No replies to this topic

#1 onjig

onjig

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts
  • Location:Ranch in Sierra Nevada Mountains, California, Ranch in Nevada
  • Interests:Family, Armenia, Armenians,skiing, crop, too much to list.

Posted 16 May 2019 - 09:21 AM

f5cdae682ec28b_5cdae682ec2cb.thumb.jpg

His Holiness Aram I, Catholicos of the Great House of Cilicia met on Tuesday with President of Syrian Arab Republic Bashar al-Assad in Damascus, the website of the Catholicosate reported.

According to the source the interlocutors discussed the current situation in Syria, issues related to the Armenian community of the Arab Republic. His Holiness Aram I thanked President Assad for the support to the reconstruction works of Forty Martyrs Cathedral in Aleppo. In the words of the Catholicos, Armenians are deeply attached to Syria and are decisively engaged in reconstruction works of the country.

President Bashar al-Assad, in turn, noted that Armenian have always been reliable, beloved and hardworking citizens of Syria and have greatly contributed to the progress of the Republic.

According to the press release, the President next called on all Syrian-Armenians who had left the country during the war for different reasons to return and rebuild their houses and jobs, adding the Armenian community will continue benefiting from the support of the state.

To note, His Holiness Aram I is travelling to Damascus, Syria, on an episcopal visit.

https://www.panorama...Armenia/2114319

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users