#1 Boghos

Boghos

-= Mr Nobility =-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts
  • Interests:literature, cinema, chess, history

Posted 26 May 2001 - 01:03 PM

Renowned linguist in Turkey was in charge of the Turkish Language Council for many years. He was personally appointed by Mustafa Kemal Ataturk.

#2 ThornyRose

ThornyRose

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 761 posts
  • Interests:a little bit of everything.

Posted 27 May 2001 - 11:41 AM

Shoot, I was just preparing something for this; translating this article in one encyclopaedia I have at home. Then, everything went bonkers and it’s lost. Wish I had saved it. (Why don’t I heed my own advice?)

Here we go again (though lazier than first attempt):

Büyük Ansiklopedi, “DİLAÇAR Agop”

DİLAÇAR Agop (1895-1979) linguist and author. Original surname Martayan. He graduated from “Robert Kolej” (*same as a host of our present politicians – Çiller and Ecevit among them – as well as our scientists – Celal Şengör, for one*). He fought in World War I. He met Mustafa Kemal in Damascus. After the war he taught at and administered Robert Kolej. After he married, he settled in Sophia and taught ancient Near Eastern languages and Ottoman Turkish at the Svaboden(?) University. In 1932, he was called by Atatürk to the first meeting of the Turkish Language Council. After this date, he settled in Istanbul. In 1934 he was appointed “başuzman” (expert-in-chief?) to the Turkish Language Council. He was given the last name “Dilaçar” by Atatürk. Between 1936 and 1959, he taught linguistics at DTCF. Between 1942 and 1960, he was advisor and <<something – what the heck is “redaktörlük”?>> to the Türk Ansiklopedisi. Agop Dilaçar was the first to propose the term “Türkiye Türkçesi” (the Turkish language of Turkey) and this term was approved and accepted. Of his works spanning almost every period of Turkish, some are: Les Bases bio-psycholgiques de la Güneş-dil (1936; The Bio-Psychological Bases of the “Sun Language” ; Devlet Dili Olarak Türkçe (1962; Turkish as Official/State Language); Wilhelm Thomsen ve Orhun Yazıtlarının Çözülüşü (1962; Wilhelm Thomsen and the Deciphering of the Orkhon Inscriptions); Türk Diline Genel Bir Bakış (1964; An Overview of the Turkish Language); Türkiye’de Dil Özleşmesi (1965); Dil, Diller ve Dilcilik (1968); Geometri (1971; edited Atatürk’s work of the same name); Kutadgu Bilig İncelemesi (1972; A Study of the Kutadgu Bilig); Anadili İlkeleri ve Türkiye Dışındaki Başlıca Uygulamaları (1978).

(Sorry, didn’t know how to translate some of the titles... Not good at doing that.)

[ May 27, 2001: Message edited by: Thorny Rose ]

[ May 27, 2001: Message edited by: Thorny Rose ]

#3 Arpa

Arpa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,011 posts
  • Interests:Culture

Posted 26 January 2008 - 06:14 PM

QUOTE (Boghos @ May 26 2001, 07:03 PM)
Renowned linguist in Turkey was in charge of the Turkish Language Council for many years. He was personally appointed by Mustafa Kemal Ataturk.

http://en.wikipedia....i/Agop_Dilaçar
One could only wish that we also had our own Dilacars, literally - tongue opener. Specially when it comes to "family names"
Note how precariously his nickname sounds like Acharian/Ajarian.

Edited by Arpa, 26 January 2008 - 06:15 PM.

#4 Arpa

Arpa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,011 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 09:18 AM

http://news.am/eng/news/31800.html

Turks concerned over Armenian author of Ataturk’s signature

September 22, 2010 | 15:02
Turks are still concerned over the fact that the author of Ataturk’s signature is Hakob Cherchyan, Armenian by the origin, professor of the renowned Robert College.
Information saying that the author of the signature is Sabiha Gokcen has recently appeared in the Turkish press.
However, one of the local journalists from Izmir had a talk with Tigran Cherchyan, 90 year old son of Hakob Cherchyan who resides in the U.S. He called the false reports of the Turkish press, noting that the author of Ataturk’s signature was his father who had received a gratitude letter from Ataturk.
Interestingly, the author of the Turkish alphabet Hakob Dilacar (Martayan) is also of the Armenian descent. He has created Turkish alphabet and made a great contribution to the Turkish grammar and linguistics.

