post
Well I have owned all those 3 stocks(Oracle, Intel and MSFT) for over 8-9 years each and am still up significantly on them but yes you have seen one of my biggest flaws. I know when to buy good stocks, but I am really bad when it comes to selling stocks. I never can sell them at the appropriate time. sad.gif

BTW: I am in the same boat about retiering at 50. In fact earlied 45. I am not sure if I will reture at 45-50 because I will drive myself nuts if I do, but I want to have that option to myself when I get to that age.

Hey, there is nothing wrong with retiring early. What's up with this general attitude that somehow retiring early will mentally paralyze us? It means no more work, in the career sense. You can still exercise, spend time with your wife, go out to the 7-eleven, watch cars on busy corners, and even go on vacations if you're not busy shooting pool at the local pool hall making bets with a mid 40-year-old sketchy single white male who is there every night. And if you want, you can just sit home and enjoy TIVO. In fact, what better time is there to catch up on all the reading I've ever wanted? ENDLESS HOURS OF READING! You folks overlook all the benefits early retirement can bring.

P.S. Regarding those stocks, I'd say SELL SELL SELL. What's the matter you don't watch MAD MONEY with Jim Cramer on CNBC? smile.gif

#22 Anonymouse

Anonymouse

Julius Caesar was a salad dressing dude!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,244 posts

Posted 31 January 2006 - 01:04 AM

QUOTE(sSebB @ Jan 30 2006, 11:49 PM) View Post
I have some tips on how to buy a house with no-money down.

I'm sure there are suckers born every minute who would love that offer.

#23 aSoldier

aSoldier

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 31 January 2006 - 05:03 AM

QUOTE(Anonymouse @ Jan 31 2006, 06:04 PM) View Post
I'm sure there are suckers born every minute who would love that offer.

Closed mind, eh?

I don't blame you. The internet is full of fraud and cheating.

However I'm not a part of that smile.gif

#24 Azat

Azat

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,969 posts
  • Interests:wine, beer, food, art, jokes

Posted 31 January 2006 - 11:38 AM

QUOTE(Anonymouse @ Jan 30 2006, 11:04 PM) View Post
P.S. Regarding those stocks, I'd say SELL SELL SELL. What's the matter you don't watch MAD MONEY with Jim Cramer on CNBC? smile.gif

I do watch him on occasion. But lost complete respect for him when he recommended Qualcomm a BUY and projected it to go up to $600.

I use to watch him in the mornings on CNBS and he use to also highly recommend SEBL when it was 80 and EMC when it was around 80 and few others so I dont have as much respect for him as most do. But he is okay. Someone needs to stop giving that boy coffee...

#25 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,242 posts

Posted 31 January 2006 - 12:02 PM

Gold has been doing good smile.gif up to $570 per OZ
so is Rhodium it was $1300 each OZ a year a go now over $3000
in 2003 it was close to $390 wan we got some

Platinum is also up, we bid on it at $475 - but did lost my nerve and sold it at $925 sad.gif now it's over $1000 per OZ sad.gif

i'm looking at Palladium it has good affordable price it was not much close to $165 - now it $300 and might go up 3 or 4 times more - it was over $1000 5 or 6 years a go

#26 Azat

Azat

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,969 posts

Posted 31 January 2006 - 05:54 PM

QUOTE(Anonymouse @ Jan 30 2006, 05:40 PM) View Post
Now I am waiting for all the people who jumped on the Google bandwagon to witness another blowout there.

GOOG is down 73 in after hours. Yikes... Tommorrow Yahoo, Ebay and few other internet stocks will take a beating I think

BTW yet another recommendation by Mr Crammer to hit 600.

#27 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,242 posts

Posted 19 April 2006 - 02:10 PM

gold is up smile.gif
Low/High 620.80 - 643.00

#28 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,242 posts

Posted 10 May 2006 - 02:09 AM

QUOTE(MosJan @ Jan 31 2006, 11:02 AM) View Post
Gold has been doing good smile.gif up to $570 per OZ
so is Rhodium it was $1300 each OZ a year a go now over $3000
in 2003 it was close to $390 wan we got some

Platinum is also up, we bid on it at $475 - but did lost my nerve and sold it at $925 sad.gif now it's over $1000 per OZ sad.gif

i'm looking at Palladium it has good affordable price it was not much close to $165 - now it $300 and might go up 3 or 4 times more - it was over $1000 5 or 6 years a go

did any of you get any gold ??
it's over $700 per OZ
Silver is also UP $14.50 per OZ
Rhodium is over $4900 per OZ

#29 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,242 posts

Posted 19 May 2006 - 01:25 PM

Gold falls as dollar rises
Price of precious metal off the 26-year high scaled last week, but dealers see more upside.
May 19, 2006: 11:05 AM EDT

NEW YORK (Reuters) - U.S. precious metals futures fell further Friday morning as a stronger U.S. dollar sparked speculative liquidation in the volatile hard assets, dealers said.

In early trade gold for June delivery was down $27.40, or 4 percent, at $653.50 an ounce on the New York Mercantile Exchange's COMEX division, trading from $688.90 to $651 which marked its cheapest since late April.

NYMEX June palladium shed $39.50 or 10 percent to $333 an ounce, hitting a six-week low of $330.

In earlier London action, gold prices fell as they tracked trends in the dollar, but the buyers that took the market to recent 26-year highs should soon return, dealers said.

"We might get people encouraged to buy back at these levels and drive it higher again," said Robin Bhar, analyst at UBS Investment Bank.

"We do expect more volatility... but today seems to be a day of consolidation."

Spot gold rose as high as $688.50 an ounce in Asian trade before falling to $661.20 an ounce, down from $680.70 in late New York trade and off last week's 26-year high of $730.

Bullion dealers were braced for choppy trade.

"Take out a coin and toss. Whatever it says just follow it... I will stick to my trading range of $670 to $730 for the moment until proven otherwise," said a bullion dealer in Singapore.

The dollar vaulted higher against the euro and the yen as investors felt the U.S. currency's slide in the past month might have gone far enough and squared positions before the weekend.

But sentiment on the dollar remained weak after U.S. Treasury Secretary John Snow reiterated his dissatisfaction on the pace of China's efforts to lift the flexibility of the yuan.

Dollar losses often boost gold prices by making bullion cheaper for holders of other currencies.
Positive trend

James Moore, precious metals analyst at TheBullionDesk.com, said gold remained comfortably bullish in the long term given the Iran nuclear issue, high oil prices and generally bearish dollar sentiment.

All that looked set to push bullion towards $850 later in the year, he added.

The upbeat mood has attracted new investors and prompted some companies to launch new products.

Standard & Poor's, the world's leading index provider, and TSX Group announced plans this week to create a real-time global gold index. Based in Canada, the index will track key gold mining companies around the globe.

"We view the selloff of recent days as the start of a correction in a bull market that has further yet to run. Some of the weaker longs have been cleaned out, with only modest damage to the gold price," said Commonwealth Bank of Australia.

Platinum rose as much as 1.4 percent on fund buying, but the metal remained below this week's record high of $1,336 an ounce.

Spot platinum rose as high as $1,318 an ounce before falling to $1,310, compared with $1,304 in New York.

Johnson Matthey, the world's top platinum distributor, said Monday demand for the metal was set to outpace supply for the eighth year in a row in 2006.

Palladium rose to $364.50 an ounce from $358.50, while silver was at $12.63 an ounce from $12.61.

#30 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,242 posts

Posted 19 May 2006 - 01:25 PM

time to dump Rhodium it's $6,105 an OZ

#31 aSoldier

aSoldier

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 19 May 2006 - 09:06 PM

You might also want to try something more stable, like eGold.

#32 MosJan

MosJan

Էլի ԼաՎա

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,242 posts

Posted 20 May 2006 - 01:29 AM

for now good OLD CASH under the mattress will do the job wink.gif

#33 Azat

Azat

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,969 posts

Posted 21 May 2006 - 01:34 AM

QUOTE(MosJan @ May 20 2006, 12:29 AM) View Post
for now good OLD CASH under the mattress will do the job wink.gif

or a bottles of wine. if anything you can just drink your miseries away

#34 gamavor

gamavor

-= Nobility =-

• Nobility
  • 5,049 posts

Posted 24 May 2006 - 04:11 PM

LU Lucent Technologies Inc.

Every time I hear Lucent I have painfull convulsion in my stomach! Scratch that out, please! msn-cry.gif

#35 ED

ED

Քեռի

• Nobility
  • 5,960 posts
  • Interests:Music, traveling, Salvador Dali, Tolstoy, Sevak, Charents
    wine, sushi and lots lots more

Posted 24 May 2006 - 05:26 PM

Gem, you wouldent have the pain if you were to bought it when LU was .55c a share, aftewr a year it went up to 3$ tongue.gif

I lost money also on LU at the begining when it was up 36$ share, ohhhh 5 yeard ago or so, but made it all back and more when i bought it at 55c

with Gold being so high people intend to buy more silver, that might be a good investment, invest in ethonol relaited companies/sourcess like sugar and alcohol producing sectors

few weeks ago there was a sagment in 60 minutes, and Brazil has reached to the point where she is not depended on forign oil, 85% of the gas they use is ethonol and enviorment friendly

with so much banging going on I expect to see detroint geting its shit togheter.....no way you can wrong by investing on the big 3 now, start small and keep a track of it

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users