BTW. The surname “cherchiyan” is in fact of Armenian origin. In their non-language “cherhchi/cerci” means peddler/փերեզակ/street vendor, based on the Armenian word “jarr/ճառ/oration” when the merchants and street vendors would announce/orate the virtues of their merchandise.
And when we talk about "rag buyer/sellers not to forget the surname of "chaput-ji-ian". Rag=tsntsoti/ցնցոտի
Rag peddler/cherchi;
http://www.latinamer...ag-peddlers.jpg
http://hyeforum.com/...=0

Edited by Arpa, 22 September 2010 - 09:45 AM.

#5 Armat

Armat

A R M A T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 02:46 PM

http://news.am/eng/news/31800.html

BTW. The surname “cherchiyan” is in fact of Armenian origin. In their non-language “cherhchi/cerci” means peddler/փերեզակ/street vendor, based on the Armenian word “jarr/ճառ/oration” when the merchants and street vendors would announce/orate the virtues of their merchandise.
And when we talk about "rag buyer/sellers not to forget the surname of "chaput-ji-ian". Rag=tsntsoti/ցնցոտի
Rag peddler/cherchi;
http://www.latinamer...ag-peddlers.jpg
http://hyeforum.com/...=0

So another Armenian who served the Turks!!F--k the Turks and god damm Ottoman f--ging whatever.Am I suppose to feel proud because some Armenians converted to Islam so they can serve the Turks better?
Serve=servant no matter how you look at it! I rather die then be a tool.

#6 Armat

Armat

A R M A T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 02:51 PM

F--ging MFers would of been nothing without Armenians! from Balians to Sinan to 1st printing press to Opera.F--k them!!!Yes not so politically correct but I have no reservation about the furks!

#7 Arpa

Arpa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,011 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 03:05 PM

Someone should have cut the tongue of that idiot "dil-acar/ dil-achar" literally-"tongue opener"**, and broken the writing finger of that other idiot who devised the "signature".
Armat, have you read the threads where some of us so proudly and nostalgically speak about our contributions to the ottoman culture?
**You wish he had placed his tongue somewhere else.We know waht "aralez/haralez" means, how about "orralez"? :msn-tongue:

Edited by Arpa, 22 September 2010 - 09:41 PM.

#8 Armenak

Armenak

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 816 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 07:08 PM

I guess Baliozian would characterize this guy as "Ottomanized."

Çerçyan notes that his father was always very proud of Turkey. Insisting that there is really no difference between Turks and Armenians, Çerçyan says: “There never was any problem between these two peoples. These days here in New York, my best friends are Turks. When I get together with my Armenian friends, we all speak Turkish. I was born in 1919 in New York, but when I die, I wish to be buried in İstanbul.”

See here: http://www.todayszam...tay&link=222052

#9 Arpa

Arpa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,011 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 11:48 AM

I guess Baliozian would characterize this guy as "Ottomanized.

See here: http://www.todayszam...tay&link=222052

So! You still read his hallucinatorial garbage? I don't. I stopped over twenty years ago.
Please read Ara B again and tell us when he has said anything good about us. He is the ultimate facsimile of osman, the most ottoman of all ottomans. His only wish is that we trash all our bosses, bishops, charlatans, and panjunis and go back to the "good old days" of osman. I he only knew that he is the "poster child" of "punchuni"s.** He is the perfect example of the Patty Hearst/Stockholm Syndrome.
Եթէ նա մի նոր "բան չունի" ասելիք, he'd better go to his cell and practice the old art of infertile excercise.
**Is it because no one pays for his gobbldigook anymore? The only one responding to him is that other one in the mirror.Even our lovely Grand Lady Louise Kiffer will ot respond to him.
PS. Armenak,we have known you for quite some time. Please write an article, a paragraph with more than three words and let us know your concept of Armenian Culture. If you don't have access to the paper editions, there are many sources, some of them on the Internet. It does not have to be in the Armenian text. We will understand it perfectly.

Edited by Arpa, 23 September 2010 - 12:03 PM.

#10 Zartonk

Zartonk

Magnificent!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,764 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 12:57 PM

When I get together with my Armenian friends, we all speak Turkish.

Define identity.

#11 Arpa

Arpa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,011 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 01:34 PM

Define identity.

What an imbecile bastard of osman!!!
So he wants to be buried in stambokh?
Does he expect to buried like this;
http://www.stnersess...L-ClergyDig.jpg
Or like this?
http://blog.clevelan...osions_Meye.JPG
We will bury him in our backyard cesspool and septic tank.Under this;
http://silvercreekha...9_7outhouse.jpg
Stupid idiot!!!
I have met other stambokh armenians(?) who would have nothing to do with othere Armenians, all their friends are turks,they would only go the Armenian church not to pray but to eat kokma, kakma and kakstrma.

Edited by Arpa, 23 September 2010 - 02:15 PM.

#12 Zartonk

Zartonk

Magnificent!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,764 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 02:43 PM

Posted Image

Ben büyük bir Ermeni

#13 Armenak

Armenak

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 816 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 04:01 PM

So! You still read his hallucinatorial garbage? I don't. I stopped over twenty years ago.
Please read Ara B again and tell us when he has said anything good about us. He is the ultimate facsimile of osman, the most ottoman of all ottomans. His only wish is that we trash all our bosses, bishops, charlatans, and panjunis and go back to the "good old days" of osman. I he only knew that he is the "poster child" of "punchuni"s.** He is the perfect example of the Patty Hearst/Stockholm Syndrome.
Եթէ նա մի նոր "բան չունի" ասելիք, he'd better go to his cell and practice the old art of infertile excercise.
**Is it because no one pays for his gobbldigook anymore? The only one responding to him is that other one in the mirror.Even our lovely Grand Lady Louise Kiffer will ot respond to him.

If his postings are so offensive, then why is he still allowed to keep a journal here? Is there some sort of a contract?

PS. Armenak,we have known you for quite some time. Please write an article, a paragraph with more than three words and let us know your concept of Armenian Culture. If you don't have access to the paper editions, there are many sources, some of them on the Internet. It does not have to be in the Armenian text. We will understand it perfectly.

Not sure what you mean here.

#14 Arpa

Arpa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,011 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 10:34 AM

If his postings are so offensive, then why is he still allowed to keep a journal here? Is there some sort of a contract?

I retract my comment. You responded with not 2-3 but a 6 word sentence. And now, please write a 600 word article and teach us.
There was a time when Ara would spread his garbage all over the Subject Topic of CULTURE preventing us from approaching the category.
As to why he has a private "dunce corner" :dunce: դանձ թանցր գլուխ ? Seek and find who caused his banishment from the general topic of CULTURE, and assigned his own private masturpeesroom.
Oddly enough, over twenty year ago a friend approached me and asked what this "itiot" was talking about? Even more odd is that the name of that friend is Armenak. I was lost in words, except that, he says what we have avoided for so long.What with "bosses" "bishops" "charlatans" "punchunis", "ottomans", on and on, ad infinitum and ad nauseam.
As that great philosopher Popeye says- "Enough/inuff is enough, and enough is too much"!!
In case we don't know the Armenian for "enough", it is "heriq/bavakan".
Dear Armenak, please remove your nose from the farty arrears of Ara.

Edited by Arpa, 26 September 2010 - 01:31 AM.

#15 ervonitor

ervonitor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Interests:Politics, history, sociology, psycology, linguistics, economics, theoretical physics.

Posted 26 December 2010 - 12:30 AM

The Turks never had a grammer book or any idea about Turkish grammer until Ataturk wanted a Turkish grammer book during the 1920's. Since there were no Turkish linguists he chose an Armenian one, Mr. Martayan. One should not be angry with him because, how many people in the world actually "invented" an alphabet for another language other than his own? The only other example is the Kirilian brothers who were Greek and created the Slavic alphabets. This is a great achievement that no Turk could do. An honor for him and the collective intellect and culture of the Armenians. Also, being an Armenian, or anything else for that matter, has nothing to do with blood or religion. The only factor is the DNA of a person. Even if one changes his religion or nationality, one is still what he is. Also, some Armenians converted to Islam because during the 1400's people who converted to Islam were exempt from taxes of ruling Turks. Some were forced to convert by fear of being slaughtered. There were also some relatively peacefull times for Armenians in which names didn't matter much. One must also remember that out of roughly 40 thousand words used in Turkish today, just about 500 words are Turkish. The rest is barrowed from other languages, Armenian being a major contibutor. Some have been taken about 600 years before from Armenian and that only a handfull people actually know it. This means that, names of things, abstract values or people may sound Turkish to some but they are actually Armenian. Armenian also took some words from Turkish but almost all were discontinued after the establishment of the Armenian Republic. If some people are living under the political rule of a country where the majoruty of the population usese another language, than it is normal for them to use it in daily life, and in the course of centuries adapt some words. There was also a custom of Turks focibly taking children from non-muslims to be raised as muslim children. The Architect Sinanyan is one of the most famous of them. His story is officially written in historic documents and has begun to be accepted since recent years by educated normal Turks. The Ottomans didn't have any idea about "nationality", so anyone who was a muslim was considered as a muslim or an Ottoman. They also married with some Armenians. Consider this; if a muslim Ottoman marries an Armenian, their child is half "Turk" and half Amenian. If in later life that child becomes a prominent person, that is because of his/her Armenian genes. Even though he/she may consider himself/herself a Turk or anything else. Some people may not like the fact that many statesmen, artists, businessmen and even military officers were Armenian and helped the Ottomans. But one should think that, all that happened before the massacre of 1915. It also means that the credit goes to Armenians when one speaks of any achievement of the Ottomans, also shared by Greeks, Jews and many other nationlities. An Armenian may only be considered as a "traitor" only if that person has harmed any Armenian knowingly while he also knew that he himself was an Armenian, especially after 1915. I don't think that there were or are Armenian "traitors" in Turkey. But there are many Armenians who are "harmful' to the Armenian people and for Armenia. They are the communists and the criminals in Russia.

#16 Arpa

Arpa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,011 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 09:48 PM

An excellent article in Keghart.
Written by Levon Sharoyan of Aleppo, translated by Vahe Apelian.
Hagop Martayan, aka Dilachar
Sadly and ironically all this was happenning simultaneously at the time when those idiots in Yerevan were F-ing up and bastardizing the Sacred Mesropian Language. We are so good serving the sultan, but we defecate on our own saints. No Hagop did not defecate on our Saints. See below. Where are our own Hagop Lezouabats@s
====
http://www.keghart.c...Apelian-Dilacar
http://www.keghart.com/print/3060

Genius With Words
By Levon Sharoyan, Aleppo
Translation by Vahe Apelian (See the below Note)
Among the many prominent individuals named Hagop is Hagop Martayan, also known as Hagop (Agop) Dilaçar. He was an eminent linguist and one of the main architects of the modern written Turkish language.
He was born in 1895 in Istanbul and graduated from the local Robert College in 1915 where he was appointed lecturer. He later became a lecturer at the Sofia University, Bulgaria specializing in Ottoman Turkish and ancient Eastern languages.
Martayans reputation as an expert linguist became so widely known that the founder and the first president of Turkish Republic, Mustafa Kamal Atatürk, personally invited him to attend the First Turkish Language Congress on Sept. 22, 1932. Atatürk presided over the congress in his drive to overhaul the written Turkish language. Martayan accepted the invitation and from that point until his death he devoted his life to the Turkish language.
He was appointed main advisor and the secretary-general of the newly-formed Turkish Language Association in Ankara. From 1936 to 1950 he lectured at the University of Ankara. Later he was appointed editor-in-chief of the Turkish Encyclopedia.
Atatürk was so impressed by Martayan's linguistic expertise that he suggested the surname Dilaçar for him. It means someone who opens a language. Hagop accepted the name and henceforth in Turkish circles he became known as Dilaçar. Nevertheless, he retained his baptismal family name and used it in his writings. Martayan also kept his close ties to his ethnic Armenian culture which he loved and appreciated dearly.
Hagop Martayan-Dilaçar lived in Ankara but continued to maintain his ties with the Istanbul Armenian community. In the '50s he often contributed articles to the Istanbul-based "Marmara" Armenian newspaper glorifying important Armenian historical events. He declared 1951 the 1,500 anniversary of the Vartanian War, holy year (Սուրբ Տարի). On that occasion he wrote many articles in the newspaper about the protracted war between Armenia and Persia and had it published as a booklet.
To have a better perspective of the scope and breath of his knowledge of Armenian literature its worth noting the titles of some of the articles he wrote in "Marmara" in that period: The 80th Anniversary of Hantes Amsoria (Հանդէս Ամսօրեայ-ի 80-ամեակը), The 400th Anniversary of Armenian Printing in Istanbul (400-ամեակ պոլսահայ տպագրութեան), Our First Universities (Մեր առաջին համալսարանները), Armenian Language Expert Teachers (Հայկաբան Ուսուցիչները), The Armenian Through Centuries (Հայերէնը դարերն ի վար), Our Western Armenian (Մեր արեւմտահայերէնը), The Verb and its Times (Բայը եւ իր ժամանակները), To Know Wisdom and Instruction (Ճանաչել զիմաստութիւն եւ զխրատ) and many more.
Martayan-Dilaçar made his deep appreciation and love of the Armenian language and literature amply evident in the early 1960s when he started publishing in "Marmara" articles under the general header A Panoramic View of Armenian Culture (Համայնապատկեր հայ մշակոյթի). It was an extensive and in-depth study that appeared daily in the newspaper consecutively for seven to eight years, for some 1,500 days. This exhaustive study was assembled and published in three volumes many years after his death. Those who have perused these volumes remain at awe of his encyclopedic knowledge of Armenian culture.
Rober Haddedjian, playwright and the long-time editor-in-chief of "Marmara", who was a confidant and friend of the eminent linguist, bears witness to Hagop Martayan-Dilaçars love of Armenian culture. The eminent linguist and his wife Meline lived in Ankara isolated from the Armenian community. However, they felt a strong need to associate with Armenians and to speak Armenian. They sent their son, Vahe, to Istanbul to attend the Mekhitarian School to receive an Armenian education and to continue to maintain his ties with his people.
When Haddedjian visited them in Ankara for the very first time, he was in awe of his massive library of thousands of volumes, encyclopedias and dictionaries. He was a living encyclopedia himself, a modern-day living computer where by pressing a button one would get encyclopedic information with figures and dates.
In the 1960s Martayan-Dilaçar often visited Istanbul and liked to meet young Armenian writers who would remain mesmerized by his encyclopedic knowledge. The Armenian culture held no secrets hidden from him.
Last but not the least, Hagop was very proud of his baptismal name. He had a palm-size notebook where on each page he inscribed his name in the native characters of many languages, dead or living. Haddedjian said that with that booklet he paid homage to his parents and made amply evident of his encyclopedic knowledge of languages living and dead. He called his booklet Hagopbadoum (ՅԱԿՈԲԱՊԱՏՈՒՄ).
In spite of his contributions to the modern Turkish language and to Armenian culture, a small but vocal group of Turks and Armenians despised him. He seemed to have been caught in the middle and aroused the suspicions of both parties.
First the Turks: As the editor-in-chief of the "Turkish Encyclopedia", Martayan-Dilaçar wrote countless entries. When it came to the letter E, he wrote about the Armenians under "Ermenlir" (Turkish for Armenian) header as any objective academician would have done. However, the government-appointed censors refused to include it in the encyclopedia. Instead, they delegated someone else with the task of preparing the entry about Armenians. Martayan-Dilaçar took offense and regarded it a personal affront, a treacherous deed. He was greatly saddened.
The Armenians: When he was publishing his exhaustive study of the Armenian culture in "Marmara" in the 1960s, another Armenian newspaper--"Jamanag" (Ժամանակ)--in Istanbul argued with him over an obscure academic debate as to whether the Armenian word "կափարիչ" (lid) Martayan-Dilaçar had used could be used for cover of a book instead of the commonly used Armenian word for it, կողք (go'ghq). In spite of all the evidence the linguist produced to justify its use, his opponent continued his relentless objection and turned it into a personal attack. The episode so angered and outraged him that he stopped contributing to "Marmara" and ceased writing in Armenian.
Hagop Maltayan-Dilicar passed away in 1979.

Note:
1. Levon Sharoyan--Լեւոն Շառոյեան--is an author. He lives in Aleppo with his wife and their two daughters. posted the attached in the Aleppo Armenian Facebook Group in four segments. He graciously gave me permission to translate it. Vahe H. Apelian.
2. Սրբոցն Յակոբայ Մծբնայ Հայրապետին (St. James of Nisbis) is celebrated the second week of December.
3. "Marmara" (Մարմարա) is an Armenian-language daily newspaper which has been published since August 1940 in Istanbul. Its editor is Robert Haddedjian.
4. Hantes Amsorya is a cultural periodical that is published by the Mekhitarian Congregation of Venice.
5. Rober Haddeciyan (also spelled and pronounced as Haddedjian) (Ռոպէր Հատտէճեան) (born 1926) in Istanbul and also known as Rober Haddeler, is a writer, playwright, and since 1967 editor-in-chief of "Marmara".
6. Levon Sharoyan posted the pictures of Hagop Martayan-Dilaçar along with the article he posted in the Aleppo Armenians Facebook group. He has downloaded the pictures from Google.
7. Hrach Kalsahakian took the picture of Hagop Martayan-Dilaçars gravesite during a visit to Istanbul. He posted it in Aleppo Armenians Facebook Group. He wrote: The picture is from Shishli (Şişli in Turkish) Armenian Cemetery, the main cemetery of the Armenians on the European side of Istanbul. As an Armenian, he had no other place to be buried. The tomb is part of Pantheon of Intellectuals and Artists (Պանթէոն Մտաւորականներու եւ Արուեստագէտներու).
It's worth noting that the Armenian cemetery of Istanbul on the Asian side, the Pangaltı Armenian Cemetery, originally belonged to the Sourp Hagop Armenian Hospital. It was demolished in the '30s and replaced by big hotels and the Taksim Gezi Park where the recent demonstrators took place.

Edited by Arpa, 27 January 2014 - 09:58 PM.

#17 hagopn

hagopn

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 663 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 10:44 PM

The Turks never had a grammer book or any idea about Turkish grammer until Ataturk wanted a Turkish grammer book during the 1920's. Since there were no Turkish linguists he chose an Armenian one, Mr. Martayan. One should not be angry with him because, how many people in the world actually "invented" an alphabet for another language other than his own? The only other example is the Kirilian brothers who were Greek and created the Slavic alphabets. This is a great achievement that no Turk could do. An honor for him and the collective intellect and culture of the Armenians. Also, being an Armenian, or anything else for that matter, has nothing to do with blood or religion. The only factor is the DNA of a person. Even if one changes his religion or nationality, one is still what he is. Also, some Armenians converted to Islam because during the 1400's people who converted to Islam were exempt from taxes of ruling Turks. Some were forced to convert by fear of being slaughtered. There were also some relatively peacefull times for Armenians in which names didn't matter much. One must also remember that out of roughly 40 thousand words used in Turkish today, just about 500 words are Turkish. The rest is barrowed from other languages, Armenian being a major contibutor. Some have been taken about 600 years before from Armenian and that only a handfull people actually know it. This means that, names of things, abstract values or people may sound Turkish to some but they are actually Armenian. Armenian also took some words from Turkish but almost all were discontinued after the establishment of the Armenian Republic. If some people are living under the political rule of a country where the majoruty of the population usese another language, than it is normal for them to use it in daily life, and in the course of centuries adapt some words. There was also a custom of Turks focibly taking children from non-muslims to be raised as muslim children. The Architect Sinanyan is one of the most famous of them. His story is officially written in historic documents and has begun to be accepted since recent years by educated normal Turks. The Ottomans didn't have any idea about "nationality", so anyone who was a muslim was considered as a muslim or an Ottoman. They also married with some Armenians. Consider this; if a muslim Ottoman marries an Armenian, their child is half "Turk" and half Amenian. If in later life that child becomes a prominent person, that is because of his/her Armenian genes. Even though he/she may consider himself/herself a Turk or anything else. Some people may not like the fact that many statesmen, artists, businessmen and even military officers were Armenian and helped the Ottomans. But one should think that, all that happened before the massacre of 1915. It also means that the credit goes to Armenians when one speaks of any achievement of the Ottomans, also shared by Greeks, Jews and many other nationlities. An Armenian may only be considered as a "traitor" only if that person has harmed any Armenian knowingly while he also knew that he himself was an Armenian, especially after 1915. I don't think that there were or are Armenian "traitors" in Turkey. But there are many Armenians who are "harmful' to the Armenian people and for Armenia. They are the communists and the criminals in Russia.

Don't you feel so special now?  You are politically correct!  Congratulations! 

Truthful, however, is another matter.

1.  I am not merely angry, but am absolutely in fumes at Martayan the Traitor and the likes of him who developed the culture that annihilated the majority of our own and still continues to work toward annihilation of Armenian history, living nationality. statehood.  Forgive me for being an Armenian who likes his culture to survive.

2.  Yes.  I can think of 2 alphabets that were invented, organized, developed by a man who did not belong to that culture.  The Georgian alphabet and the Albanian/Aghvank alphabet, both developed by Mashtots and entourage!  I thought this was common knowledge! 

3. The Cyrillian brothers were actually ethnic Armenians, hence the original 36 letter Cyrillic alphabet!  Doubt me?  Go ask Dr. Lucy der Manuelian at Tufts. 

4. Consciousness and loyalty to one's own heritage is more important than just the genetic.  Ask Djevdet Bey, an ethnic Armenian whose family had only coverted a couple of generations before 1900, the butcher of Van.  He murdered many tens of thousands of Armenians.

5. The Ottomans definitely did know about nationalities.  For this reason, they targeted Armenians more so than any other Christian during the genocide period.  They also targeted Armenians during taxation, and particularly detailed descriptions of this phenomenon were published by Dr. Lucine Sahakyan on Babert, Artvin and other regions.   The 18th century secret memorandum exposed in Armen Ayvazyan's work entitled The Armenian Church at the Crossroads of the Armenian Liberation Movement in the 18th century also shows that the Ottoman Turks were planning to exterminate Armenians and had made that proposal already in that century and priorI would highly suggest reading this invaluable thesis.

6. This is an addendum and continuation of Sabbatai Tvi's proclamation in 1666, as witnessed by Araqel Davrizhetsi and chronicled in his History of Armenia published in 1692, I believe.  Dr. Manvel Zulalian  is a great source for this.  Sabbatai Tzvi's proclamation is as follows: "We will exterminated the Christians and subject Muslims to severely taxed serfdom."  Although this one is not necessarily targeted specifically at Armenians, one cannot but see the genocidal intent, the first "officially" and publically pronounced one in Ottoman history.  However, let's also recall that Tala'at is buried in a "Sabbatean" cemetery in an elaborate mausoleum adorned with the six pointed star.  Turk and Doenmeh Jew alike, therefore, has expressed genocidal intent, although Davrishtsi also recalls that the orthodox Jewry were against the Sabbataean heresy and were constantly lodging complaints against it to the authorities.  The Ottomans themselves were specific about exterminating Armenians.

7. The Ottomans were particularly aware of nationality ESPECIALLY when they would choose the women they would rape, err, "marry" into their harems.  They were keenly aware of what damage they were doing to their subject peoples when stealing their "best genetic pool" as well as these barbaric mongrels understood it.  Let's face the facts here: They were voracious pedophiles, thieves, and murderers with lots and lots of perfumed pillows.

To be continued.

Edited by hagopn, 27 January 2014 - 10:57 PM.

#18 hagopn

hagopn

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 663 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 11:55 PM

An excellent article in Keghart.
Written by Levon Sharoyan of Aleppo, translated by Vahe Apelian.
Hagop Martayan, aka Dilachar
Sadly and ironically all this was happenning simultaneously at the time when those idiots in Yerevan were F-ing up and bastardizing the Sacred Mesropian Language. We are so good serving the sultan, but we defecate on our own saints. No Hagop did not defecate on our Saints. See below. Where are our own Hagop Lezouabats@s
====
http://www.keghart.c...Apelian-Dilacar
http://www.keghart.com/print/3060

In addition to the Monkey and the Banana syndrome, many ARmenians suffer from the Self Flagellation Makes Me Feel Special syndrome.

I recall that you admire the likes of Manuk Abeghian and Khatchatur Abovian.

I personally no longer give them the esteem they have been granted by the "revolutionary" stream that has led us down one disastrous path after another.

Grigor Artsruni is my idol, and he shall remain so, along with the patient and balanced Armen Yergarian/Yerkarian.

Abovian started the "qolloquialist" movement, following the footsteps of Euro"humanist" vernacularists (jargonists, really, in retrospect) starting with Dante Alighieri and on. 

Abeghian was merely a continuation and culmination of this cycle in the orthographic realm. 

Ajarian, much, much to his credit, and this I say without reserve, managed to save the ARmenian language as much as the murderous Soviet regime allowed it.  Ajarian did suffer and sacrifice much, as he was physically tortured as well, although not becuase of this issue.

Therefore, with all due respect to the comments (not really) above, the f-ing up of the ARmenian language began with naive "revolutionary" un-thought, but was exploited by the nation-murdering Soviet regime. 

Ajarian made a double compromise and perhaps was the main instrument in saving our language.  He proposed at least a legible revision of Abeghian's ridiculous "one sound, one letter" unintelligible orthography.  He also on the other front saved the ARmenian alphabet from extinction in the Armenian SSR altogether, as the original Moscowite orders were to scrap the ARmenian characters for the Latin. 

WIth all due (sincere) respect to Abeghian and his excellent scholarship, particularly his work on Armenian cosmology, he really was less of a help with the orthography issue and opened the floodgates of Bolshevik exploitation of his work and sabotage of our national unity.

Edited by hagopn, 28 January 2014 - 12:00 AM.

#19 Arpa

Arpa

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,011 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 12:50 AM

I am sure when you "accuse" me of being an admirer of Abeghian is in sarcasm. Some admire him so much as to name the philological institute of YSU in his name. I don't. I disdain him for being such a coward as opposed to the fearless diminutive Giant Ajarian, who defied the KGB and dared to publish his masterpiece Armatakan in the Mrsropian Orthography . Abeghian, the ball-less coward that he was could only compromise and eliminatethe letters E Hiun and O , and instead added that stupid YEV.
Why is it that when we talk about such matters our Dolmaji and Basturmaji friends remain quiet?
Parev Paron SeTraG MamoulJan!/Dolmajian

Edited by Arpa, 28 January 2014 - 01:02 AM.

#20 hagopn

hagopn

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 663 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 01:06 AM

The Architect Sinanyan is one of the most famous of them. His story is officially written in historic documents and has begun to be accepted since recent years by educated normal Turks.

And precisely because Sinan was no longer Christian and part of the ARmenian Millet, he was no longer considered an ARmenian by himself, ARmenians, or Ottomans. Once Muslim, you would lose your Armenian affiliation.  That is merely a form of genocide.

The Ottomans didn't have any idea about "nationality", so anyone who was a muslim was considered as a muslim or an Ottoman. They also married with some Armenians.

You have got to be kidding.  How romantic.  "Aghasi, our 12 year old was abducted and taken to Khlot Bey's harem.  Barbara Cartland and Sidney Sheldon are sure to write about this wonderful romance between consenting adults.  By the way, we had to name our beautiful new born daughter Aghasi so that the Bey and other (pedophile) rapists would think she was a boy and not abduct and rape her."  This is really a paraphrase of an actual story.  Ask Richard Hovanissian.  He'll get around to publishing these interview based stories one day, perhaps in 2098. 

Consider this; if a muslim Ottoman marries an Armenian, their child is half "Turk" and half Amenian. If in later life that child becomes a prominent person, that is because of his/her Armenian genes. Even though he/she may consider himself/herself a Turk or anything else. Some people may not like the fact that many statesmen, artists, businessmen and even military officers were Armenian and helped the Ottomans. But one should think that, all that happened before the massacre of 1915. It also means that the credit goes to Armenians when one speaks of any achievement of the Ottomans, also shared by Greeks, Jews and many other nationlities. An Armenian may only be considered as a "traitor" only if that person has harmed any Armenian knowingly while he also knew that he himself was an Armenian, especially after 1915. I don't think that there were or are Armenian "traitors" in Turkey. But there are many Armenians who are "harmful' to the Armenian people and for Armenia. They are the communists and the criminals in Russia.

And this was indeed the case.  Djevdet, my favorite vampire muse, knew well that he was of Armenian extraction.  He was not even a product of "marriage" (rape-age, abduct-age), but came from a family of converts.  Such converts usually did so convert to Islam in order to steal land from more worthy Christian relatives.  That was the game that made Islam "strong and proud," mostly, stolen wealth by upstart converts who would later turn on their own brethren. 

In other words, Armenians who converted to Islam became "more Muslim that the Caliph, more Turkish than the Dervish, and more Catholic Than Mel Gibson." 

THey were indeed harmful to Armenians, as was Hagop Martayan harmful to ARmenians simply because he helped in the advancement of Turks.

Then comes my favorite memes that Self Flagelant Armenians love to utter: "There were bad Armenians in the Soviet Union, evil bolsheviks."  This guy takes the cake, though, in claiming that not only were the Islamised ARmenians "never traitors", but that there were no Armenian traitors to Turkey.  Being loyal to Turkey is good for what, exactly?

The simple formula from the individual above reads as such :  "There are bad ARmenians, therefore Turks are good."  Why not?  Is he really saying aything else?  TUrks have been such "great" people indeed.  They have only dynamited and demolished around a 1000 chapels and monasteries, burned tens of thousands of manuscripts, raped and murdered only about 500,000 women during the genocide, Adana massacres (particularly well remembered as a pedophilia jamboree by contemporary writer Ruben Sevak, I believe), Sasun massacres, and so on.  They were so nice, that they could have burned 1001 churches, but they only burned 1000, those generous *****s.

THis is too much, simply too much.

Edited by hagopn, 28 January 2014 - 01:12 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users